PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to do with dogs sort of

oodlesofpoodles
06-10-2003, 08:09 AM
This really has nothing to do with dogs, but in one way does. Some of you may remember in one of my earlier post that I was maybe going to have two long term guests in my home. The man that I babysit his dogs was going to be deployed. Well his orders got changed and he didn't have to go to war. But I still baby sit his dogs. He went home on leave, and when he came back, he seemed different. He asked if I had eaten and would I like tohave dinner with him. (Now people I have Liked him for a year so) Of course I said yes. At dinner he said that he and his mother had a long talk about me. Which I have met his mother. she came down when he had knee surgery. I just looked at him and asked about what. He says that he had wanted to go out with me for a long time but was afraid if it didn/t work out that he would loose the person that takes care of his dogs. His mother told him that he should just do it that she knew that i would remain friends with him if it didnt work out that I loved his dogs to much. ANd she told him that she liked me. well I guess if things keep going the way they are going. I will also be mommy to a golden and a lab. 8 dogs 2 cats, oh my. He is a Lt.Col in the army and a A.K.C. agility judge. and obe trainer.

Sooooooooo to make a long story short I am no longer just the dog sitter. I am the girlfriend. All good things come to those who wait.

the only problem is who will babysit the dogs now. No worries my friend Kelly the breeder of my riley. SHe has a wonderful kennel and agility field, all 8 dogs and 2 cats are welcome at her kennel. and she said this with the biggest smile on her face.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Pam
06-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Well love can come just when you aren't expecting it! It sounds to me that we might have a budding romance here on Pet Talk. You two certainly have a lot in common and obviously find each other attractive. I think it can only get better from here! I am so happy for you! Please do keep us posted. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
06-10-2003, 09:04 AM
Just one word....WOW!

ramanth
06-10-2003, 09:16 AM
What a great story!!!

How sweet that dogs brought you together. :D

robinh
06-10-2003, 09:19 AM
Cool!! That is a really great story!
:D

micki76
06-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Well, I’d wondered why I hadn’t seen you posting lately! Know I know why - you’ve been a busy woman! That’s just wonderful news. He sounds like a great man, worried about losing you for his dogs, and that he talked to his mother about it!
Best of luck and keep us updated on the romance. ;)

LoudLou
06-10-2003, 09:46 AM
Awwwwwwwwwww, the power of pets!!!! Best of luck in your new romance.
My husband and I met because of my cat... He was my neighbor.... I couldn't stand him or his music (:rolleyes: )...that was almost 7 years ago.... the cat is now "Daddy's Little Princess"! Awwwww, the Power of those furry little Cupid's!;)
Very happy for you.:)

ChloeLove
06-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Dogs really *are* man (and women's!) best friends! Especially when they bring two people together! :D

Cisco's Mom
06-10-2003, 05:56 PM
I bet the pups had this all worked out way ahead of time!!:rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
06-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Awww!!! It seems like a lovly love story! AWWWW!!

Ash

gkristian
06-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Great story.
Thanks for sharing

wolfsoul
06-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Awwww, that's sooo cute! :D ;) :) I'm so happy for you! Wow, and you got a dog guy!!! A dog guy!! lol, nothing better ;) He has an amazing job, judging for agility and obedience :eek: I envy you, you lucky gal! :D :rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
06-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Wow!!! Congrats on the new relationship!! The dogs brought you together--I guess you already have your wedding party;)

Tonya
06-11-2003, 01:41 AM
Awww, thats so romantic! It sounds like the perfect love story. Good luck!

Logan
06-11-2003, 05:00 AM
What a wonderful way to find a romantic interest!!! :) I'm so happy for you!!! :D

oodlesofpoodles
06-13-2003, 10:37 PM
WEll everyone. things are looking up. :) He has started talking about buying a house with land WE go look tomorrow at a 4 bedroom house on 11 acres and a barn. WE are going on his harley. I cant wait. He is so nice. I had a really bad day to day and he took me to dinner my day started off with the little rescue sweetie she passed in her sleep last night. and my cat REx got out and i could not find him before i had to leave for work. He is still not home. We looked for him until dark. I worry about him I hope he will be home in the morning. he has never been outside and he is 6 yrs old. so everyone please keep prayers that my rex comes home. I raised him on a bottle. I got him at 2 weeks of age.:( :(

lovemyshiba
06-14-2003, 11:31 AM
I said a prayer for Rex this morning--I hope he is home safely!!
Great news on the house--I hope it is wonderful!!
Glad to hear everything is going great!!!!!:)

oodlesofpoodles
06-16-2003, 06:19 AM
Rex is not home yet and I really am worried. It has been 4 days and no sign of him. no one has found a cat or turned it in to the animal care center. I fear the worst as I live on 325 acrea and there are coyotees all over. I am so worried about my little guy.

The house was ok a little run down, so he is still looking. WE are going to look again this weekend.

anna_66
06-16-2003, 06:26 AM
Awww, sorry to hear about your foster & about Rex missing. I hope he turns up soon. We'll be keeping our fingers & paws crossed that he comes home soon.
Wonderful news to hear about the new boyfriend, congrats!!!!

oodlesofpoodles
07-01-2003, 07:48 PM
My REx came home last night after been missing for almost 3 weeks, He was in really bad shape took him to the vet this morning, something must have really got him, his jaw was broken and one eye torn up really bad. there were so many things wrong with him, the kindest thing for him was to go to the rainbow bridge. I lost him today. Just wanted everyone to know that he is now home and at peace. He and sweetie are together.

Tonya
07-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Oodles, I am so sorry to hear about Rex. (((hugs)))

Cataholic
07-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Oodles, I am so sorry about Rex. What an awful thing to have happen. May he RIP at the RB, with those that have passed before him. Hugs to you.

captain
07-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Oh Oodles ................... {{{ tears}}}

Rex, play nicely at the Rainbow Bridge. At least you went home first to say goodbye to Mummy ........

anna_66
07-01-2003, 09:03 PM
(please excuse my stupidity, but who was Rex?:o ).

May he play forever happy at the RB.
R.I.P. Rex

Cincy'sMom
07-02-2003, 05:15 AM
Sorry about theloss of you Rex, may be RIP. At least he found his way home, so you could see him one last time, and know that he was sent peacefully to the bridge.

sabies
07-02-2003, 05:30 AM
Sorry to hear about Rex.

Airedalekisses
07-02-2003, 08:25 PM
aww, so so sorry about Rex!! He had a lovely life with lots of love and fun!!

lovemyshiba
07-02-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about Rex, but I'm glad he did come home first, just to let you know he was going to be ok. Now you know where he is, happy and safe at the Rainbow Bridge.

Anna, Rex is her kitty that she mentioned was missing in the original post:(

anna_66
07-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Anna, Rex is her kitty that she mentioned was missing in the original post:(
Thank you.

Pam
07-03-2003, 07:02 AM
:( I'm so sorry Oodles but I am glad that you were able to see Rex one more time. RIP sweet one.