PDA

View Full Version : Who is able to help Naomi? (Nomilyn)

Pages : [1] 2 3

jenluckenbach
06-08-2003, 11:54 AM
At the risk of stepping on some people's toes, I am going to make a request. I want it known from the beginning, that I take full responsibility in posting this thread and was not coerced by anyone. NO ONE is obligated in any way and you need not post on this thread if it has in any way pressured or embarrassed you. There are people here at pet talk from all walks of life and all age groups and we realize not everyone can jump t o the aid of others (even though they may love to be able to do so) So with the disclaimer out of the way here goes:

Naomi's precious Bassett is VERY ill. In need of a very expensive surgery in order to live. Here is a quote:

I just took Bassett to the emergency vet. She was open mouth breathing. If I can find the money to do this surgery, I'm going to go for it. She needs it. I can't keep having her tapped every three days.

I just don't know what to do for the cost. It's a LOT of money. I need a 50% deposit, and the estimate was $4750. Where am I going to find money like that? Luckily, I can pay the remaining balance over three months. I told her that I JUST graduated and had not yet found work, and so once the deposit is paid, I have three months to come up with the rest. Sigh. It's so much money, but Bassett really needs this porcedure. Please pray that the answers will somehow become clear to me

My proposition is to donate a small amount to this surgery. After all, if 100 people sent $10 each, Naomi would be 1/4 of the way to the total amount needed.

At this time I do not have the address, this is only posted to find out if anyone is with me on this "mission".

One final thought.........................next time it may be your beloved pet.

Aspen and Misty
06-08-2003, 11:58 AM
I will see what we can do. If you get the adress we might be able to donate some money. If only I had a Job I would send more. It is up to my dad, I wil ltalk to him, I hope we can, I really want to help out.

Ash

Barbara
06-08-2003, 12:06 PM
Thanks that you asked Jen. I will contribute.

gini
06-08-2003, 12:08 PM
I posted on the other thread, but I would be glad to help out.

As soon as you have and address and the vet's name, I will be glad to send a check. The cost is in Canadian dollars, isn't that correct?

Prairie Purrs
06-08-2003, 12:13 PM
I was thinking last night that this would be a good idea. I'll send something.

Kitten_chika
06-08-2003, 12:14 PM
i will help her!!

shais_mom
06-08-2003, 12:17 PM
I would like to help.
Will they cash American Money orders?

PayItForward
06-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Jen...

Great Idea, Me & Steve would love to help but what is the best way to donate non USA Dollars.

Cheques ?
Postal Orders ?

Or could Naomi set up a paypal account ?

That way everyone from foreign parts can pay direct to Bassett's funds. (And noone has to pay exchange fees, more money for Bassett) It would be easy than messing with personal cheques etc.

Naomi...
If you want to create a paypal account you can go here and then lets us know the details of Bassett account.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_registration-run
&
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/req/index-outside

Karen
06-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Doesn't PayPal charge a percentage?
I will contact Bassett's vet and find out the best way for us all to contribute.

Steffi N
06-08-2003, 12:50 PM
I had been thinking about this and had PM'd Karen about it.
Will gladly help of course.

rosethecopycat
06-08-2003, 01:38 PM
I helped Naomi before, and will so again.

Here's what I know: You can donate in a U.S. money order.

I have her personal address, but I'm unable to post it, for her privacy.

I hope that figure IS in CAN$ That would be a big psychological difference for us Americans, even if it is still the same big figure for poor Naomi.

Please send her a little help. She has never asked for any.

Nomilynn
06-08-2003, 01:44 PM
This is Nathan / Lirathal posting under Naomi's name because she just read the post and is crying, and can't find the words to reply. Honestly I find myself even emotional at the thought of this community coming together for the sake of my girlfriend and her beloved Bassett. We all have been trying to help by donating our time, monies, and love. I am currently going to school and have no income, I'm working off of a $24,000 line of credit and I'm basically living on borrowed money, but that will never stop me from taking care of my "kids". I respect you all for the commitment to life that you have all made, and send my deepest thanks for an act of giving and charity that makes the heart warm and the soul shine. I'm not an eloquent writer and I don't claim to have the words to speak for Naomi, but just watching her get up from her computer, point to the screen and start crying was enough to tell me how much it meant to her and to the "kids", especially Bassett. I don't know that I really can find anymore words to express mine and Naomi's deepest gratitude for even the thoughts and prayers you all have sent. I'm sure Naomi will find better words than I, but I felt that something needed to be said. Thank you all again for your emotional support of Naomi over the past couple of hard months, it has meant a lot to her and myself as well.

Warmest Regards,
Nathan
AKA
Lirathal

Nomilynn
06-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Ok, this is Naomi for real now :)

Wow.. I just can't believe this. I'm so overwhelmed and I'm a bit of a blubbering fool right now because of all this generosity and help. I wish I could find a way to let you all know how much this means to me. I'm so blessed to have you all in my life.

I've called the Critical Care Hospital, and I've left a message for the hospital administrator to call me. Her name is Sharon, and she will be calling me tomorrow (Monday). I will be over in the area starting tomorrow afternoon for about four days, so I can go in there and talk to her in person and maybe set something up. I will post the Critcal Care address and phone number right here, so you can call and verify if you want (it's sad that we have to be cautious, but I totally understand).

I have not booked Bassett's surgery as of yet, but I will be doing that tomorrow. It will likely be two weeks from tomorrow (the surgeon wants it to be on a Monday). I hadn't decided if I was going to do it, not because of whether I thought it was a good idea, but because I didn't know if I could afford it. You have all made Bassett's life a possibility. :)

Here is the hospital info:

Animal Critical Care Group
1410 Boundary Road
Burnaby, BC
V5K 4V3
Phone: 604-473-4882
Fax: 604-473-4898
Email: [email protected]

The surgeon for this case is Dr. Schiller (I can't remember her first name). The account is under Naomi Anderson and Bassett. The hospital administrator is Sharon, but like I said, she's calling me tomorrow and she isn't in on the weekends.

If anyone wants my personal address, please PM me. I don't want to post it on the internet.. I'm afraid some people might take advantage of the situation. Again, it's sad, but we have to be careful.

If you call the hospital and they don't know what you are talking about, remember, the surgery hasn't been scheduled yet. As soon as that is done, I will post her dates to keep you all informed.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, a million times, thank you all. I love you all to death and I feel like I have just been swept up into the biggest hug I've ever received. I will keep you all informed as soon as I know more.

Thank you.

Edwina's Secretary
06-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Jen....Of course... let me know how...

moosmom
06-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Naomi,

That's what we're all here for. To support each other both emotionally and sometimes monetarily. You've got my support. And Nathan, that was a wonderful post. She's very lucky to have you!

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

[[[[[[[[[tons of hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

gini
06-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Naomi, I am glad that you "felt" the hug......cause that is exactly what we are all doing..........and you and Bassett deserve it!

Folks, could we try to keep this thread at the top.......because this is Sunday and many people won't see it until they get into work on Monday.

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Naomi, I'd also love to help you. At least we can help ease your financial burden a little bit. Please take care.

rosethecopycat
06-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by gini
Folks, could we try to keep this thread at the top.......because this is Sunday and many people won't see it until they get into work on Monday. [/B]

HOW?
:D

sasvermont
06-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Naomi, I know that everyone has to make difficult decisions. If you elect to go forward with the surgery, I will help. If you have a tough cookie there, Ms. Bassett, I hope that she knows how much we all pull for her and for each other. If there is a pet talk person in need, we all take on the responsibilty, for the most part. I trust that the Vet is being honest with you and that Bassett has a reasonable chance of recovery.

When I was dealing with Gabe (RB kitty now....)the Vet didn't really know what was going on with him but said that it would be a continual draining of his chest and that Gabe would not be a good candidate for treatment. He was difficult to deal with....I decided he would be let go - on to rainbow bridge. You will know when it is time. At some point, it will be time.....and maybe not this time, if you think you can save her furry face. Do you think Bassett has the strength to make it through?

I shall send a check, but I prefer to send it directly to Naomi. I trust her so and just know how much she will appreciate it. I need your home address again, please. You could PM me?

Love and good wishes for this oh so difficult time....

SAS

jenluckenbach
06-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
HOW?
all anyone needs to to is type *BUMP* or other saying in a post and the thread will stay at the top.

