PDA

View Full Version : Camp Vermont / Juni Rose arrived!

sasvermont
06-07-2003, 06:40 PM
Well, I arrived home with Juni and all is running smoothly. She is a peanut, only 12 weeks old. She is much younger and smaller than Miley was when I brought her home......

I have Ti in a spare room. I allowed them to play under the door but that is about it. Tomorrow I will let them meet.

Miley is ok with the kitten and not threatened by her at all. So I don't expect a bad time for Miley and Juni.

I will take pictures tomorrow as the camera is in the room with Ti, and I don't want him to ruin a good evening.......

Juni is sweet, tiny, fearless and very pretty. When I look at her, I think...."wow, maybe I put Miley in the washer and she shrunk. She looks like a mini Miley!

I think Miley is confused right now. Juni has the slightest meow and that must sound a little familiar to Miley.

I am on beer #2....have removed my earrings (Juni keeps trying to eat them)....and have removed all the breakable items from the counters. She is already on the cat tree, playing with the blinds. She is a little monkey for sure.

The breeder selected her for me thinking that she is /was the most loveable of the four. They had to mark the kittens with magic marker, to tell them apart. I have "pink paws"..... They all looked alike to me!

I promise to post pictures, first thing tomorrow.

By the way, Juni already loves the porch and has been in every room of the house and she has been here only 2 1/2 hours! She is something........

Sigh! She is here.:D

Pam
06-07-2003, 06:56 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been checking and waiting for your report! It sounds like all is going beautifully and I couldn't be happier for you!! I am so glad that Miley has a little sister and is not feeling threatened. I think the two of them will do just fine!! (Fingers and paws crossed for the Ti introduction). After your long ride we won't press you for pictures right now but you can be sure we'll be checking for them tomorrow! Congrats to you and a big Welcome to Juni Rose! ;)

Russian Blue
06-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Pam
Double YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to you and a big Welcome to Juni Rose! ;)

Woohoo!! I'm so glad that you made it home safely with that bundle of fur! Welcome Juni!

:D :D :D

jenluckenbach
06-07-2003, 07:27 PM
I am so glad that Miley is happy. She was my biggest concern, she's had a tough time of late.
Isn't having a kitten around just the greatest?!?!
:D :D

BastetsMum
06-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Congrats!

I am so happy to hear that Juni and Miley are getting along!

sasvermont
06-07-2003, 07:52 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p0ca7ca4def8ff702bfcc552e60ce396a/fbfb0f3f.jpg

Here she is......she is a sweet one for sure. Right now she is biting my feet as I type.
:Dhttp://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pbff7e65214dfe5c1fe16fbf2e8c9a74b/fbfb0f44.jpg

She is asleep on my lap now.....just that quickly....that's a kitten for you.

:eek:

Cataholic
06-07-2003, 07:53 PM
WElCOME JUNI ROSE! We have waited so long for your arrival. I can't wait to see the pics!

jenluckenbach
06-07-2003, 07:56 PM
:D Hi Sweetie ! :D

neko1
06-07-2003, 07:57 PM
She's gorgeous!! Welcome home!!

Rachel
06-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Juni, you one stunning little girl. I was really taken aback with the pictures as after reading the first posts I thought I would have to wait until tomorrow and then there she was. She makes me fall ever so much more head over heels for the Aby breed. As Barbara Walters would say, I am besotted.

Congratulations to the new MOM. It seems like this baby was a long time coming. Enjoy all the fun and excitment. You deserve it.

Freckles
06-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Juni Rose is a beautiful, adaptable, kitty.:)

Christiansmommy
06-07-2003, 09:21 PM
YAH!!!! Juni is home and all is well :) Glad you had a safe trip back and forth and that this little bud of sun shine can brighten up this dreary, rainy day (at least here in NJ) :) So glad to see pics...i am sure she and your little Miley girl will become best buddies.......more pics please....when you get a chance :)

Robyn

Prairie Purrs
06-07-2003, 09:23 PM
She's such a pretty girl, and she sounds like an adorable little bundle of catitude! Kittens are amazing! :D

Karen
06-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Oh, Juni Rose, you have no idea what a great kitty home you've landed in! You're in a Pet Talk home now, little one - let the spoiling rotten begin!

shais_mom
06-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Hello Juni Rose, you sweet gorgeous Girl!
Welcome to your new home!

Nomilynn
06-08-2003, 01:44 AM
She's just gorgeous! Welcome, sweetie! :)

Vio&Juni
06-08-2003, 03:45 AM
Itsy-Mitsy-Pitsy!!!!!!! She's the cutest little creature in the world!

My Juni sends her nosekisses and good luck with Miley and Ti :)

Barbara
06-08-2003, 04:39 AM
Hello Juni Rose, I have to send you one of my Juni roses:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/p26fe3d3859aad46dddd4f8750375ac00/fbfd0413.jpg

You look like Filou (who came here in June 7 years ago) and you behave like Filou: biting toes and having already been in every room of the house. I wish you the best long and happy life. I wish you could come here and bite my toes a little. Filou has stopped that now and I miss it.

I see I'm talking crap. I must have fallen in love.........

