PDA

View Full Version : what is the craziest thing your cat has done?

marysmerrycats
06-14-2003, 12:07 PM
all cats are silly, but what is the craziest thing your cats have ever done?
for mine...

Muffin...... when she...jumped? or climbed..to the top of a 7 or 8 foot bookcase! straight up! no levels, just whoosh!

Cassie..... well Im sure she will top this soon, but so far, its when she locked herself in the bathroom cupboard! seems she got in but couldn't get out (Im laughing as I type, remembering this) I heard slam! slam! she was trying to open the door to get back out and it kept shutting on her face! I went in there, opened the door and there was Cassie...hey mom, I can't get out!:eek:

as for the rest, nothing comes to mind YET,

Pam
06-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Andy got the loop of a plastic bag, that had been laying on the table, around his neck. He ran and ran like a crazy boy all over the house trying to get rid of this thing that was chasing him. :)

Randi
06-14-2003, 12:25 PM
A few years ago our whole building had installed new water pipes and large containers were standing outside our windows next to some trees. One day Fister was out, he managed to climb up on the roof of the container, but just didn't know how to get down. :rolleyes: He walked all around looking down, miawing pityfully - we could see him from our window. Well, it was getting late, so we got dressed and went down. He would still not come down. Then we went in to the yard to get a mattress someone had thrown out, to try and make him jump on that. As we came back through the gate, there he came towards us. :eek:

RedHedd
06-14-2003, 12:56 PM
Right now I'm trying to figure out which one is the instigator of this new trick (I suspect HE is), but if I go out without putting all my clothes away, when I come home the offending garment(s) will have been dragged into the main hallway or the center of the living room. :rolleyes: They sure are teaching ME to keep my room clean! LOL! What a pair! Now if only I could catch them in act ....

K & L
06-14-2003, 12:59 PM
When we first became "cat" people, and were still in the learning process of being an owner,we use to have a doggy door for our 2 Yorkies. We would let the cats come and go as the pleased. At this time we only owned 6, 3 of which were feral and totally outdoors. Anyway, one evening very late I heard this awful meow/screaming. At first I thought it was Kevin goofing around with the cats. This howling kept up, and me trying to sleep, was getting more and more irritated. I finally jumped out of bed to see Kevin laughing in the kitchen. Blaze (the semi-feral now, but extremely feral then) had come in through the doggy door, climbed up the curtains and got his head stuck between the wall and curtain rod. He was terrified and didn't want Kevin near him. Well Kevin finally pulled the curtain rod out from the wall to free Blaze. Blaze tore out through the doggy door. Even though this was so sad for him, we couldn't stop laughing!:D

marysmerrycats
06-14-2003, 01:57 PM
K&L
shame on you for LAUGHING at poor Blaze! LOL that would have been funny, it's hard to not laugh at them at times isn't it? mine seem to know and they get mad and run off when laughed at... or it could just be that they are embarrassed that they were undignified enough to get into trouble and need help!

what Cookie did once, was she got up on the top of the curtain valance, and would NOT come down, til I went tothe garage and got the ladder. then she saw me and jumped down on her own...%&*@!*& !!

Lucy, she was an outside/inside cat, back in the 80's, and she would get up on the neighbors roof, a low part, that she would climb from a tree, and then she would meow til I would come outside and get her down..I could reach her from the ground... but she wanted help !:D
Charlie, I guess his craziest thing is when he "flys" thru the air from one kitty condo to the other one, and the thing wobbles like it's going to fall over, scares the wits out of me!

Patches, his craziest moment was when he was still a kitten, he pounced onto my plate of spaghetti! oh bad boy had orange feet and tummy and had to have a bath!:eek:

Emma.. well this was an accident, but I'd say her craziest moment was when she got a string toy wrapped around her middle and her foot, and we had to chase her to free her! it was scary!

Lacy
06-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Frisky doesn't do anything really exciting....so i guess my answer would be sleeping?

The Cat Factory
06-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Peppurr, when he climbed up the 8 foot wall I guess...He does it every night!

