PDA

View Full Version : candle and prayers for Bassett...

marysmerrycats
06-09-2003, 02:37 PM
heres a pic of a candle I have lit for Bassett, and I will keep it or another one lit(there will always be one going, wont let it go out) untill Bassett has her surgery and is fully recovered... and I thought that anyone that wants to post a prayer could...I don't know, I just thought it might help?

I should have posted MY prayer when I posted this, but I was looking for a certain one, didnt't find it, so...
Dear God
please look over Bassett, now and at the time of her surgery. please bring Bassett safely thru the surgery and give her a complete recovery, so that she will live out her life in health.
also give Naomi the strength she needs in this difficult time.
Amen

God Bless you Bassett

jenluckenbach
06-09-2003, 04:30 PM
Dear Lord, who loves and watches over all living beings, please be with Naomi and Bassett during this very difficult time. They need the strength of your spirit more than ever right now.

carole
06-09-2003, 04:52 PM
Whatever higher power you all believe in ,may this help bassett and naomi through this difficult time, thoughts are with you both.

Cataholic
06-09-2003, 07:15 PM
Dear God,
Please help Bassett and Naomi through this most difficult time. May your spirit give them comfort, guidance, and strength.
IYN,
Amen

Nomilynn
06-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Mary this is very thoughtful.. thank you very much :) I know Bassett appreciates it :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-09-2003, 08:52 PM
What a sweet gesture..

Father...
I want to lift Bassett up to you and I pray your hand of protection over him. I pray you will be with the surgeons that they have perfect wisdom to perform the operation. Please give them peace, and comfort them untill Bassett is better.
In Jesus' name
Amen

kimlovescats
06-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray that you will be with Naomi during this worrysome time, and bring her comfort and peace. I pray that you will give the surgeon the skill and knowledge to care for Bassett's needs and return him to good health.

For it is in Jesus' name I pray,
Amen

krazyaboutkatz
06-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Dear God,
Please watch over Naomi and Bassett during this difficult ordeal. May you also guide their surgeon and make the surgery a success. Please also give them comfort and support.

Amen

Aspen and Misty
06-10-2003, 02:13 AM
Dear Lordie,

Seesh, been coming to you with alot of problems latly, but lord this is a special one that nees a special hand. Lord, may you watch over, guide and Protect Naomi and Basset. They are both dearly loved members of Pet talk.. Lord please help the doctors know what to do and to guide there hands. Also, will you please give Naomi the peace of mind and Pet talk the finacal help to aid her in the burden of paying for this very very expensive surgery.

Amen

Ash

NoahsMommy
06-10-2003, 01:09 PM
That's so nice Mary.....you are so kind. :)

Dear God,

Please be with Bassett and Naomi during this difficult time. Please see our prayers and our wishes for this surgery to be 100% successful and for Bassett to heal. Please place Your hand on those in the surgery room and all those that will help Bassett to get better. We believe that You can heal Bassett and that You love her. You sent Bassett to Naomi for the good of both of them and they still need each other. Please, Lord, be with them.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Lerah021399
06-10-2003, 02:40 PM
Father,

I know that you are perfect and full of mercy and loving-kindness. Lord, you know the very number of hairs on our head and you know when a sparrow falls to the ground. Lord, I pray for Bassett now and pray for a complete recovery for her. Lord, I pray your peace on Naomi, for it is your peace that passes all understanding. Father, thank you for this and all other blessings.
May this be done for your glory and your glory alone.

In your Holy Name,

Amen.

bluekat
06-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Dear Lord,
Please watch over Naomi and Bassett during this very difficult time, and bring them comfort. Please guide the surgeons through the right path and please make the surgery successful. Please make Bassett recover soon.
Amen
My thoughts and prayers are with you Naomi and Bassett, and I'll be praying!:)

batgirl1980
06-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Deer God in da big kitty and hooman sky,

Diz id Mozart, Bach, and Eliza... we are praying to you for some help for a certain special cat named Bassett. Our meowmie can't financially help this month because our daddy got sick and then has to also c da oral surgeon...

so we wanted to ask you for some extra help with Bassett. She id to have surgeree on da 23rd of dis month. Pweeze be wif her and make da surgery go purrfectly. May she have a speedy recovery, so dat we can all go c her and welcome her home.

Pweeze be wif her meowmie, Naomi, and give her da strength to get thru dis. We knowz it will b hard fur her to watch her babee go thru surgeree, please surround her wif ur love and guidance.

Sincerlee,

Mozart, Bach, Eliza of Indiana.