Randi
06-08-2003, 05:31 AM
Welcome Juni! :) Your mom has been waiting anxiously to get you home, you know! What a sweet little girl you are - already exploring everything, you'll keep your mom on her toes! :D

Sas, I'm so glad you could take her home at last, and that Miley gets along so well with Juni - now you "just" have to introduce TI! :eek: I hope Juni will help the situation for them all!

Looking forward to hear more and see pics. ;)

Pam
06-08-2003, 06:35 AM
How did you sleep last night? Did you get kneaded? Did your hair get a grooming? Anything break and go 'bump' in the night? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

moosmom
06-08-2003, 07:40 AM
YAY!!! WELCOME HOME JUNI ROSE!!!

Sas,

I have a feeling that the meeting between Ti and JR will go well. Kittens always have an easier transition than adult cats who have been "around the block" a few times, if you know what I mean. Juni Rose is beautiful!

Congratulations!

lailamara
06-08-2003, 08:07 AM
So happy to know you have arrived and settled in so quickly. The Aby girls I've known are all fearless and feisty and you sound like you are of that inclination. Those sweet little meows may bring out the maternal instinct in Miley and totally disarm Ti. Keep those pics coming SAS. She has so much red in her fur I thought she was a sorrel!Oh this brings back so many memories of my 2 that came home with me last April. I'll have to content myself with reliving kittenhood throufg you and Juni.:)

smokey the elder
06-08-2003, 08:08 AM
That is so great! Juni made herself right at home, thank you very much!:D Enjoy your little kitten.

ChrisH
06-08-2003, 08:38 AM
WELCOME HOME JUNI ROSE!!

And her and Miley are getting on pretty good! I am just so happy for you all!:) Now if Ti will only get on with her too, it will be perfect! Fingers and paws crossed! :)

Steffi N
06-08-2003, 08:52 AM
Welcome to your new home darling Juni Rose. I'm glad that she is adjusting well and being a little explorer. I hope that she and Miley will become friends and that the meeting with Ti will go well.
She is beautiful.

PayItForward
06-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Juni Rose sounds sweets & looks beautiful. :D :D :D

Welcome home Juni Rose.

I hope all introductions go well !!!

rosethecopycat
06-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Oh, it's been a long wait for you Juni Rose.

Welcome to your home, sweet pea.

Congratulations.
:D

sasvermont
06-08-2003, 09:58 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p6879c8394176ae1fa9abb598e97ca5a6/fbfa1089.jpg
I thought everyone could get a better idea as to the size this little girl is, by comparing her to a roll of toilet tissue. Her personality is much nicer than the toilet tissue!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p5db5bdd3d1fc3e63b86a18b7472896b9/fbfa108d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p3fdbd2e404726a74d954d6fb3e00bf28/fbfa107c.jpg

I introduced Ti to Juni. I put Ti on a leash first......and let him stay thethered to me....while Juni growled at him. I allowed their meeting for about 10 minutes, then let Ti back out on the porch, by himself.

Miley is in hiding but is not being mean to Juni at all. I actually think she is just a little afraid, but not like she is with Ti.

Last night went smoothly, although I did put Miley in a room by herself, and let the kitten sleep with me. Juni slept the entire night - next to a little teddy bear and me......she was fine......

I don't have any fear about Miley with the kitten, just need to work on the Ti thing. I just don't know if I will ever be able to trust Ti and that is a big issue. I will deal with Ti later..........

Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts.

Kittens are fun!!!!! And so silly. I need "silly" right now.:cool:

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2003, 10:15 AM
Welcome Juni! She is beauitful!! Congrats!!

Good luck gtting everything worked out with all 3 together :)

Edwina's Secretary
06-08-2003, 10:29 AM
I came on today for news on Juni Rose....anf here she is. So delicate and petite, such big ears and soooo sweet!

jenluckenbach
06-08-2003, 11:16 AM
Just LOOK at this precious face!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p5db5bdd3d1fc3e63b86a18b7472896b9/fbfa108d.jpg

Pam
06-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Jen, that's the one that made me melt too!!! Oh my SAS she is everything and more, isn't she! How very precious! I am looking forward to hearing lots of Juni Rose Adventures and seeing lots more pictures! ;)

gini
06-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Oh, just look at that face, and her eyes......and her ears........and that beautiful coat and coloring.

I am flat out jealous!!:D :D

Welcome to the world of love and indulgence Juni.

moosmom
06-08-2003, 02:18 PM
Sas,

I LOOOOOOOOOVE those ears! She is so sweet. Keep post them pictures!!

krazyaboutkatz
06-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Sallyanne, I'm sorry I'm a little late but I've been very busy. I've also adopted another cat and I named him Sky. Welcome home Juni Rose!!! :D You're such an adorable little girl and I bet you're full of mischief too. :) I'm glad that Miley doesn't feel threatened by her. I sure hope that Ti will be able to get along well with Juni and that all 3 of them can finally live together in harmony. :) More pics please. :D

Randy_K
06-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Juni is a totally beautiful kitten! I'm sure Miley will adapt to the new situation quickly and adopt Juni.

