PDA

View Full Version : Rats Shaking?

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Noah is shaking when hold him?

He's not sneezing and he's letting me hold him and he's sleeping on me, which he does occasionally, but not for this long.

What could be wrong?! Please help!

wolfsoul
06-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Where is he shaking? His body? Or his face? :confused: When their faces shake, it's because they are bruxing..It is when they rub their teeth together and their lower jawbone presses on the backs of their eyes, making them pop in and out, and making their faces jiggle. But if that's not it,and it's his body, then I'm not sure what it means :confused: I'm going to the vet today, I'll ask for you :)

I Love Brian, Forever <3
06-06-2003, 06:04 PM
His body. Thank you soooooooooo much for asking.

Desert Arabian
06-06-2003, 09:22 PM
Is it hard jolts? Does it make a weird noise when it jolts? If "yes", then that is normal. My rats do that all the time. I am not sure why the do it, I have tried to look on the internet, but I haven't found any information. I think it's because they're happy, but I could br wrong.

luckies4me
06-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Is it hard jolts? Does it make a weird noise when it jolts? If "yes", then that is normal. My rats do that all the time. I am not sure why the do it, I have tried to look on the internet, but I haven't found any information. I think it's because they're happy, but I could br wrong.

That doesn't sound normal to me.......

wolfsoul
06-06-2003, 10:34 PM
YLL, my rats jolt sometimes too. I tried looking it up as well, and couldn't find anything :confused: Just a few hard jolts, it lasts a minute, and then leaves. Not sure why, I talked to a vet about that a while back, he had no clue what it was...

I asked the vet for ILBF, he said that it's hard for him to know if something is wrong unless he can check the rat out for himself, but he said it could be caused from stress/ anxiety, being scared, cold, or it could possibly be a symptom of an illness..:(

Good luck

Desert Arabian
06-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
YLL, my rats jolt sometimes too. I tried looking it up as well, and couldn't find anything :confused: Just a few hard jolts, it lasts a minute, and then leaves. Not sure why, I talked to a vet about that a while back, he had no clue what it was...

When Nugget & Sweet Pea were at the vet, they did that on the exam table, and I asked her why they do that, and Dr. Roussel said it was nothing to worry about.

They make little chuckling noises when they jump/jolt...whatever you want to call it. I noticed they do the "jolting" a lot when they are getting treats, so I think it is because they are happy.

luckies4me
06-07-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover

They make little chuckling noises when they jump/jolt...whatever you want to call it. I noticed they do the "jolting" a lot when they are getting treats, so I think it is because they are happy.

Ok that sounds a little better to me. You put it in words that I can understand :p I still do not believe that his rat shaking/trembling is normal though and he should probably take his rat to the vet.