PDA

View Full Version : She's Gone

shais_mom
09-13-2001, 08:03 AM
Oh God, I am crying and shaking as I type this.
My beloved Shaianne died this morning. She woke me up today at 545 having a massive seizure, I thought she had bit her tongue but she must have been bleeding out of her mouth.
She lost control of her bowels and bladder. It took her awhile to get up and I thought once she calmed down she would be alright, I would give her a dose of her medicine and it would be ok. She kept pacing and laying down, getting up and laying down moving. Then she stopped panting and and I went and looked at her and she was bleeding again and had lost control again. I called my dad and hysterically told him I needed him, and him came over (about a half hour away). I was on the floor with her and curled up into a fetal position and then it was over. She looked like she had taken her final run. God, I miss her so much already, the house is too quiet. My dad came over, he was crying, my mom called, she was crying. Dad took her crate apart and to the garage, and her sheets, blankets, to bury with her. I told him to take her to their house, I just don't have the room here and she loved being there.
Kylie doesn't know what to do.
I called one of my best friends and she said there had to be something else wrong with her, and not epilepsy. Her stool had blood in it, when I wiped her off,she vomited a couple times a couple weeks ago I just thought it was cause I switched her food. She must have had a tumor, anuerysm, stroke or a heart attack.
My mom put it this way, "Now she can go and lick the hands of people who perished Tuesday." And I said "Now, she can run to her hearts content off leash."
I am really going to need all of you now, I just don't know what to do, Thank God she did this when I was here and not at work or wherever.

Angels3
09-13-2001, 08:21 AM
I am so so sorry about Shaianne. It would have been such a shocking experience for you. But you were with her & that would have eased her distress.
That was such a lovely & wise remark your Mom made about how Shaianne would go to comfort those who died, with gentle licks on their hands. And your Dad was wonderful, too, to make sure that Shaianne was laid to rest with love & care.
I hope you can feel the hugs I'm sending you.

Logan
09-13-2001, 08:21 AM
"Now she can go and lick the hands of people who perished Tuesday." And I said "Now, she can run to her hearts content off leash."

Oh, Staci, I am so very sorry. But what your mother said is so beautiful, I just had to repeat it. We are here for you. My email is in my profile, you use it, and if you send me your phone number, I will call you, talk it through, whatever you need.

Your beautiful Shaianne is with God, just like your Mom said, and she is happy and healthy and making all those new people in Heaven feel so much better. What a delicate and beautiful creature she was, and she touched each of us in a special, special way.

My heart is breaking for you, Staci. I'm so glad that Kylie is there with you. She came into your life for a reason, my friend. Hold on to her.

Pam
09-13-2001, 08:24 AM
Staci your post in the first one I have read in a while due to the events of the past few days. I simply can't believe what I am reading here. Your poor Shianne!!!! My heart is breaking for you. What a horrible shock this has to be. I know that you will need to talk and we will be here to listen and help if we can. When my Whitney died unexpectedly years ago the vet asked me if I wanted him to perform an autopsy. I said no becaused I didn't want her poor body violated. There have been times that I wish I had allowed it. Talk with your vet about what has happened. Stay in contact with your family throughout the next few days. This is going to be so hard for you. I am so sorry for what you are going through. My prayers are with you.

AdoreMyDogs
09-13-2001, 08:24 AM
Oh my dear God. I am in absolute shambles...I am so, so sorry and so shocked. I don't know what to say. A friend has fallen today and I feel completely lost for words. Staci...from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry. Shai...you must have been needed in heaven, for this was unexpected and is so difficult for the friends you left behind. Shai, whenever I see fawn greyhounds I will always think of you, my distant friend. God I am so sorry, Staci.

Dixieland Dancer
09-13-2001, 08:47 AM
Staci I am so sorry about Shai. I have tears in my eyes and have actually relived a similar situation that occured to me years ago. The pain is so intense and almost unbearable. Rely on your family and friends. Call on us anytime you need to.

I am thanking God that he allowed you to be there with her in the final moments and that you have such a supportive mom and dad! I ask the Lord to give you special comfort during this time and to help you through this.

I also hope you can feel the hugs that I am sending you! God Bless and comfort you!

zippy-kat
09-13-2001, 09:02 AM
Oh my goodness! {{HUGS}}

What your Mom said was absolutely beautiful.
If you need us at all, please don't hesitate.

"I know that God is depressed
and needs cheering. Why else
take this dog that I cherish so?"