I just knew I could count on the people here. I am PROUD to be part of this community.

jenluckenbach
06-08-2003, 06:04 PM
*BUMP*

Prairie Purrs
06-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Think maybe a link to this thread on the PT "Other, General" board might be a good idea? Might spread the word to PTers who don't always check in with Cat General?

carole
06-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Yes pet-talk people are the best, it only takes a few dollars from everyone to make a huge difference to naomi, i have been on the receiving end of most generous offers for help with Romeos vet fees as well, all from the other side of the world, it was not necessary in his case, but its the fact that such a kind offer was made that truely warms my heart and brought tears to my eyes too.
I would be happy to help, it wont be much with our dollar being so low, but every bit helps i am sure.
For those of us from different countries what is the best way to send something help plz

Karen
06-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Paul and I are discussing that ... (the best way for other countries to help) and will decide on something after I speak to the vet tomorrow.

slick
06-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Naomi: You know I'm there for you. I have your address and I'm sending a cheque in tomorrow's mail. I'm sorry it may not be as much as last time but I'll do my best.

luv

edited: so the surgery will be here. Good. Then I'll drop of cash at the Critical Care Unit in your name, like I did the last time.

TheAntiPam
06-08-2003, 07:12 PM
When my life is going all askew, and I'm feeling down, it helps ME so much to reach out and help someone else. I truly believe that one person can make a difference - whether with words of caring, prayers of comfort or even a gift of money. I'm proud to be part of the PetTalk family that cares so much!

Bassett, Sweetie - you have to promise you won't run off to the KitKat Club in Las Vegas if we send you a bit of cash!;)

Thinking of you and all your family - and praying for strength and wisdom for you in this difficult time!

AmberLee
06-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Sure.

I'll be awaiting details tomorrow with more info.

rosethecopycat
06-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
all anyone needs to to is type *BUMP* or other saying in a post and the thread will stay at the top.

I just knew I could count on the people here. I am PROUD to be part of this community.

Oh, I get it!

:p

wolf_Q
06-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Can the vet/Naomi cash American checks?

marysmerrycats
06-08-2003, 10:26 PM
My proposition is to donate a small amount to this surgery. After all, if 100 people sent $10 each, Naomi would be 1/4 of the way to the total amount needed.

I can't beleive that, but that was my exact thought, only I was thinking $20. but either way anything would help. if 100 people send $20 that would be almost half if it...of course everyone canjust send what they can. any amount helps, no matter what it is.

I pm'd someone and they said someone else was working with Karen about it. I pm'd Karen, and she is waiting to talk to the vet tomorrow, something about the different kids of foreign money. I don't know what talking to the vet has to do with it but I thought cant each person that wants to donate get their money changed then send it? I have been wanting to say something for days but was waiting to hear..now that Jen has posted it.... yes I definately want to donate! so tell me how and where to send it,,,

marysmerrycats
06-08-2003, 10:45 PM
bump

marysmerrycats
06-08-2003, 11:13 PM
:rolleyes:

Nomilynn
06-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Hi everyone :)

I don't have any new info about payments, but here is what I do know.

I, personally, can cash American cheques made out to Naomi Anderson. I can cash money orders, in American currency, made out to Naomi Anderson. I don't know if the hospital will take money orders in American funds or Canadian for that matter, which is what I will talk to Sharon about tomorrow. I know they WILL NOT take American cheques. I don't even think they take cheques, period. Too much of a risk. I don't know if people can call in and give a donation via credit card - that is something else I will ask the hospital tomorrow when Sharon calls. I think this is the same type of info Karen is seeking also. I will let you know the answers to these questions as soon as I do.

Also, I will be calling to book Bassett's surgery TOMORROW, it has not been done yet ;) So don't call and say "I want to donate to Bassett's surgery" just yet.. wait until I post that it has been booked.

I hope this clears up some of the questions for now :) PM me if you have a question that is specific to you, like for my address or something.

Thank you all SO much. I love you all.

Naomi

gini
06-08-2003, 11:16 PM
Mary, go back to the beginning on this thread......and you will see a post from Naomi, that gives you the information......first page I believe.

Or......wait until Karen gives us more information, that is what I am going to do.

Naomi and I were posting at the same time..........so best to follow her lead.

Gini

All Creatures Great And Small
06-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Absolutely, I would be glad to help Naomi! Also, $4750.00 in Canadian dollars is only $3500.00 in American dollars, due to the favorable exchange rate for us Americans, so if you donate $20, she gets $27!

Anxiously awaiting further news..............:)

Miss Meow
06-09-2003, 01:14 AM
I am in :)

It would be easier if we could Visa a donation, will keep an eye on this thread to see tomorrow's update.

IttyBittyKitty
06-09-2003, 01:39 AM
I don't have a credit card or anything, how can I donate? Do any aussies have a credit card? If you do, I could send you a money order and you could pass on the same amount in a credit card donation?

Someone let me know!

Miss Meow
06-09-2003, 02:07 AM
Itty Bitty, let's talk once we see more info. :) I have a credit card, so we can do it that way if you like. Or, maybe we can send a money order in Canadian dollars (the $A is worth about 89 Candian cents BTW). If we join forces, then the transaction fees should be less and more can get to Bassett :)

IttyBittyKitty
06-09-2003, 02:31 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Once Karen sorts something out for donations outside of Canada, we can figure out how we can get ours in :)

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 04:43 AM
*Bump*

Vio&Juni
06-09-2003, 04:54 AM
I will talk to my bank and see what I can do.

tatsxxx11
06-09-2003, 06:33 AM
I would be honored to donate to Bassett's surgical fund; waiting for more details, then it's on it's way...Hang in there Naomi and Basseett, the cavalry is on the way!!:) Sandra

Killearn Kitties
06-09-2003, 06:38 AM
I will contribute as soon as I hear what is the best way.

kath00
06-09-2003, 07:01 AM
OK
Maybe I have some extra money for you Naomi :)

lovemyshiba
06-09-2003, 07:33 AM
This is so wonderful--everyone is so great!! I would love to help, so I will be waiting for further info.

kimlovescats
06-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Of course, I will donate to help out sweet Bassett and Naomi!!!!
It is correct that any American money will exchange to a bit more in Canadian money ... so that will make your dollars go further!!!

EXAMPLES: (Approximate but should be very close!)

$10.00 American will be about $14.00 in Canadian
$20.00 American will be about $28.00 in Canadian
$30.00 ***************** $42.00************
$40.00 ***************** $57.00 ************
$50.00 ***************** $71.00 ************

Could someone e-mail me Naomi's address?

Thanks!

ScantyNebula
06-09-2003, 09:50 AM
Ohh this is so sad :( Unfortunately things like these happen for no reason ... whats great is when you know people who will help you during this hard time. I know how you must feel .. so I would be glad to help out ... is there anyway to get the money through paypal?

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 09:53 AM
Karen is looking into the best way for everyone to pay donations, so keep watching for an update.

aguu
06-09-2003, 09:53 AM
I would also like to donate. I will keep checking this thread for more info. Hang in there Naomi!!

ScantyNebula
06-09-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Karen is looking into the best way for everyone to pay donations, so keep watching for an update.

yea i just read the whole thread, I was too anxious to reply i forget to read the other pages ... ;)

slleipnir
06-09-2003, 10:23 AM
I'd love to help..I cant give a lot as I dont have it, but hopefully it could help..?

ramanth
06-09-2003, 10:32 AM
Despite Kia's recent hospital visit, I'll see what I can do. :)

Hugs to Naomi and Bassett.

rosethecopycat
06-09-2003, 10:35 AM
The last couple of replies are especially touching. Giving out of your need is more admirable than giving out of you abundance. (Widow's mite)

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 11:21 AM
*Bump*

Edwina's Secretary
06-09-2003, 11:23 AM
Naomi....

Is your address the same as it was on the Christmas Card list?

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Naomi, I mailed your check out this morning to your address so it should hopefully be there in 5-7 days. :D

Albea
06-09-2003, 12:00 PM
I'll help Naomi and Bassett as much as I can. As soon as we hear from Karen about the best way to do it I'll send my contribution.
Probably sending an international money order is an easy way to solve the exchange problem.

RICHARD
06-09-2003, 12:04 PM
in for a penny,
in for a donation.

Karen
06-09-2003, 12:15 PM
I have spoken to the Hospital Administrator.

