PDA

View Full Version : I Went To A Cat Show Today And Came Home With Cat # 4

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2003, 12:21 AM
Hi everyone. :) I went to a local catshow today and I met AmberLee and her sister and niece there. I had read that it started at 10am and that there would also be adoptions going on. For some strange reason I knew that I would end up adopting a cat today. I was almost going to put one of my cat carriers in the car.

When I arrived I spoted the cats that were up for adoption and I went over to take a quick peek. There weren't any kittens so I thought good I'm safe. I guess I won't be adopting any cats today. Later on the Humane Society introduced each cat in one of the judging rings. I was really taken with a cat named Herman. A man seemed very interested in him so I didn't pursue him any further at that time.

We decided to eat and look around at the vendors some more. Then we heard an announcement that another cat had been adopted. I couldn't hear the name of the cat so I went up to the adoption area to find out which cat it was. The male tuxedo named Jackson had just been adopted as well as another one which I had never seen.

I then went over to look at Herman again. I fell in love with his sky blue eyes. I pet him and held him and that was it. I was hooked. :D They think he's about 2 years old and he may have some siamese in him too. He's a long haired cat but has a summer hair cut because his fur was very matted. His tail is quite fluffy though.

When I drove home, he never even made a noise. I'm keeping him in my spare bedroom right now for the next 10 days or so. My cats know that something is up but don't seem upset about it. He's very friendly and purrs a lot and lets me pick him up and even rub his belly. He also loves to play. :D I'll take his picture tomorrow and tell you more of his story too. I sure hope that everything will work out with him because his first adoption didn't work out. I've also renamed him Sky because of his sky blue eyes. :D

IttyBittyKitty
06-08-2003, 12:44 AM
Yay for Herman, cat number 4! :D He sound beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures of the new addition to the happy furkid family!

:D:D

marysmerrycats
06-08-2003, 01:30 AM
congratulations!! thats great! I can't wait to see the pics:D

Nomilynn
06-08-2003, 01:39 AM
Oh wow congratulations! I am excited to see some pics!!!! :)

The Cat Factory
06-08-2003, 02:45 AM
Congrats on adopting a new kitty!!

Vio&Juni
06-08-2003, 03:19 AM
How super!
I hoped to see his picture :)

popcornbird
06-08-2003, 03:29 AM
Ooooooooooh but THREE was your limit. ;);) LOL Congrats! I'd love to see pics. Is this a boy kitty too?

Barbara
06-08-2003, 04:27 AM
Sky, we are sure you are from heaven sent. You warned your new meowmie in advance and you made sure you got the best meowmie who was around at the show. Welcome. We are looking forward to your pix:) :D :) :D

jenluckenbach
06-08-2003, 05:59 AM
:D :D :D :D
giggle, giggle, giggle

LOL.......LOL............LOL.........

OK, I am done teasing now ;)

I am SO happy to hear about Sky. Cannot wait to see pictures!!!!

Pam
06-08-2003, 06:30 AM
There should be a sign at these cats shows "Caution: This show may cause your household to increase. Enter at your own risk!" hehe!

This surely was meant to be! Isn't it funny how you had thought of bringing the cat carrier! His name is a great match to go along with his "siblings!" You did just great in that area, with no help this time from your fellow Pet Talkers. :) I can't wait to see Sky and those baby blues! Congrats on #4! Now there is no 'odd man out.' hehe! I can justify anything when it comes to adding a new furbaby to a home! ;)

neko1
06-08-2003, 07:46 AM
Congrats on kitty #4 and welcome home Sky!!:)

Lorraine
06-08-2003, 07:52 AM
Oh, I am so happy!! That sounds like a great day at the
show!! It makes me smile to know that a homeless kitty has found a new home-and a wonderful home I might add!!:D :D
I cant wait to see pictures of Sky!!!

moosmom
06-08-2003, 08:08 AM
Way to go KAK!!! I love it when they have cats for adoption at the cat shows. I'm trying to convince the animal shelter I volunteer at to do something like that. It's a great way for them to get exposure and find homes.

Congratulations on Sky! Can't wait to see pictures! 3's your limit, huh?? That's what I said at 6!! LOL!

Steffi N
06-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Welcome Sky to your new home and to Pet Talk. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and looking into your blue eyes.
Congratulations KAK. :) :)

RockyRoad
06-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Congrats on the new edition! Sky is a beautiful name for him. :) Can't wait to see some pics!

aly
06-08-2003, 09:27 AM
Woohoo! Now we both have brand new meezer boys named Sky :D I'm so excited and happy for you! I can't wait for the pics!!!! I'm sure everything will work out fine. It probably wasn't his fault that things didn't work out at his previous adoption. I think he was just waiting for you :)

rosethecopycat
06-08-2003, 09:31 AM
Welcome Sky!

I hope you like your new home. It's going to be terrific.:D

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Congrats on #4!!! Welcome home Sky!

bluekat
06-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Congrats on your new addition!:D Sky sounds beautiful, and I can't wait to see pics!
Three's your limit?;) Hmmmm......my parents say that one's the limit, but it could change:p :rolleyes: I wish.

catmandu
06-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Thank You for giving Sky a chance at a Happy New Home. There are several Cats Skys age at the local Petcetera , and there are peoplw who walk by them , complaining that they are , get this , too old! Incredible! These people take kittens when they are cute , then abandon tem when they are young adults! I know because that is how Rascal , Roscoe and Augusta are now members of my household! People , Cats would never abandon them!

shais_mom
06-08-2003, 10:10 AM
YYEAAAH!! Too cool!
I can't wait to see pics!!
He sounds gorgeous!! And I love the new name! Good thing you decided on Cirrus for Cirrus! ;)
Congratulations!

PayItForward
06-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Welcome Sky

He He. How many newly adopted cats are there at the moment on Pet Talk ?

But I have too ask for....

Photos, Photos, Photos

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-08-2003, 10:35 AM
OH YEAY... I NEW PET TALK KITTY!!!

Sky I am so glad you have found yourself a new forever home!!!!

what a happy day I can't wait to see some pictures of you!:D

Tina
06-08-2003, 11:40 AM
Congrats on kitty addition #4!! Can't wait to see pics!!

aly
06-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Sky's pic is in this thread:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28086

Prepare to fall in love!

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2003, 03:45 PM
I started a new thread with 6 pics of him. So be prepared for cuteness overload. :D He also has the best personality too. :)

AmberLee
06-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Hurrah, Sky AND KAK. I'm so thrilled for your happy family.

{{{excited hugs!}}}

ScantyNebula
06-09-2003, 10:18 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am very jealous!! I have to find a way to convince my landlord to let me have just ONE more ....:( :mad:

ramanth
06-09-2003, 10:25 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

Sky is gorgeous. :)