PDA

View Full Version : emergency fund...

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 09:27 AM
about the emergency fund, I love the idea, but who would keep it? I mean, how do we do this, Karen and Paul would be a good choice IF they want to do this...???
I think that would be wonderful, everyone could donate a couple dollars each month, then ,say once there was a certain amount reached, it sould just stay at that amount, til it was used..does that make sense? also- would there have to be votes for who and when it was used, or what? I mean, we all agreed to help Naomi, and we would have to agree to help each person that needed it in the future, right?

any other suggestions?

ramanth
06-12-2003, 09:30 AM
I like the idea and Karen and Paul would be my choice too, if they wanted that kind of responsibility. :)

Kirsten
06-12-2003, 09:34 AM
That's a nice idea, and I also think Karen and Paul should do that - if they want to!

Kirsten

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 09:34 AM
Karen & Paul, what do you think?

K & L
06-12-2003, 09:53 AM
The thoughts and kindness behind this are wonderful. However, I think it could get way too confusing. It is a big responsibility to collect, track and properly distribute the donation funds. In the instances where several people have a problem at the same time who is responsible to oversee suitable distribution of the funds? Who will be accountable for the fund? How will it be audited to protect against abuse or misuse? I believe this should remain a “chat” site where, through advice, humor, and pictures, we provide help where and when it is needed. Solicitation of money requires significant oversight and controls that a chat board does not provide.

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 10:00 AM
K& L
you could be right.. but it is a good idea, if someone can figure it all out?? well what matters now is Bassett...

we could just all keep the few dollars ourselves, set aside, for such things. I think I will just put $5 a month aside in a jar or something...?

Kirsten
06-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Then there are times when several people may have a problem at the same time, who?s the one to determine who gets the donation fund?

But couldn't the fund be splitted in a case like that?

Kirsten

Cataholic
06-12-2003, 11:45 AM
I am with K & L. I think while it is a good idea, in theory, it will be a bad idea in practice. I don't think we should do it...