PS.. Please make sure Bassett has a nice comfy bed in da hospital too. Hospitals r bad enuf anyway, and she needs extra comfort cuz she id special!

carole
06-10-2003, 10:22 PM
My thoughts are with you both too, take care, and heres hoping for the best outcome for bassett. very adorable kitty, HUGS

K & L
06-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Best of luck to you and Bassett!

Kirsten
06-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Dear little Bassett kitty, from the bottom of my heart I'm wishing you all the strength you will need for your surgery and to fight your disease!

My very best wishes to you and your loving mommy!

Kirsten

slick
06-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Well, here I am in an Internet cafe saying more prayers for Bassett. I have just come from dropping off a cheque at the Animal Critical Care Group for little Bassett. Was told that they have collected just over $1,000 for the cause. Way to go people. You are the greatest.

Lord, please take care of our little Bassett and give Naomi the strength to go through this difficult time.

luv

rg_girlca
06-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Heavenly Father up above, please protect the one we love. Place your hand upon Bassett and give him the strength he needs to pull through his surgery. Than place your other hand on Naomi to give her strength through these trying times.

Amen

marysmerrycats
06-15-2003, 11:28 PM
new candle lit last night.

popcornbird
06-16-2003, 01:54 AM
I heard Bassett was ill, but I have no clue about the details. Unfortunately, I'm very bad with visiting the cat side of PT. :o Naomi, I'm very sorry I couldn't post here earlier. Please accept my apology. May Basset come out of the surgery with flying colors and be a perfectly healthy kitty kat in no time. Good luck Bassett!

(Ps. Will anyone please explain what exactly happened to Bassett because I seemed to miss it all.) :(

lynnestankard
06-16-2003, 07:54 AM
It's over in Cat General - this should get you there:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28093

Lynne

momoffuzzyfaces
06-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Father, tomorrow is the day of Bassett's surgery. Please watch over her and Naomi and bring them safely through this. Please be with all who will be involved with the surgery. Keep their hands steady and strong. You watch over sparrows so I know you watch over cats too.
Thank you. Amen.

rosethecopycat
06-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Candle lit in Florida.

Prayers going up for sweet Bassett.

ScantyNebula
06-23-2003, 07:58 AM
Oh Bassett .. I wish I were home so I could light a candle for you, in fact, I will go home for dinner and do just that. Special wishes out from Newfoundland!

Get well soon Bassett, and Naomi, keep your hopes high! :D

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-23-2003, 08:45 AM
I pray everything goes well today for Bassett and for Naomi to be comforted during this hard time.

Randi
06-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Sweet little Bassett! I wish you all the strength you will need to get though the surgery and get well again!!

We will have our paws and fingers crossed for you during this difficult time.

Kisses to you little Bassett and hugs to you Naomi.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Hoping and praying that everything goes well today! Be strong sweet Bassett....:( :)

Cinder & Smoke
06-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Hi God!

We knowe You're busy, gettin reddy for Bassett's Sir Jury,
but we jest wanna Ask Your Blessin
fur ebberbuddie envolved...

Please Bless ~
* Allua Sir Jury Folks - Help em put da Fix on lil Bassett
* Lil Bassett - Help her Be Strong and Get Well
* MeowMee Naomi - Pleeze wrap Your GodsPaws round her an Give her Comfort

We'z all gonna keep da Pet Talk Prayers flowin Your Way...
an You mite notice a Big Glow down here onna Durt Ball ~
There'z a whole lotta Kandilz burnin fur Bassett!

THANKs, God - fur All Your Help!

/s/ da Prayer Pups

momoffuzzyfaces
06-23-2003, 11:07 AM
More prayers on the way!
Oh, and God, would you please send a special angel to hold Bassetts paw through the whole ordeal so she won't be afraid? Thanks!

tatsxxx11
06-23-2003, 11:13 AM
My prayer candle is burning brightly for you, dear Bassett and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mommy. This is a very big day, and each and every one of us is there with you in spirit, lending you our strength and support. God, please watch over our dear friends Naomi and Bassett. Love and hugs to Mommy Naomi and precious Bassett.

slick
06-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Just got back to work after 2 wks off and have been praying for both Bassett and Naomi. I'm really hoping that I will get a chance to visit Bassett before she goes home but we'll see.

gini
06-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Dear Bassett and Naomi,

Candles are burning around the world now - in prayer that all goes well today.

You have touched many hearts and we gather around to give you support and love.

Gini and Rascal

catlover4ever
06-23-2003, 02:26 PM
Bassett and Naomi, my thought and prayers are with you. This is a prayer that I keep with me at all times. On the front is a picture of St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals and the prayer is as follows:

In your infinite wisdom, Lord God, whe You created the universe You blessed us with all living creatures. We especially thank You for giving us our pets who are our friends and who bring us so much joy in life. Their presence very often helps us get through trying times. Kindly bless Bassett. May Bassett continue giviny Naomi joy and remind her of Your power.