She said probably the simplest way for people to contribute would be by credit card and telephone. The credit card companies will automatically do the coversion from marks, American dollars, pounds - whatevere currency, credit card companies deal with that all the time.

If you call them, you need to say you like to make a contribution toward Bassett Anderson's surgery. You will need your name, credit card number and expiration date, and she said they'll also send you a receipt, so she'll ask for your address.

This would be simpler than money orders, checks, etc., as she understands we want to keep this simple and secure!

The phone number of the
Animal Critical Care Group: 604-473-4882
They are open Pacific Standard time from 8am to 8 pm.

Okay, everyone?

Aspen and Misty
06-09-2003, 12:16 PM
I can donate money also. I mow the grass every week and she can have the money I make from that. Sorry it's not alot, I hope it helps.

Ash

Nomilynn
06-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone!

WOW.. hopefully I can cover all this info.. let's see if I got it right.

I'm not setting up a paypal account. However, if you call the hospital directly you can give a credit card donation. Sharon actually said that would be easiest for them (that doesn't count people sending ME personal cheques/money orders).

My home address is the same as the Christmas card list. If you need it again, please PM me.

Sharon (the hosp administrator) has talked to me and to Karen, and she said that because this is a special case, they will take personal cheques and money orders from other currencies. The cheques/money orders have to be made out to "Animal Critical Care Group" and somewhere on the document needs to be my account, so "Naomi/Bassett Anderson" so that they know which account to put the money in. So, for those who want to send a cheque/money order right to the hospital, that is possible. For those who want to make a credit card donation, that is possible, just call reception and they will put the dollar amount into my account. For those who want to send ME the money, PM me for my address and I will cash the papers at the bank and take cash to the hospital. You can also send me cheques/money orders for the hospital and I can deliver them in person, if you are more comfortable with that.

However, the less paperwork that is sent to the hospital, the better. Sharon said that it makes them like a bank and I totally understand. I don't mind doing the legwork to get cheques and money orders cashed. If you can, please donate via credit card. It's the easiest way for the hospital to keep track of it all.

I hope this makes sense. I hope that Karen will post as well, so in case I've missed anything she will cover the difference. I'm a bit overwhelmed still *smiles through tears*

oh.. and here is the big news of the day..

******BASSETT'S SURGERY IS ON JUNE 23 @ 9AM******

So it's all really happening.. wow.

Thank you everyone for all your help. This is just amazing :) There is one thing that I need to tell you all though; this surgery is NOT a guarantee. This is Bassett's best CHANCE, but there is no definate outcome. I want people to know that up front, in case it changes their mind about whether to send money. I don't know if it will, but I want to make sure that people have all the info. It wouldn't be fair if I didn't tell you about that.

Anyway, I will be away for the next few days. I'm going to a birthday party/wedding planning thing for my best friend until Friday. I will try to check into Pet Talk while I'm away, but no guarantees. I gave Karen my phone number, so if anything really pressing happens, she can call me and tell me to get my butt online ;) My grandparents are coming to collect my mail, so no worries about cheques sitting in a mail box. Bassett goes into boarding at the vet this afternoon.

Thank you ALL SO MUCH for this. I'm so blessed to have you all in my life.

Thank you.. and Bassett says: gfvm,yhxuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudfuychyuh

ScantyNebula
06-09-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks Karen, I'll call them soon :D

Hang in there Basset! You'll be fine

Cataholic
06-09-2003, 01:56 PM
I just called and donated, and will tell you the woman that takes the CC information ***might*** make you cry. She is as grateful for us as I know Naomi and Bassett are!!!

RICHARD
06-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn

Thank you.. and Bassett says: gfvm,yhxuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudfuychyuh

lol,
bassett,
kjlkjopoiu[pui, oppow wereda 23 pppopiiop
lkjppuipaerag ........kjlkkwbhokj adrdada

richard and eddie

Prairie Purrs
06-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I just called and donated, and will tell you the woman that takes the CC information ***might*** make you cry. She is as grateful for us as I know Naomi and Bassett are!!!

I'll second that--I just talked to her and I'm still tearing up a little. :) I think you'll be in good hands, Bassett, honey.

marysmerrycats
06-09-2003, 02:23 PM
the I don't want to talk to her..I don't want to start crying!!

Naomi, I'm going to pm you.

Prairie Purrs
06-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
the I don't want to talk to her..I don't want to start crying!!

Oh, they're good tears! Happy tears! :D

lynnestankard
06-09-2003, 03:41 PM
I;m late getting here - just to say I'm SO pleased Jen., had this wonderful idea - good for you Jen.
I'm just getting onto the phone now to get through to Canada and donate to Naomi and Bassett - hang in there both of you - we all love you and between us we maybe able to make a difference. {{{Hugs}}}

Lynne

RockyRoad
06-09-2003, 03:53 PM
I'll ask my dad tonight if he will call and donate some money. We would all love to help you out Naomi. :)

carole
06-09-2003, 03:54 PM
The power of Pet talk never ceases to amaze me, isnt this just so wonderful to see, i think best way for me is a money order sent to you personally, might take a little while but it will get there in the end hopefully.
GOOD LUCK LIL KITTY with your surgery. cheeers

Nomilynn
06-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

What did she say? I'm really curious to know :) I might go in there this week and see how they are doing..

Also can anyone who donates by cc or cheque straight to the hospital please pm me and let me know? I want to make sure everyone gets a personal thank you from me and Bassett :)

BastetsMum
06-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Bastet and I will donate. I havea paypal account with some money in it... Do you want me to pm you Naomi? or would it be easier by credit card. Itty Bitty pm me and we can sort something out for you :)

ScantyNebula
06-09-2003, 04:02 PM
I Just called ... I said "Hi, I'd like to make a contribution to - " and she's like "Ohhh, for Bassett Anderson" lol, I guess she's used to getting those calls now :) They seemed really nice

Cataholic
06-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Naomi,
Let me assure you- it was a wonderful exchange. I called and first said to reception, " I would like to speak to someone concerning a donation to their account" and she immediately said, "For Bassett?". Then, I got to Sharon, in the back, and identified myself and she said, "For Bassett?" I said yes. She just went on to tell me how wonderful this all is, that she had just spoken to another person donating, and Mayor Karen, and of course, you. She was amazed at how powerful this all was, and that Bassett would be getting the best of care, and that you must be a special person, and we all knew Bassett was a special kitty. I learned she was from Texas. She told me I must have thought I was talking to a Canadian...since I spelled Cincinnati (and she knew Ohio). I laughed and told her there are plenty of Americans that can't spell Cincinnati, shoot, plenty of OHIOIANS for that matter. She just made me feel really good, like it was no trouble at all for her to take my CC, and figure the exchange rate for me...just a very nice person.

jenluckenbach
06-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Naomi, I jumped the gun (as is usual for me....I have NO patience) but the money order I sent you is in the animal care unit's name and Your name is on it as reference. Hopefully I will not be thought of as the one that caused all the "book work" for the vet clinic. hee hee:D

rg_girlca
06-09-2003, 05:15 PM
Count me in.:D I would be glad to help precious Bassett.

captain
06-09-2003, 05:27 PM
I am in the process of getting a credit card,.......... and then you can count me in .....

Although the Aussie dollar is not very good against the American, I will donate what I can.

Cheers
Michelle

lynnestankard
06-09-2003, 05:27 PM
Naomie - just got off the phone from talking to Sharon (what a lovely lady) and donating for dear Bassett's op. This has made things so much easier for us 'foreigners'!! Being able to pay with a credit card saves so much time. {{{Hugs}}} coming across to you both xxx

Lynne

Uabassoon
06-09-2003, 05:40 PM
I'm planning on donating, but it may not be for a few more days. I'm a little short on cash right now because I sent some money to help Kim with Kia's vet bills. But I should have a little more extra money before the surgery. I'll be sure to PM you when I send the money.

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Just off the phone myself, I agree Sharon is such a sweet lady. :D

gini
06-09-2003, 06:11 PM
I too, just got off of the phone after talking to Sharon to make my donation.

Aside from helping Bassett - I think all of us have made Sharon's day.

