PDA

View Full Version : Wuts wrong wit dat?

NYCbabi 13002
06-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Ok, I have blonde hair and black colored tips. I walk round in stylish clothes so what. People mistake as Christina Aguilera call me a poser, just cuz I like the look. Yea I have my nose pierced. I don;t get it, why are u a poser if u like the look of someone. Sometimes I actually feel flattered as being mistakened as a star! but yea...:mad: whatever:rolleyes:

GoldenRetrLuver
06-15-2003, 11:44 AM
:confused:

binka_nugget
06-15-2003, 01:14 PM
yea...people should see past the image and focus on the person..ESPECIALLY if they're going to criticise the person. People aren't perfect..we've just got to deal with it.

shais_mom
06-15-2003, 03:10 PM
personally I don't care what you look like, more power to you but have you ever heard of proper grammar?
You post is incredibly hard to read.

Desert Arabian
06-15-2003, 03:52 PM
OMG- I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!

I have brown hair, which is matted at the bottom, and hay mixed in it. I wear torn overalls, with a handkerchief in the pocket, and a big straw hat, and wheat hangin' from my mouth. I mean come on that is the style...and people say I look like a hick? WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!!! Grr...I hate it.

:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Cataholic
06-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by NYCbabi 13002
Ok, I have blonde hair and black colored tips. I walk round in stylish clothes so what. People mistake as Christina Aguilera call me a poser, just cuz I like the look. Yea I have my nose pierced. I don;t get it, why are u a poser if u like the look of someone. Sometimes I actually feel flattered as being mistakened as a star! but yea...:mad: whatever:rolleyes:

I think most of us over the age of 25 have come to grips with this sort of thinking. The world does judge you by the way you look. If I am walking past you on the street, I don't really have an opportunity to 'get to know you'. If I see you hanging out with my friend's kids, I am going to judge you based on the way you look. Does that mean you are or are not a good person inside? No, probably not. But, I am going to judge you by looks, at first. I think when we walk around saying, "I don't care what I look like, but, I want YOU to like me despite what I look like" you are sending a mixed signal. The saying, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck.

shais_mom
06-15-2003, 03:55 PM
LMAO Jo!

NYCbabi 13002
06-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
personally I don't care what you look like, more power to you but have you ever heard of proper grammar?
sorry:rolleyes: When I am on the internet I don't care about my grammar...I only use proper grammar at school.

They also mistake me of looking younger than I am...I am 19 in college, They think I am 16 and in high school grr its annoying.

But yea, Its different tho, b/c when u walk the streets of NYC people are used to stars walking around, cameras, and stuff. But almost every week I get mistaken as some star, most of the time it is Christina Aguilera. What ever, just had to get it out. Its gettin' old, wish they'd stop. maybe i should move...naww i love it in the city...for now at least. When I get old I wunna move to florida lol.
:rolleyes:
"The saying, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck."
lol yea...:p

Desert Arabian
06-15-2003, 04:44 PM
sorry:rolleyes: When I am on the internet I don't care about my grammar...I only use proper grammar at school.

They also mistake me of looking younger than I am...I am 19 in college, They think I am 16 and in high school grr its annoying.

Woah, you are 19. :rolleyes: I thought you were 12/13...after all your posts appear as if you were that age...just goes to show that grammar does effect who/what people think you are.
:o

shais_mom
06-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Woah, you are 19. :rolleyes: I thought you were 12/13...after all your posts appear as if you were that age...just goes to show that grammar does effect who/what people think you are.

I did too , I would have never ever thought NYC..... was 19.

NYCbabi 13002
06-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
here I re wrote it for peeps that couldn't read it:

Ok, I have blonde hair with black tips. I wear 'stylish' clothes. I have my nose pierced.

When I walk the streets with Maggie, friends, or...alone, People just walk up to me and tell me that they almost mistaken me as Christina Aguilera or some other star (but mostly her).

Some people walk by and call me a poser, because I look like her. I am not trying to look like her. I just like the looks, so I colored my hair that way. And I have had my nosed pierced for ever so yeah.

Sometimes I am flattered to be mistaken as a star, but after a while it gets stale, really stale...and very annoying.

