PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted

GSDgurl
06-07-2003, 01:02 PM
Hey everybody.....I just have something to say that has been on my chest.

I am not real sure about this or anything....but I don't feel very liked maybe...wanted? Yea I may have done wrong one time here...or said something in the wrong way....but everyone makes mistakes. Right?? Its just that everytime I ask a "?" to some people on here...it never gets answered......I came here to get some animals "?'s" answered n' talk about my pups. Or everytime I start a tread it never gets but maybe 2 or 3 replys. I don't want to sound jealous or anything....b/c im not trying to..

I just don't understand n' maybe somebody can help me out....answer my "?."

I hope this doesn't upset anybody....b/c I really love it here n' I don't won't everyone to hate me or have a gruge(sp?) on me for doin wrong. Or sayin what I am sayin now....

I also have to tell everyone that....I use to share this name w/ a friend n' we put her B-day n' name down. But since I was the one that used it the MOST it is mine now. So my name is Casey n' MY B-day is in November on the 7th. N' thanx to much ChrisH for recongizing the other date...Thanx SOOO much:)

If I am unwated here....I well leave so I cause NO more problems.

Aspen and Misty
06-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Don't worry, your wanted.

A while back some one, forget who, made a thread stating that they felt like they kinda "killed" the thread. Seemed every thread they made no one responded to and everythread they responded to they were the last person and people would stop posting on it and they felt like it was because of them.

I think about 20 other people also said they felt this way.

No need to worry, we like having you here!

Ash

popcornbird
06-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Actually, I haven't seen very many of your posts to reply to. I don't think you should feel that way. When I just joined, I felt the same for a few months. Things will get better. Don't worry. :) You ARE wanted.

Rottieluver45
06-07-2003, 01:33 PM
You`re wanted. To tell the truth I haven`t read alot of your posts. Like popcorn said She felt the same way and so did I! I think alot of people did, That just means You`re fitting in.:)

Albea
06-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Please don't feel you are not welcome here. You have to understand that not everybody, and I include myself in this, has the time to read all the posts and reply to everything. If you have a question that I can't answer, I'll leave it to people who know more than I do on the subject, instead of saying "sorry, I don't know."
We are always happy to hear about your pets and we love to have you as a member of Pet Talk.
By the way, I'm also a Scorpio. My birthday is in November too.

RubyMutt
06-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Albea
You have to understand that not everybody, and I include myself in this, has the time to read all the posts and reply to everything. If you have a question that I can't answer, I'll leave it to people who know more than I do on the subject, instead of saying "sorry, I don't know."

That's what I was going to say :D You shouldn't feel unwanted. I'm happy that you're a member of PT & I love seeing photos of your beautiful pups! :)

GSDgurl
06-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Thanx...yall, for saying what u did. Makes me feel a lot better. I haven't made much threads...but I have posted a lot.

Thanx for tellin me about the few months thing.....hopefully when August comes I'll be a FULL member~!

I also think the people that share more pictures of their animals are more liked or loved? than the ones that don't. Im hoping maybe this summer I well get a ditial(sp) camra...so I can share more pix of my dogs n' other animals.

Albea:Thats cool that ur B-day is in November too~!
Sry for the confusion about my B-day thing though...:rolleyes:

RockyRoad
06-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by GSDgurl

I also think the people that share more pictures of their animals are more liked or loved? than the ones that don't. Im hoping maybe this summer I well get a ditial(sp) camra...so I can share more pix of my dogs n' other animals.

That's funny, because I thought it was the exact opposite. I usually hold off on posting pictures, because I don't want to pile up the board with pics(for fear everyone would get annoyed at me lol). :o
Can't wait 'till you get a digital camera so we can see some more pics! :)

Oh yes...and you are definetely wanted here!:)

micki76
06-07-2003, 05:18 PM
I felt like an outsider a bit at first, too. Keep posting and soon you'll feel right at home! :) I don't respond to a lot of posts, cause though I may find it interesting, I may not have any input. :rolleyes:

binka_nugget
06-07-2003, 05:22 PM
You are definately wanted here. We welcome anyone who joins. I felt the same way until just recently. I felt like people thought I was annoying, stupid..yadi yada yada. There are wonderful people here, you just have to talk more that's all. As for the picture thing...I've tried to limit myself in posting pics. I feel like people just go "YEESH!" everytime I post kai's pics. But trust me, you are wanted at pt!

IttyBittyKitty
06-08-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by micki76
I felt like an outsider a bit at first, too. Keep posting and soon you'll feel right at home! :) I don't respond to a lot of posts, cause though I may find it interesting, I may not have any input. :rolleyes:

I know exactly what everyone means! I found the same thing when I first joined. It takes awhile for everyone to realise that you're here to stay on the boards, and not just a "fly by nighter" or someone who is there to stir trouble. There have been enough of those that I can understand why people would be weary!

