PDA

View Full Version : My first concert in years!

ramanth
06-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Andy took me to see Journey, REO Speedwagon, and Styx last night.

The concert was AWESOME!!!

Didn't lose my voice... :rolleyes: ;) .... but I'm saying.. "What?" or "Can you repeat that?" ;) lol! j/k

Had a good time. We had some exuberant young ones sitting behind and beside us.

For one they brought their own liquor (looked like a bottle of Captain Morgan) and they bought Cokes from the consession stand and made mixed drinks. They offered some to us, but we declined.

They were nice and they didn't bother us, so despite looking underage, we minded our own buisness.

All was well until the kid sitting behind me decided to throw up in his lap. http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/duckman/sick.gif Got a little on my jacket. His friends rushed him to the bathroom and appologized profusely to me. Told them it was okay and that the jacket could be washed. He appologized when he got back.

It didn't really bother my concert experience because I couldn't smell anything. Not that I was trying mind you.... http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/angry/cringe.gif

Someone near us was smoking pot. Yuck... but after awhile I couldn't smell it and again, I refused to let it bother me. :)

Overall I had an excellent time. :)

lovemyshiba
06-13-2003, 12:18 PM
Sounds like fun (the concert, not the people around you)!! They are coming here too, and we've been thinking about it--how did they sound???

I'm glad you got to go out and have such a fun night, with all of the worrying you've been doing--you deserved it:)

Pam
06-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Oh I love Journey!! It sounds like you were determined to have a good time and did!! Good for you! I have only ever been to one concert - Pink Floyd in 1994 when they were in Philadelphia. I was totally awestruck (sp?) by the special effects, etc. We were near the front and I couldn't hear for about a week! LOL!!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-13-2003, 12:24 PM
Sounds like fun! I love Journey!
It's been a while since I've been to a pot smoking, liquor drinking concert. But I'm going to one on July 17th---OZZFEST!!!!!!!!!!
Glad ya had fun! :) :D

ramanth
06-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Sounds like fun (the concert, not the people around you)!! They are coming here too, and we've been thinking about it--how did they sound???
They sounded awesome! Definately worth it if you can get tickets. :D

I'm glad you got to go out and have such a fun night, with all of the worrying you've been doing--you deserved it:)
We still worried about Kia while at the concert ;) but managed to have a good time. :)

Kia was very happy to see us when we got back. :D

anna_66
06-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Oh wow, that sounds so fun (except for the puke of course:o )
Glad you both had a great time!

Cookiebaker
06-13-2003, 04:18 PM
http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/duckman/sick.gifEWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww!!! I'm glad for your sake that that didn't ruin your evening 'cause it sure woulda ruined mine!! I'm so phobic of that!! I'm feeling shaky just reading your post :o

But besides that, it sounds like you had an awesome time!! Did you take lots of pictures?

Fett
06-14-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
But besides that, it sounds like you had an awesome time!! Did you take lots of pictures?
Unfortunately cameras were not allowed. :(