PDA

View Full Version : what is everyone doing in the summer?

Gone Doggin'
06-15-2003, 08:22 PM
i got summer school :( the whole july
then i gotta help out with my church school for kids in august
i was planning to go to rome, oh wells maybe next summer

I'd like to see what everyone else is doing in the summer
(fun stuff i hope:D )

OOHH has anyone heard about the SPCA camp?????

ChloeLove
06-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Hmm, well, I am going to summer school (Thanks to my oh-so-lovely teacher...http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif)
Then, if I can somehow get out of it early or something, I have a camp (all girls, but oh well). We go to a farm every summer in Gilboa, New York which I love to go to because I LOVE the animals they have there. We also go to a state fair in Rutland, Vermont every year which is tons of fun. :)

Desert Arabian
06-15-2003, 08:29 PM
I am going to horse camp for 6 weeks. I leave June 22nd- next Sunday. Then when I get back my mom and I are going to Nebraska to the Nebraska State Fair.

Gone Doggin'
06-15-2003, 09:14 PM
oooo horse camp!! that must be expensive ;) , oooo and it could be my bday present, i should ask my mom about it

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Babysitting my new Nephew! Which, MAY I REMIND YOU... is due any day now!

CattleDogMom
06-15-2003, 09:36 PM
The kids just got out of school on friday. My middle boy, Morgan has to go to summer school, so he starts that tomorrow, and it goes for a month. That's not too bad. On June 25th, my mate, Eric, turns the big 3-0 so on the 28th we're having his party. It will also be sort of a going away party as he is being shipped off for about 5-6 months with the ARMY a week later. *tears up*

Then it will be just me and the kiddo's. My boys are older, so they are hardly ever home...then it's just the animals, myself and my daughter, Makenna.

My grandparents live a couple of miles away from us, and I am EXTREEMLY close with them, so I'm sure we will do alot. They also have a cabin in the mountains on a river, and near 2 lakes, so I will probably take the kids and dog up there alot too.

I also take the dog to the dog park, and work in my garden....
That's it for me, I think.

Crystal

Uabassoon
06-15-2003, 09:39 PM
I have no plans this summer other than work. Which is nice and relaxing for me because usually I have school and work.

RubyMutt
06-15-2003, 09:51 PM
I was planning on going back to school for summer quarter (since I took spring quarter off), but I am now working on transfering to a University & and looking for an apartment so I can move out, so I will not be going to go back to the community college this summer. So, other than working with DeVry (the U I'm trying to get into) and apartment hunting I'll mostly be working & hanging out with the pets & John (my bf).

Crikit
06-15-2003, 09:59 PM
Working and doing stuff with the dogs. Probably a trial or two and a seminar as well. Other then that what I usually do which is pretty much nothing.

GoldenRetrLuver
06-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Im going to be volunteering at an animal shelter! We might go up to Canada, because my family owns a cabin up there.:)

mugsy
06-15-2003, 10:47 PM
I will be helping Vicki at Cobb Care Humane Society. We will be working on getting a building to house the animals so they won't be at her house. I will be doing more transports. I may be teaching a summer school stint called Jumpstart for 2 weeks at the end of July.

ILuvMyDaisy
06-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Working, vacation in Branson (which I am definitely looking forward too!), and not thinking about student teaching in the fall (I am very nervous about it!)

All Creatures Great And Small
06-16-2003, 12:11 AM
Same as every other summer, pretty much - working 40 hours a week at my horrible job, which gets worse in the summer because I am in the "seasonal" department. I have to take care of getting rid of all the lawn and patio stuff so we can bring in the SCHOOL SUPPLIES on the 7th of July!

When I'm not at my horrible job, I'll be at home enjoying EXTREME peace and quiet in the house with my daughter away at camp for 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Gosh, I might even get a chance to post on Pet Talk! :rolleyes:

neko1
06-16-2003, 05:27 AM
Getting married, honeymooning in St. Lucia, then the rest of the summer is filled with working.

