PDA

View Full Version : New Foster/Permanant Resident ;)

micki76
06-07-2003, 05:04 PM
So now we have 3! :eek: So I find this little old (13-15 yrs old) Shih Tzu living in a cage at a veterinarian's office for the last 2 months and of course I had to bring her home with me. She was found as a stray and brought into the clinic by one of their regular clients. She's very thin and needs to gain some weight (shouldn't be a problem in this house!), but is otherwise healthy. She's had what’s left of her teeth cleaned and a complete blood work up done. She has been spayed and seems to be a happy-go-lucky kind of a girl.
Needless to say, hubby isn’t too thrilled, but when he heard about her living in a cage, not even a kennel, he said ok. She's not much to look at, but very sweet. She doesn't like the camera but I got a couple of her! I’m sure she’ll be living out the rest of her senior years here with us. :)
Chester and Millie are not too happy with her, but she seems to be running the show so far!

Anyone have any name suggestions? I’ve been calling her Granny. :rolleyes:

Here she is:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/p76fe3ddfd6b67cff76a1abd798f631f9/fbfb46d0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/pae88448bd4ed974fd78d5d73841f6a90/fbfb4705.jpg

binka_nugget
06-07-2003, 05:15 PM
she's so adorable! I'm very glad that she gets to spend her time in a wonderful home with loving people rather than a cage. As for name suggestions, I have a couple. I found the name Aneko which is a japanese name meaning older sister. I thought it kinda suited her. Another one I thought was pretty cool was the name Lakin. It's an african-american name meaning found treasure. Those are kinda...more unique names...some fun names I thought of using for kai were skittles, pogo, chip and Keiko (we thought we were getting a girl). Can't wait to hear more about this lovely girl!

wolfsoul
06-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Great pics! Is it just the pics, or her colour or something that makes her look like she carries schnauzer? :confused: :o

Here are some names I found :)

Sindri - means either "small, trivial" or else "sparkling" in Old Norse

Sayuri - Means "small lily" in Japanese.

Perdita - Derived from Latin perditus meaning "lost".

Anima - Means "soul, spirit" in Latin

Zoe - Means "life" in Greek.

Nova - Recently coined name from Latin novus "new". This name can also mean "butterfly chaser" (Native American).

Sterling - Means "little star" in Middle English

Good luck! :)

Pam
06-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by micki76

Anyone have any name suggestions? I’ve been calling her Granny. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D I love that name!! :) Oh how sweet she is and bless you for taking her in. I'm sure she is happy now that she can stretch her legs a little! I'm looking forward to more stories and pictures!!

Kfamr
06-07-2003, 05:52 PM
How cute! I like the name "Grannny"! :p

Dogz
06-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Oh, she's adorable! I like the name Granny!:D

aly
06-07-2003, 08:36 PM
micki, you angel! Thank you so MUCH for taking this girl. Most of my foster dogs end up being geriatric ones with bad health too. Their options are SO limited, its very sad :( Thank you so much for posting pics of the precious girl, she's darling! I would love to give her a big kiss on the lips.

I'll be thinking of names.

ChloeLove
06-07-2003, 08:45 PM
You are such an angel for taking in a dog that old...Aly is right, they don't have many options. It was so great of you to take her in! I think Granny suits her! :p

micki76
06-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Great pics! Is it just the pics, or her colour or something that makes her look like she carries schnauzer? :confused: :o

No schnauzer, just a very old dog. :) I'm sure she used to be much darker, since her behind is almost black. She's mostly grey on the head.
We're still calling her Granny. Actually I've been calling her Na Na. As in Sha Na Na. :D I knew someone who called their grandma that and it works for now. My husband likes Ashley's suggestion of Aneko. And I like Jordan's Sayuri, so we may have to go with something altogether different. :rolleyes:
Oh, yes and she LOVES my husband. She likes me too, but apparantly he walks on water as far as she's concerned. :rolleyes:

You can see her silver head better in this pic:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pd126aa5e1f387c04408fe524a6abd52c/fbfafdce.jpg

jenfer
06-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Great that you have a Shih Tzu now!!! Shih Tzu are great! They are very playful and loving! :)

aly
06-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Awww great pic. Isn't she snug as a bug in a rug? :D

Tonya
06-07-2003, 10:56 PM
My vote is Granny! That name suites her well. I am happy to hear that you are giving her a home. A cage is no place to spend your last years!

clara4457
06-08-2003, 05:35 AM
Thank you for taking in this beautiful babe!!!:D She is very fortunate to have you both to live out the rest of her days with. I also like the name Granny - seems to fit her.:) I'm sure Millie and Chester will adjust to having a big sister to boss them around pretty quickly. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to your entire brood.

Cookiebaker
06-08-2003, 06:49 AM
Oohhh Wow!! That's really special of you to take Granny! I love that name, too! I think it fits perfectly. :) She's a cute one!

RockyRoad
06-08-2003, 08:39 AM
What a pretty dog she is! Congrats on the new edition! :) How kind of you to take her in. :)

primabella
06-08-2003, 09:18 AM
That was so sweet of you to take her in. She's so cute and I love the name Granny. lol :p

lovemyshiba
06-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Awwww, Micki--how sweet of you to take her in--I know she loves and appreciates you so much!!
As for names, I just love Granny--it seems to suit her!!!!!!

Tina
06-08-2003, 10:54 AM
What a cutie!! I'm glad that you took her in:) I also like the name Granny:)

micki76
06-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Ok, so she has almost no teeth, feels like she'll snap in two when you pick her up, and wobbles when she walks, but she has a bladder of steel! This girl went all night and Millie and Chester (or I) can't even do that. :) She's a real sweetie, the new boss and now my husband’s dog. She loves him, goes everywhere he goes. She plays like a puppy in the morning and isn't a barker (unlike the whippersnappers she lives with) so far. Spent most of the morning in the back yard with Michael and really enjoyed herself.
Last night Chester kinda went at her all snappy and she was all over him! She also ran Millie all over the living room for growling at her! :) Other than that, she pretty much ignores them. :) No time for foolish young 'uns! :D

Cincy'sMom
06-08-2003, 11:21 AM
She sounds a lot like my mom's "granny" , Oreo. The littlest, oldest dog running the place!

You are so wonderful for taking in her. Poor girl living in a cage for 2 months!!!

tikeyas_mom
06-08-2003, 12:39 PM
she looks more Lasapso then shih tzu, what a dareling. she must be happy to be in a nice home like yours ;).

GSDgurl
06-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Aww she is soo cute~!!!
That was soo nice of u to take that girl home w/ ya! Im sure she loves having a home now.

Thanx for posting pictures.... I enjoyed them~!