We both agreed that the next important step is to say lots of prayers for Bassett. She assured me that the clinic would be giving Bassett the very best care.......and that isn't a question that I asked - it was just her way of being reassuring.

bluekat
06-09-2003, 06:21 PM
I 'd like to help too, but have to ask my dad. I really do want to help, but well.......my parents might not let me. They always tell me to not believe everything on the Internet. But I do believe you guys, and I really want to help! I really would if I could, and I really care about you guys. So, I'll ask and see what I can do.
I'm so happy to be part of this community too, you guys are so nice. This is the best forum and the best site there is.:)
So, I'll ask, and if my parents won't let me, don't think that I don't care. Because I really do.
Take care&Best wishes!

gini
06-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
I 'd like to help too, but have to ask my dad. I really do want to help, but well.......my parents might not let me. They always tell me to not believe everything on the Internet. But I do believe you guys, and I really want to help! I really would if I could, and I really care about you guys. So, I'll ask and see what I can do.
I'm so happy to be part of this community too, you guys are so nice. This is the best forum and the best site there is.:)
So, I'll ask, and if my parents won't let me, don't think that I don't care. Because I really do.
Take care&Best wishes!

Bluekat - why don't you show your Mom and Dad all of the threads on the forum about Bassett - and have them read that people all across the globe - are jumping right in to help. I am not trying to convince your parents to donate - but it might be a good thing for them to see what is going on - and what you are involved in. You are absolutely right - this is the best site there is - and we have a wonderful group of caring people here. And after all........this is for a CAT!! How could you go wrong?:) :) Also a phone call to the clinic should reassure them - Karen, our one and only MAYOR has already cleared them.

bluekat
06-09-2003, 06:33 PM
Yes, I'll show them this soon! I'm sure they'll be convinced that there is nothing bad about this site.:)

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 06:46 PM
I would love to see how the donations are going, not 'who from' BUT the total amount donated.

We need some kind of chart like the church funds have.
Or
Just a post saying how much has been raised so far.

Pleeaasssseee. :D

Cataholic
06-09-2003, 06:48 PM
I hope this makes you all laugh...I got a call back from the clinic....something about my CC :eek: :eek:

So, I called the clinic back, and Sharon was on the phone, and needed to call me back. In the mean time, I called the CC company...seems Security wanted to speak to me about some UNUSUAL charges??? He he...I had forgotten that about one hour before I made a donation, I put Tex's medication on my charge, here in Ohio...and hours later, a charge in CANADA? He he he...so, they wanted to make sure it was me...

What a great CC company, eh? So, I authorized the charge, and hopefully, we are all set.

neko1
06-09-2003, 06:50 PM
I definately want to help.

Can someone please pm me with Naomi's address so I can send her a check?

Thanks a bunch:)

RICHARD
06-09-2003, 07:08 PM
since the "power of the pet" is so strong here..

i want you all to cheer on the Anaheim Ducks
to win the Stanley Cup....and if they win i'll
put in an extra tenner to my contribution....

go ducks!

Cataholic
06-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
since the "power of the pet" is so strong here..

i want you all to cheer on the Anaheim Ducks
to win the Stanley Cup....and if they win i'll
put in an extra tenner to my contribution....

go ducks!

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO NOT RIGHT!!!:D

jenluckenbach
06-09-2003, 07:11 PM
But what I really came to say is that there is a thread for thoughts and prayers, so whether you can financially contribute or not, you can give a little support here:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=379594#post379594

Prairie Purrs
06-09-2003, 07:25 PM
Go Ducks!! :D

(I haven't had anything to cheer about in the NHL playoffs since the Avalanche got eliminated.)

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 08:18 PM
????? Ducks ?????

Cataholic
06-09-2003, 08:53 PM
PIF- it is a hockey team over here....I assure you, absolutely nothing to even bother yourself with....(utter disdain)

ScantyNebula
06-09-2003, 09:01 PM
boy this thread went off topic LOL ... Go Basset! :D hehe

Prairie Purrs
06-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Oh, we're still on topic, since Richard said he'd contribute some more for a Ducks victory. So Ducks = bucks for Bassett, LOL! :D

Felicia's Mom
06-09-2003, 09:13 PM
I read this at work today, but thiis is my first chance to post. I want to donate some money. I think I read that personal checks were alright.

rg_girlca
06-09-2003, 09:19 PM
Aspen & Misty, I just wanted to say how touched I was by you willing to donate your hard earned money of mowing lawns to help dear Bassett.
Bless you my dear.

ozzlou
06-09-2003, 09:23 PM
could someone please pm me with naomi's address?
thanks,
ozzlou

wolf_Q
06-09-2003, 10:32 PM
I haven't decided yet whether to send a check or use my credit card, but I will donate very soon. :D

shais_mom
06-09-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
I haven't decided yet whether to send a check or use my credit card, but I will donate very soon. :D
cept mine will be a money order or card
but will decide and do it asap ;)

aly
06-09-2003, 10:59 PM
I love Naomi and Basset (and Tilly and Nutmeg) to death and have been figuring how I could come up with some money. I just don't make enough money to cover my expenses and fosters, especially Peka who needs daily medication and monthly vet visits and tests galore.... BUT my dad said I could put a donation for Bassett on his credit card and pay him back later when I can. THANKS DAD!

Aspen and Misty
06-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Aspen & Misty, I just wanted to say how touched I was by you willing to donate your hard earned money of mowing lawns to help dear Bassett.
Bless you my dear.

I only wish it was more.

Ash

ps: My dad said I can use his credit card, so my donation will be made soon!

Nomilynn
06-10-2003, 03:47 AM
Wow.. again, I am all misty eyed :) This is so amazing and overwhelming. My entire family is in awe of this community and the wonderful people here.

Aly - please tell your dad thank you from me. What a gift!

Ash - You donation has touched my soul; thank you so much. It's so gracious of you, and I really appreciate it.

And to all of you - THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love you all to death, and you are all the most best friends a girl and her kitty could ask for ;) I am trying my best to send a PM to everyone who donates, but if I miss you, please don't be offended. It's been very hard to keep up with it all. If I miss you, send me a nasty one and I'll try to make it up ;) :D

Thank you all again. This has really restored my faith in the goodness in people, and has given me and Bassett the hope for her life. Thank you so much.

Naomi

jenluckenbach
06-10-2003, 04:59 AM
I would love to see how the donations are going, not 'who from' BUT the total amount donated.
I must admit to being another one who is wondering about the total (Is that petty?) :o But even when I even watch a telethon for fund raising, my favorite part is to know if we are reaching the goal.
PLEASE NAOMI
when you get an update from the hospital, could you inform us? :)

IttyBittyKitty
06-10-2003, 05:24 AM
I agree! I thought people would think that it was petty, but I think that knowing how far we've come will give people hope! Especially Naomi when she realises just how generous PTers are!

PayItForward
06-10-2003, 05:34 AM
Yes. As people might want to make further donation next month (after payday)

Logan
06-10-2003, 06:13 AM
Well, I think the Ducks let Richard down last night. :( But if they had only known they were helping Basset, maybe they would have played better!!! :D

Naomi, I am keeping Basset in my prayers. :)

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 06:25 AM
I don't see posting the amount as petty. We are all trying to reach a goal....and, want to see how close we are to it, and it would be awe inspiring to see us reach, or even exceed, our goal! So, maybe the clinic could let Naomi know?

IttyBittyKitty
06-10-2003, 06:58 AM
Glad to see you all agree. Meanwhile, Naomi will have a very good idea of how much we've raised once the vet tells her how much she needs to cover! But I think it would be nice for the vets to provide regular updates!

ScantyNebula
06-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Yes! We need totals ... that will make us even more determined to donate more money to reach the goal for Naomi and Bassett! :D

ramanth
06-10-2003, 07:40 AM
My check will be in the mail today Naomi. :)

*hugs to you and sweet Bassett*

HayleyRosie
06-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Count me in Jen! My thoughts are with Naomi and Bassett.

Cinder & Smoke
06-10-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Well, I think the Ducks let Richard down last night. :(

Dad sez we'z gonna covur da Duck Bet :p
wiffa lil extree when we kall da Hoppsbittel!

GO Duckz!
Hummmmph... gess dey *WENT*... :rolleyes:

RICHARD
06-10-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Dad sez we'z gonna covur da Duck Bet :p
wiffa lil extree when we kall da Hoppsbittel!

GO Duckz!
Hummmmph... gess dey *WENT*... :rolleyes:

THANKS GUYS!!

that's what i get for trying to BUY the stanley
cup....I have the saucers and the dinner plates .....