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-16-2003, 05:36 AM
My contract ends this week. Friday. Andrew and I are going on a 2 week road trip next weekend to visit relatives and friends before we go to Germany for three years in October. We return on July 7th. Pack up and move! We are going to Sierra Vista, AZ for 9 weeks. Another road trip (with Draker this time). Planning on doing some rock climbing and camping. I hope to find a job when I get there. And before you know it, my summer will be over :)

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 05:37 AM
Drake is coming with you to Germany, right?

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-16-2003, 05:41 AM
Of course. Drake goes everywhere with us. It's a package deal :D
He won't be going on our road trip next weekend because we thought 2 very long drives might not go too well with him. Plus, he may not get along with some of the dogs we will be visiting on route :)

KRISTEN14
06-16-2003, 06:10 AM
I'm off to orchestra camp today! And the I have school the rest of the summer:(

iceyshiver21
06-16-2003, 06:46 AM
Wow some of us have summer school?!?! Glad I'm not one of them...although I ALMOST was. I almost failed English. It is the toughest class in my school. The grading scale bites!! (75% is a D-) And heres the Letter she sent home with us the last day...

English News

Dear Parent/Guardian

It was a pleasure having your child in class. I regret the semester is over. Please commend your child on their dedication and work this semester in class. I am very demanding and have high expectations. In eighteen weeks students went above and beyond their own expectations. They completed:
1. Over 100 Grammer Assignments
2. more than 5 writing assignments
3. a research paper
4. read 5 large novels
5. read over 10 short stories
7. wrote and read poetry
8. other class room activities
Im very proud of them all
Thanks! Have a Great Summer!!

Sincerley,

Mrs. B

For the summer there is no resting
Mondays-Softball
Tuesday-Help teach at Dog Training/Circle Star Saddle Club Meetings
Wednesday-Badmitten and Open Riding at the Fair Grounds
Thursday-4-H
Friday-Open Gym
Saturday-Rideing and Dog Training
Sunday-Walk in park with Annie (my pooch)

Chinadoll
06-16-2003, 10:28 AM
Working summer, fall, winter, and spring :p But that's ok, I may not have summer vacation from school anymore but I don't have school either! I hated working and going to school at the same time.

Should be closing on my condo on June 27th *knocks on wood, fingers crossed etc..* As long as closing goes as I planned, I'll be moving that entire weekend.

My friends and I may plan a tubing trip or a a few days in Florida for July 4th.

Hopefully, Joey will be back from Iraq for Labor Day...somehow I doubt it, but he thinks it may happen. If that happens, I'm making reservations at a nice resort somwhere between here and Florida so we can get away for few days and spend some time together just the two of us.

Chinadoll
06-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by lut
Our plan WAS to come to the USA, make a long trip, and meet a few PT-ers...:(
Now, with the operation I had, we will have to change our plans....:eek: :( No long car rides nor airplanes for me now...:( :(

I am soooo disapointed:(

Awww, Lut. I'm sure you'll make the trip you want when you can. We're just glad you're ok.

Tina
06-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Not much. Just spend time with my 3 year old daughter and plus keeping up with house work. Probably start getting stuff ready for our new baby.

We may go to a friend of our's and visit with them and their horses. I miss going out there since I sold my horse.:( We may go to the pool a couple times.

Rob gets a vacation week in July but we probably won't go anywhere. I may be doggie sitting my mom and dad's two dogs for them. Go to the state fair here probably a couple times that will be in August.

We will also take the dogs to the river a couple times so they can play in the water. I think that is about it.

lovemyshiba
06-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Taking the dogs swimming, hiking, and anywhere else we can!!! I really want to do a lot with them this summer, especially with us all being inside for so long with the long winter we had:eek:
My husband and I will be working, but we're probably going to take a vacation towards the end of summer--just waiting for my fence to be installed so that dog watching isn't such a tough job for someone to do for us!!!
Working on our house, visiting family, cooking out, and just enjoying the summer!!

Cincy'sMom
06-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Keeping busy, as usual. This week is our dance show, and then we have a week off before we start Tuesday night rehearsals getting ready for our trip to Disney World. I am also playing softball two nights a week, doing Therapy visits with Cincy, trips to the Dog Parks, and I'd like to get Sadie & /or Spot into another training class...and still working full time. Typical :)