So yeah, if anyone feels the same way, come one holla, cuz i know how it feels :rolleyes:

NYCbabi 13002
06-15-2003, 04:56 PM
I know, I don't do all that well in school ( I should have taken those classes to prepare you for college :rolleyes: ). Don't make fun of me b/c I'm special ;) :D :rolleyes:

NYCbabi 13002
06-15-2003, 05:00 PM
lol, i'm just another blonde ;)

shais_mom
06-15-2003, 05:12 PM
I know, I don't do all that well in school ( I should have taken those classes to prepare you for college :rolleyes: ). Don't make fun of me b/c I'm special ;) :D :rolleyes:
I don't think I made fun of you, If you think I did, I am sorry.
I just said I didn't think you were as old as you are, but now that you retyped it to make sense, I get it! :)

NYCbabi 13002
06-15-2003, 05:21 PM

Well, you are probably much older(not that much older, but...) and wiser than I am. I am only 19. You should feel greatful that you are smarter than someone. ;) I am a stupid blonde that doesn't know much about the world yet, I have plenty of time to change that, so leave me alone...lol :)
p.s. I am glad I am not 12/13, my life was living hell. I had glasses and braces and had 1 friend. Look at me now, I have contacts and no more braces. I have many friends and some of them are from high school :) ANYWAY............
"I don't think I made fun of you, If you think I did, I am sorry.
I just said I didn't think you were as old as you are, but now that you retyped it to make sense, I get it! "
Ok, thank you. lol:p Im really dumb:rolleyes: Its natural lol.

Kfamr
06-15-2003, 06:26 PM
<--- Still having a hard time believing her age.

Desert Arabian
06-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Kfamr- you wacked the nail square on the head. That's why I put rolleyes eyes after 19 in my last post. I mean, come on!!!! I just didn't want to say anything!

Kfamr
06-15-2003, 06:43 PM
I'm sure your daddy is 19, right? :p :D

Desert Arabian
06-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I'm sure your daddy is 19, right? :p :D
Why yes he is!!! I mean come on, he looks so youthful!! :D ;) :rolleyes: :p

Kfamr
06-15-2003, 11:49 PM
So, which Christina do you look like?

With make up:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pf190fdde268c71ad57515eebadc67ceb/fbea8b63.jpg
Or
Without Make up:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p8df9849dadb5a230ed3a63f86726bb52/fbea8b5f.jpg
:confused:

Uabassoon
06-15-2003, 11:51 PM
LOL she looks like a drag queen in that first one!

aly
06-16-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
LOL she looks like a drag queen in that first one!

Funny, thats what Christina said about Kelly Osbourne during their feud, hehe. Or did Kelly say that about Christina? Oh, who cares anyway :)

Crikit
06-16-2003, 12:02 AM
A drag queen? I think she looks more Dee Snider when Twisted sister was around. Really what the heck went through her head to go from sweet innocent Christina to well...uh can't really put it nicely so I won't say it.

Uabassoon
06-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Aly I found what you were talking about.. here's the quote. The "Bleeps" mean there was a bad word, this is what Kelly Osborne has to say.

"[Christina Aguilera]'s one of the most disgusting human beings in the entire world. She's despicable for so many reasons. She has an amazing voice, undeniably, but that doesn't change the fact she's one of the world's biggest 'bleeps"...She looks like a "bleeping" drag queen. I've seen drag queens who look better."

wolf_Q
06-16-2003, 12:59 AM

Some people walk by and call me a poser, because I look like her. I am not trying to look like her. I just like the looks, so I colored my hair that way. And I have had my nosed pierced for ever so yeah.

Ok, so you LIKE her looks, color your hair like hers and dress like her.....yet you are NOT trying to look like her.....ummm....:rolleyes:

I think you like the attention, and sorry but you're not going to get any pity from me. Awww people keep mistaking you for a star.....how tragic and upsetting.....boo frickin hoo.... :rolleyes:

popcornbird
06-16-2003, 01:04 AM
You're 19?!?! :eek:

Wow. For some reason, I always thought you were 13. :o

Desert Arabian
06-16-2003, 01:10 AM
PCB, I think everyone thinks that. I think we are all correct too! We all think that for a good reason! ;) :rolleyes: :o

joycenalex
06-16-2003, 07:48 AM
nycbabi, if you're happy with the way you look, why do you care what other people think? if they tell you you look like that celebrity, say thank you and walk on, their preception is not your issue. and, if you tell yourself and other people you're dumb, you and the others will believe your own statements, love yourself enough to acknowledge your specialness. i am not a rocket scientist, never will be and so what for that. regards, joyce

