PDA

View Full Version : "Judge" Judy

Kfamr
06-11-2003, 03:35 PM
I was watching the poor excuse of a judge, "Judge" Judy on tv today...
The case was of a young lady trying to get her dog back from her ex boyfriend, the ex boyfriend wanting some of his things back as well. The dog was a 2 year old American Pit Bull Terrier named Kharma. The girl says the boyfriend bought it for her as a gift. On the other hand the boyfriend [who totally looks like a drugged out useless piece of junk, waste of human flesh] says he bought it for his 5 year old son. Yeah, lets all go out and buy a 5 year old a dog, let alone a Pit Bull who is probably 5 times more muscular than the kid. So, it was all well, the "judge" said that the girl could get her dog back as long as he gets his property back, if not the judge said "You should get a dog, a smart dog peferably NOT a Pit Bull" WHAT IN THE ****!?!?! Is exactly what i said. Why someone so professional and at a high rank would say something degrading such a wonderful animal. It totally pissed me off.Exspecially on national [ or wherever the the show broadcasts at ] television. I turned the tv off and just cried for a few minutes. People make me so angry. I'm sure "Judge" Judy just made the hole even deeper for Pit Bulls and other "bullie" breeds. Morons like her is what started it all in the first place.

Sorry i just had to vent. It really made me angry and upset. :mad: :mad: :( :(

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-11-2003, 04:36 PM
I never liked her.

Pam
06-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Yeah, lets all go out and buy a 5 year old a dog, let alone a Pit Bull who is probably 5 times more muscular than the kid.

KayAnn, I think you hit the nail on the head. I am not defending Judge Judy; in fact I don't ever watch her, but I thought that maybe, in her defense, she thought this dog was inappropriate for a 5 year old. From the description of the young man who purchased this dog, I would doubt that he had the child's interest at heart. God only knows where he got the dog and even cared about the background of the dog for that matter. I am not flaming pit bulls. Unfortunately quite a few young men look at this breed differently than you and I. It has become almost a "macho" thing to have a pit bull with some of these guys. I am sorry that Judge Judy worded her statement in such a way, but I can certainly understand her concern for a 5 year old. I am a grandmom and my daughter is about to bring a puppy into her home. My grandson is 2 and I am, of course, very concerned about what type of dog will be around my grandson. I don't think, from the sound of what I am reading, that this young man really cared very much. Sadly, unfortunately the same old song came up in regard to pit bulls. I really do wish that some heroic pits would make the news now and then. Unfortunately it is only the bad stories that we hear and incite these punks to buy these dogs. Sigh...

Kfamr
06-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Pam
she thought this dog was inappropriate for a 5 year old.

I understand what you're saying, but she was speaking to the young lady when she said the thing aobut Pit Bulls.

GoldenRetrLuver
06-11-2003, 05:49 PM
I never liked her either...she probaly doesnt know the first thing about pit bulls, and just thinks there bad because of their HORRIBLE rep...very sad....go ahead and vent...:(

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-11-2003, 09:01 PM
I saw that show too... She made me mad too cause she ended up not letting the girl have the dog back and the girl cried.. and the guy obviously didn't care about the dog...:mad:

and she must be ignorant to pit bulls... her and her husband have really small dogs.... shih tzus I think..... some people are just prejudiced to certain breeds and it is VERY SAD!!!:(

marysmerrycats
06-11-2003, 10:48 PM
pretty stupid statement for someone with a college education and law degree... guess they didn't include common sense and courtesy in the ole law books hey Judy? I like her show, not everyday but sometimes, but that was mean to say.

how about Judge, ...ah geeze I can't remember her name, the red head, young judge, she thinks she is so funny, I swear she is trying to be a comedian!

Judge Wapner, now he was an old grouch! had been on the bench way too long and got grouchy!

NoahsMommy
06-11-2003, 11:40 PM
I'm sure she meant that the decision to buy the dog for a child was stupid, not that the dog was stupid.

I watch her a lot and she doesn't make hollow statements unless she can back them up.

