PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!

apcrs5122
06-06-2003, 03:13 PM
Can anyone tell me how to do a signature?:confused: I'm not too good with working with pictures and stuff so.......

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-06-2003, 03:15 PM
You're asking the wrong person... lol Sorry, I'm not good at explaining these kind of things.

binka_nugget
06-06-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm your (wo)man! Hmm..well do you have a graphics program? I have adobe photoshop 6 and 7 along with 3d studio max 4 and jasc paint shop pro 7. Photoshop is the most expensive out of all of them but I didn't pay *cough*Downloaded*cough*off*cough*Kazaa :D Once you have a graphics program, you just fool around. Play around until you find something you like. You can also find great tutorials on google.

Mich
06-06-2003, 04:37 PM
I would llike to know as well, but I don't have all that the other person was saying they had, so I am just as bad off as you. I got help from another person to put my pictures of my dog on.

Fuzzy317
06-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Here is Phred's Tutorial

POSTING PICTURES on Pet Talk; class 101 (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406)

apcrs5122
06-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Thanks everyone! The thing is I can't do anything about it until school starts again.:mad: My sister has her laptop hooked up to the net and our regular computer (which has all my pics on it) dosn't have the connection. Oh well I guess........:mad: I guess I'll just have to wait!:(

binka_nugget
06-06-2003, 07:45 PM
you know....you could download kazaa....or any other program...or any graphics program for that matter. Even ms paint would work (and you should have it because i think all comps have it)
Originally posted by Mich
I would llike to know as well, but I don't have all that the other person was saying they had, so I am just as bad off as you. I got help from another person to put my pictures of my dog on.

Mich
06-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Thank you for your information. I am very grateful for it, thank you again

Mich
06-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Do you have that beautiful collie? It has amazing colours. Many years ago I had a blue merle collie, and he was wonderful.

binka_nugget
06-06-2003, 08:28 PM
yep and no..he is mine (well our family's..but we're really attached to each other) but he's a sheltie. He's fairly big for a sheltie just pushing the breed standard at 16 inches. He's gotten mistaken for a collie before and I guess I could understand that..but someone else thought he was a BORDER collie! LOL I was snickering :rolleyes:

Mich
06-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Wow, well he is magnificent! Congratulations on such a lovely dog. A Border Collie?? No, I know what they look like, ha ha ha!!

lotrfreak
06-06-2003, 08:46 PM
i thought he was a collie too. and to tell you the truth, i would of said he was a border collie about a month ago, until iI saw Babe, and someone mad a comment bout the dogs....

Mich
06-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Yes, well it is hard to tell on a photo, but a Border Collie, is Black with a white collar and some have white on their faces. Don't think I'm smart,as I am not..... but my neice has one, that is how I know.

lotrfreak
06-06-2003, 08:56 PM
yeah, for some reason i always thought lassi was a border collie. I just carried her picture with its name

Mich
06-06-2003, 09:12 PM
Well, you are not really wrong.........as the "Lassie" type dog is originally from Scotland, and the Border Collie was developed in the Scottish border country....so very confusing

binka_nugget
06-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Yep it's very confusing. It's totally common for people to mistake shelties as collies, especially in pics. Shelties along with collies developed from the border collie so there is a slight resemblence.

Mich
06-06-2003, 09:24 PM
Yes, but if you see the 3 in real life, then there is no mistaking either of them, hey? I used to live across the road from a lady who had 3 shelties, and she used their hair to weave. She had jumpers, and beanies, and mittens and scarfs....you name it she did it. I always wondered if she got caught in the rain, would she smell like a wet dog? Ha Ha Ha!! Just joking, as I have heard of people using Poodle hair to weave also...Oh, she made socks as well.

binka_nugget
06-06-2003, 09:34 PM
oh yea! I've saw a show with a lady who used her dogs hair to make sweaters and stuff with it. I thought that it would be kinda gross...but it's like a personal souvenir from your loved one.:D Ohh I want a border collie so badly..along with a collie...my other 2 favourite breeds...ack

Mich
06-06-2003, 09:42 PM
What a family you would have then? Think of the grooming? Hey you could get your own loom set up as well, if you had all 3? Think of the miles you would have to walk each day for the dogs? and the food bills, and vet bills, Oh!! don't think. I had 2 poodles and a Bedlington once, and that was heavy going, with walking each day, twice a day, feeding, picking up 3 lots of droppings every day..........I'm not saying I didn't enjoy them, as I loved them with all my heart. But you got to think before you really get 3 dogs, especially with long coats.

binka_nugget
06-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Oh I highly doubt I'll have all three at one time. At least, not until I move to a bigger place with more land. The grooming I don't mind, I obsess over it with kai. I've always wanted a large area of land and to raise sheep, ducks and maybe even some more animals but mainly things the dogs could herd. I want so many herding dogs and I thought it would be a perfect enviroment for the dogs but...it's a dream that I don't think will come true in my lifetime. I know that I will get a BC for sure...I'm not too sure if I'll have it at the same time as kai though..maybe wait 20 years.

Mich
06-06-2003, 10:03 PM
What lovely plans you have for your life. Not that I give advice, ....but binka_nugget, don't wait till you are too old to enjoy it. IF this is what you want in life, then do your utmost to make it happen. I don't know how old you are.....NOR do I want to know. !!!!!!! If you can make this become a reality, with your dogs on a farm then save, plan for it and by golly ..Do It !!!

You only have one life, and you can't go back once you have grown old.

binka_nugget
06-06-2003, 10:19 PM
thanks:) I will possibly do that. I plan on becoming a dog trainer though. I've always been fairly good at that and I'd love to do something that I enjoy. But then again, I'd have to wait and see. I may move to Victoria, Australia so I'm not quite sure what will happen.

Mich
06-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Well, that is a big (''IF") If you move from way over there to Victoria here. There is a lot of planning there. It cost my brother an awful lot of money when they moved from England back to Sydney, and he bout his dog with him ( a Cocker Spaniel). She cost a lot and was kept for months in quarantine. I don't know if it is the same come from America to here, where the dogs are concerned, but I feel it would be.

Mich
06-06-2003, 10:34 PM
Is it YOUR Kia that had a seziure? I was just looking at 'General' and I saw a place named " Kia had a seziure"

binka_nugget
06-06-2003, 10:40 PM
nope. It was kia the cattledog/something else...lol can't remember but it was ramanth's poochie.

wolfsoul
06-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Mich
Yes, well it is hard to tell on a photo, but a Border Collie, is Black with a white collar and some have white on their faces. Don't think I'm smart,as I am not..... but my neice has one, that is how I know.

That is very wrong. Borders can be a number of colours. Black, red, sable, blue merle, red merle, lilac, and a combonation of these. It is very easy to be confused on this topic as black and white is more commonly seen and is thought of as the traditional colour.

Mich
06-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Oh, well, you didn't mention anything wrong with your dog at the time, so I just wondered

binka_nugget
06-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
That is very wrong. Borders can be a number of colours. Black, red, sable, blue merle, red merle, lilac, and a combonation of these. It is very easy to be confused on this topic as black and white is more commonly seen and is thought of as the traditional colour.

don't forget double merles! LOL I love the look :D

Mich
06-06-2003, 11:50 PM
wow, really? that is amazing. I knew of the brown, but not of all the others. I am so happy you told me. Thank you