PDA

View Full Version : What happens when

Rocky'smomma
06-09-2003, 07:52 AM
You have to leave your husband and you can't take your furbabies along? I swear I will not let my husband take care of Rocky or Fluffy..he won't change the litter box at all....He says he will put them outside if I wasn't here so that tells me he would be neglecting them.....I don't have any plans yet to leave anytime soon but the time will come, my my mom is highly allergic to cats,,she has asthma, and just can't tolerate them or she would I am sure....maybe..I don't know, but My plans in the future are to get out on my own with the kids....I want to take my kitties too..It will be a while anyway before I do anyway, but I just like to plan ahead ya know?...

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 08:01 AM
Get a court order and make HIM leave the home.

If you have dependant children, no court would make you leave with kids & pets (even if he owned the house, they would give you a couple of months to move out)

Rocky'smomma
06-09-2003, 08:11 AM
I didn't even think of this.......I will have to check into things..the house we live in, we rent it out, so that might make a difference..I don't know...but thanks for the suggestions!

Rocky'smomma
06-09-2003, 08:20 AM
I didn't mean to put that he says he would be neglecting them, but he says he will be put them outside, and "I" say he will be neglecting them....

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Do you have access to free legal advice ?

In England, we can phone/visit the 'Citizen Bureau Centre' who would help out with legal issues.

I understand your husband won't be really evil to the cats ;) but none can care better for your pets than you.

What ever happens, all the best.

emily_the_spoiled
06-09-2003, 10:21 AM
I am not sure why you are thinking about leaving your husband, so please take this information as information and not a reflection on your situation...

Depending on why you are leaving your spouse there are organizations that will temporarily foster pets. Since on of the most important reasons women will not leave an abusive spouse is because of a pet, many women's shelters will now foster the pets out while the woman is in the shelter. This provides peace of mind for the woman and kids, so that the husband won't abuse the pet while she is gone.

2kitties
06-09-2003, 04:50 PM
Do you mean "leave your husband" as in leave your marriage, or do you mean "go help your mom when she is sick or visit a friend for a few days or something like that.