PDA

View Full Version : Pet Star is looking for stars

Paul
06-10-2003, 10:08 AM
   Pet Star is coming to Boston this Sunday! I think Karen and I are going to try to be there just to watch! Pet Star is a wonderful program on the cable TV channel Animal Planet. I spoke to Debra Carroll from the company that produces Pet Star. They are looking for pets with special talents to perform on their show. If you do not have Animal Planet you may watch the videos of the some of the winners at their website (http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/petstar/winners.html). Of course, we know every pet is special.

Here is their info:

Is your Pet Star material?

Animal Planet's Pet Star is getting ready for its second season, and we're looking for your brilliant, adorable, hysterical pets!

All animals are eligible. If you've got a dog that jumps rope, a pig that dances, or a bird that roller skates, we want to hear from you!

We'll fly you and your pet to Hollywood to meet Mario Lopez and compete in front of a live studio audience for a chance at $25,000!

Show the world your pet's a star! Don't delay! Tell your friends!

Email or call us today, and you and your pet could be on your way to Hollywood to compete for $25,000.

Email ([email protected]) or call the hotline (323) 463 5040

June 15 — Boston, Massachusetts
Dog Day Afternoons
11a.m. - 2p.m.
1011 Harrison Ave, Boston, MA 02119.
Directions at DogDayAfternoons (DogDayAfternoons.org)

June 22 — San Diego, California
June 28 — Nashville, Tennessee
June 29 — Long Beach, California
August 3 — Chicago, Illinois
August 9 — Seattle, Washington
October 12 — Somerset, New Jersey
October 26 — San Francisco, California

or Send a tape

Send us a VHS tape of your animal performing his or her amazing trick. If we think you're eligible to be on the show, we'll contact you.

Pet Star
PO Box 2900
Toluca Lake, CA 91610

See their website (http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/petstar/getonshow.html) for more info.

Paul

Logan
06-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Hope you can take pictures, Paul, of all those who turn out! It is a neat show, and something our whole family enjoys watching. Those shows are few and far between, so we definitely enjoy them when they come around!! Have fun this weekend and let us know how it goes!!! :)

Freckles
06-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Paul
   Pet Star is coming to Boston this Sunday! If you do not have Animal Planet you may watch the videos of the some of the winners at their website (http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/petstar/winners.html).
      Paul

This is your chance to see Skidboot in action!:)

cheshirecat
06-10-2003, 12:52 PM
This is one of the better shows on TV. Skidboot is an awesome dog!
I hope to see more cats this season.

wolfsoul
06-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Wish I could take Frisco...*sigh*...:(

Kfamr
06-11-2003, 03:47 PM
I see alot of guests are viewing this page, probably getting it off from the main PetOfTheDay....

Anyone who is viewing this and isn't a member to Pet Talk, You should join!!:D

primabella
06-12-2003, 08:12 AM
If only Mickey had some sort of talent! :rolleyes: He can slam dunk! lol Oh well...

I would love to meet Mario Lopez. He was Slater on Saved by the Bell! lol Loved that show ;) Good ol' days...

Jessica12345
06-13-2003, 02:50 PM
oh! :eek: boston? maybe i could go!:eek: :)

Karen
06-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Where do you live?

hey_hey_sup
06-14-2003, 04:35 AM
I think skidboot done a REALLY good performance. I just hope that he wind the 25k...He is the best I have saw so far and the owner of him had to put a lot of time into it as welll as all the hard work skidboot has done:)

primabella
06-14-2003, 09:23 AM
I thought Skidboot did win :confused:

Karen
06-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Skidboot did win the $25,000! He was an amazingly odebient, smart dog, understood every nuance of the behavior his owner commended! He was the winner of the first season, which is done. This will be auditions for the next season, so a whole new group of animals trying to be the STAR!

lovemyshiba
06-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Wow!!!
That's cool!!!
I would love to see the animals in action--I hope you can get some pictures!!!!

puppygrrl4eva7
06-23-2003, 01:41 AM
That sounds like a great oppurtunity, I wish I could go just to see the pets perform. But I just have to say something did ya see the list of states they are visiting? Not Ohio you know why because Ohio is a cruddy old crap hole that no one ever thinks about, nothing good ever happened in Ohio, as soon as I'm old enough I'm moving to New York or California or Florida! Lol Boycott Ohio!!