NYCbabi 13002
06-16-2003, 03:43 PM
k...think what U want to think, I have pictures(well, one picture lol) of me...from last year. If you really want me to prove it I will.
geez sometimes(like now) you ppl are really pmo, you don't believe a word I say. You don't comprehend anything I say. Why should I bother coming here. I came here to show off my pets and help people with their pet related problems. I am a 1st year vet, don't know much but I give it my best shot. If don't believe me and can't accept who I really am don't talk to me at all. Ok? Its better that way. Thank your time. :rolleyes:
Your 19yr old vet that lives in NYC(it da troot aiight),
Heather...have a nice day :)
P.S. im not trying to po you, jus making my point that u dumb ppl will never get across.:rolleyes:
wutever...this is not the topic so go on. If this is all we're going to do I am going to close this thread.
All I wanted to do is see if anyone had the same problem not that it matters, but I get BORED alot too! I see tons of threads that don't have anything to do with animals...much like this one!! Yes, thats all I have to say for now, ByE! :)

catland
06-16-2003, 04:03 PM
This thread is way too funny. When I first saw the title, "Wuts wrong wit dat?", I thought it was a thread started by that furry PetTalk duo, Cinder & Smokey.

Flashback time - in the eighties, these people were known as the "Maddona-wanna-bees"

(as I'm listening to my Police CD here at work.:D )

shais_mom
06-16-2003, 05:05 PM
First off what is PMO??
AND I personally don't appreciate being called 'u dum people', thank you very much. And if you are a vet student, you should really start making an effort on your language skills or you will never get anywhere in your profession or any profession for that matter. You will come across as you do here, an immature, dumb child.

Uabassoon
06-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Catland I just wanted to let you know that I LOVE the police! You have excellent taste in music.

I am a 1st year vet,
our 19yr old vet that lives in NYC(it da troot aiight),

Don't you mean vet student? There is a pretty big difference (like 8 years of school). I'm not saying that I don't belive you or that you don't know about animals. But a vet student and an actual vet are two very different things.

I'm also in agreement with shais_mom. I wouldn't want to go to vet that writes notes like "U kat is sik" I personally would be scared and appalled with any vet school that would allow a person to graduate that can't write properly.

Rottieluver45
06-16-2003, 05:19 PM
Just be you and it really doesn`t matter what other people think of you as long as you`re happy w/yourself!

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 05:21 PM

P.S. im not trying to po you, jus making my point that u dumb ppl will never get across.:rolleyes:

You're not trying to piss us off, YET you're calling us "dumb". I'm sorry but, you're the one coming off as dumb. 'N dat iz TROO.

shais_mom
06-16-2003, 06:13 PM

I'm also in agreement with shais_mom. I wouldn't want to go to vet that writes notes like "U kat is sik" I personally would be scared and appalled with any vet school that would allow a person to graduate that can't write properly.

Actaully, Laura, I bet it would be.
"U Kat is sik, aiiiiight??!!"
(it da troot aiight), lol We must tik kare of it!

wolfsoul
06-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Whenever I straighten my hair, people tell me that I look like Avril Levigne. But I LOVE to soak up the attention! :D lol. When my hair is just normal, curly/wavy, I look all BLAH and I just look like myself :( :rolleyes: But I can't straighten my hair EVERY day, so what can ya do? :p

Personally I find some of the comments on here a bit rude...I just mean that if I was nineteen, and people were telling me that they thought I was ALOT younger, I would be very hurt....I think that calling everyone "dumb" was just a retort for what was said about her age. It IS the doghouse, but I think that we should have some respect for other people. I'm not trying to offend anyone or make anyone angry, so please don't take my words for flames, I'm just saying that maybe if you didn't hurt her pride by saying she acted like a child, than maybe she wouldn't call you dumb and IN TURN, act like a child. :) Let's remember the saying, if you don't have anything nie to say, don't say anything at all, and just pass through the thread without replying ;)

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Whenever I straighten my hair, people tell me that I look like Avril Levigne.

Which Avril?:D
http://www.hereinreality.com/makeup/avrilwithout.jpg

wolfsoul
06-16-2003, 07:02 PM
OH GAWD! Let's hope it's not the second one ;)

Desert Arabian
06-16-2003, 07:06 PM
The second, non-makeup picture is not even Avril. Look at the nose....unless Avril got punched in her nose and her nose shrunk and balooned. The second persons face is rounder than Avril.

It's pretty obvious.

wolf_Q
06-16-2003, 07:11 PM
I'm 19. To my knowledge nobody has ever mistaken me for being a 13 year old. Hmm....weird....:rolleyes:

For the record, I'm with shais_mom and Uabassoon....the day my vet said "Wuts wrong wit yer dawg?" would be the day I found a new vet.

Kfamr
06-16-2003, 07:54 PM
The second, non-makeup picture is not even Avril. Look at the nose....unless Avril got punched in her nose and her nose shrunk and balooned. The second persons face is rounder than Avril.