Gio
09-13-2001, 09:25 AM
Staci,
I'm devastated to hear about Shaianne. I don't know what else to say. I wish I could be there to hug you. Please take care. Gio

3-greys-and-a-mutt
09-13-2001, 09:38 AM
Oh my gosh - I just posted a topic because today is buddy's birthday, and then I looked at other posts and saw this! I am in shock - it's so sudden. I feel as if it were my sweet Shaianne that died. This is so tragic, I don't even know what to say except I'm so so sorry for you. I'm so upset that I never got the chance to meet her when she was so close. She is now our sweet angel, looking down at all the Pet Talk dogs that she never met.
If you need to talk, me e-mail address is in my profile and I'll be home this evening.
I remember this time, you must feel so numb and disoriented and in shock. Poor sweet Shaianne; now she is healthy and running so fast on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

Stenograsaurus
09-13-2001, 09:39 AM
Staci, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank God you were with her when she needed you. Your mom has a great attitude about it all. Shaianne is up there helping those who crossed over to the Bridge. Hopefully you'll find a little comfort in that. God must have wanted a special dog and you know how special Shaianne was. We are here for you. May God give you strenght to make it through the grieving process. I'm sending you hugs and strength.

Rottie
09-13-2001, 09:51 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. :( What a blow! You must be devastated. I say this as tears come to my eyes, we all loved Shaianne. :(

shais_mom
09-13-2001, 10:03 AM
OH God, I am sobbing as I read your replies. I knew you all would help. Heather, your quote is so true, he must have needed her more than I did.
Forgive me, but this is actually for the victims on Tues but it reminds me of my little girl. I can picture her with a halo on head as she runs around with that goofy smile on her face with her tongue hanging out.

The Angel you asked for
arrived slightly late,
her halo askew, in rumpled robes
looking almost harried
and rather un-angelic.

But Angels are more than
calm smiles, glowing faces
and chamber music in cumulus.
You need an angel with cool fingers
to touch your brow when weary,
bottomless eyes that you can rest in,
and a laugh that makes you smile
even when you don't wish to.

You need an angel to sing softly
when you are inches from sleep,
and that sweet voice
will touch your dreams
and ward the night from harm.

The angel you asked for
will not remember the times you faltered,
but will never forget the times you shined.
And there will always be a place for you
warm, near and dear
and if you weep, she will flutter her wings
and catch the tears
holding wide her arms to welcome you
to the home you miss, or lost,
or never knew,
because she's the angel that you asked for---
the only one who'll do.
And I'm sending her straight to you!

~Lisa Shields

Snowy's Mommy
09-13-2001, 10:05 AM
Staci,

I am so sorry to hear about your tragedy. At least you comforted her in her last hours.

We are here to help you get through this.

Jordan

Cinder & Smoke
09-13-2001, 10:10 AM
Rest in Peace, Dear Shaianne

Dad, Smokey and Cinder all send you our Sympathy :(, Staci.

Try a visit to http://www.petloss.com/ ~ you might want to place a tribute to Shaianne there.

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Dad

carrie
09-13-2001, 10:35 AM
Staci, I am so sorry to hear about this. Thank goodness you were there to comfort and reassure.
Your mother is a very wise lady.
My thoughts are with you, my email is available I only wish there was something I could do.
You had a special friend whose life was made special by your love and care.

TollSettFK
09-13-2001, 11:07 AM
My gosh, you don't know how sorry I am. I know how you must feel right now. Iv'e lost a dog too. Im so sorry, and I really am praying that you get over this good. Maybe you can get another dog, although I know none could ever take Shais place in your heart. Again, Im so sorry.
:(

TollSettFK
09-13-2001, 11:09 AM
I agree with Logan, what ever we can do to help, I'll be glad to.

RachelJ
09-13-2001, 11:45 AM
Oh, dear, I knew one day we would all face this together. I guess I felt it would be one of the older ones. We knew Shaianne through you Staci and loved her little runaway butt. What a zest for life she had and how sweetly she accepted her kitty sister. This is such a shock and we certainly didn't see it coming. I am so sorry for your loss. Please feel free to talk about your feelings. Doing that was the one thing that helped me cope when I lost my previous two. You know here you are understood completely. I too am glad that you had your mom and dad to lean upon during this time.

Shaianne, you go look for Bailey and Tizzie. They are black cockapoos and very sweet girls. They have been there at the Rainbow Bridge for awhile and will show you around. There is probably a beautiful lady named Kim there looking after them and she will take care of you too. Tell them both I still love them as much as ever and just to wait for me like good girls.