Christiansmommy
06-08-2003, 07:06 PM
She is beautiful!! Rob wants an Aby now!!! :) She must have looked precious sleeping next to your little bear last night :) AHHHH!! :)

Robyn

Nomilynn
06-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Wow she is tiny! Or maybe you buy big toilet paper ;) She's just gorgeous, and it looks like she is very happy to be in her home! Congrats! :)

sasvermont
06-09-2003, 05:18 AM
Well, Ti has been pretty sweet to the kitten. I have allowed them to mingle, supervised at all times and I have had to call off Ti only a couple of times - and he has actually listened to me and stopped! I have the water/spray ready and he is familiar with it, for sure. He and the kitten get along - have been touching noses and sharing spaces and running around, playing somewhat. Miley, on the other hand is not bothering with the kitten (why does that NOT surprise me?)....and is staying in a closet. I still don't know what to do about Ti and Miley. Miley is one tough cookie when it comes to accepting another cat.

Today I will leave Juni with Miley in the house and allow Ti the porch. It is to rain today so the windows must be closed!

Juni is a great little sleeper EXCEPT that she tries to bite my nose every now and then. She has needle sharp teeth. (She is asleep in my lap right now, resting up for tonight's nose biting sessions! I am truly in love with her. She is so well behaved and is a good little eater....eating both her food and the adult cat food.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p16830c1237a8dabbe1c461a1df056fa8/fbf7eaec.jpg
Life is tough here at Camp Vermont!

:cool:

Pam
06-09-2003, 07:08 AM
Do I dare to believe that this may all work out!!! :) Maybe Ti has some paternal feelings toward this little girl, even if Miley hasn't seen fit to roll out the red carpet yet and has retreated to her closet again. :( Don't you wish you had a surveillance camera running today to observe the interaction between Miley and Juni! :) We will stay tuned, and fingers and paws are all crossed for Miley to feel a little more hospitable to Juni. :)

PayItForward
06-09-2003, 07:29 AM
Sounds like Juni Rose IS the sweet peacemaker you needed :D

Hopeing things improve further and of course we need more PHOTOS !!!

Barbara
06-09-2003, 10:07 AM
I don't dare to say anything. I just cross my fingers a little harder. Juni Rose, if you want you can always come over and bite my nose.
Yes I remember these teeth. Needle-sharp. But it#s just friendship:D

lailamara
06-09-2003, 10:39 AM
Guarded optimism is what Barbra is saying...me too! Oh she is so sweet . Miley may need a long time..she may never LOVE the little one but I think she will accept her on HER OWN TERMS and in her own time. Ti I think is just soo happy to have someone (other than you) to play with and interact with. The nose biting..Maya used to do that too. Now she just grabs my nose between her two paws and washes my nose. Yuck!!!

Vermontcat
06-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Welcome to Vermont Juni Rose! :D
I hope things go well and that all 3 cats will get along.
I love the photos of Juni, she is a cutie!:)

Uabassoon
06-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Welcome home Juni! She's so cute, I love her sweet little face.

Cataholic
06-09-2003, 07:26 PM
I can only pray that this will be the answer we have all been waiting for. SAS, I just don't want you to have to have any more sadness or sorrow. Of course, I want the kitties to get along, but, really, I want you to live in a house of peace again. The way Camp Vermont is supposed to be.

sasvermont
06-09-2003, 08:26 PM
They are having a ball tonight. Playing like crazy. Being good. Miley is still in the closet. Oh well. She may chill a bit when she see's that Ti and the kitten are friends....something like when Graemer and Gabe became friends.

I will take pictures tomorrow!

Nite nite. :)

Christiansmommy
06-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Great news :) I do remember a year ago tomorrow, in fact,....Gabe arrived at Camp Vermont and Miley wasnt too keen of him :) But once she saw Graemer tolerate him, she did too! So who knows....she may just adjust sooner than we think :) Anyway, i too hope peace becomes a common place soon in Camp Vermont :)

Robyn

Freckles
06-09-2003, 08:49 PM
WOW, you mean that mini-aby isn't afraid of the big boy?? I'd love to see those pics.:)

Prairie Purrs
06-09-2003, 09:05 PM
I'll be darned. Aren't kittens just little miracles? :D

kimlovescats
06-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Oh My Goodness! Juni Rose is gorgeous! I just love that petite feminine face she has and those big ears!!! She is just precious, and fitting right in at Camp Vermont!!! What wonderful news, I am so happy for you, SAS!!! More pictures, PLEASE!!!!:D

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2003, 11:54 PM
Juni is the cutest aby kitten ever. :D I'm so glad to hear that Ti and Juni are getting along so well. I had a feeling this would probably happen. :D I'm sure that Miley will come around in time. I can't wait to see the pics of Ti and Juni playing together. :)

Barbara
06-10-2003, 03:12 AM
I just relaxed my fingers somewhat. That sounds really great. Little Abys aren't scared by anything! Way to go Juni Rose:) :D :) :D

LoudLou
06-10-2003, 03:35 AM
WELCOME HOME Miss Juni Rose!!!!http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/40.gif

Vio&Juni
06-10-2003, 03:48 AM
I'd die for a picture of Ti and Juni Rose! He must be like a tiger near her.

IttyBittyKitty
06-10-2003, 05:09 AM
Juni Rose, you are

CUTENESS PURRSONIFIED!!!!!