Have you ever watched her show before that episode?

catlady1945
06-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Why doesn't the women get a child-appropriate dog?

primabella
06-12-2003, 04:50 PM
I never liked Judge Judy. These judges in the spotlight...it's so silly. Ignore her. She's a 'judge'. She'll only be looking at the records of what Pits 'have done' that give them such a bad rep and stick by them. What was just wrong was how she is making it all more public then it already is. :mad:

primabella
06-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by catlady1945
Why doesn't the women get a child-appropriate dog?

Do you mean after the case or before?

Originally posted by KayAnn

The case was of a young lady trying to get her dog back from her ex boyfriend, the ex boyfriend wanting some of his things back as well. The dog was a 2 year old American Pit Bull Terrier named Kharma. The girl says the boyfriend bought it for her as a gift. On the other hand the boyfriend [who totally looks like a drugged out useless piece of junk, waste of human flesh] says he bought it for his 5 year old son.

If you mean before, you can see here that her boyfriend was the one who got the dog in the first place.

marysmerrycats
06-15-2003, 03:42 AM
not all pit bulls are mean... i knew someone with one and she was just as gentle as could be.

conniesmom
06-17-2003, 08:16 AM
I am new and at the risk of every one freaking out I am gonna disagree on this subject....

I happen to personally love Judge Judy, (she is by the way nationally syndicated) and never miss her show.

She is a very sensible person on many matters.

She has pets of her own and usually rules on the side that will be best for the animal.

But... She has an opinion and is entitled to it. Albeit, it may not be correct.

She may be acting on what she has heard, or observed about the breed in question and that is all she has to go on... Her frame of reference. Just like you can only go by what you know and that happens to be that Am Pits are WONDERFUL dogs! Which by the way I happen to agree with!

Lets not "judge" her for one silly comment. Remember some people are scared of chahuahuas!

Kfamr
06-17-2003, 12:17 PM
I still think it was wrong on her part to "diss" Pit Bulls on national television. She could have chosen better ways to put her statements about them, like others have said "Child appropriate". Pit Bulls are not meant for first time dog owners nor meant for 5 year old children.

Rottieluver45
06-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I was watching the poor excuse of a judge, "Judge" Judy on tv today...
The case was of a young lady trying to get her dog back from her ex boyfriend, the ex boyfriend wanting some of his things back as well. The dog was a 2 year old American Pit Bull Terrier named Kharma. The girl says the boyfriend bought it for her as a gift. On the other hand the boyfriend [who totally looks like a drugged out useless piece of junk, waste of human flesh] says he bought it for his 5 year old son. Yeah, lets all go out and buy a 5 year old a dog, let alone a Pit Bull who is probably 5 times more muscular than the kid. So, it was all well, the "judge" said that the girl could get her dog back as long as he gets his property back, if not the judge said "You should get a dog, a smart dog peferably NOT a Pit Bull" WHAT IN THE ****!?!?! Is exactly what i said. Why someone so professional and at a high rank would say something degrading such a wonderful animal. It totally pissed me off.Exspecially on national [ or wherever the the show broadcasts at ] television. I turned the tv off and just cried for a few minutes. People make me so angry. I'm sure "Judge" Judy just made the hole even deeper for Pit Bulls and other "bullie" breeds. Morons like her is what started it all in the first place.

Sorry i just had to vent. It really made me angry and upset. :mad: :mad: :( :(

I watched that!!! It was sooooo stupid I HATE Judge Judy!

carole
06-19-2003, 08:27 PM
I try and watch Judge Judy every night,at 5.30pm, i think she can be a very rude person and really plays up to the cameras, but hey thats why i watch the show, its entertaining, whereas i dont always agree with her decisions, she assumes she is always right about everyone and tells them so,nevertheles the show is good to watch.
To be honest when i went to small claims court to get my piano back off my husbands relative, i could have done with someone like judge judy, im certain she would have given them a good telling off, even though i won my case, the judge was too nicey nicey .

tikeyas_mom
06-20-2003, 11:06 PM
I never saw this epasode, But I think judge Judy is the funniest show. I love it. I watch it everyday lol .. I dont know how I missed this one.. :confused:. I this she is just funny, she says everything she thinks and doesnt care.. I think it is funny how she calls ppl names lol.