The tenner stays in the pot....

plus, i should have known that the 'Power of the Pet' shall not be used for ill gotten gains....
Sorry Karen, I didn't mean to try and 'Pete Rose'
the Pet Talk Bylaws.

:rolleyes:

gini
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Naomi has asked and it is a good idea that all of us let her know directly -

Your full name:
Your Pet Talk name:
How much you donated:
Credit Card to the Clinic or
Check to Naomi

We don't need to know who gave what - but Naomi will know and then be able to come up with the total donations. It will be important for the clinic to let Naomi know how much has been donated for Bassett.

There is a momentum that has built up and we don't want anyone to lose enthusiasm over making a donation.

It would be wonderful if we could make our goal!!

marysmerrycats
06-10-2003, 11:42 AM
I have also thought of that, would like to know how tht total is going... not from who but just the total.

and thats a good idea too, I will donate again next month.

another idea... anyone that knows other pet lovers, friends, or co-workers, maybe they can donate? anywhere anyone can get donations from would help.

Cinder & Smoke
06-10-2003, 12:01 PM
Here'z WHO we're talkin bout :cool: ...

Bassett, at 6 weekz...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p3ce6106e5c81b850bf2625c5729cea2a/fc64ad02.jpg

An WOW! Whudda *LOOKER* She iz NOW!! :Dhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p8ce8a98a6966c3abe97674298a965e36/fc531c1f.jpg

;)

Albea
06-10-2003, 12:19 PM
I've been out all morning, but as soon as I get off I'll call the vet's office and and make a credit card donation.

kimlovescats
06-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Naomi,

My donation is on it's way by "snail mail"! Love to you, Bassett and your family!

((((HUGS))))

Kim:)

NoahsMommy
06-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Naomi,

I can't even tell you how hard we are praying for sweet Bassett and for you. Know that we are all here for you both....David said he'd babysit Nutmeg if Bassett needed "quiet time" when she comes home. ;)

I called the clinic and gave them my credit card. I just quit my job, so I couldn't donate a huge amount, but we gave what we could. I love how the exchange rate works in your favor!

God bless you, your family and of course, the furkids. Give Bassett lots of love for us. I know she knows she loved. You are awesome Naomi!

Love,
Kelly, David and the furkids

Nomilynn
06-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Hi guys!

I promise to get a running total of what the clinic has received so far sometime today. I would prefer to go in and get a print out, but if that isn't possible I will call. Once the cheques start coming in, I will also keep a running total of those. It will be much easier to keep the total AFTER I've received the cheques and cashed them; that way you can learn the Canadian amount donated and how it relates to the Canadian goal.. does that make any sense? LOL :) I hope so.

I agree - you should all know how much has been raised, and once I know, I will give you frequent updates. :)

Thank you all - you are all the best!!

Naomi

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-10-2003, 01:41 PM
I just now came accross this. Who should I mail the check to? Please let me know so that I can get it in the check today.

Bassett is in my thoughts!

Barbara
06-10-2003, 02:17 PM
I just called the clinic and gave them my credit card info. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to Bassett, Nathan and you -and some scritchies for Tilly and Nutmeg:) :D

Karen
06-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
I just now came accross this. Who should I mail the check to? Please let me know so that I can get it in the check today.

Bassett is in my thoughts!

You can do it by credit card easily just by calling the Animal Critical Care hospital, and saying you'd like to donate to the account for Bassett Anderson. You'll probably talk to Sharon, and she'll understand! Credit card is easiest, or you can mail a check if you prefer that, to the clinic or to Nomilyn, PM me if you want the address.

The phone number of the
Animal Critical Care Group: 604-473-4882
They are open Pacific Standard time from 8am to 8 pm.

Killearn Kitties
06-10-2003, 03:33 PM
I've just spoken to Sharon at the surgery, she really is lovely isn't she? She is taking the time to talk to everyone and this must be giving them a lot of extra work. I'm sure Bassett is in good hands!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p951c5330b83a09245415de9288292024/fbf9ca7e.jpg.thumb

jenluckenbach
06-10-2003, 04:09 PM
and all because I would think of something someone here said on this thread. It gives me goose bumps and get me all teary eyed just thinking about the wonderful thoughts, words and deeds that are being performed right here before our very eyes. This is no less than a miracle and I am PROUD to be a part of it.
(It renews my faith in the human race) :D

Killearn Kitties
06-10-2003, 04:16 PM
You're so right Jen - this benefits everyone doesn't it? Not just Nomi and Bassett.

Miss Meow
06-10-2003, 05:13 PM
He he, this is fun! I just rang Sharon, but she was on the phone, and Candace said, "Can Sharon call you back?" I said sure, but I'm in Australia so maybe she doesn't want to do that ;) She didn't miss a beat and there's a little something more to help Bassett and Naomi out :)

PayItForward
06-10-2003, 05:31 PM
It renews my faith in the human race
Same here

I can't wait to hear, how much has been raised for Bassett :D

jenluckenbach
06-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Just for those that are as interested in numbers, I attempted to count all the people that posted on this thread that would be making a donation and including myself came up with 52 names.

WE ARE PET TALK !!! :D

PayItForward
06-10-2003, 05:39 PM
To cover Bassett operation costing $4750 (Can dollers)

If the 52 people (on average) donated:-

$91 (Can Dollers)
OR
$67 (USA Dollers)
OR
£40 (UK Pounds)

We would reach $4750 goal.

Fingers crossed. :D

bluekat
06-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Fingers crossed here too:D I'm pretty sure that the amount is high.
I'm still praying!:)

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 06:14 PM
I cannot do the math...but, are you saying if the 52 people Jen has counted donate the 'average', we will have the FULL amount? Good NESS that would be so HUGE!!!!:D

ChrisH
06-10-2003, 06:19 PM
I didn`t ask for Sharon, was I supposed to? Anyway, no matter, I spoke to Diane and she seemed nice, worked fast too!:D

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH
I didn`t ask for Sharon, was I supposed to? Anyway, no matter, I spoke to Diane and she seemed nice, worked fast too!:D

Oh, Chris, I don't think so. Sharon works in the money department, that's all. Maybe with all the calls, they are recruiting the reception desk, too!

Cinder & Smoke
06-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Dad phoned in an talked ta Miz Saron...
He figgered she'd talk Canadian, Ay? an mite not
unnerstand Ohio BArk, but we thunk she did jest Fine! :rolleyes:

Dad sed she wuz REEL nice - an mentioned how *sweet* :) it wuz wiff
allua Pet Talkerz helpin poor Bassett an Naomi.

She sed there wuz a hole buncha Speshulistz wuz gonna be doin
da Sir Jury stuff - then *watchin* Bassett inna ICU an Recovery area.
An there'z Doc's there 24/7!
She sed they wuz gonna do Their Best fur Bassett!! :)

Soundz like a reelee Furst Klass Hoppsbittel!

Enniewayz, we put sum Koinz inna Bassett KittyBank...
an iffin we needz summore - we'z gonna do it agin!
We wunt Bassett stayin Inside in ICU - an not havin ta sleep
unner a bush :eek: out inna parkin lot!

jenluckenbach
06-10-2003, 07:00 PM
RICHARD PM'd me with a great idea, and even though I told him I would wait to hear back from him before I jumped right in, (patience is not my strong suit), I thought I'd bring up the idea.
His proposal was to compile a list of thank you's and comments from those who donated money and send them to the clinic to thank Sharon and all the others involved for all the extra time and trouble they have obviously needed to go through due to the large unexpected amount of phone calls and etc.
I'd love to recruit a volunteer to accept the PM's, and I think the THANK YOU's should be in a PM because each person may want to add their real name and not publicize it. I will also be glad to do my share of the work, but when it comes to printing something "fancy" out, I am not your expert at all.

Maybe we could draft RICHARD ;)

rg_girlca
06-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Just like jenluckenbach said, I also get goosebumps and teary eyed reading everyones post.
It is such a great thing that everyone is doing and I too am so proud to be able to contribute in helping Naomi and her precious Bassett.

I just can't wait for the day when I read...........

WE'VE DONE IT!

Oh the tears will be a flowing big time.

rg_girlca
06-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Oh that sounds like a great idea. If I had a printer, I would gladly do it. But if there is anything else I can do to help I would gladly do it.

Cataholic
06-10-2003, 07:57 PM
A thought...Kayanne and some of the others are out of school, and really pretty dern talented with the computer...maybe we could recruit one of them? I think some of the younger ones would like to help out, in a non financial way, so, they might be better suited for some of the stuff???