:d

Pam
06-10-2003, 06:14 AM
Dear Miley ~

We hears that you gots lotsa changes happenin' up there at Camp Vermont. So your mom went and brought home some more furry friends, huh? Well from our point of view we just wanted to let you know that things could be a whole lot worse! She coulda brought home DAWGS!!! :eek: :eek: That's what our mom did! Two years ago she brought one home and then a coupla months ago she brought another one home! We hopes there's no more comin'! Anyways, we wanted to tell ya to give that Ti fellow a chance (us boy kitties really are lovable, you remember that from Graemer, dontcha?) And little Juni Rose will need some lookin' after to make sure she grows up into a fine kitty like you. We hopes you soon come out of the closet and gets to have some fun wiff these two.

Purrs and meows to you from your pals,
Trevor and Andy

sasvermont
06-10-2003, 07:17 AM
Today I left Juni and Ti together. I spoke with the nice Bengal breeder and she said that from her experience Ti would be nicer to her if she was around all the time. So, I left little Ms. Juni have run of 99% of the house, with the Ti monster.

Last night Juni was chasing big Ti all over the place. It was so darn funny. He is in heaven, having a playmate.

Miley did come into the bed last night only to find Juni under the covers. I let them deal with each other for about 1/2 hour then I closed the door and let Miley have the computer room to herself. She did ok with the kitten.

I hope to take some pictures of Ti and the kitten together. They move so quickly that snapping a photo isn't the easiest!

I am thinking about druging Miley for a few days, to see if she can blend in a little better. I need to take Juni to the Vet in a couple of weeks and if things haven't gotten better by then, I will ask the Vet for some kitty prozac.

Pictures soon. I promise. You will die when you see the comparison in size between Ti and Juni. It is so scarey to think he is with her right now. She might weigh, at the most, 4 lbs. and he is 15 and all muscle.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Vio&Juni
06-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Ohhhh, good news. I hope Miley will finally get used to having 2 cats in the house.

Logan
06-10-2003, 08:56 AM
and scouring Cat General, every day. Finally this morning, I emailed Pam to find out what had happened that you hadn't mentioned Juni Rose or Ti! :o :o Imagine my embarassment when I realized that I NEVER look in Cat Breeds and never thought to! LOL!!!

Sallyanne, I could not be happier for you than I am right now! I do hope that you will have the best of both worlds and all three will find a way to co-exist. Most hugs to Miley, who is still figuring this all out. And hugs and headbumpies to Ti and Juni Rose, the most unique friendship in your house!!!! :D

I'm doing a happy dance!! Just so sorry I was so late doing it!!!! :o

Steffi N
06-10-2003, 09:18 AM
Looks like the littlest camper is taking over. I just hope that Miley will adjust soon. Can't wait for pics. :)

sasvermont
06-10-2003, 09:31 AM
You know, when I got Miley and Graemer, the breeder mentioned that they were cats that complimented each other...Graemer being the wild and wooly cat and Miley being the timid, reserved cat. It just so happens that Miley's support system aka Graemer, left her fend for herself in the cat world and I think it will take her some time (if at all) to gather up the nerve to be friendly with another cat. It took her months to feel comfortable around Gabe, and Gabe was very gentle and unassuming with her. So, now that Ti has a vent (poor Juni)...maybe he will leave her alone and not torture her so. Maybe not. Ti seemed much less vocal this morning when he saw that Juni was around to distract him. He usually sits and cries at the bedroom door, for me to come play..... I let him come in (after Miley was put in the computer room) and he was in and out of the bedroom all night, checking on us. He seems much happier having a playmate....another cat....to bat things around with....to run with....to chase....to swat at....and hopefully not eat. Since Miley never came up with bite marks, I can only assume that when she and Ti tangled, it was for effect that Miley screamed and yowled.....and Ti really would scare the poop right out of her.........

I hope all this changes. I need a positive change. Right!

Fingers and paws crossed.

L,
SAS

Logan
06-10-2003, 10:07 AM
I hope all this changes. I need a positive change. Right!

Absolutely, and you have a great big contingent of folks out here who care about you and all three of those furry ones!!! We HOPE for positive things, Sallyanne!!!! Or at least some peaceful resolution. There isn't "love" in my house, between cats, but they have found a way to coexist, somehow. I wish the same for you!!! No more closed doors!!!! :)

HayleyRosie
06-10-2003, 11:21 AM
Oh, Juni Rose is very cute. I'm so glad to hear she finally arrived at your house. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Randi
06-10-2003, 12:41 PM
Sas, I have only had time to read the news hastily, but it sounds promising, don't you think! :D It's so great that Miley is not afraid of June and I'm sure Ti will enjoy a new playmate. :) In a week or two they'll hopefully be lounging around!

The pics are wonderful! :)

Barbara
06-10-2003, 02:46 PM
I also hope that Miley can adjust a little once she sees that nobody asks her to play, chase etc. Miley is one of my PT favorites. I just love her and want her to be happy. I wonder whether you can't try to keep the 2 girls in your bed -I am sorry of Miley being alone in the computer room?

