PDA

View Full Version : ~*~*Where Do You See Yourself In 10 Years???~*~*

CattleDogMom
06-16-2003, 02:59 PM
All I know is the last 10 years have gone by so darned fast, I hardly got a chance to do anything!!! (but be pregnant, of course!!!)

I would hopefully be a Vet by then....probably specializing in Livestock, Marine Mammals, or Forest Wildlife. Or perhaps I'll be a Forest Ranger.

In 10 years, my boys will be 20 and 19. My daughter will be almost 17. Hopefully my husband and I can get to some of that traveling we have been dreaming about.

Crystal

Desert Arabian
06-16-2003, 03:08 PM
*Hopefully I will have a house near the LaCrosse/Mississippi River area. I am going to have a couple cats, yellow Labrador, a Great Dane, and one or two Quarter Horses.

*I am either going to be an Equine Vet assistant, DNR Warden, Fish and Game Warden, or running my dog boarding kennel I have dreamed about for quite some time.

*No kids, skin kids that is, all my children are going to be furry and fuzzy.

*As far as getting married/wedding. I want a western wedding on horseback, hopefully I will have my own horses by then. My dogs will be in my wedding also, one is going to be ring barrer the other one is going to be the flower dog.

Ahhhh....the power of dreaming! :) In 10 years I will be 26, oh is that scarry to think about!!! :D

ChloeLove
06-16-2003, 03:20 PM
In ten years, I will be 23. A lot can happen in ten years, and I could be married, and heck, I could even have kids. I know I want them, so...I dunno. ;)
But I really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to be a mid-wife when I grow up, so hopefully that is what I will be doing. (After college of course! ;) )

wolfsoul
06-16-2003, 03:21 PM
In ten years.....hmmm...lol

~I hope to live in a nice house out in Winfield (beautiful place, lots of farmland)
I'll have some land to have an animal shelter built.

~I'm going to have my catahoula leopard dog (Rex) and my german shepherd dog (Daystar).

~I'll have my rattery, and tons of little ratties! :D lol

~I'll be fostering dogs from the spca and I'll be rescuing small animals from there and petshops and adding them to my rescue :)

~ As for a wedding, I'm not too sure about getting married yet lol. It was something I always used to want, but I need someone that can accept that my animals and my job are my first priorities, and that I won't have alot of time because I'll be busy with the them. If I do get married, I want a huge potluck wedding where everyone brings their dogs lol. I always thought about having a wedding in an arranged place where everyone is comfortable and inviting all of the pet talkers ;) (I have a feeling I might be the kind of person that would marry for money.....hmmm...lol)

~Children are doubtful. I hate kids right now lol. I have 15 first cousins, and keep in mind that those are only FIRST cousins. I have plenty more where those came from :rolleyes: I know that my kids would be great, and all those other things kids tend to be, but I'm just not too sure at the moment. something hubby and I would have to decide on....

RICHARD
06-16-2003, 03:29 PM
TIM MCGRAW

"My Next Thirty Years"

I think I値l take a moment, celebrate my age
The ending of an era and the turning of a page
Now it痴 time to focus in on where I go from here
Lord have mercy on my next thirty years

Hey my next thirty years I知 gonna have some fun
Try to forget about all the crazy things I致e done
Maybe now I致e conquered all my adolescent fears
And I値l do it better in my next thirty years

My next thirty years I知 gonna settle all the scores
Cry a little less, laugh a little more
Find a world of happiness without the hate and fear
Figure out just what I知 doing here
In my next thirty years

Oh my next thirty years, I知 gonna watch my weight
Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late
Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers
Maybe I値l remember my next thirty years

My next thirty years will be the best years of my life
Raise a little family and hang out with my wife
Spend precious moments with the ones that I hold dear
Make up for lost time here ,In my next thirty years

In my next thirty years

CattleDogMom
06-16-2003, 03:29 PM
I forgot to add...

