PDA

View Full Version : Who is able to help Naomi? (Nomilyn)

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 09:55 AM
Just in case people haven't seen this thread about Bassett.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28093&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 10:22 AM
*Bump*

Cataholic
06-09-2003, 10:32 AM
I am helping...

Desert Arabian
06-09-2003, 10:39 AM
I would love to donate some money. When mom gets home from work, I will ask her about it, I am sure she'll most likely say yes.

I hope she gets enough to cover the cost!

Prairie Purrs
06-09-2003, 03:04 PM
*bump*

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 06:54 PM
*Bump*

marysmerrycats
06-09-2003, 11:19 PM
bump

Vio&Juni
06-10-2003, 07:12 AM
bump

primabella
06-10-2003, 07:24 AM
I wish I could, but my parents wouldn't want to send out some money to some 'strangers'. Best of luck to her and to those of you who are donating, your doing a great thing. :)

marysmerrycats
06-10-2003, 11:21 AM
:rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
06-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by primabella
I wish I could, but my parents wouldn't want to send out some money to some 'strangers'. Best of luck to her and to those of you who are donating, your doing a great thing. :)

My husband feels the same way, luckily I can sneak around him!!!
I'm sure your prayers and positive thoughts will mean just as much Liana.

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Ah, how to say this delicately :confused: :confused:

Anytime you donate to a charity, you are donating to a 'stranger'. I am not saying this to make you donate, since I can't do that, and don't want to do that...but, to say you can't donate to a 'stranger' is kind of odd.....to me....

I think it just makes more sense to post nothing, if you can't donate, you can't. That is your complete right. But, to mention the reason seems tacky to me, some how.

robinh
06-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Sent something today - not much, but hope it helps.

PayItForward
06-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Every Penny/Cent helps. :D

We couldn't give much either (As I am out of work at the moment) I am hopeing to give another donation next month.

primabella
06-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Ah, how to say this delicately :confused: :confused:

Anytime you donate to a charity, you are donating to a 'stranger'. I am not saying this to make you donate, since I can't do that, and don't want to do that...but, to say you can't donate to a 'stranger' is kind of odd.....to me....

I think it just makes more sense to post nothing, if you can't donate, you can't. That is your complete right. But, to mention the reason seems tacky to me, some how.

Geez okay :rolleyes: I'm sorry I posted. Saying a prayer for Bassett. And just for the record--by 'strangers' I meant, my parents would think this is some cheap ripoff from some person online. They wouldn't understand. The reason I posted a message was to send some good thoughts her way (and posting that would let her know) and explain why I couldn't send more.

RICHARD
06-10-2003, 03:21 PM
Geez okay :rolleyes: I'm sorry I posted. Saying a prayer for Bassett. And just for the record--by 'strangers' I meant, my parents would think this is some cheap ripoff from some person online. They wouldn't understand. The reason I posted a message was to send some good thoughts her way (and posting that would let her know) and explain why I couldn't send more.

tell you what.....since we are getting the first round of donations in and there will be a second round......

Prima,
do you have favorite baseball team????

here's the deal.....you pick your favorite baseball team and for four weeks i'll
donate, in your name..

win- one dollar
loss- 25 cents
shut out- 25 cents extra

we'll start on friday 6/13
and end on friday 7/11

what do you think??

primabella
06-10-2003, 03:32 PM
lol No way Richard. I don't want you spending your own money. Besides, I hate baseball :p If you really wanna go for it, you can always list a bunch of teams and I'll choose one and they'll be the team I like best ;) I just feel bad if you spend your own money on me. :o :o :o

RICHARD
06-10-2003, 03:40 PM
lol No way Richard. I don't want you spending your own money. Besides, I hate baseball :p If you really wanna go for it, you can always list a bunch of teams and I'll choose one and they'll be the team I like best ;) I just feel bad if you spend your own money on me. :o :o :o

WHO SAYS I'M SPENDING MY MONEY????

i'm making a donation!!!

just don't tell me you are into horseracing!;) :p

who's the closest team to your house??

this is my good deed for the month anyway....so you might as well take advantage of the fact that
by wisely choosing a baseball team you can do something for Bassett!!!!!

i won't tell anyone it's a form of gambling....

