PDA

View Full Version : Does it get hot at night?

wolfsoul
06-16-2003, 09:48 PM
It's been so HOT at night time lately! :eek: :o I have trouble getting to sleep! I's almost 8:00 pm, and it's still 32 degees (91 or so degrees according to my NEW thermometre! :D lol)

i'm soooo hot!!!

What do you do to beat the heat?

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Our AC is on 60, I wouldn't know. :p

wolfsoul
06-16-2003, 09:52 PM
lol, I keep forgetting we have one of those :rolleyes: :o We just got a new one...but it is in the living room, and my bedroom door is always closed. I keep my window open, but it doesn't help much :( :o

popcornbird
06-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Our A/C is on all day/all night when its hot. I wouldn't know either. :p

We keep our central A?C at 68 degrees, and it keeps the entire house cool.

GoldenRetrLuver
06-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Yeah, we have A/C too! I wouldnt really know..its been in the 90s here!:eek:

wolfsoul
06-16-2003, 09:56 PM
My AC must be junk lol...It doesn't even have temperature setting, only cold, and colder kinda thing lol. It's a kenmore, is that an old brand or something? :confused:

Paul
06-16-2003, 09:58 PM
   It's 50°F (10°C) outside right now. The low for tonight is supposed to be 42°F (5.5°C) I wish it were hot.

Paul

mugsy
06-16-2003, 10:01 PM
I wish I were in MA!! lol It's 71 at 10pm....I'm glad we have central air! lol

popcornbird
06-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
My AC must be junk lol...It doesn't even have temperature setting, only cold, and colder kinda thing lol. It's a kenmore, is that an old brand or something? :confused:

That's cause it isn't central, right? Just a single unit sitting around in one room. Central A/C in when its installed in the house and there are vents throughout the house, with one control on the wall. You can set the temperature for A/C and heating with that, and it adjusts the house temperature to the set temperature, turning the A/C on when it goes above the settings, and off when its at the right temperature, :)

wolfsoul
06-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Ah lol :o I'm a ditz, I never thought of that lol. Yeah, ours is the stupid cheap kind that sits in the living room window and causes insecurity...someone could crawl right through the window! :eek: :rolleyes:

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 10:08 PM
I just went and checked the little Tempature thing outside and it's like 86 at 11pm lol

Cataholic
06-16-2003, 10:08 PM
This thred name had some real potential...he he he..

wolfsoul
06-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
This thred name had some real potential...he he he..

LOL! I burst out laughing when I read that...heehee :p ;)

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 10:13 PM
LMAO! Cataholic take your mind out of the gutter! ;) :p

RubyMutt
06-17-2003, 12:27 AM
ugh... I'm so jealous of all you that have AC. I have it in my car, but that's it :p If it gets too hot at night I open my bedroom window, but I usually just take some blankets off my bed.

Gone Doggin'
06-17-2003, 12:32 AM
omgosh it's soooooooo hot at night, i can't even sleep, i keep rolling around and sweating, i don't have AC :( , so my fan blows warm arm while i sleep, it's Horrible!!!

wolf_Q
06-17-2003, 12:36 AM
My room is in the very top, and I have to keep my door shut all day (dogs get into stuff)...and we have no central air, just a SWAMP COOLER. :(

I have AC in the car but I never use it because the old lady car is a gas hog as it is, and that doesn't help.

06-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Here in Belgium, almost nobody has AC ... , so sometimes I'm so hot too... . Before I go to bed, I always put my feet and arms in ice-cold water. It really helps!! I also have a wet cloth ready to put on my forehead when necessary:) :cool: :)

The Cat Factory
06-17-2003, 01:26 AM
It's 11:30 PM here and it's 62 F. I hate hot weather! I don't have A/C :( My bedroom is in the basement though, it's nice and cold down there :cool:

tomkatzid
06-17-2003, 02:17 AM
It's 65* in Seattle, just past midnight:)

lynnestankard
06-17-2003, 04:57 AM
Here in the UK - like Belgium - hardly anyone has A/C.
At the moment we've been having some VERY hot weather!! So everyone's moaning and groaning about being too hot - that's us Brits., never happy unless we're moaning!!
I've given up getting into bed - I just lie on top! With the fan going then I can't sleep 'cos of the noise - agghhh:(

All three cats stayed out last night - nawtee kitties!! I wish I could have joined them it was just a little cooler out than in.
Their all in NOW - sleeping on the bed :o

Lynne

Uabassoon
06-17-2003, 09:50 AM
No A/C here just swamp coolers. They actually work really well until monsoon season they it gets super hot in the house. However my new place will have an A/C and if I actually get the place that I really want then I won't have to pay utilities so that a/c will be cranked up on high all the time.

Cataholic
06-17-2003, 09:55 AM
I hate to be soooo materialistic, but, I cannot imagine life without AC. I leave my house, into the garage, turn on the car, the a/c is already spewing, into my a/c office. UGH! Sweating at night is just not my thing....(Leave it ALONE, Schleppy).

micki76
06-17-2003, 10:26 AM
I hate to be soooo materialistic, but, I cannot imagine life without AC. I leave my house, into the garage, turn on the car, the a/c is already spewing, into my a/c office. UGH! Sweating at night is just not my thing....(Leave it ALONE, Schleppy).

Couldn't agree more!! I don't care where I live, I'll always have A/C, regardless of the cost!!!!

popcornbird
06-17-2003, 11:37 AM

I agree with you. :D We didn't have AC in our old place several years ago, and I remember how awful it was whenever we had a heatwave! :eek: It was like we were sitting in an oven! :eek: All we could do was eat popsicles and take ice cold baths. Now we just turn on the AC, but after years of not having any, I find having AC a true blessing from God. Its just so hard to live without it!

I've been to England several times in the summer, and no one has AC there. Although it is much much cooler there than here, it gets SO humid, and it feels so hot and muggy in the night that you just can't sleep. Even the bathrooms were SO muggy! Ugh! Just remembering it makes me feel hot! :eek:

catland
06-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by lut
. Before I go to bed, I always put my feet and arms in ice-cold water. It really helps!! I also have a wet cloth ready to put on my forehead when necessary:) :cool: :)

This is a great suggestion - I've done this when I'm too hot. Your wrists and ankles are pulse points - so cooling them off helps cool off your entire body.

Other than that, if the AC is in the living room, then I'd recommend sleeping there. That's easy for me to say, our heat waves tend to last just a few days at a time. Otherwise, I'd consider moving the AC into the bedroom. That's what we did before we had a house with central air. I've found that I can take the heat as long as I know I can get a good night's sleep.

One final word of advice - never buy a car in November - you tend to forget about things like AC:eek:

Kfamr
06-17-2003, 12:48 PM
I couldn't live without AC, especially living in Florida.

slleipnir
06-17-2003, 12:50 PM
My dad has an AC for his room..lol...I have an old thing called a 'fan' ;) It gets really hot in mid summer, but then it cools down