May we realize that as our pets trust us to take care of them, so we should trust You to take care of us, and in taking care of them we share in Your love for all Your creatrues. Enlighten our minds to preserve all endangered species so that we may continue to appreciate all of Your creations.

lynnestankard
06-23-2003, 03:59 PM
My candle is burning brightly for Bassett and Naomi - prayers from all over the world beaming over to you. xxx

Lynne

Cinder & Smoke
06-23-2003, 04:25 PM
PRAYERS NEEDED ~ **NOW**

Dad just called the Animal Critical Care Folks...

BASSETT is IN Sir Jury - The Docs Just Started!

Bassett's operation bagan at about 2 PM "BC Time" -
which is 5 PM Eastern Time...

They expect the operation to take about Two Hours.

Dear God ~
Please be with the Jir Jury Folks -
Help Guide Their Hands.

Please Hold Dear Bassett in Your Care...
And Hold Naomi in Your Heart.

Thanks, God.

/s/ da Prayer Pups

slick
06-23-2003, 05:04 PM
I'll be calling them later to get an update. If I'm this worried, I can't even imagine what Naomi is going through.

rg_girlca
06-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Waiting on bended knees saying prayers for Bassett and Naomi.

Nomilynn
06-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Check out the thread in "General" - UPDATES! :)

Thank you all for your prayers :) They are working!! Please keep up the good work! :)

Naomi

Cinder & Smoke
06-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
UPDATES!!! :)

Bassett is out of surgery, and starting to wake up. The surgeon's words were "Bassett has been ROCK SOLID STEADY and did very well!" What a trooper my baby is!!!!!!

Before the surgery, they did an ultrasound. Her pericardium sac was significantly thicker than it was before, and there was still a lot of fluid, so they went in. They did all three procedures, and Dr. Schiller said there weren't any complications. Bassett has a lot of scarring on her lungs from the fluid being in there all the time, but Dr. Schiller expected that and was not suprised with what she saw (which I take as good news.. today I like boring with no suprises on the side). They opted not to put in a feeding tube because, as Dr. Schiller put it, "With her tortie attitude, we thought the less irritation the better." Hmm.. I wonder if anyone needed bandaids after Bassett's xrays and ultrasound this morning!! One thing that Bassett has always been good at, though, is EATING. She loves to eat, and I know when I took her in this morning she was hungry and was quite mad at me that I hadn't let her eat since midnight. So, I think she will be fine as long as her anasthesia doesn't make her nausous. (I'm pretty sure I spelled all that wrong.. sorry :o ).

I got *no* sleep last night.. between my busy mind and Bassett begging for food.. it was horrible. I've been sleeping most of the day. Now that I know Bassett is doing well, I feel much more refreshed :) I can't see her tonight, but Dr. Schiller urged me to come and see her tomorrow.. so I will be doing that and bringing her some of her favourite fishy treats :)

Thank you all for your prayers - THEY ARE WORKING so keep it up!

And thank you also for all these amazing sigs. They are AWESOME! :)

Love you all!
Naomi

THANKS, God!! :)

06-24-2003, 02:08 AM
Ooooooooooooooh, what great news!!
Hurray for sweet Bassett!
I'm soooo happy for you, Naomi:) :) :)

Barbara
06-24-2003, 03:55 AM
If you see Bassett tell her that many virtual scritchies, headbumpies and nosekissies from all over the world are on their way. They will create an area of love and happiness around her so that she recovers quickly.:) :) :)

jenluckenbach
06-24-2003, 05:42 AM
Pleases see this thread if you sent a thank you to Mary:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29199

slick
06-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
If you see Bassett tell her that many virtual scritchies, headbumpies and nosekissies from all over the world are on their way. They will create an area of love and happiness around her so that she recovers quickly.:) :) :)

Will be waiting to hear from Naomi on how Bassett is doing. If she's doing OK I hope to visit her tonight. Will pass on the kisses......

momoffuzzyfaces
06-24-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
THANKS, God!! :)
A big AMEN!
to that Phred!:D

tatsxxx11
06-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Hoping and praying that Bassett continues to do well, today!:) Check in when you can, Naomi.

06-26-2003, 08:12 AM
How is Bassett recovering, Naomi? I am anxiously waiting for an update ....:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-26-2003, 09:46 AM
Lut, check here
Who is able to help Naomi? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28093&perpage=15&pagenumber=1)

Bassett is doing remarkably well. There are pics and videos and everything. :D