Nomilynn
06-10-2003, 08:49 PM
Hi guys -

I called the clinic at 6:30pm, but the general reception was closed :confused: :confused: I thought they were open later. So, I will call tomorrow.. I promise!

Jen - thank you for counting out for me. As people let me know they have donated, I have sent them a thank you right away, and then cleaned out my PM box. I have not even been keeping track of how many people have donated and what the amounts have been (some people haven't given a specific amount, just a "little something" ;))

When I go to the hospital, I will try to get a print out so I can let you know what the average donation has been.. would that be ok? I don't know if I can do that, but I will try. There should be a record somewhere in my account that shows each payment.

Nathan came up with a really neat idea.. if for some reason there is "leftovers" after the surgery, he suggested we have a PT emergency fund. The money could be held by someone, and when there is an emergency or serious problem for another member, we might be able to have a fund to help them out? What do you all think? I guess it would be Karen's call. Anyway, just a thought. Another thing I thought was if there was leftover money, I could donate to a cat rescue fund or something.. I want the money to go to cats in need, just like Bassett :)

Thank you all so much! You are all amazing :)

Naomi

Uabassoon
06-10-2003, 09:08 PM
I personally really like the idea of a PT emergency fund. Because all of the pets here are like our own, we grow to love all of the PT pets so if this situation ever happened again it would be nice if we had a little fund.

kimlovescats
06-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Naomi, the PT Emergency Fund is a brilliant idea! But let's get Bassett better first!!! ;)

PayItForward
06-11-2003, 05:11 AM
PT Emergency Fund is a great idea.

Those who can afford it could donate £1/$1 a month and the fund would grow monthly untill it was needed. :D

jenluckenbach
06-11-2003, 06:21 AM
I just now noticed that the "powers that be" put this thread at the top.:D More tears for the eyes.

thanks Paul :)

IttyBittyKitty
06-11-2003, 06:30 AM
Now why didn't we ask for this earlier? :D

Ah well, it is in it's rightful place now!

STILL WAITING to hear from Bastet's Mum about clubbing together ... has she been online? Otherwise I'm going to have to ask the bank next door to work REALLY nicely for moolah exchange or something!

Albea
06-11-2003, 10:16 AM
I called the vet's clinic yesterday and made my donation but talked to the recepcionist, not that nice lady, Sharon. Well. I suppose it saved me the "crying" bit that so many of you went through...
The "thank you" idea is great, as well as the one establishing an emergency fund for sick pets.

RICHARD
06-11-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Maybe we could draft RICHARD ;)

whatever I can do.

maybe we could break up the PM gathering, editing and printing......spread it out, so everyone can
have a hand in it...the kids on vacation/talent
sounds great....

i have no talent....

i can tie my shoes, does that count?

All Creatures Great And Small
06-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Me and YellowLabLover are in too - I called today and talked to Diane. (I had to make 4 tries to get through.....probably getting a lot of calls from PT'ers! ;) :D )

Hang in there, Bassett - help is on the way!

emily_the_spoiled
06-11-2003, 12:45 PM
I called the vet's office yesterday and talked with Sharon. You are right, she is almost enough to make the tears start...

RICHARD
06-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Dad phoned in an talked ta Miz Saron...

Enniewayz, we put sum Koinz inna Bassett KittyBank...
an iffin we needz summore - we'z gonna do it agin!
We wunt Bassett stayin Inside in ICU - an not havin ta sleep
unner a bush :eek: out inna parkin lot!

Thank you Cinder and Smoke for covering the "Duckz" bet...forever indebted!

(GO DUCKS.....yeah, south for the summer!)

And it was both of you that gave CatsinDenver and
I the idea to 'sponsor' kids for Bassett's fund.

NO parking lot sleeping for Bassett!!!

It looks like we are going to be canadian baseball
fans for a while, now if we can figure out if the runs scored during the game are worth MORE in Canadian exchange rates!?!?!?!?!;)

Thanks again and give your dad a big wet one!!

richard

Nomilynn
06-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Ok, I'm going to the vet today at around 2pm.. I will post an update tonight.. (I know you are thinking.. SUUURE.. we've all heard that before) but I really will :)

Nomilynn
06-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Hi!

I went in today and met Sharon. She is such a great person! She is so pleased to be a part of this. She said it's the first time she has ever dealt with a donation thing like this, and she is completely touched :)

I also got our total so far. Keep in mind, this is JUST the credit card donations. I have not yet picked up any cheques or any wire transfers. So far, Bassett has....

Are you ready??? ;)

$1206.36!!!!!!!

Isn't that amazing? I am so heartwarmed by all of the help Bassett has received. We are almost halfway to the deposit. THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!!! :D :D

NoahsMommy
06-12-2003, 01:20 AM
Wow, that is so great Naomi!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I know not everyone can send a whole lot, but look how quickly its adding up!!! That's so cool!

Sharon was such a sweetie when I called yesterday. Is all this causing her a ton of work?

Barbara
06-12-2003, 03:41 AM
's wonderful! 's marvelous:D :D :D

jenluckenbach
06-12-2003, 04:53 AM
:eek: :D My hope was for half of the deposit, but now knowing we are there ALREADY and the "paper" donations are not even totaled yet....................:)

I'm speachless....................:D

YEAH !

IttyBittyKitty
06-12-2003, 06:11 AM
:DITTYBITTY KITTY DOES A SILLY DANCE ........WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I haven't heard from Bastet's Mum yet, so I'm going to have to send a cheque or a money order or somethin' ... this means that I will have to figure it out with the bank! Let them do the hard yards!

So I'm going to have to apologise if my donation is a bit late :(

Unless I can enlist the help of another Aussie with a credit card ... or whatever!

Can someone send me Naomis postal address?

ScantyNebula
06-12-2003, 06:58 AM
WOW! This is just amazing! This is great Naomi! Make sure Bassett knows how much everyone here is wishing her a safe recovery!

anna_66
06-12-2003, 08:55 AM
I would love to help, I will be calling the office as soon as I get off. Aren't PTer's just the best people in the world:D
This thread just makes me all teary eyed!
I hope this surgery works for Bassett-"GO BASSETT!!"

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Naomi, the PT Emergency Fund is a brilliant idea! But let's get Bassett better first!!!

my thoughts exactly!

ramanth
06-12-2003, 09:20 AM
Woohoo! :D

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 09:25 AM
wow thats great about the total!!:D :D

Kirsten
06-12-2003, 09:41 AM
I would also love to help, even though I can't give much at the moment. Is there a way to pay by credit card? ('Cause money orders from Germany into other countries are extrem expensive).

Kirsten

Karen
06-12-2003, 10:02 AM
Yup! Credit card is actually the easiest way - just call the clinic

Animal Critical Care Hospital
Canada number 604-473-4882
and ask for Sharon Brown, tell her you want to make a contribution for Bassett Anderson!

She knows all about it, and will take you through it all by phone.

They're open 8am to 8pm Pacific Standard time.

Kirsten
06-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Thanks Karen! I'll try that!

Kirsten

rosethecopycat
06-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Is that total in $CAN?

It sounds good to me. Glad we can knock a dent in it.

RICHARD
06-12-2003, 11:05 AM
i think we should get jerry lewis to announce the totals..:D

HayleyRosie
06-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Wow the total is great.

Nomilynn
06-12-2003, 12:44 PM
Yup, that total is in Canadian. I have no way of telling you what it would be in any other currency, as the vet clinic works in that currency.

Thank you all so much - this is great! :)

slick
06-12-2003, 03:16 PM
I posted this in Cat Health but I'll do it here as well. I've just dropped off my cheque today. So we are doing great.!!!! Still praying every day.

jenluckenbach
06-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Who would like to say Thank you to the Vet's clinic?
go here for info;

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28361

bluekat
06-12-2003, 04:11 PM
WOW, that's almost halfway, and that's not even all the donations yet! I'm so happy, that's a great total!

smokey the elder
06-12-2003, 04:50 PM
I'll "plastic" a few bux for Bassett. I think it's great that we can all reach out thru Cyberspace to help out a pal we've never seen face to face! The BEST of the Internet...:D

marysmerrycats
06-12-2003, 05:33 PM
i think we should get jerry lewis to announce the totals.. well, there goes the money...:D :D :D

"got good news and bad news... the good news is the goal was reached...the bad news is, it cost that much to get him to announce it!...":rolleyes:

Miss Meow
06-12-2003, 05:40 PM
That is wicked!!!

