PDA

View Full Version : Bella brings me a surprise

Pam
06-14-2003, 07:13 AM
This morning I was leisurely enjoying myself not having to hurry and taking a little longer than usual to wake up. I had gone down to feed and scoop the cats and, aside from finding an orange hairball on the floor, nothing was out of the ordinary. I let Bella and Ripley outside and proceeded to make coffee. When I let them back in Bella ran right into the dining room which was strange because I was getting her food ready. Hmmm... I followed her and saw her open her mouth and something came out. There was no retching so I knew she wasn't sick. Upon further inspection there was a dead baby bird on the middle of my dining room carpet!! :eek: :( I gasped and she started to pick it back up and I screamed NO BELLA (probably woke up the neighbors) and she actually left it alone. Thank God! She had found another dead baby bird in the yard last year and I don't even want to tell you what she did with that one! :eek: :eek: So much for starting out a nice Saturday morning peacefully! Sure got me wide awake quickly! :rolleyes:

Rachel
06-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Oh, Pam, perhaps it was a present for Andy and Trevor. Was the next scream for Wade to *come get this thing out of here*? That would have been the case in my house.

Kind of makes the poopies I had to clean up this morning not too big of a deal. My two are so interested in checking on the houseguest that one of them didn't take the time to complete all the appointed tasks outside this morning.

ChloeLove
06-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! :p
And I thought my doggie eating her own poop was nasty...(actually, it is, nevermind! :p )

GoldenRetrLuver
06-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Daisy has been bad about that too...ive found dead birds that she had killed, in her mouth....retrievers are "retrieving dogs" So, Daisys instincts are kicking in? I think Bella was bringing you a present....;)

lovemyshiba
06-14-2003, 11:48 AM
I think it was an early Father's Day gift for her daddy--she was just trying to be sweet!!!
Yuck!!! I would have screamed at the top of my lungs too--Kito found a toad last night outside, and I thought it was a rock--it jumped, and he started to go after it, and I pulled him back (I couldn't yell, it was too late). Just the thought of it made me sick!!

Hope your Saturday gets better!!:)

KYS
06-14-2003, 01:35 PM
I think Bella is part cat!!!!

Karen
06-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Poodles ARE retrievers, she was just being a true poodle! Bleaaaah, tho!

At a previous job, the owners got a lovely white Standrad Poodle pup - Bella reminds me of Lily. We worked in an "industrial park" behind a shopping mall, and if I was taking her out and DIDN'T quickly find something okay for her to carry, she'd pick up the most disgusting thing - old cigarette butts, fast food wrappers, anything icky - just to have something to carry. That trained me really fast! All loose sticks were quickly put to use!

Cookiebaker
06-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Silly Bella, that sounds kinda icky! You were just being generous though, werent ya? ;) Silly pupper!

tatsxxx11
06-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Oh, Pam!!:D:D:D Now you have an inkling of how I felt the day Star threw up that squirrel on the family room rug.....whole!:eek: As they say, she was just doing what she was bred to do!!:D (Hope you're ok, Pam;))

Rachel
06-14-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Oh, Pam!!:D:D:D Now you have an inkling of how I felt the day Star threw up that squirrel on the family room rug.....whole!:eek

Never will I forget that event. I can picture it as though I were there!

popcornbird
06-14-2003, 04:42 PM
Poor birdie. :(:(:( Naughty doggie! :eek::eek::eek:

wolfsoul
06-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Timber will catch a bird yet...She LOVES to chase them....one time she bit off all of a dove's tail feathers! :eek:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p7c193bc206d72fa0ff6ae586488b99bf/fc8c1cfc.jpg

So sorry your morning was ruined! :(