PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for Luna - she has surgery!

Kirsten
06-10-2003, 03:32 AM
To those who might have missed it, I found a lump in Luna's fat tissue near her shoulder, (here's the topic (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27802)) and today the vet has decided to remove it. So at this moment, my baby is having surgery. :( I can pick her up at noon, but I'm so worried about my little girl! Not only because of the surgery itself, the waiting for the result of the histology is even worse. I won't get the result before the end of the week or even the beginning of the next week, and the thought of my baby maybe having cancer is scaring me to death. :(

Please pray for my little Luna girl, she's all I have! :(

Kirsten

Former User
06-10-2003, 03:41 AM
Oh Kirsten, I'm sorry... I hope the surgery will go fine, and it will. Luna will be okay. We'll keep Luna in our thoughs and send positive vibes to her, and to you!

Nomilynn
06-10-2003, 03:49 AM
Oh dear, poor Luna! I hope that everything goes very smoothly and that the report comes back clear. I will be praying for her :)

Naomi

ChrisH
06-10-2003, 03:56 AM
Kristen, I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers and positive thoughts being sent that all goes well with the surgery and that she gets a clear result from the histology.

Hugs
Chris

Kirsten
06-10-2003, 04:02 AM
Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted.

At the moment, I'm sitting home alone and miss my girl terribly! :(

Kirsten

IttyBittyKitty
06-10-2003, 04:41 AM
Oh poor darling! I hope her surgery is going well. Prayers and hugs coming your way. I hope that little Luna is back with her furmum as soon as possible. I know only too well how hard it is to be separated from your furkid whilst they are with the White Coats! Do you get to visit her?

Logan
06-10-2003, 06:05 AM
Good luck, Kirsten and Luna. We will definitely be praying for good results!!! :)

Kirsten
06-10-2003, 06:46 AM
Luna is at home now, but she's still dizzy. Unfortunately, she didn't want to stay in her basket, and now she's crawling around. The scar looks huge, 13 stiches, and a lot of fur has been removed.

Here are links to some pics (I better do not post them 'cause it's not looking so nice):

http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997-0002/luna/lunascar.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997-0002/luna/lunasick.jpg

The vet's assistant said the tumor has been completely removed and did not grow into the muscle tissue, it had the size of a plum pit, but didn't have a round or oval size but was more "unstructured", if you know what I mean. Doesn't sound good to me at all! :(

Kirsten

Lerah021399
06-10-2003, 06:47 AM
My sweet Luna,

Hows horible it mus b to hav surgery! Iz hop dat u beter real quik. My meowmie haz been tellin' me all bout ur lump an Iz b worried bout u. Pleaz get beter real quik so dat u can play wif ur new sister.

All my luv,

Jack

Kirsten,

I hope that everything is okay with Luna. Please keep us updated on how she is doing. What a scary thing to have to go through. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Lerah

Pam
06-10-2003, 07:08 AM
Poor baby and poor you! We will hope for a good report when they examine what they removed. Hope Luna will soon be feeling better. {{{hugs}}}

ScantyNebula
06-10-2003, 07:16 AM
Ohhh Luna, get well soon! We are thinking of you!!

emily_the_spoiled
06-10-2003, 07:42 AM
Kirsten,

I am so sorry that Luna has to go through this. I am glad that the surgery went well and she is now back with meowmie who will spoil her while she is recuperating :D

From what the vet tech said, it sounds like they managed to get everything and you caught it early enough that is didn't spread.

Our thoughts and paws are with you in wishing Luna a speedy recovery.

Cheryl, Emily, and Tanner

ramanth
06-10-2003, 07:45 AM
Oh Kirsten!

With everything going on.... oh how did I miss this?

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Luna.

*hugs*

Vio&Juni
06-10-2003, 08:03 AM
Poor Luna :(

I hope everything is going to be ok with the analysis.

HayleyRosie
06-10-2003, 08:06 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Luna. I'm glad she is now back home with you. I will pray that the results bring good news. Keep us posted.

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 08:11 AM
Oh, Kirsten, I am so sorry to have missed this! I was following the other thred...and just didn't know Luna was going in to have it removed! I am sooooo sorry.

Now, stop borrowing trouble! You don't know what the histology report will be. Worrying now won't help!!! You, or Luna. Be strong. Try to keep feisty girl confined as much as you can. I know that is easier said than done, but, try to remove all her temptations. If you see her up, help her down onto the floor. If you feed her up, put it on the floor...don't want those stitches to rip. Kitties (and doggies) just don't always know what is best.

Good luck, and please keep us updated. I will keep you two in my thoughts.

rosethecopycat
06-10-2003, 08:29 AM
I hope you feel better and better Luna.

Edwina's Secretary
06-10-2003, 09:15 AM
Sweet Luna! Very positive thoughts for a speedy recovery and a good outcome on the biopsy!

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-10-2003, 09:19 AM
Get well soon, Luna! We're all thinking of you and wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

catmandu
06-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Hello Luna this is Diane. I had the same surgery and was I scared! But now I at home with my man Sam, and am all healed! I am glad that your surgery went well , and I hope that you got lots of presents when you came home! Diane , Lost Cats Hotel Beauty.

PayItForward
06-10-2003, 11:27 AM
Get well soon Luna.

Sending a prayer for a quick recovery.

catland
06-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Get well soon Luna.

ChrisH
06-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Poor baby :( Glad she is home and came through the surgery ok. Lots and love and hugs to you both.

kimlovescats
06-10-2003, 12:42 PM
So very sorry to hear of sweet little Luna's surgery! Hoping and praying that it goes well, and the tumor is benign!!! Please let us know as soon as you find something out!!! HUGS and Kisses to Luna!!!!

NoahsMommy
06-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Dear Kristin and Luna,

We are so glad the surgery is all over and you can now be together. What you said sounded like good news, that it was not connected to anything.

Prayers are on the way for a speedy recovery and good test results.

Love,
Kelly and the furkids

Randi
06-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Kirsten, I'm sorry that Luna had to have surgery. :( Try not to worry - whatever it was, it sounds as if the vet has got it all out, and hopefully Luna will be back to normal soon!

Lots of kisses and hugs to you both! :)

rg_girlca
06-10-2003, 01:21 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you and Luna.

Prairie Purrs
06-10-2003, 01:37 PM
The Denver cat crew is hoping for a very good report. Get well quick, Luna!

Kirsten
06-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone - can't tell you how much your prayers, well-wishes and encouraging words mean to me... :(

Now, 10 hours after the surgery, Luna is still a bit dizzy but is able to walk, she was just asking for food and I found her on the lowest platform of her scratching post - which she isn't supposed to do actually, but I guess she needs to test her strength and abilities. I'm sure she'll be doing much better tomorrow and at least as far as the surgery goes, she's on her road to recovery. Well, the lab report is another thing, and I hate to wait for the result... :(

Thanks again everyone, and please hug your kitties from me!

Kirsten

Barbara
06-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Oh poor Luna, I also hope that the vet removed it all and that Luna recovers quickly -all the best thoughts for you and your baby:)

aguu
06-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Poor sweet little Luna.
My prayers for a quick recovery.

jenluckenbach
06-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Luna, I missed your entire surgery while I was at work toay. I sure am glad that it is over now and that you are home. Now we all have to wait for the test results. Praying that you get the "all clear". {{{{HUGS}}}} to you

Miss Meow
06-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Kirsten, I'm so glad Luna's back at home with you. We'll be keeping both of you in our thoughts and hoping that the biopsy brings good news. Please give her hugs from us.

krazyaboutkatz
06-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Kirsten, I'm sorry to hear that Luna had to have surgery. :( Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way. I sure hope that the biopsy results are good. Please take care.

Kirsten
06-11-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

Here's a little update: Last night, Luna noticed that there is this scar on her back, and she tried licking and scratching it. Must have been painful to her 'cause she was growling while doing that. I've got a spray from the vet which supports the healing process but also has a bad taste, and Luna hasn't tried to lick or scratch since.

She slept last night and also sleeps a lot today, she seems to be very exhausted. But she ate a bit this morning (of course she got her favourite food!), the litter box business is working and she jumps onto chairs and the sofa. You can see she's very careful with her movements, so she's definitely in pain. Luckily Luna isn't a cat that can tolerate pain very well, so I think she will try to avoid everything that's causing more pain to her.

Here is a pic of her I took today, funny thing is she never used that place before, but now she's resting there:

http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997/lunarest.jpg

Kirsten

Lerah021399
06-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Kirsten, glad to hear that Luna is doing okay. She looks so peaceful laying in that chair. Keep us updated on the results of the test.

Kirsten
06-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Yes, she's sleeping most of the time today, I think that is the best she can do under these circumstances.

I will post the test results as soon as I have them!

Kirsten

Karen
06-11-2003, 12:51 PM
We're all glad she's home safe, and we are anxious - though not more than you, I'm sure - to get the "all clear" for pretty Luna girl!

Sleep well, sweetie, you're still in our prayers!

PayItForward
06-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Glad Luna back at home.

Love the photo, she is such a pretty girl.

Sending prayers that Luna gets the all-clear very soon.

jenluckenbach
06-11-2003, 02:19 PM
What a precious pose. Hope she feels more like herself soon.

Cataholic
06-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Nice to see Luna resting comfortably...almost like she is protecting her back by keeping it up against the chair back!!! Good luck...and we will all be waiting anxiously for the news.

kimlovescats
06-11-2003, 02:47 PM
Ahhh, rest well, sweet little Luna!!! So glad to see her home and all comfy! I'm sure she will be back to her playful self in just another day or two! Please keep us posted on her!;)

koxka
06-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry I missed the whole thread! :(
As Randi said try not to worry too much and hope the vet has got it all out.
Give to Luna a BIG kiss for me! :)

K & L
06-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Hugs to Luna and you! I hope her biopsy comes back with no problems!

Steffi N
06-11-2003, 03:38 PM
Poor dear Luna, I'm sorry that you had to have surgery. Please rest as much as you can while you heal. You look so precious in that blue chair. Kirsten, its sounds positive that the doctors got the entire tumor and that it had not invaded any muscle tissue. I hope the histology results show no problems and that sweet Luna will be alright.

Russian Blue
06-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Thanks everyone! :)

I've got a spray from the vet which supports the healing process but also has a bad taste, and Luna hasn't tried to lick or scratch since.

Kirsten

When Nakita was spayed, the vet tried putting that spray on her incision to keep her from licking it. Nakita licked it right off as if it was water!

:rolleyes:

I'm just catching up now, so sorry I missed her surgery! Remain positive and give Luna lots of pets and headbumpies from Nakita and I!

RICHARD
06-11-2003, 03:52 PM
best wishes luna...

what is it with all surgeries on PT in the last two weeks!

i think we should have a good health/no surgery
week for everyone!:D

Killearn Kitties
06-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Sending lots of prayers for Luna and Kirsten tonight. Hope you get good news soon.
Wonderful picture of Luna curled in the chair.

Vio&Juni
06-12-2003, 02:00 AM
Poor Luna, I hope her pain will go away soon.

I had a lump removed from my breast some years ago. I remember how I was waiting for the results. I am sure, she'll be ok.

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-12-2003, 02:02 AM
Prayers on the way, Luna.

IttyBittyKitty
06-12-2003, 06:28 AM
Pixel was neutered before we adopted her, and when we took her home, she still had the stitches in. We were told to come back a week later to have them taken out. Well, she went straight to the white coats for a week, and on her last day I asked them to take the stitches out. The vet had a look, and the little bratty girl had eaten them out herself! :eek: :eek:

I know that they are designed with that in mind, but still!

Silly girl Pixel sends Luna heaps of headbumpies, and hugs and prayers are coming from me! :)

Kirsten
06-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Thanks!

Oh, Nakita, you shouldn't have done that, the taste must have been awful! :eek:

Vio, I hope the result you got was a good one!

Pixel removed the stitches herself? :eek: Well, I think Luna would do the same if she could reach them, 'cause she hates them being there. It seems to start itching now, 'cause you can see her skin twiching all the time now, and she's getting really nervous from that. Poor girl!

And no, no news from the vet so far! :(

Kirsten

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 10:36 AM
how is Luna doing? poor baby. prayers for the test result to be a good one!

Kirsten
06-12-2003, 10:47 AM
Thanks! She's doing well under the circumstances, I think. The wound is bothering her, of course, but it seems to heal and doesn't look swollen or imflamed. I figure she's still in pain though, it's only two days ago...

Kirsten

shais_mom
06-12-2003, 04:23 PM
You and Luna are in my thoughts and prayers.