PDA

View Full Version : Iditarod

Corinna
03-03-2001, 03:47 PM
Merlin here; well mom just got off of the live webcast of the start of the race. There were so different looking dogs. All of them looked very athletic(not a sofa spud like me) They are going to have different live broadcasts during the race. So every body pull for Doug Swingly and Cindy Gallea (montanas own)And check out www.iditarod.com (http://www.iditarod.com) Gotta go play in my own snow Later

RachelJ
03-04-2001, 09:51 AM
I read in the paper that for the first mile of the race the dog sleds can take a passenger and that a little boy with leukemia got to ride because of the Make a Wish Foundation.

Corinna
03-04-2001, 10:09 AM
The program is called Iditarider they bid on the chance and every racer takes one. Jeff King always takes some one from the make a wish program. He even flies out to met the rider and share the iditarod story and how it all comes to geather. I can't wait I hope to fly up next year and watch the race . I have freinds and business assc. along most of the route. I may even volenteer (if merlin can do with out me for a few days, I think he'll go camping at his two girlfreinds house next door.) I love to ride on the sleds have a friend whos business is rides 70+ dogs and it's the cleanest place I have never seen a pile around and he just (in a normal voice) quiet and not another peep!! I can't get the sofa spud to not bark at the nieghbor.
Hope you can see more of the race coverage, I have a stiff neck today from watching it yesterday. I'm short , hubby and son both 6'and above the get the stuff set for them and little 5' me can't get comfy. Corinna