PDA

View Full Version : An amazing tale...

ramanth
06-13-2003, 01:12 PM
Saw this story at another site and had to share it. :)

Here is a true tale from the book Found Dogs by Elise Lufkin, a collection of stories of strays who landed on their feet.

A lady who works for a humane organization in San Diego relates this:

Recently an older man came to the pound. He explained that he wanted to look for a dog that had been born after March 20, and I commented that he must want a puppy.

He replied, "This is a rather unusual situation. Do you believe in angels?"

"Of course," I answered.

"Well, do you believe in reincarnation?"

I assured him that I could believe in almost anything if it would help him to adopt a dog. He then explained that on March 20 his beloved little dog of seventeen years had died. He was devastated. Then one night an angel had appeared in a dream and announced that his dog would return but that he would have to look for her.

"So here I am to start looking," he said.

Together we walked through the shelter going from floor to floor, passing cages filled with all kinds of dogs. Finally in the last corner he spotted a dog. He looked at the dog. She looked back at him, and he said, "There she is!"

I pointed out that this dog was definitely not a puppy. She was three or four years old and quite large as well. Nevertheless, I opened the cage, he held out his arms and the dog rushed to him. "I'll take this one, this one is mine," he said.

The dog followed us to the office where the man filled out some forms and paid the adoption fee. Then I opened the door leading to the parking lot. The dog then led the man out the door and walked directly over to his car where she waited by the passenger door for him to come and open it for her. They both got in, and off they drove together.

primabella
06-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Saw this story over at Dogo :D Thanks for posting it here...its very sweet :)

GSDgurl
06-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Aww thats sooo sweet......thanx for sharing~!

ChloeLove
06-13-2003, 04:51 PM
What a sweet story, thanks for sharing! :)

gkristian
06-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Thats so sweet
Thanks for sharing

ChrisH
06-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Wonderful story. :)

Thanks Kimmy!

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-14-2003, 11:23 AM
WHAT A NICE STORY!!!
So sweet!