IttyBittyKitty
06-15-2003, 03:21 AM
LOL our kitties are just SILLY

We had our fridge delivered during the day whilst we were at work. Scott's dad came over to let the fridge doods in. Well, someone had left a second level window open and Pixel had climbed the screen. The screen fell out, and cat and screen landed in the tree. Along comes Scott's dad, and there was poor Pixel sitting in the tree meowing her little heart out! When Scott's dad rescued her, she clung to him, not wishing to let go.

Silly girl!

BastetsMum
06-15-2003, 05:58 AM
Bastet decided to sleep in the laundry basket when she was a kitten. I was washing the bedsheets so I dumped them on top of her. I piled everything into the washing machine and who should *pop* out before I put the powder in! A pair of 4 month old aby ears!

ScantyNebula
06-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Oh I remember when Toby was around 10 weeks old, this one night we were in bed and Toby was sitting in his scratching post. His post was several feet away from our bed, a big jump for a tiny kitten anyway! So I started moving the blankets and he was all ready to pounce ... he kept on hesitating then finally made a big leap .... and missed the bed by an inch! LOL we laughed so much!

marysmerrycats
06-15-2003, 09:31 AM
my rb cat, Cookie, when we brought her home, she was 10 weeks old, and we had a 6ft condo for Muffin...well she went right over to it, and just scampered up that thing like it was only 10" ! and--lol-- she would just jump straight down! a small kitten jumping down 6ft! scared me, I don't know how she didn't hurt herself!(but she must have pulled some stitches or something because as she got older, she had the wobbly flabby tummy , everytime she would run it would jiggle back and forth!:D

RedHedd
06-15-2003, 11:08 AM
When I had a new TV delivered I'd put the old one in the box along with some of the packing styrofoam. Well, Goldie had to inspect this new creation in the living room. She nosedived into the box and got herself stuck in a narrow space head down, butt sticking up, wiggling and meowing like crazy. Thank God I was there! The weight of her body had stuck her in there pretty good. Scared the heck out of me! :eek: I quickly pulled her furry body out of the cat-eating box and saved the day. :) Poor thing.

Andie
06-15-2003, 01:18 PM
Isis has pushed Bull off the bed. REALLY! She is so antsy for the first hour or two after I put her in my bedroom at night. One night I was laying there talking to Dustin when she just jumps up and hurls herself at the end of the bed (and Bull). Next thing I know is she's hopping around in the floor and Bull sits up from the floor and looks over the bed like "Are you gonna let her get away with that?" I couldn't stop laughing for another half hour.

I remember when Fluffy was younger, her doing this at least once.
We had a glass sliding door between our kitchen and the rec room (where Fluffy's food water and such was). One day we (Me and Mom) were in the living room when all of a sudden we hear this THUMP! A couple seconds later another THUMP! We walk in to the kitchen and watch as Fluffy jumps up on a chair in the rec room, readys herself, Jumps, Thump! as she hits the glass! She was trying to jump into a basket of clothes. She did this 3-4 times sitting on the floor after every jump, trying to regain her composer I guess.

marysmerrycats
06-15-2003, 01:35 PM
LOL..."mom, did you SEE what she did?"

L. Wayne
06-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Of the funniest things my cats do is nearly an every-morning occurance. I am speaking of when Chrissie and Happy play chase-and-ambush through the house. It sounds like a miniature stampede.:D . First, Chrissie comes running by me, (being chased by Happy), and the computer table, and then a few seconds later, Happy is being chased by Chrissie. I know that this may sound common among many of those here on Pet Talk, but it is still funny for me to watch. Chrissie will sometimes jump upon the bed and let Happy run by without being seen! They play together so fast that I couldn't begin to tell of how they run and and do their antics. (BTW, Chrissie looks a lot like Scanty Nebula's Toby).

.........wayne

slick
06-15-2003, 01:59 PM
I was moving April 2000 and had all the boxes piled up to the ceiling, leaving some steps for the cats of course. Max was sleeping on the very top box and I guess he rolled over in his sleep. He came tumbling down the mountain and tore underneath the bed. I split a gut laughing...:D :D