PDA

View Full Version : State of Panic!!!

moosmom
06-08-2003, 05:02 PM
I found out recently that Eli is one smart kitty. He has figured out how to open drawers in my dresser!!

Well, today I went to a matinee to see the movie Bruce Almighty. I was gone for maybe two and a half hours. I didn't really notice he wasn't around because sometimes he likes to sleep under the bed or behind the couch. Come feeding time at around 4:30, I noticed he wasn't around. I looked EVERYWHERE!!! No Eli! There was no way he could've gotten out because my kitchen door leads to a hallway. I opened 2 drawers in my dresser...no Eli. Finally, the last drawer I opened, there he was!!! The poor lil guy was stuck there from 11 a.m. till 5 p.m.!!

He went and hid under the bed so I fed him there, keeping all the other piglet cats at bay while he ate.

Just now I went to check on him. He was in the window box being comforted by Mollie Rose. I, on the otherhand, am having a glass of wine (or two). THAT scared the piss out of me!!!

Looks like it's time for childproof drawer locks.

jenluckenbach
06-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Eli says "Oh Mollie Rose, you can't imagine the tough day I had. Poor me".

carole
06-08-2003, 06:37 PM
SMART LIL PUSS, hehhehe, on another note did u enjoy the film, i have had it recommended to me to c it, hasnt come to nz yet, wont be far away i imagine.

moosmom
06-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Carole,

The movie was hilarious! The ending had a very profound "lesson" which I won't get into so I don't ruin it for everyone else. I would highly recommend it.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to take Eli to the white coats soon. He's been having really bad asthma attacks and I want to make sure he's okay.

AmberLee
06-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Wow. I can scarcely image what your nerves must be like after that search.

So glad he's safe and sound now.

{{{hugs}}}

Steffi N
06-08-2003, 08:45 PM
What a scare. Poor Eli. I shut Lovable up once in my linen closet while I was at work. I hope the vet can treat Eli's asthma and he'll feel better soon.

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm so glad that you found Eli. I know it's happened to me too. You'd think that it would be easy to find indoor only cats but they sometimes just seem to be able to disappear in thin air. :) I hope the vet visit goes well and that little Eli can be helped so he'll feel better soon. Please keep us updated.

Barbara
06-09-2003, 04:42 AM
Oh I know these feelings. Filou also is such a filou ...Now after 7 years I know most of the places where he could be but when he was just 2 he scared my mom to death by hiding 6 or 7 hours when she was catsitting a week long. I had told her it would happen but she had already seen all the neighbors and looked for him outside before he just sat in the middle of the carpet, looking cute.

Randi
06-09-2003, 05:27 AM
Oh what a scare, Donna! :eek: Poor little Eli - he probably won't go in there again!

I hope the vet visit goes well! :)

Killearn Kitties
06-09-2003, 06:24 AM
Aaagh - you must have needed those glasses of wine after that!! Ours haven't figured out how to open drawers yet, but one of them hangs around behind you if she thinks there is a possibility you might open one, so she can leap in and curl up.

Krazyaboutkatz is so right about indoor cats being able to hide. When ours were kittens, we kept them in all the time, their mother was a ferral cat and we kept the kittens in till they had had all their injections and been neutered. Now our kitchen is not big, but they had a couple of hiding places in there that we never did find!!

Rocky'smomma
06-09-2003, 07:56 AM
man, that would have scared me too!!

Vio&Juni
06-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Tell me about it!
When Juni was just 3 or 4 weeks old, one day I looked for her EVERYWHERE :eek: I thought she fell off the balcony (9th floor). She was sleeping in a long winter shoe in a closet :rolleyes: I thought, I will die of happiness when I found her. And she just looked at me like I was crazy :) I have no idea how she got in there :confused:

Russian Blue
06-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Isn't it amazing how well they hide?? It would have scared me also!! Hope Eli's visit goes well at the white coats!

;)

Vio&Juni
06-09-2003, 09:30 AM
btw, I love Jim Carey. I have all his movies on tapes. I can't wait to see this movie.

ramanth
06-09-2003, 09:49 AM
:eek: Eli! You are not supposed to scare mommy like that!

Whew.. I'm glad he's okay Donna. :)

Mollie Rose is a sweetie for comforting him.