PDA

View Full Version : New Pet

LovinAgro
06-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Hi,
I just bought a baby Savannah Monitor lizard. I am just curious to see how everyone else who has had one would rate them and how they found it best to keep them. Like I said he is a baby right now so he is in a 20 gallon long tank with a heat pad and heat lamp along with a water dish ig enough for him to lay in but pretty shallow. I also have a few little logs in there for him to hide in and climb on. I'm keeping his diet right now on dusted crickets. This is what the man who sold him to me said to do. I also know that sometimes what they say doesn't always prove to be correct fully. Well thanks for the help anyone has to offer.

aly
06-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Sorry I can't offer any advice on lizards but I do want to say WELCOME TO PET TALK :D

babolaypo65
06-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Welcome! I don't know anything about lizards either, but I'm sure someone does!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

I don't know anything about Savannah Monitor Lizards, but I have a Tokay Gecko. He also eats dusted crickets... well he used to. Now, since we've found out he's old enough to not have them dusted, we just give them to him "gut loaded."

I'd love to see pics of your lizard! :) :D

GoldenRetrLuver
06-15-2003, 03:57 PM
WELCOM TO PET TALK! I have 2 dogs, there in my signature, 2 cats, and 6 desert totoises. I really dont know much about lizards!

Gone Doggin'
06-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Welcome to PT! glad to have u here:D , i have a golden retreiver and a lot of goldfishies hehe

p.s. i wanna see some pics of ur lizard

Desert Arabian
06-15-2003, 05:13 PM
Sorry I can't offer you any advice. I would love to see pictures too, I love Savanna Monitors! They are so beautiful!

I am owned by 9 rats (Nugget, Sweet Pea, Peanut, Oscar, Fred, Suzie, Chloe, Daisy, & Violette) and 2 cats (Dudley & Sammy). Welcome to Pet Talk!!

LovinAgro
06-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Here is a picture of my baby monitor, sorry I don't have the best web cam. Other pet pictures of mine are in my homepage in my profile.

Gone Doggin'
06-15-2003, 06:07 PM
aww he's so cute, i wish i could see him up close - that'd be cool

Gone Doggin'
06-15-2003, 06:11 PM
ooo u have an anaconda, cool!!:D lol i used to have a family of gardner snakes

ooo ur shit tzu, Romeo is a cutie :p