PDA

View Full Version : This is a sad tip...

lotrfreak
06-10-2003, 05:32 PM
My catfancy calendar tells me a tip today... It tells me the the kind of healthy cat i should look for when adopting. It is very sad. it says not to adopt any drooling kitties or any without white teeth and such. how is that sad, you ask? No one will adopt the kitties who r drooling. they need a home too....:(

AmberLee
06-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Hmmm, well... Only if everyone reads that tip and follows it's advice.

Or am I missing something (not a first if so, sadly). :confused: :rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
06-10-2003, 06:41 PM
lotr, the only thing I can think is that perhaps drooling is a sign of illness?? And the "majority" of people looking to adopt a pet isn't looking for a bundle of health problems to committ to. Sad?YES! Albeit, human nature :(

ChloeLove
06-10-2003, 07:40 PM
I agree, they need a home as well, but the people who adopt it should expect a heap of vet bills, and most people when adopting are looking for a companion who is healthy and will have a long life.

Tonya
06-11-2003, 01:04 AM
When I got Ron, he had the most severe Kennel Cough, and then he gave it to Raven. They were in horrible shape! I had to put them on IV's. Rosco (pit-sharpei) had parvo. He cost me a ton of money. Luckily the other pup I had, Ricky (queensland heeler), didn't get the parvo.

lotrfreak
06-11-2003, 12:03 PM
that is sad too. I just cant help think of the poor sick kitties who have to deal with being sick AND having no owner to be with:(
I always hate it when i see stray kitties or kitties in the pound or any animal for that matter. It is so sad.:(

HoRsELUvR
06-11-2003, 04:03 PM
I would adopt a cat that had something like a cough or drooling problems because those cats need to be cared for.

CathyBogart
06-11-2003, 07:10 PM
I am not taking another four legged vet bill into my home knowingly. Ratties are expensive pets and can rake in vet bills like nothing else, so I would NOT introduce a sick animal into my home if I could help it. My soft spot is for older pets. Right now we're looking for a second dog, and my eye is on this little boy, Magic:

http://www.narfrescue.org/animals/dogs/foster_home/lindap/print/magic.jpg

He's eight years old, and healthy! Unfortunately we're not looking at getting a dog for a few more weeks. Hopefully he's still available for adoption when the time comes!

lotrfreak
06-12-2003, 11:33 AM
he is cute:)