;)

primabella
06-10-2003, 03:47 PM
lol Okay donating your money. Hmm...well I'm in Montreal so I guess the Expos?

marysmerrycats
06-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Primebella
there's nothing wrong with your posting what you posted, you're just a kid and can't help what your parents say...
just pray for Bassett.

primabella
06-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Mary - I'm glad you understand. I have. I've even made a few banners for Naomi (thanks for Richard's idea). I might end up scrapping them all but I can't decide between them. I was going to send her one via e-mail...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p365f13a6f9ee67d5cf63b604267caecd/fbf4aea8.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p603818968e39e66f65c0394ba696027e/fbf4aeaa.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p104ea1d2ef798e72e75eeef0b88eb750/fbf4aeac.jpg

RICHARD
06-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Mary - I'm glad you understand. I have. I've even made a few banners for Naomi (thanks for Richard's idea). I might end up scrapping them all but I can't decide between them. I was going to send her one via e-mail...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p365f13a6f9ee67d5cf63b604267caecd/fbf4aea8.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p603818968e39e66f65c0394ba696027e/fbf4aeaa.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p104ea1d2ef798e72e75eeef0b88eb750/fbf4aeac.jpg

send all of them!!!!
looks like i'm an Expos fan starting on friday!!

marysmerrycats
06-10-2003, 04:17 PM
bump

primabella
06-10-2003, 04:37 PM
lol thanks Richard. ;)

bluekat
06-10-2003, 04:38 PM
I don't think my parents will let me donate either. I asked my dad yesterday, and he said no. He doesn't believe me:( But I will show him this again, and I'll convince him that this is a very good site, and everyone is nice here.:)
But I just posted to say that I'll keep on praying, and keeping Naomi and Bassett in my thoughts. I really want to donate too, but I can't do anything about it either.
Take Care!:)

bluekat
06-10-2003, 04:45 PM
*bump:)

AmberLee
06-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Charming banners, Primabella. I'm sure they will boost Naomi's spirits.

I like them all, but the pink one with roses really appeals to me.

Prairie Purrs
06-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
I don't think my parents will let me donate either. I asked my dad yesterday, and he said no. He doesn't believe me:( But I will show him this again, and I'll convince him that this is a very good site, and everyone is nice here.:)
But I just posted to say that I'll keep on praying, and keeping Naomi and Bassett in my thoughts. I really want to donate too, but I can't do anything about it either.
Take Care!:)

OK, then, Bluekat, I'll take a page from Richard's book and put in an additional donation in your name. . . since you're in Toronto, let's make it $ 2 per Blue Jays victory for the rest of June. Just keep an eye on the scoreboard for me and let me know how many they win! :D

bluekat
06-10-2003, 05:58 PM
LOL, I don't like baseball either, but yes, I'm cheering for the Blue Jays:p :D

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 06:02 PM

I feel the need to more fully express my opinion. If you can't contribute financially, as I said earlier, that is really completely fine. It isn't my business if you do, just as long as I do. My 'issue' comes from the inane rationale...re: your parents. I assume, and maybe wrongly so, that you have an allowance, or pocket money, or are given money, within reason. That you would send that $5, $10, or what ever amount somewhere doesn't seem like it would really even register with your parents. You would simply do it. Just like you would go to the mall and buy a lunch, or a CD, etc. It is the rationalizing that gets me, not whether you do or do not contribute. It isn't that you should or shouldn't contribute, it is that, from my perspective, you are blaming your parents for something, cause it doesn't reflect on you, then.

Making contributions online is a very sticky area. And, there prolly isn't anyway for me to post my opinion without sounding like I am trying to bully you into something. I can only state that I am not trying to do that. I have this 'thing' about personal responsibility, and not owning up to it. I don't mean to signal you out Prima, I really don't.

It is for that reason that I think posting 'an excuse' should be left off...not the well wishes...the excuse..that is what my original post said.

RICHARD
06-10-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by CatsinDenver
OK, then, Bluekat, I'll take a page from Richard's book and put in an additional donation in your name. . . since you're in Toronto, let's make it $ 2 per Blue Jays victory for the rest of June.

lol......thanks for making me look like a cheap skate;)....

do you think we can get the kids to pick the lottery numbers for us?????:eek:

after all, it is teamwork!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Prairie Purrs
06-10-2003, 06:12 PM
:D :D :D

bluekat
06-10-2003, 06:15 PM
I feel the need to more fully express my opinion. If you can't contribute financially, as I said earlier, that is really completely fine. It isn't my business if you do, just as long as I do. My 'issue' comes from the inane rationale...re: your parents. I assume, and maybe wrongly so, that you have an allowance, or pocket money, or are given money, within reason. That you would send that $5, $10, or what ever amount somewhere doesn't seem like it would really even register with your parents. You would simply do it. Just like you would go to the mall and buy a lunch, or a CD, etc. It is the rationalizing that gets me, not whether you do or do not contribute. It isn't that you should or shouldn't contribute, it is that, from my perspective, you are blaming your parents for something, cause it doesn't reflect on you, then.