Freckles
09-13-2001, 12:05 PM
Stace, I am so sorry about the sudden passing of Shaianne. Hold Kylie close and remember the good times with Shaianne.

Albea
09-13-2001, 12:17 PM
Dear Staci: I'm so sorry about Shaianne. Having lost dogs myself, I know exactly how you feel. Although I know no words can really express the sorrow of losing a loved pet, when I send condolences to members of Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue for the loss of a beloved companion, I enclose this poem:
LOVED DOGS DO NOT DIE
We have a secret, you and I, that no one else shall know.
For who but I can see you lie each night, in fireglow?
And who but I can reach my hand before I go to bed,
And feel the living warmth of you and touch your silken head?
And only I walk woodland paths and see, ahead of me
Your red form racing with the wind, so young again and free.
And only I can see you swim in every brook I pass.
And,when I call, no one but I can see the bending grass.
by Behula Fenderson Smith

She'll be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge, where there is no illness and pain.
If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Alicia

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Albea ]

kobieeli
09-13-2001, 12:26 PM
My heart is so heavy for your loss of beloved Shaianne.

tatsxxx11
09-13-2001, 12:52 PM
Dear Staci, I am so shocked and devastated to hear of Shai's passing. It is hard to write for the tears. You are the best and bravest of mommy's. Shai, we all loved you beautiful girl. Please look for Jingles, the sweetest yellow labbie. She is there with all of the other Rainbow kids to keep you company until the day you are with your loving mommy again. I am so very deeply sad for you Staci. Words just fail me. I know right now there is almost nothing that can console you. Please know how we all love you, are here for you, and cherish the memory of the brave and beautiful Shaianne. Love, Sandra

aly
09-13-2001, 12:53 PM
Staci, I am typing this to you through many tears. God took beautiful Shai as an angel to be with all the people from Tuesday. I am so proud of her. I'm glad she's running free in a beautiful place and comforting the so many people who lost their loved ones. Logan said it all when she said Kylie came to you for a reason. That is how my Shiloh came to me. Turn to Kylie for strength to get through this. I'm glad your parents were able to help you. Your mom said beautiful words and your dad did a beautiful thing. Embrace them during this time, and they will also help you through.

Please don't hesitate to email me if you need to. If anything, I can just listen to you talk about Shai, or I can talk to you about other things to keep your mind off. Stay strong Staci, we all love you and Shai the sweet angel.

Karen
09-13-2001, 01:10 PM
Oh Staci, we are all with you in your time of sadness and grief. We know Shai is curled up in a small spot in your heart, and will always be with you.

Oh, Mama, now I run
Through green fields so big
That I can run and run forever it seems
Until I drop to curl
Into the sweet ball of innocence
With the big dark eyes that closed just to rest
Oh, Mama, here the kitties aren't afraid
And it's never too cold for me
And I'm never afraid
But Mama, I wait for you
And as I run I kinda miss your yelling somehow
(You weren't really angry, I always knew that.)
And I know you were afraid for me
When I ran away,
When I had the twitches, and so afraid
When I was dying
But it was quick, Mama, it was,
And you were there, and I knew you loved me
Just as you have since we met, though I was afraid then
And that love is what I remember
As I run, and play
And wait
I love you, Mama

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Karen ]

Logan
09-13-2001, 02:07 PM
Staci and others...if you read this, could someone please give us an address or phone number for the Greyhound Rescue organization where Shaianne was originally located? I would like to send a memorial for that beautiful Shaianne. If I can't send it directly to Shai's rescuers, I will make a donation in her memory to my local Greyhound rescue.

My good friend, Peggy, lost her Murphy, a Golden Retriever, over the weekend as well. What a sad week........ :(

My heart goes out to you Staci.

Logan

09-13-2001, 02:35 PM
Staci,

Not much else can be said by me because everyone has conveyed my sympathies and thoughts. My heart is with you.... I am deeply deeply sorry that this has happened. This week has been bad enough and now your heart has been tested again. All of our hearts are heavy and hurting due to the tragedy and one thing that brings a smile to my heart is that everyone on Pet Talk has room for more sympathy and caring. All of our hearts see no limit -

Shaianne was needed by God to help comfort those that perished this week. Maybe you will be able to find solace in that. Your mother's words touched my heart. Please e-mail me if you need. You have complete support here

Everyone's poems are wonderful and thank you for sharing those. Take care Staci and remember your Shai - we will all remember her sweet face, nature and stories. Help us remember her by sharing more stories with us - you might find comfort in that as well....I don't know....

