PDA

View Full Version : Cant wait....

iceyshiver21
06-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Is there anything sombody cant wait for??

I cant wait to be so old that I can hit young kids with my cane!! I wanna be like Mrs. Bebouse(sp?) in "To Kill A Mockingbird" only with out the morphene....and not quite as mean...and I want to go to the nursing home and have wheel chair races....I dont know...unlike most I think being old is an asset...you know so much....

KYS
06-07-2003, 10:49 AM
I can't wait till I win the big lotto.............
Since that is to far fetch, I can't wait till I retire. :D

iceyshiver21......
I also think being old is an asset with knowledge.
But don't wish your young life away to soon,
with age also comes wrinkles and aches and pains. :)

neko1
06-07-2003, 10:50 AM
I cant' wait till the wedding! Well it's not too long..only 2 weeks

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-07-2003, 10:58 AM
I can't wait to move and finally be on my own. Totally independent. To taste freedom. If I want to go out... guess what? I'm going out. If I want to party? Guess what? I'm partying!!! If I want to walk out the door for no friggin' reason and not return until late tonight... then you can count on me doing that WITHOUT BEING QUESTIONED.

I can't wait to be free.

AmylovesMisty
06-07-2003, 12:04 PM
I can't wait to be free..go out hang with my friends and just laugh and cherish our childhood with happy memories..

Cincy'sMom
06-07-2003, 12:12 PM
I can't wait to go on vacation!! We always go to Florida the last week of July to perform at Walt Disney World...it is a week away from work, good food, laying by the pool and this year I think we are going to get to meet Delidog!!!

Tweety_Pie
06-07-2003, 12:31 PM
i can't wait for school to end:rolleyes: ;) :p

babolaypo65
06-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Tenure. I can't wait for tenure. Three more years. :D

In terms of age, and what the younger pet talkers wish for... I always wanted to be 21 and on my own. That was what I wished for growing up. In reality, my 30s have been the best. BY FAR. For some reason in your thirties you get real independence. You no longer care what other people think, and you do what you want, not what you think you should want. its fun.

Aspen and Misty
06-07-2003, 01:03 PM
I can't wait to Raise my first Guide Dog Puppy and I also can't wait to see what my future holds for me, who I will fall in lvoe with, where I will live, what I will do and what pets I have. All things I can't wait to find out.

Ash

Aspen and Misty
06-07-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Tenure. I can't wait for tenure. Three more years. :D

What is Tenure? I have never heard of this before. :D

Ash

babolaypo65
06-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Tenure is a university process. I teach in a university. When you're hired as a professor (right after finishing your phd usually) you're hired as an assistant professor. And you're on a kind of "probation". You have six years (sometimes seven, sometimes five, depends on the school) to become a good university professor, to publish papers that indicate that you can do good research, and to do a certain amount of community and university service.
Then, at six years (in my case) I have to create a portfolio of everything I've written that got published in a journal, or a book. Every conference I've given a paper at. All of my course outlines, and evaluations (if you're in college and you think the end of semester evals dont matter, they do. a lot). And I write an essay saying what I've been doing, and why I'm worthy of tenure. Anyway, i get this portfolio together, people can send in letters of support if they want, and then its given to my dept, and between five and ten professors in other universities. If everyone approves, I get tenure, meaning a permanent position, and in my case a promotion to associate professor, and a raise. In most cases if you don't get tenure, you finish out the year, and then you have to leave. You get fired, basically. And you try to get another university position, and start all over again. It's quite a stressful thing.
So, I wish for tenure, and hope I'll get it.

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
What is Tenure? I have never heard of this before. :D

Ash

iceyshiver21
06-07-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by KYS

iceyshiver21......
I also think being old is an asset with knowledge.
But don't wish your young life away to soon,
with age also comes wrinkles and aches and pains. :)
I soppose...but when you hurt, you become grumpy and can run over the disobedent little whppersnappers feet with your wheelchair. ;) Yah...your right I should wish to be older for it is comming fast enough but, yah I dont know.