PDA

View Full Version : another beautiful, and sad poem

bluekat
06-12-2003, 05:43 PM
I found another sad poem, made me want to cry again.
BTW, the last one I posted was this one:
Member of The Family
What would I do without you, my precious furry friend? Part mischief and all blessing, and faithful to the end. You look at me with eyes of love. You never hold a grudge. You think I'm far too wonderful to criticize or judge. It seems your greatest joy in life, is being close to me. I think God knew how comforting, your warm soft fur would be. I know you think you're human, but I'm glad it isn't true. The world would be a better place, if folks were more like you! A few short years is all we have. One day we'll have to part. But you my pet, will always have, a place within my heart.

Here's the other one:
IF IT SHOULD BE....

If it should be that I grow weak, and pain should keep me from my sleep, then you must do what must be done, for this last battle can't be won.
You will be sad-I understand, don't let your grief then stay your hand, for this day more than all the rest, your love and friendship stand the test.
We've had so many happy years, what is to come can hold no fears, you'd not want me to suffer, so, when the time comes, please let me go.
Take me where my needs they'll tend, only stay with me until the end, and hold me firm and speak to me, until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time that you will see it is a kindness you do to me, although my tail its last has waved, from pain and suffering I've been saved.
And please don't grieve, it should be you who has to decide this thing to do.
We've been so close-we two-these years, don't let your heart hold any tears...

Pam
06-12-2003, 05:49 PM
I have seen the second poem before and it is beautiful, but I have never seen the first one. It is absolutely beautiful and I would like to dedicate it to my 4 furry loves, Bella, Ripley, Trevor and Andy. You are my best friends and I love you all! :)