I can't think of Ti hurting Juni Rose. He may play rough but I told you before that Filou had a Bengal friend when he was a baby kitten. This adult Bengal used to play ball with Filou (Filou was the ball) but they were best buddies. The breeder at that time wanted to give us the Bengal too but he was not a good friend of humans and didn't want to be petted, this was why we started to look for another cat -which was Tigris.

Anxiously waiting for more information.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} for everybody in Camp Vermont

Pam
06-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Just checking in to see if there has been any progress in the Miley/Ti/June Rose blending of late. We need updates regularly :D and of course pictures are always welcome! :cool:

Christiansmommy
06-11-2003, 12:54 PM
Yes, how was everything/everyone, when you came home from work last night? Curious if they were all in one piece ;) (Since Ti and Juni had the run of the house)....

sasvermont
06-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Well, as one might suspect, Miley is the lone holdout. She came to bed last night, sniffed around, spied the kitten and took off to the closet!

I let Ti and Juni play all day, so they are both tired at night now. Miley stays by herself all day then has the option at night to come into bed with Juni and me. Ti sleeps in the other part of the house and I let him in early in the morning. That way Miley can roam at will - but it seems she will take a long time to warm up.\

So, right now, I have two happy cats and one unhappy cat. I am rather pleased that Ti and Juni are getting along nicely.

I did take one quick photo this morning, of Ti and Juni but didn't have time to d/l it to the net, so I will do that tonight.

I hope Miley gets with the program soon. I am really thinking about giving her some sort of drug to relax her.....

So all is quiet at Camp Vermont. Just one unhappy camper!

Love,
SAS

Pam
06-11-2003, 01:15 PM
Phew! Great news! I am so glad that you decided to let Ti hang around for the introduction to Ms. Juni. Who woulda thunk? Oh I have a good feeling about your new trio. I have my fingers crossed but I definitely think all is going to eventually be just fine. We'll be tuning in for the promised picture and any more that you might like to post!! Welcome, little Juni Rose, peacemaker at Camp Vermont!! You are quite the girl! :cool:

Barbara
06-11-2003, 01:41 PM
I hope that the balance on the long term will be similar as with Gabe and Graemer (I miss them, too:( :( ).
Juni and Ti being friends and Miley living her own life but accepting Juni. Although I wished she had a friend:)
However Juni an Ti must brighten your days. I'd love to look at them.

Vermontcat
06-11-2003, 01:52 PM
Sas, I would love to see some photos of all 3 Happy Campers!:)
Or do I have to come up there?;)
I have a camera and I know how to use it!:p

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2003, 12:44 AM
Sallyanne, I'm so glad to hear that Ti and Juni are getting along. :D I had a feeling that they would. I'm sure that in time and maybe with a little help from a relaxing drug that Miley will eventually come around and learn to accept her new brother and sister. :) I can't wait to see some pics of Ti and Juni together. :)

NoahsMommy
06-12-2003, 01:08 AM
First, she's a total cutie! I've never seen a baby Aby, so this is very cool for me! :)

Second, I think Juni is a wonderful thing for your home right now. It'll get Ti's mind of Miley and Ti and Juni can be buddies.

I'm happy/excitied for you!!! I'm also glad I found this thread over here....she's just too cute to miss!! :D

sasvermont
06-12-2003, 05:47 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pb19ea1cf87cc63138bd7ef3978c64d7c/fbf17f73.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p3b82cf58b6ca099df5dd991026c53c7a/fbf17f75.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p1caad468b9b1bfd3764ad00c35134c6e/fbf17f84.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p88456eeee5157770096a66b8d4217cbe/fbf17f8e.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pa9900dfb0f77df7fa6e9615fbb2ec559/fbf17f92.jpg

sasvermont
06-12-2003, 05:52 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pb480b1eaa0afc37cb7c62cae6a51f71e/fbf17f8b.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p41fa35c4e9c0e8c6fd8bb7c7f5e5791a/fbf17f93.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p60e0baaff6b8605d2b0268d59d1fa308/fbf17f95.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p15727bd4d933c78c4f994159a16329a9/fbf17f86.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pcebea40f81ce02925ffaa63a0a7cac7c/fbf17f7d.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p0aa06ff913ce1e847a97b2aa9b54de3f/fbf17f81.jpg

Pam
06-12-2003, 05:52 AM
More pictures!! Yippee! Oh how precious she is and what a size difference between her and the Ti Man! She certainly does look like one fearless little girl who is out to enjoy everything that life has to offer! These pictures are just too sweet. Please post more when you can. I will never tire of seeing that little cutie pie's face and would love to see more of Ti too. I imagine Miley was in the closet when these were taken? :(

Pam
06-12-2003, 05:55 AM
Oh we must have been posting at the same time! I didn't see the second batch until now. Ti is just so handsome. His markings are gorgeous. I love the picture of the two by the litter box. It really points up the size difference! What is the little cow by the litter box? Is it a cat toy? It looks like it is standing guard there. :D

sasvermont
06-12-2003, 06:02 AM
We are posting at the same time!

The cow is a door stop - I bought it while living in downtown Phila. years ago. Since it is so windy here most of the time, I have door stops everywhere. The doors blow shut very easily.

Last night Miley stayed in bed with Juni and me. She hissed at first, then I held Juni in my hand (easy to do since she is so small) and let Miley sniff her. Juni was very good about it and didn't react at all. So I think Juni and Miley will be fine. I don't know if Miley will ever play with Juni - but I think she will. Miley used to play with Gabe ... so there is hope!

