PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day

NoahsMommy
06-14-2003, 02:33 AM
What is everyone doing for Father's Day? Anything special?

Tomorrow (I guess, today) we are going to see "Finding Nemo" and going to lunch with my step-dad. (he loves movies!)

Sunday, we're going to church with David's dad and doing lunch as well.

binka_nugget
06-14-2003, 02:40 AM
I'm gonna sleep in, eat some breakfast (or lunch actually), go on the computer, sleep, eat dinner, computer, sleep. I don't do anything for father's day..my dad doesn't deserve any recognition. My sister was forced to make a father's day present at school. The moment she came home, she changed every "dad" in the present to "mom" lol.

Gone Doggin'
06-14-2003, 02:44 AM
i might be going to my friend's grad ceremony

Cincy'sMom
06-14-2003, 07:42 AM
We are going to my in-laws for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow, we have dance rehearsal and then a dinner to go to for the staff of the musical my husband worked on. Hopefully we'll get to do something with my dad next weekend.

primabella
06-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Nothing much. We might pass by the cemetery to 'see' my grandfather. He was born on Mick's birthday. Sometimes we say Mick is my grandfather reincarnated :p

My dad says he doesn't want anything but we got my mom something (it's easier to shop for a girl) and I feel bad.

bluekat
06-14-2003, 09:22 AM
Well, today we're going to see The Lion King, then go out for dinner. I think that's all. We're celebrating today instead of tomorrow.

anna_66
06-14-2003, 09:42 AM
As usual I will be working:(

I'd love to be able to spend the day with my dad but he lives in SC, guess I'll just be calling him instead:)

GoldenRetrLuver
06-14-2003, 10:10 AM
We will probaly go out to dinner, and take my cousins (there dad passed away..) go to the dog park, open presents, and just relax.:)

gini
06-14-2003, 11:26 AM
I think that Dad's ALWAYS say they don't want anything.

Liars, liars, pants on fires!!

More than anything, I think they want to know they are loved!

Father's Day - go ahead and tell them.......a card, a phone call, a gift, a big hug - any way you feel is true and right.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-14-2003, 11:33 AM
I'm in Missouri and my dad is in Georgia, so we can't really do anything....

neko1
06-14-2003, 11:38 AM
We are having a BBQ at my future (1Week!!!!) in-laws house.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Ah, I envy you, Neko...

I wanna marry my Brian...

Congrats, though!

RubyMutt
06-14-2003, 11:51 AM
I got my dad a new computer chair for Father's Day & my mom got him 2 filing cabinets. They're in 3 big boxes, the chair is in the trunk of my car & the filing cabinets are in the trunk of my mom's car. My mom & I decided that we didn't want to wrap them since they're so big, so we got a little piece of poster board and drew our cars on it and wrote "Look in the trunks!". We cut up the pic into 9 pieces. We going to hide 8 of the pieces around the house w/ clues on the back of them on where to find the next one & I'm just going to give him the first piece/clue with my card. I will probably make him breakfast as well. My sister, Kristi, and her daughter will also come up to visit and I think we're going to go inline skating (well, Kristi & I inline skate, her daughter rollerskates, and my parents & great-aunt walk ;)) down by this park by a river. I'm sure Ruby will come as we'll probably have some sort of picnic. That's about it I think :D

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-14-2003, 11:58 AM
Must be nice to have a family, eh?

wolfsoul
06-14-2003, 12:04 PM
My dad is a jerk and doesn't care...I don't have his phone number, so I guess I'm not calling him :rolleyes:

I'm going to make a happy fathers' day card from a picture of Leather and i'll send it to his gf's email.

gini
06-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
I got my dad a new computer chair for Father's Day & my mom got him 2 filing cabinets. They're in 3 big boxes, the chair is in the trunk of my car & the filing cabinets are in the trunk of my mom's car. My mom & I decided that we didn't want to wrap them since they're so big, so we got a little piece of poster board and drew our cars on it and wrote "Look in the trunks!". We cut up the pic into 9 pieces. We going to hide 8 of the pieces around the house w/ clues on the back of them on where to find the next one & I'm just going to give him the first piece/clue with my card. I will probably make him breakfast as well. My sister, Kristi, and her daughter will also come up to visit and I think we're going to go inline skating (well, Kristi & I inline skate, her daughter rollerskates, and my parents & great-aunt walk ;)) down by this park by a river. I'm sure Ruby will come as we'll probably have some sort of picnic. That's about it I think :D

What a lovely day you have planned for your Dad.......I have always loved playing "treasure hunt" ..my little niece just loves it. Have a good time!