It's pretty obvious.

LOl.... the first one IS with make up, and i'm pretty sure it's on alot of avril sites as well as the second, which is without make up.

lovemyshiba
06-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

For the record, I'm with shais_mom and Uabassoon....the day my vet said "Wuts wrong wit yer dawg?" would be the day I found a new vet.

I agree, but it might sound kinda KEWL :) :) :)

Crikit
06-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
I agree, but it might sound kinda KEWL :) :) :)

It'd also be freaky. I know I'd personally would then be waiting with baited breath for the inevitable "your mom" joke.

primabella
06-17-2003, 08:57 AM
http://www.hereinreality.com/makeup/avrilwithout.jpg

lol you like finding those pics, huh? :D

I'm sorry but any 19 year old who is going into medecine *seriously* should have already done well enough in English to sound like a human being. And your purposly making yourself sound worse by talking like dis, aiight? because your just asking for more criticism. If you like yourself how you are, congratulations, there's nothing much more to be said. If you truly are this 19 year old vet student, then congratulations once again. We can only judge you how you present yourself.

"your mom"
That's yo momma ;) I've heard enough of those jokes in class, whoo boy :rolleyes:

Crikit
06-17-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by primabella
That's yo momma ;) I've heard enough of those jokes in class, whoo boy :rolleyes:

Yes I know of the Yo momma jokes but some guys I know are also very fond of saying your mom when they don't have any better comebacks.

primabella
06-17-2003, 10:07 AM
lol true. It's like it just ends it off. :p

Kfamr
06-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by primabella
lol you like finding those pics, huh? :D

Yes because they're hilarious... Especially when guys are all like "Ohhh Christina is so hot" Or "ohhh Avril is so hot" .. In reality... They're BUSTED!

aly
06-17-2003, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't want to go to vet that writes notes like "U kat is sik"

OMG!!!!!!! Cant...............stop......................laugh ing!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm not making fun of you NYC... that was just really funny what she said)

Kfamr
06-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Aly.... you don't want me to let some of your secrets out, do you????

[JUST KIDDING!]

NYCbabi 13002
06-17-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Whenever I straighten my hair, people tell me that I look like Avril Levigne. But I LOVE to soak up the attention! :D lol. When my hair is just normal, curly/wavy, I look all BLAH and I just look like myself :( :rolleyes: But I can't straighten my hair EVERY day, so what can ya do? :p

Personally I find some of the comments on here a bit rude...I just mean that if I was nineteen, and people were telling me that they thought I was ALOT younger, I would be very hurt....I think that calling everyone "dumb" was just a retort for what was said about her age. It IS the doghouse, but I think that we should have some respect for other people. I'm not trying to offend anyone or make anyone angry, so please don't take my words for flames, I'm just saying that maybe if you didn't hurt her pride by saying she acted like a child, than maybe she wouldn't call you dumb and IN TURN, act like a child. :) Let's remember the saying, if you don't have anything nie to say, don't say anything at all, and just pass through the thread without replying ;)

Airedalekisses
07-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Oh gee, I have this stark white hair and am an artist-whilst(love that word) walking down 5th Ave. I was mistaken for Andy Warhol!! just really made my day!!:rolleyes:

CathyBogart
07-15-2003, 08:00 PM
As I've said before, I have a h*ll of a hard time taking anyone seriously who doesn't type seriously. You don't type like you're a nineteen year old. Frankly, my fourteen year old sister who still thinks internet shorthand is "cool" sounds older than you... Why don't you post the picture you have?

Oh, what school are you going to? :)

Airedalekisses
07-15-2003, 08:43 PM
which school are you attending? oh, what a waste of grammar!! I is gonna go beck an reed muh Unkl Remus boox!;)

bnormal
07-16-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
Oh gee, I have this stark white hair and am an artist-whilst(love that word) walking down 5th Ave. I was mistaken for Andy Warhol!! just really made my day!!:rolleyes:

Airedalekisses, too funny!

NYCbabi 13002, if I were you I would have fun with it...next time someones mistakes you for christine whatever her name is...sign an autograph!

To whomever said they are 19 and get mistaken for 16 and finds that to be a problem...some day you will be begging for that problem!

:D :D :D

RICHARD
07-16-2003, 11:26 AM

do you mean ADVIL? the jagged little pill?

Airedalekisses
07-16-2003, 01:46 PM
no Richard, the Advil Chorus from the opera Carmen!

RICHARD
07-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Airedalekisses
no Richard, the Advil Chorus from the opera Carmen!

:)