I will have a ranch or "land" of some sort. (This is a horrible thing to talk about) but my Grandparents have told me I will be getting a rather substantial inheritance from them, and to use it wisely, so I think I will use it for my land in a place called Twaine Harte. It's in the mountains.

I think all you youngins have great plans. Stick with them. I was a teen mom TWICE! By the time I was 19, I had 2 kids and married to my first husband. While it's not impossible, it has surely been a struggle!

I recommend waiting on the kids, even if you get married young. It's not so bad to make mistakes or even part ways when you don't have kids in the middle of it. We all make mistakes. Besids, it's nice to be married and just get to know eachother and get to do the things together that you want to do.

Crystal

jewelsmommy
06-16-2003, 03:34 PM
In ten years I hope to be rich and living on a farm with lots of animals. But I will probably still be in school.

bluekat
06-16-2003, 03:35 PM
Hmmm, there's so many things I would like to happen in the next 10 years.
*I would be 23 in 10 years, so I guess I'm out or almost out of university.
* I would have some cats and a dog(hopefully)
* I would love to live on a farm, and open a shelter
* I would like to be a vet, or work in an animal shelter
* I would also like a horse(if I live on a farm)
* married? No, I don't think so, maybe when I'm at least 25. I wouldn't like to have kids. I think they're too much work, and besides, I'll have too many animals to take care of instead:D Well, I hope a lot of animals.
* In the newspaper yesterday, I saw this gorgeous house that was 2.5 million dollars. It is on a farm, with a beautiful swimming pool, and it had 10 acres. It was perfect. I LOVE that house, that would be like my dream house. With 10 acres, I could do a lot of stuff there. But too expensive, so.......I guess I could marry a rich guy?:p LOL, that would be nice, but he's gotta love animals too.
*If I am rich;) , I wouldn't want to go to work. I'll open my own shelter, or maybe work in a shelter, just volunteer. and also, with the money, I would donate lots to animals:D

Yeah, like all that will come true! Yes, it is very nice to dream:D

RockyRoad
06-16-2003, 03:41 PM
I will be in college, not even close to graduating (I don't know what I want to study yet). I would work at a PetShop or shelter, and have a small apartment. I'd like to have a cat to keep me company.

I don't want to get married. I don't want to have kids. That won't change for me. Unless I find someone who is really great. Definetly not at 23 though.

My dream is to move down South. I would love to live in Alabama, Arkansas, North/ South Carolina, Florida, etc. :)

Tina
06-16-2003, 04:46 PM
In 10 years I'll be 32 my oldest daughter Kaitlynn will be 13 years old.:eek: And the baby we're expecting will hopefully be 10 years old.

I hope to be moved off this mountain by then and have more land so I can have some horses. I also dreamed of having a ranch house or a log cabin.

I'll probably have a few more animals. Hopefully we'll have some goats,chickens,few cows,more dogs,few more cats,and of course horses.

I hope by then to have myself a good job somewhere working with animals.

Hopefully I'll still be married also
:)

Desert Arabian
06-16-2003, 04:48 PM
FLS- What happened to your England & Alaska obsession. lol. You kept on saying you were moving to Alaska as soon as you were old enough. Then for a while it was England, I believe.

Rottieluver45
06-16-2003, 04:49 PM
Back in Arlington with the Love of my life,in a house, All of my animals and on PET TALK!! And I`m pretty sure I will have a job! :D

ChloeLove
06-16-2003, 05:25 PM
Hmm...kinda think I changed my mind. I'm not gonna be here in Connecticut, that's one thing that's for sure! Oh! Hopefully Australia. Love the way the land looks...it is just a very pretty place. (The accents don't hurt one bit either! ;) )

RockyRoad
06-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
FLS- What happened to your England & Alaska obsession. lol. You kept on saying you were moving to Alaska as soon as you were old enough. Then for a while it was England, I believe.

