PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #6

momoffuzzyfaces
06-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Just puttin' my order in early. The cats want catnip tea again. They've been good boys this week, so I'll agree. (They even 'helped' defrost the freeze today). So 3 catnip teas, please. I would like a big old iced tea with lime, a big old cheeseburger and onion rings. How 'bout some apple pie for dessert?:D

Aspen and Misty
06-11-2003, 01:21 PM
I'll take a hot Coco with marshmellows please :D

Ash

RICHARD
06-11-2003, 01:33 PM
thanks, it makes it easier when you preorder....
:)

wolflady
06-11-2003, 01:52 PM
LOL LOL I have missed all the Thursdays, up until now, so I'm going to be sure to pre-order this time! Due to the stress of job search, I would like a Long Island Iced Tea....and keep em coming!! :rolleyes: :D LOL LOL :o Anyone want to join me?

Logan
06-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Don't suppose you're hiring, are you, Richard?? Wolflady and I need a job!!! :D And I don't want to move!!! Can you fill that order??

If not, I'll take the "house specialty".......just no brown liquor and no coconut. :o

RICHARD
06-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Don't suppose you're hiring, are you, Richard?? Wolflady and I need a job!!! :D And I don't want to move!!! Can you fill that order??

If not, I'll take the "house specialty".......just no brown liquor and no coconut. :o

why yes!
the pay ain't that great but the hours are good and you'll go home happy.....

no brown liquor...and lol i WAS looking at the coconuts in the produce section this morning!

Logan
06-11-2003, 02:00 PM
:eek:

catland
06-11-2003, 02:01 PM
What a difference a week can make - last week it 97 degrees F here, (36C), and now we're back to overcast and 62F (16C). So no icy/slushy drinks for me.

Has the DOTD been selected yet?

Aspen and Misty
06-11-2003, 02:18 PM
I think its a High 60 today :rolleyes: Hottest its been this summer to. LOL

Ash

RICHARD
06-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by catland

Has the DOTD been selected yet?

we have a coconut ban for this week....

suggestions?

lizbud
06-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Richard,

I'd like to pre order a Baileys Irish Creame & coffee please.
Oh, btw, have you heard this one;

> Subject: little pet

This guy was lonely and so he decided life would be more fun if he had a pet. So he went to the pet store and told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet. After some discussion, he finally bought a centipede (100-legged bug), which came in a little white box to use for his house.

He took the box back home, found a good location for it and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to the bar to have a drink.

So he asked the centipede in the box, "Would you like to go to Frank's with me and have a beer?" But there was no answer from his new pet.
This bothered him a bit, but he waited a few minutes and then asked him again, "How about going to the bar and having a drink with me.
But again, there was no answer from his new friend and pet. So he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation. He decided to ask him one more time; this time putting his face up against the centipede's house, shouting,......."Hey, in there!

Would you like to go to Frank's place and have a drink with me?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >Scroll down!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > A little voice came out of the box:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >"I heard you the first time! I'm putting on my shoes."

> > >

:D

wolflady
06-11-2003, 04:00 PM
LOL LOL Lizbud! :D

Actually, now that you mentioned the Baileys Irish Creame and coffee, I think I would like one of those too...after a couple of Long Islands, of course!
It has been quite chilly here too! It's overcast and around 60 degrees today. A warm beverage sounds good....

Hey Logan, should we look into working for Richard. Good side job, eh? ;) :D :o I'm all about going home happy....:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
06-11-2003, 04:01 PM
LOL!!!!!!! lizbud:D :D
Logan & Wolflady if you worked for Richard, you'd only have to work on Thurdays when the bar was opened!!! 'Course, it may be a long day. I'm not sure when the bar closes.:D

neko1
06-11-2003, 04:06 PM
OK I've also missed all of the Thursday threads, but with all the wedding stuff going on I definately need to join in this week!!!

I'll take a midori sour please:) :cool:

wolflady
06-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by neko1
OK I've also missed all of the Thursday threads, but with all the wedding stuff going on I definately need to join in this week!!!

OMG!! Another person who likes Midori sours!! Those were my absolute favorite drink in college. That was always my drink of choice on penny beer night. They had the best deal on the mini-pitchers...and I always got a midori sour mini pitcher. I think I'll wait till next thurs for a mini-pitcher of midori sour, but would you like to join me?