We are taking baby steps here with the kitty kats, but at least they seem to be forward steps and not backward steps.

I will try to take more photos as the days go on...maybe even a photo of Miley with Juni!

:rolleyes:

Vio&Juni
06-12-2003, 06:24 AM
AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW. These pictures are so sweet, I feel like I ate a bottle of jelly :D

I knew Ti will be a darling with little Juni-girl. Hopefully, Miley will finally get used to this new situation, if not even better.

Christiansmommy
06-12-2003, 06:40 AM
Wow, i feel like this is such a well deserved, positive turning point for Camp Vermont ,and SAS, more importantly!! I am so happy to see Ti and Juni at ease with each other, and little MIley is coming around!! She just cant be threatened by a little itty bitty kitten, like Juni Rose :) I feel good about the fact that Ti and Juni get along...b/c Miley will have to see that if that kitten can get along with that big cat. then she can too!! She had to adjust to Gabe a year ago, so this wont be the first time, ya know! I feel happy vibes and by the time Christmas rolls around.........you'll be taking pics of all of them on Santa's lap!!!!! hehehehehehehe:D :D :D ( well, maybe thats pushing it :))

Great news, Sallyanne!

Robyn

PayItForward
06-12-2003, 06:44 AM
Sounds like things are improving.

So is Ti a keeper ?

More Photos Please. :D

sasvermont
06-12-2003, 07:39 AM
Unless there is a major change in his attitude toward Juni, Ti will be staying. Miley will be out numbered and hopefully will turn the corner and accept the new additions, in total. We shall see.

Ti seems to be growing more and more attached to Juni, almost in a protective mode now. When she squeals for some reason, Ti comes running to her. She will have him wrapped around her little paw pretty soon. She already has me there. Juni is such a good little sleeper in bed. Last night we had a mini battle about her nipping at my nose and I think she got the message after I tapped her on her nose a couple of times with a strong "no bites".... She is a little love bug. I have never been around an Aby this young so I don't know if they all start out being so darn cute and sweet. Miley and Graemer were 16-18 weeks old when I got them. Juni was only 12 weeks. I can't wait to see her gain a little weight and size. She is SO tiny right now, that it scares me seeing her next to Ti!

Thanks for all the positive comments! I will need lots of good vibes these next few weeks. Miley is going to hold on to her attitude for awhile, I am sure!

HayleyRosie
06-12-2003, 08:25 AM
I am so happy to hear Ti is a keeper. Where are the pictures?

Barbara
06-12-2003, 08:50 AM
After these first days this is all much better then I expected. Ti is beautiful and can show his protective and friendly sides together with his playfulness, Juni is in kitty heaven having a friend for play and a human to cuddle with and Miley -I now think that she will accept Juni and find her way around Ti (sometimes it is like that -you have friends who just can't get along with each other although you love them both:)

PayItForward
06-12-2003, 09:09 AM
So has how is the relationship between Ti & Miley, now Juni Rose is around ?

Or are they still seperated, for the time being.

I would love to see another photo of Miley girl (Even if you have to take it in the cupboard)

anna_66
06-12-2003, 09:49 AM
I'm so glad to hear that all is going well at camp vermont, I just hope that Miley will start playing soon too.

I wanted to take Barbara's lead and welcome Juni Rose with one of my Juni roses also!
WELCOME TO PT SWEET GIRL!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p21d8268b73ffdf38d57de19c14b730c9/fbf143b1.jpg

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-12-2003, 10:07 AM
Both Ti and Juni Rose are beautiful! And you are right--Juni looks so small next to the big tiger Ti. I am so glad that these two are getting along, and I think Miley will come around in no time. :D

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Ti and Juni sure look like they're having fun together. :D I'm so glad that Ti has taken Juni under his wing. Now Miley will be forced to accept her new siblings or live her life in solitude. I sure hope she comes around soon. More pics please when you have a chance. :)

ChrisH
06-12-2003, 11:32 AM
I am so happy to hear that things are going well with Juni Rose and Ti, (the pictures are great!). Fingers and paws crossed that Miley will soon begin to feel comfortable and make a trio at play!:)

Sallyanne I must say thank you for the updates and pictures, I am so enjoying reading and seeing the magic that beautiful Juni Rose is weaving.:)

Steffi N
06-12-2003, 06:23 PM
The pictures are great of the two beauties. It's wonderful that Ti is Juni Rose's playmate and protector. I hope that Miley will soon start enjoying her company. I'm looking forward to more news and pictures from Camp Vermont.
Enjoy your little love bug. :) :)

Anna and Barbara, your roses are beautiful.

Randi
06-13-2003, 10:14 AM
I haven't had much time to follow the development the last few days, but I'm happy to hear that Ti is being SO nice to Juni and everything is going so smoothly. Hopefully, Miley will come around and join in soon.

The pics are great!! :)

lizbud
06-13-2003, 04:21 PM
WELCOME JUNI ROSE ,

She is a beautiful baby girl.:) :) What a cutie...:)

Randy_K
06-13-2003, 05:05 PM
Our experience with the Bubbles - Mango - Peaches introductions was that showing more consistent attention to the cat who is having the worst time adjusting to the new situation helps them overcome their discomfort. Besides the other two are having fun so they won't feel cheated. It still takes time to work it all out but it will.

