PDA

View Full Version : Ugghhh

Uabassoon
06-09-2003, 04:48 PM
I just finished taking to my landlord and she told me that my roommate and I are going to have to move :( Not because we did anything wrong, but she has an aunt that is elderly and wants to move here so she can be taken care of and my landlord is going to let her have our house. I've lived her for a few years now, and we've done so much to this house. Not to mention that my rent is super cheap and our house is big. I'm worried about being able to find another place that is affordable and will let me have my cats. I'm sorry to vent, I'm just a little upset right now.

ChloeLove
06-09-2003, 04:50 PM
I'm so sorry! :( That really stinks. I am hoping you can find a nice house with cheap rent! Good luck! :cool:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-09-2003, 04:52 PM
So he's just kicking you out so his mom can live there? Sorry bout the bad news, my wishes are will you. .:. HUGS .:.

bluekat
06-09-2003, 05:05 PM
So sorry to hear that:( I wish you good luck on finding another house.:)
I would be very upset too if I were you. I hope you find a house with cheap rent, and of course, I hope they let you have your cats.
Best wishes&good luck!

Prairie Purrs
06-09-2003, 05:14 PM
Check with the local animal shelters--there's a shelter here that keeps a list of pet-friendly rentals. Maybe someone there does the same thing.

Good luck!

Uabassoon
06-09-2003, 05:26 PM
My other big problem is what I'm going to do about Missy, my dog. Right now she's been living with my landlord and I go over everyday to play with Missy and to take her for walks or to the park. My landlord asked if I wanted to take Missy with me when I move, she also told me that she would miss Missy very much because she loves her so much. So I'm thinking I might leave Missy with my landlord because she's taken care of Missy for almost two years, Missy even sleeps on the bed with her every night. I don't think it would be fair if I took Missy away from her because she'd be very sad. When I move I'll still be able to visit Missy as often as I want, but I won't be next door anymore.

lynnestankard
06-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Laura what a horrible situation for you - trying to find an animal friendly house and worrying about Missy. I do hope it all comes together for you - and very soon.
Good Luck and I hope you find the ideal solutions to both problems.

Lynne

Kfamr
06-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Do you think maybe you have enough room for the aunt to live with you? Just a thought.

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 06:00 PM
What bad news, I hope you find a nice house with cheap rent.

Although the situation is terrible for you, it is nice for your landlord to look after her aunt. So many people ignore their duties, it is nice to hear the opposite.

I don't know about Missy, I'm sure you will make the right decision. Thinking of you. :D

Uabassoon
06-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Do you think maybe you have enough room for the aunt to live with you? Just a thought.

Well I'm sure it would be possible, but in all honesty I'm a typical 22 year old. I don't see my lifestyle fitting in with an 80 year old woman. I party, I'm loud, I have friends over, I stay up late. So in other words I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work out.

And according to my landlord she smokes in the house like a chimmney, which is why she will be living in the guest house. My landlord thought about letting her live in her guest room but she can't deal with the smoke. And I don't think I could or my cats could.

Uabassoon
06-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Although the situation is terrible for you, it is nice for your landlord to look after her aunt. So many people ignore their duties, it is nice to hear the opposite

I agree, my landlord was scared to tell me because she thought I would be angry at her. I let her know that I was sad and a little stressed out, but I understand the importance of family. And I know she is doing the right thing, I hope that when I'm that age someone will do the same for me. All of her other family members refuse to take care of the aunt, they don't help her at all. She has two daughters that live in California but they don't help her out at all, they won't even take her to the grocery store. That's why she is moving to Arizona because she knows that Bev (my landlord) will take good care of her.

Dakota's Mommy
06-10-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope that it all works out!

ramanth
06-10-2003, 02:26 PM
OH no.. :(

Is your landlord at least giving you time to find a new place to live?

I wish you all the luck in finding a new place.

*hugs*

Not sure what you should do about Missy. :( I'd say, 'follow your heart.'

Rocky'smomma
06-10-2003, 02:30 PM
ohh man, how crappy!! How long is she letting you all have until you have to move out?? I hope you find a place soon!

Uabassoon
06-10-2003, 03:58 PM
I have a pretty good amount of time to find a new place, we have until Sept. 1st. But since we aren't on a lease or anything I'm thinking I'd rather move sooner than later just to get it over with. However I've been thinking and the good news is if I live by myself I can look into getting another cat :) It just depends on the size of the place that I get. Or if not I've always wanted to get a rat, but my roommate would never agree to it. Well now I'll be able to get one if I want.

marysmerrycats
06-10-2003, 04:06 PM
how awful, good luck find a place that allows cats that doens't cost too much.
check online for cat friendly rentals.

HoRsELUvR
06-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Im sorry that you have to move:( .I hope you find a good place soon.good luck

Uabassoon
06-10-2003, 04:09 PM
I've also decided two things. 1. as mentioned in the above post, I'm going to live alone. Which is kind of a big thing since my roommate was trying to guilt me into finding another place with her. But I've been fed up with my roommate for the last year and a half and I'm ready to live alone. and 2. I'm going to let Missy stay with my landlord. I don't feel it's fair to take her away from her home where she is so happy. She loves Bev so much and she has two other dogs to play with. I can still see her whenever I want, it just won't be everyday. But I'm hoping that maybe I can find a nice guest house with a yard or something so that I can maybe bring Missy over for visits and play with her.

Aspen and Misty
06-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear you have to leave Missy. :(

It stinks you have to move, but kinda sounds like you might like it? Another kitty would be awesome! Hee hee, another life saved!

O and If your gonan get rats I'd love to talk to you and tell you all about them! :D

Ash

Uabassoon
06-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Ash after I get moved and get settled I would love to talk to you about a rattie! Your ratties are actually a big part of the reason why I want to get one. My roommate had a huge fit when I told her that I wanted one, but if I live by myself then it won't matter :D I'll be sure to pm you and let you know.

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Uba, if you can swing living alone, DO IT! It is soooo worth your sanity. As to finding a place with cats...some suggestions for someone that has rented with cats many, many times. Look for smaller complexes, if you are looking at apartments. Easier to let one or two out of ten do something, then having to face 100 tenants. Second, look at places EVEN if they say NO CATS. All of mine always said, "no cats". If you really like the place, and the owner likes you...I find that most people want responsible tenants over keeping cats out. Do not tell them over the phone that you have two cats...they will pre-judge you.....get to know them a little bit...tell them upfront...once you meet and have a feel for them.

I am in no way advocating lying/hiding the fact that you have cats. But, just like most things in life, people pre-judge. i.e., you might have hated lawyers before, or thought they were all scum...now that you know me, and see that I am perhaps the coolest person in the whole world...and love all pets, and most people...you might look at lawyers differently. Same thing with cat people...(in case some one misses the sarcasm...I am just kidding, I am not the coolest person in the whole world, just one of the top 100).