Hey, Naomi, if the surgeon is having other vet types coming to watch the surgery, maybe THEY could make a donation as well :)

I'm super impressed with the generosity of PetTalkers - not just money-wise, but in all the other important stuff like love, energy, prayers, good karma etc etc :D

rg_girlca
06-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Amen to that Miss Meow

Felicia's Mom
06-12-2003, 09:28 PM
My check is in the mail.:) :)

shais_mom
06-13-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Felicia's Mom
My check is in the mail.:) :)

mine Too!

IttyBittyKitty
06-13-2003, 07:18 AM
Mine will be coming with Bastet'sMum's ... she's been AWOL with the flu :(

BastetsMum
06-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Will be telephoning today ittybitty :) At least they can understand me now without the sniffles ... :D

Nomilynn
06-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Hi!

I'm finally back home now. Bassett is SO happy to have her mom back :) I got over $200can in the mail today.. thank you all so much!

Naomi

jenluckenbach
06-13-2003, 06:59 PM
That should make about $1400.00. WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

marysmerrycats
06-13-2003, 09:13 PM
YAY!!:D :D :D

IttyBittyKitty
06-14-2003, 03:03 AM
That's a large chunk of change! Excellent!

Bastet'sMum, tell me how much I owe and I'll get it to you this week :D

bluekat
06-14-2003, 09:02 AM
:D :D :D YAY! The total is great!:D :D :D

anna_66
06-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Wonderful:D :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2003, 02:06 PM
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! This is great news. :D

ScantyNebula
06-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Congratulations!!! BTW, love your new sig Naomi

slick
06-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Naomi: I see the Sir Jury is June 23rd. I can leave work early and meet you at the Clinic in the afternoon if that would help. Just trying to give you as much support as you need.

Nomilynn
06-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Thanks Vickie :)

I won't be able to visit with Bassett on that first day, so I will likely just drop her off and then leave, and wait for phone calls. She will be in pretty intensive care, and the surgeon said that no visitors would be allowed in the first day.

I will, however, be visiting her every day after that until she comes home :) Do you still have my cell phone number? I've lost your numbers :o if you want to PM me then I can give you a call and maybe you can come and visit Bassett with me when she is feeling better :)

EDIT: I just called the clinic, and the total is now up to 1306.36!!!!! Along WITH the cash I have so far received, our grand total is.....

$1534.67!!!!!!

This is just amazing. Thank you all SOOO much. You are the best :)

jenluckenbach
06-15-2003, 03:39 PM
YIPPPPEEEEEEE :D

ScantyNebula
06-15-2003, 09:04 PM
WHOOOOOO!!!!

That is AWESOME! Great job everyone! :D

rg_girlca
06-15-2003, 09:06 PM
Doing the Happy Happy, Joy Joy dance.

YYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO

IttyBittyKitty
06-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Pet talk ROCKS!

anna_66
06-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by IttyBittyKitty
Pet talk ROCKS!
How true!:D

lynnestankard
06-16-2003, 07:52 AM
We're The Best!!!

Great news - I'm so pleased :D :D :D

(Off to do HaPPY dANCE!!)

Lynne

NoahsMommy
06-16-2003, 05:35 PM
That is so wonderful (the total) Naomi!! Prayers are still coming your way...

RICHARD
06-17-2003, 01:30 PM
I have only received a handfull of 'thank you's'
so far!!!!! I'd like to beat Mary!!!!!

let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Ok, so I'm still getting caught up with everything, and being a little distracted by a certain gray/white kitty, but I have to say I was almost in tears many times as I read through this thread. You Pet Talkers are truly a wonderful bunch! And I know those who couldn't donate money are sending many prayers and positive thoughts to help Bassett through this tough sir jury. I'm so proud to be part of such a wonderful group, and to think we're only a cyber community. A lot of "real" communities aren't this wonderful!

I saved the instructions from Karen and will be calling in a donation right quick here. Thanks to Jen for getting this going, and to Karen and Paul for the hard work in getting it set up with the hobbspital (did I spell that right Cinder?) and keeping it at the top so I didn't miss it.

What a wonderful, wonderful group of people. :cool:

catsgalore
06-18-2003, 07:44 PM
Richard, Marys card is done and ready to mail...is yours done??

:D :D

kimlovescats
06-19-2003, 12:30 PM
I must have missed something ..... was I supposed to sign a card or somethin??? YIKES... SORRY ... I've been really busy lately, and not on PT very much!:(

Nomilynn
06-19-2003, 01:44 PM
I've seen Richard's card - it looks great! Since Mary's is done, if there are any more thank you's it might just be easier to send them on to Richard :)

Thanks everyone, for being a part of this :)

catsgalore
06-19-2003, 09:34 PM
the card is not actually printed out yet, so there can still be more thank you's added to it, but whoever wants to send them to Richard, thats fine, no big deal.

just so there is no repeating or anyone wondering, heres the ones on the card.....

Carole
Anna _66
Vio & Juni
Jenluckenbach
Chris H
Ittybittykitty
Cats in Denver
aguu
Cataholic
AmberLee
Payitforward
killearn kitties
Barbara
Lynnestankard
Gini
Krazyabout kats

Corinna
06-20-2003, 12:31 AM
I just got Winkys vet bill paid off . I'll send and international money order(no CC) I get paid tomorrow. Good luck to all you will be in Merlin and families prayers.

Nomilynn
06-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Hey Everyone!

Well, as you all know, Bassett's surgery is on Monday. I got another cheque in the mail today, so I went to the bank and cashed all the ones I received this week. I also called the critical care unit, and got an update from them. Are you ready for this? ;)

$1782.51!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have $125 American in cheques/money orders, that are made out direcctly to the Critical Care Unit, and that should come out to *approximately* $165, depending on what the exchange rate is on Monday when I hand it all over to the hospital.

Unless there is another CC donation made over the weekend, this total won't change until I come BACK from Bassett's surgery, around the 29th of June. I've put a stop mail order on my mail, so everything will be held at the post office until I get home, so no worries about money sitting in the mail box. Any money that does come in after the fact, though, will still be forwarded to the clinic.. I still have three months to pay it off so I will make sure all Bassett's money gets there :)

Thank you all so much for your help - this is so amazing to me :)

Love,
Naomi and Bassett

gini
06-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Naomi, I am so happy for you. I know all of us will be praying for Bassett on Monday.

You are still a long way away from your obligation to the Clinic.

Perhaps we can inspire everyone to tell their friends and we can start another round of financial help.

But that total is pretty amazing................

IttyBittyKitty
06-21-2003, 02:53 AM
:D x 1782.51!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-21-2003, 08:04 AM
I just got back from vacation and this is the first I have seen of this thread. I phoned the clinic to make a donation but I got their answering machine, so I'll try again on Monday.

Sending you prayers and postive thoughts, both Naomi and Bassett.

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes reading these posts - it makes me so proud to be part of the PT Family!

Best wishes to everyone
Julie and Ally (Ally sends Kitten Kisses, as always!)

rg_girlca
06-21-2003, 09:37 AM
Wow Naomi, the new total is fantastic.

Three cheers for everyone on Pet Talk.

The picture from Britt, Malley & Oreo is just priceless.

Rottieluver45
06-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Do you guys still need the donation? I`ve got $30 I can Spare! Just tell me what to do and I`ll do it!

gini
06-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Rottieluver45
Do you guys still need the donation? I`ve got $30 I can Spare! Just tell me what to do and I`ll do it!

Please.....go back to page one of this thread........and scroll down until you come to Naomi's post with the information that will help you in making a donation.

Naomi is so grateful for all of our help.......and the surgery bill will be huge. Even though we were able to make a big dent in her bill, she still has a long way to go to pay off the expense.

Thank you!!

zippy-kat
06-21-2003, 06:58 PM
My donation will go in the mail on Monday.
So sorry it's a bit "late" but I had to pay off a few bills first.

{{Good luck, Bassett!}}

Nomilynn
06-21-2003, 07:18 PM
Thank you all so much for your continiued support and prayers!

It means so much :)

As for late donations - it's not a problem. I still have a LOONG way to go in paying it off, and I have three months to do it in, so, nothing is late so far :)

Thank you so much for all your help. I am still so touched and amazed at the love here... it really helps me through the stress of all this!