LOL momoffuzzyfaces! Hmm...gotta cover both the east and west coast, so it's gotta at least be open until 2am PST! :eek: I can cover the west coast shift for Thurs night, Richard! Logan can cover the east coast shift! :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-11-2003, 04:17 PM
How about a Grasshopper? (Never had one but I remember my parents fixing them!) The centipede would like them I'm sure....

neko1
06-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
OMG!! Another person who likes Midori sours!! Those were my absolute favorite drink in college. That was always my drink of choice on penny beer night. They had the best deal on the mini-pitchers...and I always got a midori sour mini pitcher. I think I'll wait till next thurs for a mini-pitcher of midori sour, but would you like to join me?

Definately!!! I know I'll need one then too, cause the wedding will only be 2 days away:eek:

Miss Meow
06-11-2003, 04:48 PM

Oh my god, I saw this thread and was thinking, hmmm, a Midori and dry would be just perfect!!! :) An extra glass with that pitcher please, Richard!

catland
06-11-2003, 04:57 PM
I've never tried a Midori - but there is a first time for everything. Richard, please accept this as my drink order. What time does the bar open tomorrow?

and give Neko1 a double!

RICHARD
06-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Oh my god, I saw this thread and was thinking, hmmm, a Midori and dry would be just perfect!!! :) An extra glass with that pitcher please, Richard!

see......

we are all on the same wavelength.....

done!

iceyshiver21
06-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Could i pre-order a Hot Choco for my 1500 post?? :D

RICHARD
06-11-2003, 06:23 PM
edwina...

done!

catland...

are you in for a treat!!

neko, a triple!

icey,

yes, you get chocolate!!!

congrats!

(so how's vacation????)

mugsy
06-11-2003, 06:58 PM
I'll just take a diet Dr. Pepper. I'm not in the mood for anything alcoholic. Have fun this week!! :)

lbaker
06-12-2003, 07:30 AM
I've been sick for over a week now and totally out of it so let me get caught up... what's the drink of the day? Anything special? Bad sore throat and laryngytis (sp?) so maybe a hot toddy would feel good. What is a hot toddy anyway, oh nevermind - sounds comforting. GACK, the meds are making me tired so an Irish coffee might help keep me awake. If not, I probably wont care anyway. sheeesh. I make a very bad sick person. A real grumpus, sorry.
Laurie

lizbud
06-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Laurie,

Hot Toddy
Chef: Marguerite from Launceston

Degree of difficulty: Low
Preparation time:10 minutes

You need:
Whisky, Rum or Brandy
Good dash of lemon juice
Little bit of sugar
Top it up with hot water

Method:
Mix together and drink, helps you if you can’t sleep

I like to use a good Irish ( a bit of redundancy) whiskey, lemon
juice and honey. Helps to soothe the throat. :D Hope you feel
better.:)

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 11:15 AM
drinks are up....

lbaker,

would an Italian with laryngitis not be able to type???:)

liz,
thank you for filling in!!!!!

happy thursday everyone!

emily_the_spoiled
06-12-2003, 11:57 AM
I was just thinking about Richard's Thursdays and boy do I need one this week... as with wolflady and others the job search is stalling. But enough of that, it is finally decent on the East Coast (i.e. no rain during the day anymore :cool: ), so I think I would like to celebrate with a Long Island Ice Tea

thanks in advance;)

lbaker
06-12-2003, 12:03 PM
RICHARD

would an Italian with laryngitis not be able to type? dunno, are vegetarians allowed to eat animal crackers?:confused:

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 12:06 PM
emily....

done!

laurie,

why am i afraid to answer???? lol

Midori Punch
Punch

Recipe: Ice, 1 bottle Midori (700ml), 1 bottle Vodka (700ml), 375ml lemonade, 375ml soda water, honeydew melon balls, kiwi fruit slices, blood oranges slices
Half-fill a punch bowl or jug with ice. Pour over Midori, vodka, lemonade and soda water, stir. Add fruit.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-12-2003, 12:25 PM
...Is it too late for beer??? :confused: :confused: :D :D

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
...Is it too late for beer??? :confused: :confused: :D :D

LATE???? FOR BEER??????

never.......can, bottle or draft?

lbaker
06-12-2003, 12:34 PM
why not a keg? pass the pickled pigs feet and buy the piano player a beer on me :o

momoffuzzyfaces
06-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
What is a hot toddy anyway, oh nevermind - sounds comforting.
Laurie
Way back when I was a kid, Dad would fix us hot toddies when we had bad colds. He used whisky, hot water, lemon and honey. Sure made us feel better. Probably made Dad and Mom feel better too because it knocked us out for a good nights sleep. Of course ours were more water with a dash of whisky!:D

catland
06-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

happy thursday everyone!

and a happy Thursday to you!