karen israel
09-13-2001, 02:38 PM
Oh Stace! I couldn't believe my eyes! I am shocked beyond words! I don't know what to say! My heart just goes out to you! Please accept my most heartfelt condolences. We all loved Shais so much, like one of our own in our PetTalk family. The consulation is that your mom is so right. Shais is comforting those who passed on Tuesday, running freely to her heart's content and making new friends with our beloved pets that pasted. I'm glad you were able to be there with her. If you need another shoulder and hug please do not hesitate to email me. Please accept a million hugs and I send my love... Karen

Buddy2101
09-13-2001, 02:41 PM
O I am so sorry!!! She must of been a great dog. She will keep eveyrone in heaven great company.

lizbud
09-13-2001, 03:01 PM
Dear Shais-Mom (Staci)
I am so very very sorry to hear the news of
the passing of your Beloved Shaianne....
She was a Beautiful dog,with such soulful
eyes!!!Please know that You are in my thoughts and prayers at this time !!
REST IN PEACE SWEET SHAIANNE !!!
Lizbud

jackiesdaisy1935
09-13-2001, 04:09 PM
Oh Staci, I just started to read these posts and came upon this one and I couldn't believe what I was reading. I am so sorry words cannot do justice to what we all feel.
Shai was one of our own, we loved to hear her stories and everything about her. Just as she belonged to you, in a sense she belonged to all of us. Every dog here has a corner of every persons heart and will always be there. God made sure you were there with her so she would not be alone, now she is across the Rainbow Bridge playing with all our beloved dogs who went before her. Your mother is right, God had a plan for Shai and now she is doing his work.
Jackie

aly
09-13-2001, 04:37 PM
Staci, I know this might not make you feel better at this point, but I am makign a little site for Shai. I'm not done yet but here is the work in progress: http://www.geocities.com/shireelol/shai.html

*LabLoverKEB*
09-13-2001, 06:29 PM
Staci, I am so sorry about your dear Shaianne. We all loved her. Her is a little prayer for you:

In The Loss Of Your Loved One

In every life,
there comes a time
to walk in shadows
and in sunlight,
to hear silence and song,
to shed tears of sadness
and of joy,
to forget what
has been taken,
and remember
what has been given.

I'm so sorry to hear about sweet little Shaianne. Now my Teal baby has a friend. I'm sorry.

KayAnn
09-13-2001, 06:33 PM
Staci,
I am so sorry for your loss, in situations like this, its hard to express how sorry i am.
Im sorry this isnt much but i just cant find words to say... :(

delidog
09-13-2001, 07:03 PM
stacy, i am sorry for reading so late...i was wrapped up in the wtc crisis....but our hearts go out to you....i feel for your loss...i have been there,please take comfort that you were with her and comforting her in her last hours,,,she was not alone...now she has crossed the rainbow bridge and is waiting for you healthy and happy!!i must say...karen wrote a beautiful verse for you and your beautiful fur child...i cried after reading your post...then when i was gaining composure...i read her verse...it was a beautiful epitaph...and sent me right back into tears....i have read all the posts on pet talk now...and i want to reiterate...if there is even a small way i can help....as i said earlier.....you are already in my prayers......so if you need anything else...i will be here.....my e-mail is on my profile....if you just need to talk,,,e-mail me i will give you my phone...we are here to support you.... the deli dog

KYS
09-13-2001, 07:13 PM
I am so sorry/shocked to hear about
Shaianne. Her suffering is over and
she will be healthy and happy
looking over you in Heavon.
I wish I could comfort you,
for all the pain you feel.
My thoughts are with you.
This is a good time for a
Pet Talk group hug.

delidog
09-13-2001, 07:35 PM
stacy, consider yourself hugged....and beautiful shainne...i agree that you need a hug....but your saving grace is that you hugged your furbaby till the end...shainne is happy and comfortable now....she is at the rainbow bridge!!!great place for your shainne!!!!!! the deli dog :(

jackiesdaisy1935
09-13-2001, 08:21 PM
Aly, that is a wonderful page for Shai and will be comforting to Staci. Thank you for being so thoughtful during this time of sorrow.
Staci again I am so sorry for the loss of Shai, we all loved her.
Jackie

Sudilar
09-13-2001, 08:45 PM
Just now I have read this post! I am devastated! Oh Staci, my heart goes out to you!! My heart is breaking. Shaianne was one of our Pet Talk family. Today we lost a family member. I feel your pain. I am so glad you were with her at the end, to help her through to Rainbow Bridge. I am so, so sorry. I can't post any more, the tears are blocking my vision....

petspoil
09-13-2001, 10:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I really don't know what to say.