RubyMutt
06-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
Must be nice to have a family, eh?

please don't assume you know everything about my family :rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
06-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately, my dad is away for a wedding this weekend. I live about 2 hours from him, and it's also my sister's 16th birthday tomorrow. This is the first time since I moved, that I haven't gone home this weekend--I always make it a point to be home for father's day, or at least around it. So, I will call him, and I did send a card, and will try to make it home next weekend.
I do have the day off (actually the whole weekend), so we may just do some shopping or something.
Kito, Abbey and Riley did get their daddy a father's day card though!!:)

Tina
06-14-2003, 12:55 PM
I really have no idea yet. Probably go over to my parents and the in-laws for a visit. I may decide to make dinner and invite Rob's dad up and mine. Who knows. Find out tomorrow.

RubyMutt
06-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by gini
What a lovely day you have planned for your Dad.......I have always loved playing "treasure hunt" ..my little niece just loves it. Have a good time!

marysmerrycats
06-14-2003, 02:18 PM
well I have to order flowers... sent to the cemetary:(

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-14-2003, 02:20 PM
Ooh, marysmer... I'm sorry. :( :(

gini
06-14-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
well I have to order flowers... sent to the cemetary:(

Me too, but I do have wonderful memories of a very loving father.

marysmerrycats
06-14-2003, 02:31 PM
yeah, I am remembering him, thats what Im doing! he was the absolute, most wonderful dad in the world! he was happy and pleasant right up to the time he died and in honor (oh god Im gonna cry) of him Im gonna tell this story..

he had a bad heart, long story, but when the paramedics got to the house, he tried to get on the gurney himself, and they told him WE will put you on it. he had lost consciousness and my mom, knowing cpr, brought him to again!(before paramedics were there) anyway, he joked with the paramedics on the way to the hospitol. but he didn't make it, and then they tell you to go into the dreaded little room to tell you.:(

RubyMutt
06-14-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Mary & Gini :(

marysmerrycats
06-14-2003, 02:35 PM
he was only 59, and I had to call the paramedics... an then while they were there, for some reason, I was walking around holding one shoe trying to find the other one...?

CamCamPup33
06-14-2003, 02:43 PM
wow i cant imagine! my mothers father dies and she misses him so much! i feel so bad because i neve rknew him.. my sisters and brothers tell me stories about him! i wish i knew him! :( My mom didnt even meet my dad yet.. So my dad never knew him either.. {its because my mom married someone they had 3 kids my 2 sisters and brothers and then he was involved in somethings not mentioning but im just glad that he wasnt my dad. My mom tells me stories of how much she hated him and what he would do to her.. i feel horrible everytime. Anyways my mom then found my dad and they had to kids me and my brother so my dad never knew him} We will probably be at the cemetary for a few hrs and then go to my aunts house to PARTY even tho my mom wont really be wanting to Party.. BBQ and everything.. But my dad has his present already.. he bought himself some golf clubs! :rolleyes: yet i know my other brothers and sisters will be A LITTLE sad about there dad even tho he is not considered there dad.. if that makes sense..

Dakota's Mommy
06-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Well, I sent cards and made phone calls but being stuck in Texas, I didn't get to spend the day with either of our dads. I also sent a card to my husband from his kids (the puppies) but I have no clue if he got it in time for fathers day or not (I mailed the package out on May 22nd but who knows how long it takes packages to get to Iraq and to them, it seems to run all on luck)! So, I spent the day with my friend and her 4 children because she needed some help due to getting new tires put on their van that day!