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-12-2003, 01:19 PM
BOTTLE, please! ;) :D

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by I Love Brian, Forever <3
BOTTLE, please! ;) :D
done!

zippy-kat
06-12-2003, 01:50 PM
How about a rhetorical analysis -- brimming to the top with A+, please!!!

PS I need it by midnight cst on Monday!

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
How about a rhetorical analysis -- brimming to the top with A+, please!!!

shaken or stirred???

lol,
there was a car repair shop across from the facility i worked at that had a huge sign that said, "TUNE UP WITH THE ANALYZER"

lysis, in med jargon is "to destroy"....

so there are a few jokes in there someplace....
(they become more apparent as you have more drinks!)

zippy-kat
06-12-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
lysis, in med jargon is "to destroy"....

in academia as well. grades, mostly. :rolleyes:

shaken or stirred...just make sure it's an A!

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
in academia as well. grades, mostly. :rolleyes:

shaken or stirred...just make sure it's an A!

give me a sec.........let's map out your academic
future....i'm part cartographer. lololol

'A', on it's way...

momoffuzzyfaces
06-12-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm getting parched!!! Can I have a big old cherry limeaide with a couple of cherries tossed in for garnish? It's in the 80s and I'm feeling tropical!:D

slick
06-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Well, here I am on holidays and sitting in an Internet Cafe. I was going into withdrawal. Will only be on for about 20 min. Don't bother with the drink Richard. I'm driving today. But I will suggest a toast for Bassett. Just came from the Critical Care Group and they've collected just over $1,000 for Bassett. Yeah!!! Let's toast to Bassett and Naomi.

wolflady
06-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Definately!!! I know I'll need one then too, cause the wedding will only be 2 days away:eek:

It's a date! LOL Wow! The big day is getting close!! How exciting!! You know we're all going to be asking for pics from the big day and honeymoon. I'm sorry if you've already mentioned it, but where are you going on your honeymoon!!

I think this also calls for a Kamikazi shot for ya!! :D :o Let's make next Thursday Bachelorette night Free drinks for the bride to be! :D LOL LOL

Here here to Bassett and Naomi too this Thursday! We're still praying for you! Great idea slick!

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 03:31 PM

I think this also calls for a Kamikazi shot for ya!! :D :o Let's make next Thursday Bachelorette night Free drinks for the bride to be! :D LOL LOL

Here here to Bassett and Naomi too this Thursday! We're still praying for you! Great idea slick!

moff,
oh man, that sounds good!!!

done!

squeezie,

ain't we the cats pajamas!!
you got it!!!!! done!

wolf lady,

ahhhh....you may have to bartend and get the enetertainment lined up for that day.....

done!

Barbara
06-12-2003, 04:45 PM
Hi Michelle, nice to meet you in the bar! One more week of free life:D
And BTW a whisky for me purrreaaz! (Sorry need it tonite)

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
Hi Michelle, nice to meet you in the bar! One more week of free life:D
And BTW a whisky for me purrreaaz! (Sorry need it tonite)

no need to apologize for wanting liquor!!!!!

one whiskey!!!

done!

neko1
06-12-2003, 05:02 PM
It's a date! LOL Wow! The big day is getting close!! How exciting!! You know we're all going to be asking for pics from the big day and honeymoon. I'm sorry if you've already mentioned it, but where are you going on your honeymoon!!

St. Lucia- yeah!!!!!:D

Barbara
06-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Here's to Bassett and Naomi, but also to Juni Rose, peacemaker at Camp Vermont.

lizbud
06-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Holy Moley, Juni Rose is here?:eek: I'd better to get over
to the Cat section...:D :D

oh, I did want to raise a glass to the memory of one of my
most favorite actors of all time, Gregory Peck. May he rest
in peace.:(

Barbara
06-13-2003, 04:57 AM
Lizbud, although it is morning here I also have to raise the glass in honour of Gregory Peck, the man with the most charming smile ever:D :D

And look for Juni Rose under Cat Breeds:)

lizbud
06-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Thanks Barbara, I checked Cat general,health,rescue &
behavior & didn't find her. Don't often check breeds b/c I
know so little about specific breeds, just love cats in general.:D
I'll read about Juni now.

catland
06-13-2003, 11:36 AM
Thanks for another great Thursday everyone. Richard - as always, you were a wonderful host.

Don't forget, next week is Neko's bachelorette party!