Mango started out as a super affectionate kitten and has only gotten more affectionate as an adult. They don't grow out of it, they just get more proficient at it!

Mango curls up on the pillow beside me with the top of his head against my cheek - and purrs himself to sleep. The first time he did that he was only four months old. Now he's two and a half.

sasvermont
06-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Although things were quiet tonight when I got home, I still worry about Ti and Miley having their oh so scarey tangles. Juni and Miley are fine. I think it will take weeks for Miley and Ti to get over their fighting days. Right now Ti is sitting by the closet door, waiting for Miley to appear. I am watching closely to make sure they don't tangle. Things have improved for the most part, but gosh, I surely didn't expect it would be so ugly of a start. Ti doesn't seem to be doing the "heat seeking missle" thing right now....just sitting, waiting.

I am thinking of putting Miley in a large container and trying to resocialize her. She seems to do better if she feels protected. Maybe I should just let them handle it on their own!

Off to the drawing board.

SAS

lizbud
06-13-2003, 08:10 PM
SAS,

Please don't think this presumptuous of me, but I happened upon a site today & read an article dealing with multi-cat households. It makes a lot of good points to consider in dealing with Miley, Ti & sweet Juni Rose. (mostly Miley & Ti, I think). If you've not seen this particular article, I think you'd enjoy it & the site. Hugs & Best wishes from my furry gang.:)

http://www.theanimalspirit.com/multicat.html

jenluckenbach
06-14-2003, 05:50 AM
excellent article

smokey the elder
06-14-2003, 07:55 AM
I'm so glad Ti is getting along with his new little sister. Now poor MIley can have some peace, and the cat dynamic will be back to a similar (meta)stable state it was with Graemer, Gabriel and Miley! Great pix of Juni chasing Ti's tail.

sasvermont
06-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Well, for the most part, I am doing everything the way I should, according to the article. Last night Miley stayed in the bedroom with Juni and me and did not leave. Progress. She did however, hiss at Ti when he came to the bedroom door to do his "I'm awake, Mom" yowling and sniffing. It really bothers Miley when he does this and sends her right to the closet!

I bet this process will take months.

By the way, Juni received some very nice new toys in the mail, from her furry friends in NJ! She loves the one with the feathers! Ti is rather fond of the other rolling toys! Juni Rose is saving some of her allowance to buy Mocha a chew toy, for when she arrives at Robyn's.

Well, let me go clip some more nails....and play with the cats....in that order. You should see my legs and hands from Juni. She isn't wild, just has razor sharp teeth and wicked claws! I clipped her claws this morning and one paw on Ti. I still have Miley and the other 1/2 of Ti to do!

SAS;)

Randy_K
06-14-2003, 01:13 PM
Kitten claws are like needles and their canine teeth (fangs) are like stillettos!

sasvermont
06-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Ummm, Juni, I think you have the WRONG cat for what I think you are TRYING to achieve! It's a good thing Ti has a good sense of self!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pd64eab3a0967baea3264c211832def50/fbeda532.jpg

And here we are, just hanging out in Ti's bed!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pbd24715d6acc0d01e798aad64ba41b8a/fbeda528.jpg

Mom, pllleeeaassse, we are trying to catch up on our sleep!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p62816a109d5d2931d509cdeca64dfc1a/fbeda520.jpg

I think we are in love. I rather like older men, says Juni Rose...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pd61ec403a61e3763e3cdba2d54ce39ab/fbeda530.jpg

:eek:

Pam
06-14-2003, 01:45 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool: Oh my gosh!!! I am pinching myself because I can't believe my eyes! Too cute!!!!! Dear little Miley just has to bite the bullet now and decide that if a *widdle 4 pound baby girl* can accept the Ti man she will have to also! Sallyanne these are just awesome. I love the look on Ti's face in these pictures. :D Juni seems to feel very much at home. A cat pile of two - do we dare wish for a cat pile of three!!! :) I'll stay tuned...

Freckles
06-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Juni Rose doesn't seem to mind being squashed by the big guy:)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p62816a109d5d2931d509cdeca64dfc1a/fbeda520.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
06-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Sallyanne, these pics are great. :D Ti and Juni look so happy together. I sure hope that Miley will come around soon too. At least she seems to be accepting Juni. My new cat Sky is fitting pretty well. Cirrus seems to be the most interested in him but wants to make friends a little too quickly. Storm, Cirrus, and Sky have hissed a few times at each other but nothing major has happened. Sunny still seems a little bit scared of Sky. Since he's half aby, maybe it's an aby thing. All in all this has been one of the smoothest introductions so far. :D

Prairie Purrs
06-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Big Ti and little Juni look so darned sweet together! :D

gini
06-14-2003, 02:23 PM
How can you ever put the camera away? If those aren't the most beautiful cats ..........and their poses......melts your heart!