Naomi

K9karen
06-21-2003, 10:38 PM
A very belated response..sorry.... I can barely read all of the Dog stuff but for some reason, I just happened to read Cat General..SO, I take this as an omen....Wow..kinda spooky... I won't be available most of Sunday, so on Monday, I promise to call in a donation! Anything to help our sweet, loving Pet Talkers and their pets!!!! Prayers on the way to you Naomi, Nathan and Bassett!!

Rottieluver45
06-21-2003, 11:27 PM
I`m gonna mail in $30 I promise, but it might not be for about 2 or 3 weeks. My sister had to borrow it so...unfortnatly I can`t mail in money for a while. Sorry! :(

lynnestankard
06-22-2003, 11:43 AM
Naomi - just to let you know I'm keeping Bassett in my thoughts - I know the BIG day is tomorrow, but hey some good vibes won't do any harm will they.

You're both in my prayers - I just hope tomorrow goes well.

{{{Hugs}}} across the miles.

Lynne

catsgalore
06-22-2003, 12:27 PM
good luck Bassett! best of luck during the surgery and all thru your recovery! sending prayers for you...may you get thru all this and have no more sickness! I will be thinking of you tomorrow on your big day!

bluekat
06-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Best of luck with the surgery and the recovery!:)
((((((hugs))))))

Killearn Kitties
06-22-2003, 01:14 PM
We'll all be thinking of you both tomorrow. Hoping hard that it goes well.

Albea
06-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Sweet Bassett, tomorrow is the big day and we hope all will be well. Best wishes for a successful outcome and a quick recovery.
Naomi, I'll be thinking of you and sending many good thoughts your way.

Cincy'sMom
06-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Best wishes for the surgery tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-22-2003, 01:59 PM
Dearest Basset

We pray that God will guide the surgeons steady hands, and be with all of you tomorrow.

We stand in agreement that the surgery will be a success, in Jesus name.

Amen,

Julie & Ally
Bahrain

carole
06-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Hoping all goes well tomorrow dear bassett and HUGS to you naomi, this will be a tough day for you. thinking of you both.

rosethecopycat
06-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Lighting a candle and singing Meezer songs for you tomorrow, Bassett.

Karen
06-22-2003, 04:42 PM
You will be in our thoughts and prayers tonight and tomorrow and until we hear from you again! No biting the vet, Bassett - they're going to help you, okay?

Prairie Purrs
06-22-2003, 04:52 PM
Dear Bassett,

Kacey, Kiri, Cricket, Lily, Katie, Oz, Gatsby, Hagrid, Bob, Angel, and I send our best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Nomilynn
06-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Thank you everyone!

I'm about to shut down my computer and get all the last minute things done. To help keep me calm I went to a cat show today and got the girls a little toy :) I also met a Moo-cat, who played with the new toy, and gave it a thumbs up :)

I'm torn between being nervous and sad and scared and.. blah all at the same time. I do not doubt that this is the right decision.. I just want Bassett to be ok.

I will try to check in at least once a day to give you all updates. Also, I hope to be able to document the recovery with photos, so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for your prayers and support - you are all wonderful.

Off we go!
Naomi

NoahsMommy
06-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Nom,

You and Bassett are in our prayers. (David has Nutmeg in his prayers all the time, "Lord, please send me Nutmeg. Please?" ;) )

If you need anything, please let me/us know.

Love,
Kelly, David and the furkids

Miss Meow
06-22-2003, 06:02 PM
We'll be thinking of you and Bassett during this scary time. Good luck with everything and we'll be sending all the positive thoughts we have {{{big hugs}}}

gini
06-22-2003, 06:06 PM
Dear Naomi, I have had you and Bassett on my mind all day.

Just think of us as a HUGE wall of Pet Talkers all behind you sending you prayers and positive thoughts.

Special hugs to you right now!

Cataholic
06-22-2003, 06:15 PM
Naomi,
I echo Gini's post...we here in Cincinnati are part of the wall. Prayers, hugs, and lots of love to Bassett and you.
Johanna

PayItForward
06-22-2003, 06:30 PM
We can be a bit of wall too ;)

We'll be thinking positive thoughts for Bassett & You (& Bassett siblings)

May everything go well tomorrow.

If you have time & energy, we would love an update.

Steffi N
06-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Naomi and Bassett, you know all our hopes and prayers are with you. I hope so much that everything goes well.

krazyaboutkatz
06-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Naomi, Prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way for both you and Bassett. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

rg_girlca
06-22-2003, 10:29 PM
My prayers and thoughts will be with you Naomi and Bassett.

Vio&Juni
06-23-2003, 04:16 AM
Good luck today!

ChrisH
06-23-2003, 04:50 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts being sent that everything goes well for Bassett today.

Chris

lynnestankard
06-23-2003, 07:46 AM
This is THE day - Bassett won't be worried or scared but it's you Naomi that's going through all the scary stuff - I'll be lighting my candle of 6pm here - lunch time with you - it's for you both.
{{{Hugs}}}} across the miles - the prayer wall grows minute by minute.

Lynne

ScantyNebula
06-23-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
This is THE day - Bassett won't be worried or scared but it's you Naomi that's going through all the scary stuff - I'll be lighting my candle of 6pm here - lunch time with you - it's for you both.
{{{Hugs}}}} across the miles - the prayer wall grows minute by minute.

Lynne

Amen to that. I will be thinking of you both!!!

zippy-kat
06-23-2003, 07:55 AM
~Keeping you guys in my thoughts & prayers~

anna_66
06-23-2003, 07:55 AM
I'll be saying a prayer that all goes as planned:)

IttyBittyKitty
06-23-2003, 08:16 AM
ALL PAWS AND FINGERS CROSSED!

aguu
06-23-2003, 10:14 AM
You're both in my thougths and prayers...

BastetsMum
06-23-2003, 04:18 PM
Prayers from Bastet and her companion :D Things will be ok :)

bluekat
06-23-2003, 04:45 PM
I'm hoping that everything's going well:) keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

NoahsMommy
06-23-2003, 05:03 PM
I wonder when she'll be out of surgery? Saying prayers for sweet, Bassett.

Cinder & Smoke
06-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Most recent news is posted on this thread...

"Candle and Prayers for Bassett" (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&postid=396372)

Bassett's Sir Jury bagan about 5 PM Eastern Time...
which was 2 PM Pacific Time.

The operation will last about 2 Hours.

We'll try to have an update on the Prayer Thread later.

/s/ Phred

Nomilynn
06-23-2003, 06:52 PM
UPDATES!!! :)

Bassett is out of surgery, and starting to wake up. The surgeon's words were "Bassett has been ROCK SOLID STEADY and did very well!" What a trooper my baby is!!!!!!

Before the surgery, they did an ultrasound. Her pericardium sac was significantly thicker than it was before, and there was still a lot of fluid, so they went in. They did all three procedures, and Dr. Schiller said there weren't any complications. Bassett has a lot of scarring on her lungs from the fluid being in there all the time, but Dr. Schiller expected that and was not suprised with what she saw (which I take as good news.. today I like boring with no suprises on the side). They opted not to put in a feeding tube because, as Dr. Schiller put it, "With her tortie attitude, we thought the less irritation the better." Hmm.. I wonder if anyone needed bandaids after Bassett's xrays and ultrasound this morning!! One thing that Bassett has always been good at, though, is EATING. She loves to eat, and I know when I took her in this morning she was hungry and was quite mad at me that I hadn't let her eat since midnight. So, I think she will be fine as long as her anasthesia doesn't make her nausous. (I'm pretty sure I spelled all that wrong.. sorry :o ).

I got *no* sleep last night.. between my busy mind and Bassett begging for food.. it was horrible. I've been sleeping most of the day. Now that I know Bassett is doing well, I feel much more refreshed :) I can't see her tonight, but Dr. Schiller urged me to come and see her tomorrow.. so I will be doing that and bringing her some of her favourite fishy treats :)

Thank you all for your prayers - THEY ARE WORKING so keep it up!

And thank you also for all these amazing sigs. They are AWESOME! :)

Love you all!
Naomi

kittens
06-23-2003, 06:57 PM
HORRAY!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)
KEEP BEING STRONG BASSETT!:)

Prairie Purrs
06-23-2003, 06:57 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D