PDA

View Full Version : Fun and Games

Lennie B.
06-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Robbie (a soft-coated wheaten terrier/poodle cross) likes to entertain himself (in the house) by tossing a tennis ball repeatedly into the air, letting it bounce and then trying to catch it. It is quite funny to watch. Does anyone else's dog do this? :D :D :D

Uabassoon
06-09-2003, 05:38 PM
LOL no but my cat does! Tibby will toss those fake mice in the air then watch them land, then hunt and stalk it then repeat the process.

binka_nugget
06-11-2003, 08:21 PM
to not become bored, kai...SLEEPS! I rarely see him play. Although, when he does...he'll attack my pikachu doll lol.

Airedalekisses
06-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Terriers must think tennis balls were made just for them! Well, their hair does resemble one!! I had an Airedale, Paddel, who collected them. We lived behind a country club court-had to put all of the balls(372) in garbage cans and he would tip over the cans and "count" them- kept him busy for hours-he seemed to know when one really smelly, disgusting one was thrown away-he would go to the real garbage cans and howl until someone got the prized possession out!!:D

Mich
06-17-2003, 08:39 AM
your mix of dog sounds different, ( I have a mix as well ) but the Wheaten Terrier is not seen where I live......so love your picture.

Mich
06-17-2003, 08:43 AM
My daughter's Whippet is ball crazy as well.........gets covered in grease and oil, but she still brings it back over and over. Hide it from her ???,,,,,,,,like your dog - - - sits and ...golly you justgot to get it for her, otherwise, no rest.

Foam
06-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Darlin' (My Shih Tzu/Poodle Cross, picture provided) runs in circles around the living room as FAST as her little legs will take her. She usually runs around 7 circles and then she DODGES head-first at her toy. Then she'll paw at it, bark and growl at it, and run away from it. All this until she finally decided it's dead and then she'll gnaw on it for as long as it takes her to get some of it into her little stomach. :rolleyes:

Lennie B.
06-20-2003, 06:57 PM
Yes, Robbie is a very unusual looking dog. Soft coated wheaten terriers are not the most common breed around here either, and I guess the people who own them tend to watch who they hang out with! Robbie is actually the only wheaten cross I've ever seen! :) :) :)

Mich
06-22-2003, 05:20 PM
That litle white ball of fluff is so very cute looking. I used to have a black poodle cross about 8 pounds fully grown, and I loved her to pieces, and I know what cards they can be.......but I've had podles and crosses and big and small , you name it ..since 1977 when I got my first.

Foam what is the dog in the background?

Mich
06-22-2003, 05:24 PM
Wheaten Terriers are rare in these part of the woods ( no woods, just a saying ). I saw them on T.V. once, but extremely expensive. The don't shed either, a bit like the Kerry Blue and the Bedlington ( bedlington I have had, but died in '95). I love the Umph!! of the terrier, and love the pictures, thank you for letting the whole world see.

CamCamPup33
06-22-2003, 05:25 PM
sorry to like barge in on this thread and say this but mich i pmed you.. lol :rolleyes:

Mich
06-22-2003, 05:56 PM
sorry, I tried, but I could not get your last message to me, what did you mean ?

CamCamPup33
06-22-2003, 05:57 PM
you didnt understand it or u just didnt get it? do u want me to send it over?

Mich
06-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Yes I got it in the end that you sent me a message......a bit slow here, didn't know what you meant..........but have sent you a private message back. O.K.