Daisy's Mom
09-13-2001, 10:49 PM
Staci I don't know what to say, except that we all loved Shai, and I am so, so sorry. Here's a poem I wrote... it's not much, but it's all I can offer.

God had a little angel
With a little wagging tail.
He saw someone on earth in need
And knew His angel would not fail,
So He sent the angel down to earth
In the form of a puppy, cute and small,
The puppy made his master's problems disappear
And solved them once and for all.
Their days were filled with laughter
And many a slobbery kiss.
God watched the two quite happily,
But His angel he did miss.
And then one day in Heaven
There came a kind but lonely soul,
One in need of an angel's company for a while,
And so to make him once more whole,
God had no choice but to take back His angel,
For he was needed in Heaven once more.
Though the angel and master had had quite a bond,
He had to go do his job for the God he adores.
Though the master weeps and grieves now,
They should truly know,
Their furry friend is an angel in Heaven,
And when they themselves there go,
They will be reunited,
For the angel's job will be done,
And the two will be left alone
For more love, kisses, and fun.

My heart goes out to you. Stay strong. We are all here for you.

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: Daisy's Mom ]

shais_mom
09-14-2001, 12:20 AM
I don't know what else to say.
Alyson, words cannot express how much gratitude I can tell you for doing that forme. It is beautiful.
I made myself go to work, I knew if I stayed home I would just sit and cry all night. And I have been off since 9-4-01. Everyone was very supportive. One of the girls brought me a single red rose, and another brought me candy. :) My little fancy faced angel, is watching over me now. I just hope she knows how much I loved and miss her.
I pray she didn't suffer, the people at work and I agree that she must not have had epilepsy, we think she may have had an anuerysm. So much blood, I threw away 2 dish towels, a bath towel, and a half of roll of paper towels.
She didn't want for anything. She knew she had a good home and many people who loved her including all of you. Now she is with all your furbabies, at the bridge.
Logan, I am crying now, again, Shaianne came from out local humane society, she wasn't a ex racer. If you still wish to give a memorial, you can send it to your local Humane Soc, or the nearest greyhound rescue. Shaianne and I will be honored. :) Thank you.
Karen, your poem is wonderful. Thank you.
Once again, Thank you all, I will keep you posted on how Kylie and I are doing.

aly
09-14-2001, 02:42 AM
Hi Staci, I can't sleep very well tonight. I keep thinking of you and I just jumped out of bed to remind you that your local SPCA probably has a pet loss support group. Just an idea in case you hadn't thought of it. It may help you a little.

Also here's an article about surviving pet loss and it gives 10 things you can do to help you feel better: http://www.pet-loss.net/surviving.html

RachelJ
09-14-2001, 07:24 AM
I wrote a message in the guest book on Aly's page. I don't think the whole thing printed out so I am repeating it here.

Oh, dear sweet Shai, we will miss you so much. What fun you and your Mama had. What joy you brought her. She loved you so much. Now you have another job to do..to help her heal her grief of losing you. That is a big one, but I know you do not want her to suffer so. Please try hard so that some day another sweetheart can be loved by her again. And please remember to take my message to Bailey and Tizzie, okay? I have something to admit. I never really cared for greyhounds until I met you. You were the one who won me over and did it in a big way because I just fell in love with the sweet Shaianne.

Dixie Belle
09-14-2001, 07:32 AM
My heart has gone out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. But your mom is right. She is there, helping the people that have lost their lives. You know, there was an eleven year old boy on the plane that went done in Penn. Maybe God thought he needed someone special to play with?

I'll be praying for you as you deal with your grief. Email me if you need anything.

shais_mom
09-16-2001, 01:31 PM
I just wanted to tell all of you that I am doing much better. I went and visited her grave yesterday and my dad made a cross for her with her name on it. We all cried (mom,dad and I). Yesterday at the county fair, the local humane soc brought in a little (40 lbs) fawn greyhound. She looked just like Shaianne except for she didn't have Shai's pretty face. She was sooooo little!! Skinny. She came from the same place Shai did the coon dog trials in my home county. She was so scared and nervous. A couple people asked me if I was going to go get her, and I said no. She was too much like Shaianne. I don't want to replace her with one that looks just like her. I do want to get another dog but its to soon. I talked to a friend of mine that works at the HS and he said to come in sometime and they would get me fixed up!!!
One of my friends came over last night, and she said its so strange coming into my house without her.
Thank you to all of you who sent me e-cards. They were beautiful. And Aly everyone I show the site too doesn't have a dry eye!! You are awesome.[B]You all are!!! The BEST!

tatsxxx11
09-16-2001, 02:14 PM
Thank you Aly for giving us all a place in which to share our love for Staci and Shaianne.