LOL

I still love Alaska. I get carried away with things though (as you may have noticed). :rolleyes:

As for England, I just love it's beauty (I have not been there, but have seen many pictures, heard stories, etc.). It would be a lovely vacation spot, and it surely is a beautiful place.

Both would be GREAT places to live, and I did want to live in both places. But as I got more mature and thought about things, I decided it was dumb of me to have such obsessions over things like my location. :rolleyes:
I hope I'm making sense, lol. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
06-16-2003, 05:44 PM
*HOPEFULLY* have a golden retriever, a german shepherd and a yellow lab. I am looking into showing dogs, and hope to be a vet...:)

KYS
06-16-2003, 07:38 PM
RETIRED!!! :D

cali
06-16-2003, 07:48 PM
ummm I will live on a farm or acerage(I am moving to one in 2 years lol) I would also like to have a shelter but mainly I will breed, border collies, and rescue them to of coarse, I can also foster dogs:) umm married? I dont think so, where would I find a guy that would love me, love all animals, allow me to have as many animals as I want and not be allergic to any animals lol, cuz if he gets an allergy to one of my pets it's HIM I will get ride of not the animal :p umm I would love to have a horse, and I will have a kennel, I am hoping wherever we move will have either an attached carport, and attached garage, I will turn that into a kenneling area, so I dont have to have a million crates!:p I dont know what I will do for a job, but I will breed gerbils, I love the little guys, lol and its th eonly animal I have bred before, so i know what I am doing, my mom will help me with the dogs, I only plane to breed once my mom has bred before so she can help me with that:D

carole
06-16-2003, 08:04 PM
Honestly i just hope to be alive and well.:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Hmm... 10 years...
Well, I'll be 24, and probably just coming out of college, or almost done. I hope to be a Vet, and then I will probably start out by living in a small apartment. (Well I don't want a small apartment, but yeah..) I'll have a cat maybe a dog, and will most likely be working a lot to get enough money for my whole ranch idea. my brother will be 18, just exiting high school. My nephew will be ten, almost to middle school.

Wow... Never thought about that lol

CattleDogMom
06-16-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by KYS

HOORAY FOR YOU!!!

MAY YOUR GOAL BE ACHIEVED!

Crystal

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 10:14 PM
I have no idea... I'll be 25 then.....Who knows!

CattleDogMom
06-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Wow...so many youngins with so much ahead of you!!!

(HEY! I'M TALKING TO YOU TEENAGERS!! PAY ATTENTION!!!)

Do you realize your life is like a blank canvas right now???

Sheesh, to have a second crack at that again.............

*sigh*

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by CattleDogMom

Do you realize your life is like a blank canvas right now???

Yup! I really want to be a photography or artist of some sort, living in the mountains of Tennesee or maybe Utah. A few acres of land to photograph with TONS of animals in my life, away from people lol. I doubt that's what it's going to be like but who knows!

CattleDogMom
06-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Well...will you be photographing wildlife?? I want a black and white of a grizzly in the wild. They are my favorites, besides wolves. But the grizzly.....if you photograph that I will buy one from you...then you will be a professional!!!

YAY!

Crystal

ILuvMyDaisy
06-16-2003, 10:38 PM
I'll be 31 in 10 years, so let's see...

Have my master's in education and be teaching elementary school

Have a house in the country with a wraparound porch on a big farm with horses, cows, sheep, llamas, ducks, pigs, dogs, and a donkey :)

With marriage, it depends. If some guy actually wants me (LOL), then I say 'yeah'. However, I want to be financially secure and ready to be starting a life with another person. If I'm not married by 31, then that's fine with me.

Overall, just being happy, healthy, and successful. My biggest goal in 10 years is just be satisfied with myself

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Well...will you be photographing wildlife?? I want a black and white of a grizzly in the wild. They are my favorites, besides wolves. But the grizzly.....if you photograph that I will buy one from you...then you will be a professional!!!

YAY!

