PDA

View Full Version : what kind of discipline do you givr your cat if he/she does something bad?

Lacy
06-16-2003, 03:25 AM
what kind of discipline do you give your cat if he/she does something bad?

PayItForward
06-16-2003, 03:26 AM
Time Out. I won't play with Brambl,e if she bites.

I don't think the other cats do anything wrong.

Barbara
06-16-2003, 03:29 AM
Nothing -my cats never do something bad. Ok, Siegmar gets scratches when he plays rough with Tigris and that is what happens... It isn't Tigris intention to be bad.

Of cause you can try to influence unwanted behavior (like using the watersquirter etc.) but it should be a training and not a discipline:)

IttyBittyKitty
06-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Pixel is a very bad kitty girl sometimes, so we do need to be firm with her. We usually yell "No!" loud enough to startle her and get her attention, and we also will stamp feet, clap hands or make another noise that is sharp enough to capture her attention. If necessary, we'll remove her from the room that she is in, or from the object she is destroying! We also use the waterbottle as a last resort as she just hates it!

K & L
06-16-2003, 09:06 AM
We use squirt bottles of water. Works with all of them except Parker who loves water.

catmandu
06-16-2003, 09:33 AM
The trick is to catch one of 14 cats in the act! Whenyou ask for example , who took the pork chop off the counter .or knocked over the phone , or peed on the floor , whoops , that was me! You get all the angelic looks and it was the other , the newest cat that did the Bad Thing! Very hardto catch the culprit red pawed!

jonza
06-16-2003, 09:47 AM
I just clap and hiss at Fister, but it doesn't make much difference. It used to work when he was a very shy, nervous little fellow, but now he just looks at me as if I was a bit retarded and wanders disdainfully away. :D :D

jenluckenbach
06-16-2003, 09:53 AM
:D

But either a squirt bottle or a "STOP THAT". and they stop.
only to do it again later :rolleyes:

lailamara
06-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Now that they are 1 1/2 years old and outgrown kitten stuff, we've been saying to each other that they are so well behaved. As a matter of fact I have had no interesting stories to post on pet talk except that they are angels. What kind of Abys have they grown up into ! This does not sound normal. I'll post one of these days if they do something out of the ordinary!:p

tomkatzid
06-16-2003, 12:04 PM
Kelcee is old, she never does anything bad. Really never has;)

RedHedd
06-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by jonza
... just looks at me as if I was a bit retarded and wanders disdainfully away. :D :D

LOL! I know that look so very well! They sure know how to put us in our proper place! :rolleyes: