PDA

View Full Version : Weird?

slleipnir
06-09-2003, 11:22 PM
My dad enjoys golf and watchs it every so often..Not sure if you have heard of Annika Sorenstam? Shes suppost to be the best female golfer I believe..Anywho, my dad was watching it the other day and it came up on screen that Annika had got 7 of 9 something or others (Im not a golf person) then my bro said "You know..7 of 9 from star trek, her human name, is annika" So I thought it was kinda weird how this golfer, Annika, got 7 of 9 whatevers and theres a 7 of 9 aka Annika from Star Trek..lol..This sounds weird..but anothing thing is I kept noticing the time when it was 9:11..like I'd just look over at the clock at that time..so I was joking with my dad about how I keep seeing it at that time..and I said to myself it would be weird if I looked tonight now that I'm thinking about it..and sure enough I did..and the next day I told my dad again about it..and we later were out talking to our neighbor when he asked the time..yup..9:11..I showed dad, and he laughed..So I'm over reacting...but its weird..anything like this happen to you?

IttyBittyKitty
06-10-2003, 06:27 AM
All the time! Deep breath, long post comin!

I don't mean to offend anyone's religous beliefs or sensitivities with this post. Read it and make up your own mind as I still can't figure out what it all means myself....

I have had weird stuff like this happen thoughout my entire life. Especially around 911, heck I even dreamt about planes exploding in midair before it happened. I'd always wake up, and look outside my window. Although I was awake, I could still see it happen. On the night, we went out and had a few drinks to raise funds for a friend's trip overseas for charity. We were in a Irish pub when it happened, and we had access only to a radio. Even when the TV was turned on, everyone thought it was a joke, not as serious as it was, or not really happening. Remember that it was a noisy pub, people were drunk, so it was hard for them to understand what was happening.

I went into a weird trance, after the first one happened. I found myself on a plane, seeing the events unfold from the eyes of a passenger. I awoke from that mental scene, but I was (apparently) still screaming "they're all dead, thousands dead!!" over and over again ... and my friends were rather sceptical. I don't remember anything until the next morning when my friend woke me up and said, "you were right." I wish that I had been wrong, I would gladly suffer the humilation of being wrong to bring back those 3,000 lives. After that night, the dreams stopped.

A lot of people tell me I'm psychic, I think I had some sorta weird gift as a kid - I used to be able to read minds with incredible accuracy. When I was two, my Mum looked at me and thought to herself, "I think I'm going to give her a bath." I looked at my Mum, dead seriously, and said "No, I don't want a bath!" When I was around ten, my friends used to love testing my mind reading skills! I remember one occasion at school during a little thunderstorm. I said to my friends, "the next thunderclap will be the loudest you've ever heard." They didn't believe me, as it had been up to that point a rather mild thunderstorm. Ten seconds later, it hit, striking not far from the school. I think I spooked them out a little bit that time :)

As an adult, the "skill" has faded, but on many occasions, it makes a sneaky return to freak me out! Not so long ago, I was about to step unwittingly into traffic. In an instant, all these thoughts flooded into my mind, "she died instantly, it was almost painless, etc." A little freaked out, I stopped. Seconds later, a moron in a white car came whizzing around the blind corner at breakneck speeds. I would have been hit, no doubt about it.

A week ago, I was reading a magazine article about Mystic Meg or some other psychic. She had drawn a series of shapes, colours and numbers. Each series was arranged into four rows of four. She said that she had "meditated" on one of each four. I did okay with the shapes and colours, but kept getting distracted and not going with my gut instinct. Suddenly, my mind clicked into place and the four numbers came to me in an instant, in perfect order. It freaked me out, big time!

Coincidence? Perhaps. But the odds of me guessing all four in sequence are as follows: 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 = 1 out of 256 chances. Long odds! And I'm not usually that lucky! (at least not when I'm trying to be - I'm never going to guess the Lotto numbers!)

Even with all the bizarre things that have happened to me, I still don't know. Am I psychic or just very intuitive? A soothsayer or just a really good cold-reader (John Edward eat your heart out!) ... I really don't know. All I do know, is that if I did have a special gift, I would never misuse it like a certain gold-digger John Edward does!

:)

slleipnir
06-10-2003, 08:24 AM
Wow, thats interesting! My dad told me when he was a kid, he had a dream it was the first snow of the year and he was coming home at lunch and his mom had the most shocked/upset look on her face..He said the next day as he went home for lunch (little bit of snow..1st one) he found his mom in the kitchen with a horrified look on her face and told him his sister has in a car accident (she died :() I always found that kinda freaky..nothing to that extent every happened to me..lol

HoRsELUvR
06-10-2003, 04:09 PM
its so cool when things like that happen.No specific instances come to mind but it's happened to me before.