Crystal

Hhehe yeah.. i love taking pictures of nature!

Rottieluver45
06-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by KYS

LOL :D

apcrs5122
06-17-2003, 01:05 PM
I've really gotten into this horse thing so in the near future we will probably have horses.......in 10 years, I don't know if I'll be living at home (:eek: ) or if I'll have moved out......let's see....I'll graduate high school when I'm 18 and I'm deffinatly planning on going to college looking to specialize in something that will get me a job working with animals.....maybe a large animal vet....who knows? It's kinda scary for me to think about 10 yrs. down the road......

CattleDogMom
06-17-2003, 01:30 PM
I just want you all to know you all have great goals and plans for the future. I hope you all will be blessed with good fortune and love, too.

Regards, Crystal

Desert Arabian
06-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Yup! I really want to be a photography or artist of some sort, living in the mountains of Tennesee or maybe Utah. A few acres of land to photograph with TONS of animals in my life, away from people lol. I doubt that's what it's going to be like but who knows!

Move to Gatlinburg, Tennessee...or in that area. It's the most beautiful place I have ever been to, along with Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.

Must go to The Great Smoky Mountains National Park...the views are breath taking. Where else can you go and see wild deer, turkey, and bear, along side the road in their natural habitat.

I have pictures, which I can PM to you, so you can see how beautiful it is. Lemme' know if you want to see them! :) :cool:

One things for sure, your photography business would be in full swing near the Smoky Mountains!!!

Kfamr
06-17-2003, 02:33 PM
OMG yes!! We went to Gatlinburg last year and i LOVED it... I have tons of photos i took. It's so pretty, and my cousin lives in the foothills. It's exactly where i want to move. It's so gorgeous there, even when it poured on us!

Desert Arabian
06-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
and my cousin lives in the foothills.

Jealous.

CattleDogMom
06-17-2003, 02:45 PM

Must go to The Great Smoky Mountains National Park...the views are breath taking. Where else can you go and see wild deer, turkey, and bear, along side the road in their natural habitat.

Just the other day, my mate and I were talking about traveling the US when the kids hit their teens and we can get out a bit more. I told him I heard the Smokey Mountains were beautiful and I wanted to see them!

Crystal

Kfamr
06-17-2003, 02:50 PM
Jealous.

Me too! He has a huge house and a huge yard too..... if i can find some of the pictures i'll show them to you.

CoolBabe22
06-17-2003, 04:18 PM
I will be 21!!I see my self as the biggest actress in HOLLYWOOD!! I will go ahead and thank all my fans for their support!!Thank ya ,thank ya,thank ya very much!;) WATCH OUT REESE BECAUSE I'M COMING THROUGH!! ;)

Pam
06-17-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by KYS

Me too KYS! :)

CoolBabe22
06-17-2003, 04:22 PM
:) Be sure to move to Paris,Tennessee(that is where I live!)iIt has sssssoooooooo much beaty to offer!Trust me.....I know!

CoolBabe22
06-17-2003, 04:30 PM
i would also like to be a vet----a lawyer----a photo dudet----a writer----i want to own a little country store----go to harvard---go to yale----go to collage----go to austrilia----go to NYC----Be on Tv! ----be a new dudet on news channel 5 in tn!----meet a lot of friends!----be a pro at dancing(hey i got da moves!;) )----have cats----have dogs----have birds---have hamsters----be a comdien like Mike Myers!---meet Mike Myers(I lllove him--hes my fav actor!) ----be in an AUstin Powers movie with him!----Meet Justin timberlake----Meet Britney Spears---be on Regis and Kelley----be the new host of survivor----be on survivor---meet Eaton that was on survivor----and a lot of other stuff-------------------------------------Like-------be a pro at soccer---be in the national cheerleding thing on espn!----be a cheerleder for HCHS and Inman Bulldogs and Grove!:cool: What else:confused: Hmm...i will post nother reply later with that!

