PDA

View Full Version : Owen and the new ball

babolaypo65
06-15-2003, 06:28 PM
I was at a friends last week and brought Owen. He found a kid's basketball and just loved it (keep in mind he's a scotty, so the basketball is HUGE for him). He pushed that thing around all afternoon. He loved it. At one point we tried playing "fetch" with him, but the basketball bonked him on the nose and he got scared. Anyway, I was at walmart this afternoon and passed one of those big displays with all the balls. I picked a 4 square ball. Tossed it at my nose (yes, in the store) to see if it would hurt. Tried grabbing it to see if he'd be able to pop it. Bought it brought it home. Tossed it out into the yard, and then went inside to put the milk away. POP. It lasted about a minute. But owen kept pushing it around, and then Yapping at it (he doesn't yap. ever) mad that it wouldn't roll! It just sat there! Boy was he upset. Eventually he picked it up and beat it up a bit, shaking it back and forth. Oh well, there was a 5 dollar/1 minute experiment! Guess I'll head back to walmart and buy the basketball!
Wish I'd had my digital camera with me.

Cinder & Smoke
06-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
***POP!*** :mad:

...mad that it wouldn't roll! It just sat there!

Oh well, there was a 5 dollar/1 minute experiment! Guess I'll head back to walmart and buy the basketball!

Hey Bab ~

Take the deflated, 5 Dollar Wonder back with you...

A few words at the Service Counter,
and I'll bet Wally gives you a refund!
They're pretty Good about those things!

Karen
06-15-2003, 09:35 PM
We used to buy the "bouncy balls" - you know, the big, 10-inch or so ones for kids, but our St. Bernard of that time, Freckles, would be sooo joyful when playing with them, but so totally dejected when she (inevitably) popped them! She would be startled by the noise, but then try and nose it, flip it with her nose or paw, but it was "dead," and she'd be so so so sad, we stopped buying them even for ourselves!

Airedalekisses
06-15-2003, 09:40 PM
I'll bet Owen would love a giggly wiggly ball-it's soft and makes a weird noise when it rolls-kinda like a laughing hyena and a duck combined. All of the terriers I know adore them!! another bouncy ball that doesn't hurt doggies' noses and is almost bite proof is a hippity hop ball-it has a handle for carrying-my two wire fox terriers used to carry them around for days and sling them to play fetch.

babolaypo65
06-18-2003, 06:31 PM
oooh! Thanks for the fabulous replacement suggestions. :D

puppygrrl4eva7
06-20-2003, 12:35 PM
i also had a bouncey ball for ringo he was scared of it at first but then he loved it! It never popped but my brother(who is eaisly amused) also took interest int the ball and threw it up in a tree it's been stuck there since.:rolleyes:

cloverfdx
06-23-2003, 09:04 AM
lol owen too funny:D

we have had simalar experiences as well, childrens balls dont last too long with clover (rotti x) but she finds them fun even when flat and lifless lol

also i got her an action ball for xmas, it is a basketball with two rope's on either side (pic)

babolaypo65
06-23-2003, 09:54 AM
What a great looking ball!! I think in the end I'll get two: one a plain ole soccer ball for his dribbling fantasies, and the second one of those! Or the bouncy ball...