PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found. :-) He's so cute

Fox-Gal
06-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Well have a new member to my zoo crew. I found him in my flower bed in front of the house. Don't know how he got there, but he's mine now. :D

He still looks a littly ruff, but I'll work on that, just want to give him time to settle down, the fea control was enough for one day.

There another one running around here too, just can't get to him yet. BUT I WILL.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pa8c48ab8bf55f889ae479901c1e4ca90/fbf5e1e2.jpg

neko1
06-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Awww what a cutie!!! Bless you for taking him in and taking care of him:)

Karen
06-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Any sign of mommacat?

NoahsMommy
06-11-2003, 05:29 PM
What a cutie!! :)

Fox-Gal
06-11-2003, 05:30 PM
No signs of the momma cat yet. I'll just have to wait and see. But it doesn't look like the momma took very good care of him. So i'm thinking she just left them. Who knows though.

The other kitty looks big and health compaired to this one. He under my house right now and won't come out. So I set some wet food and water under there for him. I know in time he'll come out.

I thinking that in time I'll try to find a good home for them. If I can't, I'll keep them. It just that will put me a 9 cats. Not sure if husband will go for that. :rolleyes:

bluekat
06-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Awwww, what a cutie! Good luck with him:) and you did a nice thing of taking him in!

Tina
06-11-2003, 06:46 PM
AWWW What a little sweetheart!!!

jenluckenbach
06-11-2003, 07:02 PM
every LIFE should have NINE cats :D

Steffi N
06-11-2003, 07:44 PM
You found a little furry blossom in your flower garden. What a little cutie. Good luck at persuading the other one to come out soon.

rosethecopycat
06-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Thanks for caring about this little one. Is your kitty well? His eyes look a bit glassy in the picture. Does he have a URI? Is he eating? It's so important to keep him eatiing. They need a lot of nutrition, such as KMR (replacement milk)

Best of Luck.

;)

IttyBittyKitty
06-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Awww, what a beautiful baby kitty! I'm sure you'll have no trouble homing him. We want more pics!

HayleyRosie
06-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
every LIFE should have NINE cats :D

:D LOL:D Too cute Jen.

K & L
06-12-2003, 09:07 AM
What a cutie and what a surprise!

ramanth
06-12-2003, 09:12 AM
What a doll. :) Thanks for saving him. :)

catmandu
06-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Thank God there are people like you that will not ignore a little face that is hungry and abandoned , everyone at the library is outraged that they were left behind! good luck on the other cat , but Love will find a way!

catlover4ever
06-12-2003, 10:26 AM
Oh, what a cutie. He/she looks like a little heartbreaker. :eek:

I have a sign in my house that says "My husband says one more cat and he's out of here.....See Ya!" My husband always says NO MORE...then another one comes along and he is just smitten.

http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/6/94/96/76669496SArcYN_th.jpg http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/6/95/94/76669594dAiYqX_th.jpg http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/6/97/82/76669782aFbUsc_th.jpg http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/7/43/76/76674376Rlkxmw_th.jpg http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/7/0/83/76670083bhcRBL_th.jpg

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 10:38 AM
oh how sweet!

rg_girlca
06-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Awww he is adorable, but rosethecopycat, I was thinking the same thing about how this precious little one doesn't look well.
His eyes look watery and his little bottom lip looks a little swollen.
Fox-Gal, have you brought him to a vet yet to get him checked out, as you don't want your other cats to get sick.
Please keep as updated.

kimlovescats
06-12-2003, 09:27 PM
This baby is adorable ... but he does have an upper respiratory infection! He has watery eyes and nasal discharge! That yellow looking stain around his nostrils is discharge! Also kittens eyes shouldn't be watery like that! You need to take him to your vet asap so he can get started on antibiotics, and be sure that he is eating and drinking so that he doesn't get dehydrated! GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

kimlovescats
06-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Hi again!

I just realized that you have other cats in your home!!! You need to keep that kitten away from your other cats, until it has been cleared of it's Upper Respiratory Infection!!! Take from someone who learned the hard way!!!! My cats (17 including my rescues) just all got over being very ill with an URI!!! I had to give antibiotic and steroid shots around the clock for more than 2 weeks, and get the kittens subcutaneous fluids as well. It was a very long, and stressful time!

Good luck!

Fox-Gal
06-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the concern about the kitty and my other cats everyone. Yes I did take the Kitty to the Vet, he is on meds now. I knew he wasn't feeling well when I found him, so that was the first thing I did was call and make an app. with the vet. It had rained here for 4 days so i'm sure he was out in it and that didn't help him any.

I put the Kitten in the screen in room out back, for just that reason, I didn't want my cats to be exposed to anything.

Now the update on the other Kitty and the mommy. Good news and bad.
I did get the other Kitten tonight. Male, cute and a lot better shape then the other one. It's hard to belive that they came from the same mother. One is blonde skinny and the other gray tiger and big and fat. Mean little guy!! :D

The bad news the mother is dead. My husband found her in the back of the property. It looks like something attacked her. There was 3 other kitten dead too.
It really got to me, I can't figure it out. Why would some animal just kill and not feed. I could understand an animal being hungy and having to kill, even though I hate the thought of that, but to just kill. That gets to me worse.:(

Fox-Gal
06-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by catlover4ever
Oh, what a cutie. He/she looks like a little heartbreaker. :eek:

I have a sign in my house that says "My husband says one more cat and he's out of here.....See Ya!" My husband always says NO MORE...then another one comes along and he is just smitten.

LOL I have a sign on my front door that says

Husband and cat missing ........ Reward for cat. :D

he hates it.. :rolleyes:

PetLuvr4Ever
06-13-2003, 12:30 AM
He's a cutie! Glad you found the other kitten too. That's SoOo sad that the momma and other kitties are dead.

Somthing similar happend to me once. It was when I found my cat, Opie. I found him stuck between our fence and our neighbor behinde us' fence. My dad broke one of the fence boards so we could get him out. He had just been born too, because he was wet, had his umbilical cord on, and still had his eyes shut. Well, we took care of him and he's a big o' huge kitty now! The bad news is, that we found out that ALL of his brothers and sisters had died because the mother didn't take very good care of them. :*( Good thing we found Opie!

kimlovescats
06-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the update! So glad you got the baby to the vet... GREAT JOB!!! :)

How horrible to find the mom and other 3 babies dead.... that must have been very hard for you ... I'm so sorry! Thank God you found her chubby brother though!;)

You know we need more pics too, please!

rg_girlca
06-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Fox_gal, I am so glad that you were aware of the kitty being sick and got her to the vet quickly.
I am so sadden to hear about the momma and her other babies.

Glad you were able to capture her brother.
Now of course we need a picture of him also. Can't play favorites. LOL.
Good Job Fox_gal.

Cataholic
06-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Fox-gal,
Oh, I am so sad right now about the momma and her kittens. RIP little family.:(

I am glad you rescued the other two. Good luck with them.