RICHARD
06-17-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by CoolBabe22
i would also like to be a vet----a lawyer----a photo dudet----a writer----i want to own a little country store----go to harvard---go to yale----go to collage----go to austrilia----go to NYC----Be on Tv! ----be a new dudet on news channel 5 in tn!----meet a lot of friends!----be a pro at dancing(hey i got da moves!;) )----have cats----have dogs----have birds---have hamsters----be a comdien like Mike Myers!---meet Mike Myers(I lllove him--hes my fav actor!) ----be in an AUstin Powers movie with him!----Meet Justin timberlake----Meet Britney Spears---be on Regis and Kelley----be the new host of survivor----be on survivor---meet Eaton that was on survivor----and a lot of other stuff-------------------------------------Like-------be a pro at soccer---be in the national cheerleding thing on espn!----be a cheerleder for HCHS and Inman Bulldogs and Grove!:cool: What else:confused: Hmm...i will post nother reply later with that!

don't set your sights so low;)

what ever happened to ruler of the universe??

Nomilynn
06-17-2003, 05:28 PM
I have a hard time seeing myself next week, let alone in ten years!!! :eek: :p :D

In all seriousness.. I don't really know. I always thought I knew exactly what I wanted with my life, but now I don't. I know I will go back to school for something, but I don't know what. I know I want to get married, but I don't know when. I know I want to build my own house, but I don't know where. A couple of years ago, that would have terrified me. But now, I'm ok not knowing - I have lots of time to figure it out! :) (I'm only 22)

binka_nugget
06-17-2003, 07:05 PM
My dogs will be in my wedding also, one is going to be ring barrer the other one is going to be the flower dog.

Lol! I wanted to do that also! Hopefully, Kai will still be around so I can have him hold a basket in his mouth and carry down the ring. :D

-I'll be 25 then so I'd definately have completed the program at animal behavior college. It's basically a complete course on dog training as a career.

-I want to have a steady full time job (doesn't matter what it is) and also to have established a good client base for training.

-I'm not sure if it'll happen in 10 years but I plan to open a dog training centre and possibly teach agility also.

-As for kids, I'm not sure about that. I think kids are generally annoying, obnoxious and ignorant. Trust me, I know! I constantly think of how horrible I am to my mom and I just don't want to go through that.

-I'll definately have many furkids by then. I'll get my blue dumbo rattie from Wolfsoul. Along with ratties, I plan to be owned by at least one border collie. I want to show shelties but that probably won't happen within 10 years.

-I will most likely be in either Vancouver or (Victoria), Australia.

Fox-Gal
06-17-2003, 09:25 PM
10 years, WOW. This might sound a little bad but I hope to have less rescue animals, for one reason I pray their will be less animals to save. The other reason is selfish, because I get no help with the care of my 60+ animals, besides some Vet discounts, I would like to be able to splurge on me for a change.

Then I can build my log cabin I've always wanted and maybe be able to travel more. :D

Honestly it will never happen, who am I kidding, I just got done working with the local news station to rescue 10 peacocks from the city limits before the get killed. So 10 years, I'll be here taking in more and happy about it. :) :)

And of course in 10 years I'll be a old lady. I hope still in good health and my husband doesn't leave me for a younger woman. LOL

Christiansmommy
06-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Well, my son will be 12 in 10 years!! WOW!!! I hope to have a couple of Swissies (or other dogs)...and a bigger house :) I wouldnt mind volunteering at a shelter or raising one of my dogs to be a therapy dog to bring to nursing homes...that would be neat. Maybe i will have one more baby too...time will sure tell :)

CattleDogMom
06-17-2003, 09:44 PM
I wish you were close....I would take a Peacock....

Fox-Gal
06-18-2003, 09:36 PM
I wish you were close....I would take a Peacock....

LOL I give you 2 if you where closer also. That leave me 8, I still be peacock full. :D The are wonderful and it's something to look out your window and see them.......peacefull.