PDA

View Full Version : Not again...

iceyshiver21
06-12-2003, 10:31 PM
This is the second time now...One of our kittens, Baby Doll, is sick....The first time I found her on the floor with her head smashed against the wall and nothing holding her...I put her in a cage with just her and her mommy (her momma has two other kittens but her aunt had her kittens a day before so they switch litters, plus they are 6 weeks old and are weening) It was too late to call the vet and their are no overnight vets around... :( I just locked them up and checked on her every hour and every hour she was looking better until she was normal agian....but tonight I found her sprawled on the floor with the tip of her tounge sticking out...again its to late to call the vet...I did the same as last time. but something tells me she isnt gonna make it this time...only time will tell...any ideas on whats wrong??

apcrs5122
06-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Ohhh, that's sad :( **sniffle** I'm not sure what it is; I'm not too knowledged on cats even though I have 2 :rolleyes: I hope you figure out whats going on and that she gets better! {{{HUGS FOR BABY DOLL}}}

RedHedd
06-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Is there a 24-hour emergency pet hospital near you? Check your phone books. Most large cities have at least one. Sounds like an emergency to me. I hope she makes it!

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 11:14 PM
you need to get that cat to a vet right away! an emergency vet thats open 24 hrs or first thing in the morning if it makes it thru the night. and what do you mean by smashed???

iceyshiver21
06-12-2003, 11:21 PM
There is no place that Im aware of and I know most the vets around...Im sure the nearest is the Twin Cities and I live next to the southren border...

What I mean by smashed is like say you lay down in a corner on your tummy and stick your head ur face up against the wall...with your chest almost touching the wall..

iceyshiver21
06-12-2003, 11:24 PM
Our family knows my vet very well infact he almost is family...but he has his listed numbers as the number at the clinic...I tried calling the friends who know him best and they are gone...(truckdrivers) I dont know what else to do...

marysmerrycats
06-13-2003, 01:37 AM
well all you can do is take the kitty to the vet in the morning.. how is the kitty?

IttyBittyKitty
06-13-2003, 05:21 AM
That really doesn't sound too good! It could be a whole range of things, such as congenital disorders, a virus, or an adverse reaction to some type of chemical. It sounds to me like it could also be some type of nervous, cardiovascular or ear disorder. Keep her isolated from all your other pets.

Let's hope it's the ear - it is the least harmful. Pixel was doing things like that when her ear was infected as it seriously affects their balance.

There is probably an emergency vet somewhere in your city - try looking up all the vets in the White Pages, try the local pound or other shelters as they often have 24 hour care ... I know that here in Australia, the RSPCA (like the ASPCA) has a vet ambulance and 24 hour care. Inner city vets are often 24 hours also.

Good luck. Try and keep kitty warm and dry as much as possible.

Catsnclay
06-13-2003, 02:16 PM
How about an update on this kitty??

K & L
06-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Gosh I hope you got the little one to the vet in time. Could this be epilepsy?

kimlovescats
06-13-2003, 03:11 PM
How horrid!!!!!! Please update us on this baby!

Cataholic
06-13-2003, 06:00 PM
This makes me sick just reading it. I know I am going to sound harsh when I say this, but THAT TINY KITTEN DEPENDS ON YOU. Please take it to the vet. I don't know why you didnt take it the very first time!!!!!!!!!

Please, please take it to the vet. It isn't fair to let it suffer.

iceyshiver21
06-14-2003, 02:58 PM
Sorry its been a full day or two before I've updated but Ive been very Ill with strep and almost hospitalized...Baby Doll was fine again in the morning but I took her into the vet just in case he said that she just wore her self completly out and need to get more proper neutraits(sp?) He told me to give her 1cc of honey along with her little meds. She is doing much better and is acting normal as well.

RedHedd
06-14-2003, 05:26 PM
Giving Honey to a little kitten? :confused: That just doesn't sound right to me - Honey is difficult even for some human babies to digest and some adult humans. Are you you serious?

aly
06-14-2003, 09:00 PM
I'm glad the kitty is better!

Are you going to get your cats spayed? Do you breed them on purpose?