We are all wanted at PT! That's what's so great about it! :D

RubyMutt
06-08-2003, 11:03 AM
I don't think people should be concerned about posting too many photos. There's no such thing as too many photos!! :D I wouldn't mind seeing new pics of everyone's furkids everyday! :D

Aspen and Misty
06-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
I've tried to limit myself in posting pics. I feel like people just go "YEESH!" everytime I post kai's pics. But trust me, you are wanted at pt!

No Limit! We love Kia, I just had to say I want more pictures! I don't think you post enough pictures!!! POST PICS POST PICS POST PICS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

As for Britt, you know my feelings about Floppsey, when ever you wanna post pics, you just go ahead and bore me with them :D

Ash

tatsxxx11
06-08-2003, 12:00 PM
Oh, please don't feel that way!! You most certainly ARE wanted!! I had to laugh because, although I've been with Pet Talk almost since the beginning and have tons of friends here, I've always joked with Logan that I am the "death of a thread!":D For a while I always seemed to be the last to post! Sometimes it's just a matter of jumping in a little late or when interest in that topic is ending.

I'm not sure how old you are, but one thing I have noticed after years on Pet Talk...that is that sometimes the younger members are understandably very anxious to read replies to their threads/posts and are distraught when others don't respond immediately. I noticed yesterday, when you posted your birthday thread, you were upset because only one person had posted... but it had been less than an hour. I was all ready to wish you a Happy Birthday and then read that you were upset because only one person had posted; I felt awful. Please try to be patient. Usually on weekends people don't get on Pet Talk till later in the day; some not until Sunday. Even the Dog Cat and Pet of the Day get less replies! And during the week, many of us work so don't get on until the evening! I know that I'm always on the look out for posts that haven't gotten many replies; sometimes, within minutes, they can get bumped down so far people don't see them. Now a days, with so many new members and so many new threads getting posted, you may have to check two pages for threads started just that day!

Hang in there! You are VERY much appreciated and a cherished member of Pet Talk!:) Keep posting, as they, "early and often!!";)

GSDgurl
06-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Thanx everyone n' I feel very welcomed from just reading ALL of ur inputs on this.

tatsxxx11-- I think u are very right about that....we do get anxios for ppl to reply. I guess it makes u feel more important when A LOT of ppl reply about what u posted. N' if u were wonderin I am 15, 16 in November. Also about not having time to get on, on the weekends...I know what u mean..(I work on the weekends)

binka_nugget-- I love seein pix of Kai~! Keep sharing b/c I never get tired of them~!

RubyMutt-- Ur right.....I could also look at pictures all day of everyone's furbabies.

FloppsyLadySally89-- Really?? I always thought that the ppl that share soo much pictures....get a lot of attention. I have just noticed that....:rolleyes: But I can't see how ppl could get annoyed by seein to many pictures of ur Lady...see is soo beautiful...you just gotta love those GSD's~!!:D

aly
06-08-2003, 02:03 PM
I think everyone feels like that at one point or another. I've been here for over 2 years and I still feel like that sometimes! I think the people who post pictures might get more attention only because none of us can resist gushing over darling photos. I'm sure we all still LOVE the pets who's photos aren't posted just the same :)

Dakota's Mommy
06-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Please don't feel unwanted! I'm sure nobody meant for you to feel this way, it just sort of happens sometimes, including to me! Please don't be offended by it, I doubt anybody meant to hurt your feelings!

GoldenRetrLuver
06-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Hey, your not unwanted! We love having you here! Ive felt like an outsider before, so i know how you feel.. We definatley didnt mean to hurt your feelings!!:)

ramanth
06-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Sorry... this made me giggle. Ash, you just called Kai, Kia. And I've had people PM me asking how Kai is doing. ;) :D

Not sure how Kai is doing, but Kia is resting. :)

Originally posted by binka_nugget
I've tried to limit myself in posting pics. I feel like people just go "YEESH!" everytime I post kai's pics. But trust me, you are wanted at pt!

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
No Limit! We love Kia, I just had to say I want more pictures! I don't think you post enough pictures!!! POST PICS POST PICS POST PICS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Ash

binka_nugget
06-11-2003, 01:42 AM
lol yea i've noticed people mixed them around. hehe...I had thought about naming Kai, Kia before we had decided.

and kai is doing fine...just a bit lazy...sleeping 24/7

Tonya
06-11-2003, 02:39 AM
Hi, GSD. I don't know whats up because I am new and I don't really know everyone. One thing I can say though...right now, I am off of work, so I surf the net for hours and hours. And I still can't keep up with this site. It is a very active site. I can't even read all the posts let alone respond to them all. So, if I don't respond to a few of your posts, it's nothing personal. Just lack of time!

Cataholic
06-11-2003, 06:33 AM
GSD,
I wouldn't worry if I were you...sometimes people get busy, or for whateve reason, the thred doesn't interest them...or they don't see it. Everyone is wanted here on PT, and it just takes a while to feel like you fit in. So, post, post, post! And welcome.
Cataholic

anna_66
06-12-2003, 09:12 AM
;) :p
I've read your posts I just don't always have anything to say. I try to post to alot of threads beacuse I don't want anyone to feel left out. So don't worry about it, we want you here!