PDA

View Full Version : Funny Cide lost his chance!

AmylovesMisty
06-08-2003, 11:29 AM
I'm surprised NONE of you have posted about this already but Funny Cide lost his chance at the triple crown! Empire Maker won the Belmont Stakes preventing Funny Cide from getting that pretty rose necklace..read more about it at..LOL Funny Cide's offical website http://www.funnycide.com

AmylovesMisty
06-08-2003, 02:13 PM
Am i the only fan here of Funny Cide!?

primabella
06-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Probably because I have no idea what your talking about :p Sorry. ;)

slleipnir
06-08-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm not really into horse racing..Love horses..but not racing...I watch it from time to time but not enough to know many horses..I know like older ones like Cigar etc..lol

Karen
06-08-2003, 03:26 PM
Horse racing! Funny Cide is a gelding who won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness, and just missed his chance to be the first "Triple Crown" winner in 25 years.

Oh well. At least, as a gelding, he won't be "retired to stud" anyway, and can keep racing if he wants to!

lovemyshiba
06-08-2003, 03:40 PM
I watched the race yesterday (I'm not a big fan of the ponies), hoping to catch a glimpse of history in the making. I was disappointed that Funny Cide didn't win--maybe next year!!!

Desert Arabian
06-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Yup. I saw the race. Knew he was gunna loose. He was way too hot before they loaded him into the gates, and wasted all of his energy in the beginning of the race. I'm not a bit suprised.