PDA

View Full Version : How can anyone call THIS kitten ugly!?

Kirsten
06-15-2003, 04:32 PM
Here's the little girl (at least I hope it's a girl) I'm planning to get as a little sister for Luna, and she's the kitten my mother and her fiancé have called ugly and unfriendly the other day.

Well, I visited her today and played with her, and she was in NO WAY unfriendly or even ugly!

This was her today, three weeks and two days old:

http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily6.jpg http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily7.jpg http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily9.jpg http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily8.jpg

Kirsten

aly
06-15-2003, 04:38 PM
No way!!! She's adorable and I'm sure she's as sweet as she looks!!

Randi
06-15-2003, 04:41 PM
She is absolutely adorable - and in NO WAY ugly! :mad: I feel sorry for people who would make such a statement, they must have a proplem. :(

I can't help thinking how she'll miss her sibling - and mom. How old will she be when you get her? Hopefully 12 weeks! I bet you can hardly wait. :)

Looking so much forward to seeing her grow up - so lots of pice please! :D

Kirsten
06-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Yes, she's supposed to stay with her mom and her little brother till she's 12 weeks old.

And yes, it's hard to wait, but I can visit her as much as I like.

Kirsten

L. Wayne
06-15-2003, 04:59 PM
I believe to our way of thinking, there is no such thing as an ugly Kitten. BTW, what do they expect a kitten should look and act like? She is perfectly adorable as she is. Also, I suspect that the cat, even at this early age, can discern who will love her and who cannot, hence, the mistrust .;)

While I was scrolling down the kitten's pix, Midnight started pawing under the monitor to see where the kitten went. Then, immediately after he left, Callie began to paw at the pictures, wondering where all the cats are.:D

Cataholic
06-15-2003, 05:00 PM
Kirsten,
Surely those people were either blind, or in need of some corrective lenses...she is adorable!

jenluckenbach
06-15-2003, 05:06 PM
BLIND !!! that's it, they must be BLIND !!!!!!!!!

ChrisH
06-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Oh, Kirsten, she is gorgeous!:) Not an ugly face, not an unfriendly face, no indeed! A lovely, adorable and sweet face? Yes, indeed!:)

moosmom
06-15-2003, 05:24 PM
Whoever said she was ugly is either blind, stupid or BOTH!!!

Uabassoon
06-15-2003, 05:31 PM
She is such a cutie! She's not ugly at all, I think she is such a cute little girl. I can't wait to see more pictures of her.

lailamara
06-15-2003, 05:32 PM
http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lily8.jpg

She (they both)are gorgeous. As a matter of fact her markings look like the ticking of an aby. I guess she will grow into her tabby stripes as she gets older.
Maybe your mother and her fiance like to upset you because they know they can. Friends of my dad used to do this to me because they liked to get me to react. I don't give them the pleasure of getting a reaction anymore. I just make a joke and walk away.

ScantyNebula
06-15-2003, 07:32 PM
AHHH that is PRECIOUS!!! I don't think its possible for ANY cat to be ugly! She is so beatiful, she will grow to be a beautiful cat, you can just tell ;)

angelkitty023
06-15-2003, 09:37 PM
CUTE-A-RAMA !!!!!!

the black 1 looks like clarise

Karen
06-15-2003, 09:41 PM
A person with no heart could call her ugly, an unkind soul could, too. No one with a heart, or who had ever loved a cat or played iwth a kitten, or indeed, had had any furry footprints left on their heart could call her ugly.

Misguided, they are.
Ugly, she's not.

In fact she's as lovely as their hearts are unlovely. So there.

Lovely Lovely girl, and sibling, too! How does Luna feel about impending big-sisterhood?

IttyBittyKitty
06-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Karen
A person with no heart could call her ugly, an unkind soul could, too. No one with a heart, or who had ever loved a cat or played iwth a kitten, or indeed, had had any furry footprints left on their heart could call her ugly.

Misguided, they are.
Ugly, she's not.

In fact she's as lovely as their hearts are unlovely. So there.

