PDA

View Full Version : Name on Mortgage

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have any ideas or solutions on kicking someone out of the house? The problem is... his name is on the mortgage. And she doesn't have a job that pays enough so that the mortgage will put her name on it and work with her. Pretty soon here, I'm going to get a job and give the paychecks to my mom, both me and her together can pay for the mortgage and utilities and my dad has offered to pay for food and food for the animals. My dad is so nice. Anyway, he puts in applications, you know, every blue moon. He sits there, he devours our food, watches TV all day or is on the computer all day... or both. He keeps using my dad's money without permission to buy himself cigarettes. (My mom has a debit card to my dad's account... was originally for child support, now it's for food and other.) Well one day me and the ass we're going to kick out were at the grocery store, just recently, buying a list my mom had made up. Ass decides he wants to buy, with my father's money, a carton of cigarettes. He'll ask my mom for ''gas'' money so he can put in some applications... he goes out and buys cigarettes with it. We are getting so tired of him. He won't clean up or anything. I clean the house and boy do I make it known. He's watching TV? Oops! Looks like the living room needs to be vacuumed. WE HATE HIM. HELP US THROW HIM OUT!!!!!! PLEAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!

Cataholic
06-09-2003, 03:21 PM
I'm sorry, but WHAT? Maybe a 'name' or two would help someone follow this. I don't know if you are talking about your dad...or your boyfriend, or your brother???

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-09-2003, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry!!!!!!! "him" - the one we're trying to kick out is my mom's EX-boyfriend.

Tonya
06-09-2003, 03:37 PM
If the house is in his name only, you won't be able to kick him out. You'll have to either move, or get him to agree to hand the house over to your mom. I hope either way that it works out for you!

Logan
06-09-2003, 04:23 PM
I would assume that the only way anyone can legally "kick out" someone is to have that person sell their portion of the house back to the other owner. You can't divorce someone you were never married to. :( This is one of the many reasons that "living" with someone scares me!

I do hope you guys can get it worked out, and that he will leave. I wonder if your mother offered him a sum of money to buy him out if it would work. I certainly wish it would! I think she needs an attorney, and fast!