Staci, please know how much we all loved beautiful Shaianne. What a special girl she is. What a wonderful, loving mom you were to her. Blees you angel Shai. Your light now graces Heaven and all those need your gentleness and love. Love, Sandra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Gio, Staci, and everyone who has lost a precious furkid.
God Bless Our Pets

They say memories are golden
Well, yes, this may be true
I never wished for memories
I only wanted you

A million times I needed you
A million times I cried
If love alone could save you
You never would have died

In life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a special place
No one can ever fill

If tears could build a stairway
And heartache pave a lane
I'd walk the path to heaven
And bring you back again

Our family chain is broken
And nothing seems the same
But as God calls us one by one
The chain will link again

author...
ANNONYMOUS

Daisy's Mom
09-16-2001, 06:36 PM
Staci I am so glad you are doing better. I agree, it is too soon for another dog, but when you are ready, he or she will really help you out. And you always have us here at Pet Talk, hundreds of ready shoulders for you to cry on :)

MHMama
09-16-2001, 08:06 PM
Staci,
I am so sorry about Shaianne. I can only imagine the pain and grief you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this most difficult time.
:(

shais_mom
09-19-2001, 12:31 AM
Just wanted to let all of you know that I am doing better. I still miss her so much it hurts, and if wasn't for this little white furball of an angel in Kylie, I would completely lose my mind. She is so sweet.
I also had to tell you what my nephew said.
When my sister told him about her he asked why (he's 4) and she said " Well Jesus was lonely up in heaven and Shai was sick and we didn't know it, so he decided to take her now so she wouldn't be sick anymore and she would help all the people that died on Tues." He said "OK, well can you tell Aunt Stac that I wanna help her pick out the next one!" Then on Mon I was talking to him and he said "Aunt Stace, are you gonna get another puppy?" I said "Well sometime" I could hear my sister in the background "shhhhh don't say that give her time she is still really sad!" and then he says " And can you get one that Jesus doesn't want?!" My sister felt awful, and I said "Don't worry about it, out of the mouths of babes!!!" He will miss her!!

crow_noir
09-19-2001, 04:19 AM
awwwe! *sniffle* *sniffle* *the smile through the frown look*

karen israel
09-19-2001, 08:14 AM
Same here....weep, weep
Sandra, that poem tore me apart
Oh Stace, everytime I read your posts, I want to cry. I really feel your pain. I look at Cody and just burst into tears just thinking they'll be a time when I have to say farewell. Please take are of yourself. You KNOW Shai knew she was loved to pieces so please never ever worry about that. I'm still thinking about you...Karen

Sudilar
09-19-2001, 02:52 PM
The loss of dear Shai is so heartbreaking. I, too, cry whenever I read the posts here. I really feel for you, Staci. I know how much it hurts and it will for quite a while and never really go away. Two months after the loss of my Avalanche, I went to the kill shelter and adopted Killian. He helped stop the pain. I told myself that Avalanche died so Killian could live (he was on death row).

By the way, I visited the kill shelter yesterday to drop off Shiloh's "Strut Your Mutt" dog walkathon application. There were no dogs there over 2 years old. You know what that means. It was so sad. I saw two lovely dogs there, in particular. I hope someone adopts them!!

Sue

Daisy's Mom
09-19-2001, 07:47 PM
What a sad story! Wow, yeah that got me crying. I am very glad you have your little white angel of a kitty to help you cope. We all love you. Heaven has gained another angel.

Pam
09-19-2001, 08:06 PM
Staci your nephew is precious and what a deep thinker! :) He doesn't want you or him to have to ever go through this again! I hope each day is getting to be a little easier to get through than the day before. I am so glad you have Kylie to love and cling to right now. Some day you will be ready to adopt again but for now take all the time you need to heal. It is not easy. :(

sammi
09-23-2001, 09:53 PM
So sorry about your loss. Just keep remembering that you gave her a good life. It hurt like heck when I lost my last girl. I was kinda unsure about getting another dog. We waited a few months and fall in love with one at the Humane Society! And it was a wise choice! When you feel its right you will know and you have plenty of love for another dog. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.