Lovely Lovely girl, and sibling, too! How does Luna feel about impending big-sisterhood?

Nicely put Karen!!!

At the risk of sounding nasty, t'is not that adorable kitty they were looking at, but a mirror! :D

Airedalekisses
06-15-2003, 09:52 PM
I'm not really a cat person-got badly scratched and bitten as a child-I forgave the cat! But how can anyone call an animal ugly? I'm also an artist and I drew a warthog that won best in show-so no animal is ever ugly! what's the old adage- beauty is in the eye of the beholder-well the people who said the kitty is ugly must be heartless and blind and jealous -maybe the kitty is going to get more attention than they will. just the opinion of an old terrier lover!! and I'm sure everyone else on this site!!

rosethecopycat
06-15-2003, 10:03 PM
Dear Kirsten,

How many times will you look at this beautiful kitten and think of his comment?
I hope you can dismiss it and let it go.
I wouldn't want you to think of this when you look in her eyes.

:(

krazyaboutkatz
06-16-2003, 01:06 AM
Both kittens are adorable. :D I've never seen an ugly cat yet. I don't think that they exist. I can't wait until you finally adopt her. I'm sure she's a sweetheart too. :)

Barbara
06-16-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
Nicely put Karen!!!

At the risk of sounding nasty, t'is not that adorable kitty they were looking at, but a mirror! :D

:D :D :D

There is no such thing as an ugly kitten -baby animals all are designed to melt our hearts (even little crocodiles do as far as I'm concerned) -so it must be a fault in the heart of these people:D

Lily and her sibling look soooo cute:)

catmandu
06-16-2003, 09:55 AM
As my Dear Mother used to say , Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! And I agree with my friend Jen that anyone who calls this Cat ugly is Blind. And I wish that they would heed the words that if you have nothing nice to say , dont say anything at all! people today have little disgression , thy think thatthe world has to hear everything that they have to say! Feh! As Major Hoople was wont to say!

Edwina's Secretary
06-16-2003, 10:12 AM
Perhaps because she is a solemn looking kitty they mistook that for unfriendly. What she is doing is looking deep into your soul with the wisdom that is passed down -- cat to cat -- through the ages! And SHE knows a good soul when she see one!

Tina
06-16-2003, 11:54 AM
She is so adorable!!!

RedHedd
06-16-2003, 02:09 PM
OMG! That's the cutest little (cat) doll face I've ever seen! Those people must be blind! :mad:

Kirsten
06-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Ahhh, I wish my mom and her bf would understand some English, so I could show them all your comments here!!! :)

The problem with my mother is that she's absolutely in love with Luna, she seems to think she was the most adorable kitten ever (and yes, Luna had the cutest baby face indeed! :)), I hope when she meets Lily in person, she will like her (I hope this kitten is really going to be Luna's little playmate, 'cause I'm still not 100% sure if she's a girl).

How many times will you look at this beautiful kitten and think of his comment?

THAT is a very good point, Rose! You're right, I should try to get that comment out of my head, it wouldn't be fair to refer to that kitty as "the one they called ugly" 'cause she isn't.

Edwina's Secretary, that's an interesting theory. She really looks as if she's having a certain knowledge... cats are indeed fascinating creatures!

Kirsten

NoahsMommy
06-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Gorgeous!!! She does look like she has the aby ticking in her coat. Do you know what type of cat she is? I can't wait till she gets to come home with you! :)

Lorraine
06-16-2003, 07:57 PM
That sweet baby is just beautiful!:)

misery loves company, and sometimes people get annoyed when others are happy! (Why? I have no idea, but people act weird at times!)
That was a rotten thing to say, all of God's creatures have beauty, and that little angel has exceptional beauty!!:D :D

Kirsten
06-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Do you know what type of cat she is?

I have no idea! Her mother looks like a "normal" tabby, she resembles Luna, only that she's smaller and her markings are not as dark as Luna's. But like Luna, she has a lot of orange in her fur. I have no idea who Lily's daddy is, but I know the mommy was dating two black cats!

Kirsten