Making contributions online is a very sticky area. And, there prolly isn't anyway for me to post my opinion without sounding like I am trying to bully you into something. I can only state that I am not trying to do that. I have this 'thing' about personal responsibility, and not owning up to it. I don't mean to signal you out Prima, I really don't.

It is for that reason that I think posting 'an excuse' should be left off...not the well wishes...the excuse..that is what my original post said.

It's not that I don't want to give my own money, but my parents won't let me. I'm not asking for their money.

RICHARD
06-10-2003, 06:39 PM
EVERYBODY!!!!

take me out to the ballgame
take me out with the crowd...
let's get some wins to get bassett well
that way the 'kitty' will fill up and swell.

well let's root root root for the jays and 'pos
it's all about a cat that is sick
well it's one, two- a whole bunch of wins that
will- do- the- trick!!!!!

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 06:51 PM
Richard, it isn't even Thursday yet....:D

RICHARD
06-10-2003, 06:59 PM
Richard, it isn't even Thursday yet....:D

like the golf bumpersticker says..
I play golf on every day that ends with 'Y'..

i like to laugh on every day that ends with 'Y'.

make me smile, sponsor a kid.

primabella
06-10-2003, 07:00 PM
Cataholic - I can see where your comming from and maybe your right but maybe your wrong. I don't get an allowance nor have pocket money. My parents give me money when I go shopping or buy a lunch. It's not like I have some to always bring around with me.

The reason I gave my 'excuse' was because I thought it would make me look bad just saying 'Good luck Bassett' without giving a reason why I wasn't donating. Oh well. I guess I was wrong and it made me look wrong for giving 'an excuse'.

I'm sure the last thing Naomi needs to see now, are people arguing over something that a quote from her caused. All I can say is good luck to her and Bassett and I hope everything works out for the best.

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Prima,
You are right...maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong...who knows, and really, as your third paragraph noted, it isn't what this is all about. Sorry if I upset you, it really wasn't my intention.
Johanna

primabella
06-10-2003, 07:15 PM
And I had no intentions on starting anything here on the board. Let's leave it at that and I apologize if my post upsetted you. You gotta have things happen to you for you to learn. Now I know I don't need to explain why I can't donate. ;) Thanks.

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Prima, that is just my opinion. That doesn't mean it is right. I don't want you to back down from me....it is just my opinion, not yours....k?

primabella
06-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Prima, that is just my opinion. That doesn't mean it is right. I don't want you to back down from me....it is just my opinion, not yours....k?

ok...:)

PayItForward
06-11-2003, 05:15 AM
*Bump*

bluekat
06-11-2003, 04:50 PM
*bump*:)

Karen
06-11-2003, 05:34 PM
I know that Bassett is going to get excellent care, after all, with the really nice folks at Animal Critical Care getting all these Pet Talkers calling, they've gotta know this is one extra special kitty! :)

anna_66
06-12-2003, 09:02 AM
:) I'm in

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 01:26 PM
b u m p !

Prairie Purrs
06-12-2003, 01:37 PM
I notice the Blue Jays have won two in a row. :D

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 01:49 PM
I notice the Blue Jays have won two in a row. :D

win streak, win streak, win streak!!!!

lol!!!

bluekat
06-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Yay for the Blue Jays!!!!:D :D :D

Nomilynn
06-12-2003, 08:29 PM
I didn't even realise this thread was going on..

And I have to say, my eyes are filled with tears. My grandma passed away a couple years ago. She was an AVID baseball fan.. she lived for it. She would plan her entire day around her gmaes. Her favourite teams were the Blue Jays and the Mariners. In fact, the night she passed away, she watched the Mariners win the world series..

I can't help but think she has a hand in the Blue Jays and this thread/idea :)

Thank you :)

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 08:33 PM
no love for the expos. huh????:p

Prairie Purrs
06-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Another win tonight for the Blue Jays . . . for Bassett . . . and for Grandma. :)

RICHARD
06-13-2003, 11:07 AM
Another win tonight for the Blue Jays . . . for Bassett . . . and for Grandma. :)

here come the expos!!!!:p

RICHARD
06-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Please do not forget to send me THANK YOU
PM's for the clinic!

Nomilynn
06-15-2003, 02:31 PM
I've posted a new "grand total" in the thread in Cat General - please go take a look at what your help has provided :) It's wonderful! :)