PDA

View Full Version : Want to take a Psychology Test ?

lizbud
06-08-2003, 01:16 PM
It has 11 questions & takes about 10 minutes. This particular
test is on Morals & Social Responsibility. It is interesting and does
give you a summary of your nature & personality at the end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/morals/index.shtml

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Results
46116 people have completed this questionaire so far.

You scored 35 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores
1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44

My Results
Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride.

Background
Scores on the questionnaire form a scale that tracks the development of reasoning from childhood through to adulthood about social, ethical and moral issues. The original research using this questionnaire was conducted in the United States by Kohlberg and was followed up by John Gibbs, Karen Basinger and Dick Fuller.

Most children make decisions based on the influence of power and authority figures, progressing through an emphasis upon exchange relationships with others, then on to mutual and social expectations.

Some people progress to a level where they base their moral reasoning on universal values. Others become fixed at earlier stages depending upon circumstances. But recent research has suggested that it is possible to change the way you reason about your social responsibilities.

aly
06-08-2003, 02:11 PM
Results

You scored 32.5 out of a total of 44.

My Results
Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride.

iceyshiver21
06-08-2003, 02:29 PM
My Results

Background
Scores on the questionnaire form a scale that tracks the development of reasoning from childhood through to adulthood about social, ethical and moral issues. The original research using this questionnaire was conducted in the United States by Kohlberg and was followed up by John Gibbs, Karen Basinger and Dick Fuller.

Most children make decisions based on the influence of power and authority figures, progressing through an emphasis upon exchange relationships with others, then on to mutual and social expectations.

Some people progress to a level where they base their moral reasoning on universal values. Others become fixed at earlier stages depending upon circumstances. But recent research has suggested that it is possible to change the way you reason about your social responsibilities.

Nomilynn
06-08-2003, 02:36 PM
You scored 40.5 out of a total of 44.

My Results
Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

Karen
06-08-2003, 03:24 PM
My Results

You scored 41 out of a total of 44.

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

The Cat Factory
06-08-2003, 05:01 PM
You scored 28 out of a total of 44

My Results

ChrisH
06-08-2003, 05:05 PM
You scored 34 out of a total of 44.

My Results

Fuzzy317
06-08-2003, 07:23 PM

You scored 30 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores
1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44

My Results

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2003, 08:39 PM
You scored 40.5 out of a total of 44.

Karen
06-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Anyway, even tho I got in the "highest" category, who says what is morally right? I got 41 out of 44 - I wanna know what three it "didn't agree with!" And why that person is allowed to judge morals ...

Cookiebaker
06-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Have you noticed that the # of people that "have completed this questionaire so far" is always 46116??? :confused: This makes me wonder if the results are as bogus as the statistics???

lizbud
06-08-2003, 09:27 PM
Karen,

Guess you'd have to ask the guy who posed the questions.

Morals - Social Responsibility Questionnaire

This questionnaire is designed to test your attitudes to moral behaviour and to find out how socially responsible you are.
It has 11 questions and should take about 10 minutes.
You will be given a statement to read and asked how important you think it is.
You will then be asked to pick a statement from a series of options that best represents your answer.
It was designed by Dr Keith Coaley.
Please fill in the demographic data below.
We will not pass on your personal details to any other organisation without your permission except for the purposes of processing the data for this experiment.

Do you feel the three questions were correct(moral), but judged
unfairly?

babolaypo65
06-08-2003, 10:14 PM
I scored 38 out of a total of 44.

I was a little confused though.. Aren't there supposed to be types of moral thinking?
When it told me i got 38 right, i thought: based on whose moral code?

Paul
06-08-2003, 10:36 PM
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I received 40.5 out of a total of 44. I found the selection of
statements that attempted to described the reason for my answer to be capricious and annoying.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Paul

RubyMutt
06-08-2003, 11:52 PM
You scored 33.5 out of a total of 44.

My Results

Background

IttyBittyKitty
06-09-2003, 03:20 AM
Results

You scored 40 out of a total of 44.

Audience's Scores
1 % 1 % 32 % 66 %

0-11 12-22 23-33 34-44

My Results

lizbud
06-09-2003, 08:56 AM
Paul,

Well, La de da..... Nobody is forced to take the test. It's
supposed to be fun.:rolleyes:

Logan
06-09-2003, 10:38 AM
My Results

jonza
06-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Results

You scored 42 out of a total of 44

Yeah! Brilliant!

I wonder if it means anything? ;)

Edwina's Secretary
06-09-2003, 11:28 AM
I had a 41. I might have had a different reason but chose the closest to my response (in defense of Paul's remark!)

What I would think interesting would be to see the results by age. I know I would have responded much differently at a younger age!

Uabassoon
06-09-2003, 12:13 PM
I scored a 37.5

Tina
06-10-2003, 02:51 PM
You scored 32 out of a total of 44.

My Results

Background

NoahsMommy
06-11-2003, 02:21 AM
Results

You scored 41 out of a total of 44.

My Results

Background

I've always felt my morals could be best summed up as "Do what's right, no matter what". This little test kind of proved that. Cool!! :)

anna_66
06-14-2003, 09:16 AM
You scored 33 out of a total of 44

KYS
06-14-2003, 11:58 PM
Interesting, I scored a 40.