I think I would just have to stand around watching what they are going to do next. (and get nothing else done).

jenluckenbach
06-14-2003, 02:44 PM
How precious can 2 cats be??????????

luvdemabys
06-14-2003, 03:01 PM
I'm coming up there, I swear! What a gorgeous baby...but I hadn't realized Graemer had gone to Rainbow Bridge...is there a thread where I can go to mourn and learn the story without sas having to go through it again?

Freckles
06-14-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by luvdemabys
I hadn't realized Graemer had gone to Rainbow Bridge...is there a thread where I can go to mourn and learn the story without sas having to go through it again?
Go to SEARCH
Search by keyword - type in "Gabe OR Graemer"
Search by user Name -type in "sasvermont"
Search forum - cat
Search titles only
Show results as threads. then search.

Start with the threads at the bottom of the list and you'll get the full story.

Rachel
06-14-2003, 04:45 PM
These pictures warm the heart and soul. Thankfully Ti now has someone to interact with in a positive way. Hopefully he will find a similar way to approach Miley.

Vermontcat
06-14-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pbd24715d6acc0d01e798aad64ba41b8a/fbeda528.jpg

Sas, Ti and Juni look so sweet together!:D :D
I love all of the photos you posted!

I am ready to plan a field trip to Camp Vermont!
Check your PM's!:)

lailamara
06-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Awww

I'm so happy to see this. You've trod a long difficult road and it warms my heart to see there is a silver lining in your cloud. Of course we are all going to pester you constantly for more and more pictures.:D

neko1
06-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Juni is adorable, I love her Aby ears!!!:)

Christiansmommy
06-14-2003, 07:10 PM
Sallyanne, glad Juni and Ti like the toys :) Those pics are so priceless!!! Yeah!!! SAS has kitties that snuggle together....FINALLY!!!!;) ;) You must have been so happy to walk into the room to see those 2 cuteis. I am sure Miley will come around...it'll just take a little more time i suppose. Juni is such a sweetie and absolutely beautiful!! I am glad that Ti welcomes her company!!!

Robyn

kimlovescats
06-14-2003, 11:15 PM
How absolutley precious how these two have bonded so quickly!!! I am sooooooooo happy for you! They are two very beautiful cats, and they just make a gorgeous duo!!! I think Ms. Miley will have to come around soon! ;)

Christiansmommy
06-14-2003, 11:21 PM

This would make a cute new signature pic ;)

sasvermont
06-15-2003, 06:07 AM
Robyn and others: Juni Rose is just what this home needed. She is not the peacemaker in total, but she has certainly taken the heat off Ti and Miley. I do believe that someday Miley will just sit and watch Ti and Juni play. It may take months.

I should probably close this thread and start with a new topic, but I was hoping that a special event would be the cause of a new topic...as in ..... Miley plays with Ti.... but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Vermontcat and a couple of her children are coming over today, to play with the cats.....and to be scratched by Ms. Juni Rose - with her little daggers.....even though I just clipped them.....

Thank you for all of your fun and sweet comments. They mean a lot to me.

Life is tough sometimes, and one hopes that one's pets are the saving grace and when the pets ARE NOT, as in fighting and unhappy campers, it surely makes for an unhappy household! So encouraging words are nice! Thank you all........you helped me through a difficult time, AGAIN!

Thanks Karen, for putting up with us!

Love,
SAS and her three brats!

Barbara
06-15-2003, 06:33 AM
These pictures are wonderful. Ti and Juni feel aboslutley well together -that's so great. And I think the fact that Miley spends her nights with Juni and you is encouraging. So she is gathering positive experiences together with Juni and three are moments when she relaxes.:)

I am so happy to see that Juni Rose brought good luck back to Camp Vermont.:)

Vermontcat
06-15-2003, 07:00 AM
I'm heading up to Camp Vermont soon!:D
I will be bringing a camera or two so look for a new thread and new photos later today!:)

Pam
06-15-2003, 07:36 AM
Oh VermontCat lucky you! I will be checking in at PT for those pictures! I wish I could come along. Want to stop by NJ and pick me up on the way? LOL! :D :D What a fun day you are in store for. :) Can't wait to see!

SAS we will still have open minds and wait for that thread 'Miley plays with Ti.' I may be sitting here in a rocking chair with dentures, white hair and a hearing aid but I think it will happen some day. I hope my eyes will still be good enough to be able to view the pics! :D

Karen
06-15-2003, 07:49 AM
Glad Juni Rose seems to be the missing piece to your cat puzzle. Those are such nice pictures, maybe there is peace to be had - you know, between bouts of kitten-energy - after all!

Edwina's Secretary
06-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Please do start a new thread! It's cahllenging to find the photos! And I LOVE the photos!

Cataholic
06-15-2003, 03:12 PM
NEW THRED!!!:D

Vermontcat
06-15-2003, 05:42 PM
You will have to wait a couple of hours for the photos. I have had company this afternoon and won't get to post the photos I took until at least 8:30.
I plan to start the thread in Cat General when I do.
Juni loved playing with us, I got a lot of photos of her and a couple of Ti alone and Miley alone.
Sorry that you will have to wait a little longer for the photos but they will be worth the wait!:D
Sas has three very wonderful cats in her house! Thank you for letting us visit Sas! :)

neko1
06-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Can't wait to see the pictures!!! Juni is so adorable, I just love looking at abys:D :D :D