PDA

View Full Version : Cats Scared of a Little Kitten...

PayItForward
06-11-2003, 02:07 PM
It appears that my cats are unsure of what Bramble is.

Milly thinks about stalking Bramble and then decides to run away.

Whereas George, Milo & Treacle are scared stiff of her.

Try & picture a tiny kitten running over to my George. George freaks and runs around the living room followed by Bramble running as fast as she could. I couldn't stop laughing but I had to rescue George from this scary beast.

Treacle was sleeping on the hammock level of the cat tree. Bramble climbed into his hammock, Treacle took one look at her and literally jumped ONTO the TV to get away from her.

So my question is......

Do my cats know Bramble is another cat ?

Any advice in educating kitties would be gratefully received.

Prairie Purrs
06-11-2003, 02:17 PM
Oh, those poor big boys, scared of a little bitty girl kitty!

I would imagine they'll figure it out eventually.

:D

Cataholic
06-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Sure, those big kitties know Bramble is a little kitty. They just don't know what to make of her, thats all. Unlike doggies, most cats are not confrontational...they don't have that same sort of territorial drive. So, when given the choice to fight or flee, they will prolly flee. I imagine within a week or two, the bigs won't be scared of the little. Then you have a whole nother set of questions to ask us...he he he..

jenluckenbach
06-11-2003, 03:00 PM
LOL......LOL.........LOL...........LOL
sorry, I guess that's not much help

snicker, snicker:D

PayItForward
06-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Just wait then....OK

The older kitties watch little Bramble with wary interest but if she heads towards them its just too much.

A bit like my attitude toward large spiders. If they are over there fine. Running towards me, not fine. Mmm I'm a bit bigger than spiders too. Maybe I shouldn't laugh at my cats.

Russian Blue
06-11-2003, 03:40 PM
*** lots of giggles *** I'm not much help either!

Hmmmm...maybe try rubbing the other cats down with a towel that has the kitten scent on it. I think it's the same fear that Nakita had of little kids. Nakita was terrified that something was down on her level of existence.

;)

catland
06-11-2003, 04:18 PM
Question - when George ran out of the room, was he fast, or going just slow enough so that little Bramble could keep up with him? If he was slower, then they were just playing "chase".

PayItForward
06-11-2003, 04:29 PM
George has only one speed. LOL

Good news
George braved the living room and sat 6" from Bramble. She tried to be tough, walking sideways & stiff legged towards him !?!

But as they got closer she relaxed and they had a friendly nose sniff. George is sleeping peacefully in the cat tree and Bramble is rolling around in her laundry basket.

Milly, Milo or Treacle were last seen sulking in garden because of Bramble. Silly kitties.

bluekat
06-11-2003, 05:52 PM
LOL!:D
I'm glad to hear that they're getting used to each other. Just be happy that it wasn't the other way around, big cats chasing the little one.
But very soon, I'm sure they'll get used to Bramble :)

Prairie Purrs
06-11-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward

George braved the living room and sat 6" from Bramble. She tried to be tough, walking sideways & stiff legged towards him !?!
Oh, I love it when kittens do the "big cat" routine! It's the very essence of catitude! :D

NoahsMommy
06-11-2003, 11:23 PM
:D :D :D :D

hee hee....too cute!

What about trying to get them to play together? Is there a toy any of the older cats just cannot resist??

shais_mom
06-12-2003, 12:15 AM
ahem~~~~
Am I the only one that is gonna ask?
Where are the pics of this meeting?! :D

PayItForward
06-12-2003, 03:59 AM
I have attached the short film of George & Bramble initial friendly meeting.

EDIT Removed Link, as it doesn't work

None of the other cats have been close enough for photos (yet).

Vio&Juni
06-12-2003, 04:21 AM
HE-HE-HE-HE-HE-HE!

I love when kittens (big cats also) are doing the I-am-the-biggest-and-scariest-wild-cat-in-the-whole-world! I call that Squirrel pose.

PayItForward
06-12-2003, 06:50 AM
I call that Squirrel pose

LOL

It also reminds me of a John Wayne cowboy walk. :D

catmandu
06-12-2003, 09:42 AM
When I sometimes kitten sit it is funny to see how scared even Moose the magnificent is of the kittens! Methinks rather they are afraid of the kittens energy anf that the kittens rea fast and unpredictable!R&T used to run unto the top of the fridge and leap unto Mooses head! lot a lot of fun! For Poor Moose!

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 09:48 AM
rofl:D that is sooo funny! they don't like the little sneaky girl sneaking up on them! well I think they will adjust to her soon enough.

ramanth
06-12-2003, 10:38 AM
I downloaded the file and when I went to unzip it it said there was nothing in the folder. :(

PayItForward
06-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Mmm. I get Steve to look at the film later (he's the techical person)