View Full Version : Sammy update.......

All Creatures Great And Small
06-05-2003, 09:53 PM
because:

-They're both redheads
-They're both named Sam
-They're both ornery little varmints
-They're both MALE!

Yep, our hunch was correct, little Sammy is truly a Sammy! HE came back from the vet today with a good report; no feline leukemia, no parasites, clean ears, 2 testes, and extremely cute, according to all the ladies at the reception desk. (He was passed around from one to the other for some serious smooching - he looked like a kid being kissed by aunties!) He also doubled his weight in the last 2 weeks, from 11 ounces to 23 ounces, so we must be feeding him right. (He eats anything he can get his little paws on, including "big brudder"s food - meanwhile big brudder is munching on kitten kibble - go figure........)

He and Dudley have been getting more and more chummy, to the point that they have started having little wrestling matches now and then. Sammy is usually the instigator, and will persist long after Dudley has called a truce. I guess it's not serious fighting because not a lot of noise is being made, other than Sammy's muffled little "mewts" and Dudley's mild hissing. It's extremely entertaining, since I have never owned multiple kitties, so I just laugh my butt off at their antics. I can never catch any of it on camera because they move so fast! It has taken a few years off Dudley, who is now acting like the other "kitten", but he doesn't seem to be eating as much as he used to, so I think he's stressed. I'm going to get some Feliway for him next time I'm at the pet store, to see if that helps. He's not outwardly stressed, but he may be repressing his feelings since he's such a good-natured, easygoing fellow.

aly
06-05-2003, 10:00 PM
I had a feeling he was a boy!! :D I looked at his X rated picture again this morning ;) and just knew it had to be boy parts. So glad everything at the vet went well!

shais_mom
06-06-2003, 12:05 AM
YYEAAHH!!
Glad it went well! Now we know for sure!!!

krazyaboutkatz
06-06-2003, 12:27 AM
I'm so glad his vet visit went well and that he's healthy. I'm also glad that you decided to keep the name Sammy or by now he might have a girlie name. :D

Randi
06-06-2003, 05:24 AM
Awww, how cute he is! It's like seeing Fister as a baby. I'm so glad the vet visit went well! :)

Looking forward to see more pics of him and hear about his little antics! :D

lots of nosekisses from us,
Fister and Randi

IttyBittyKitty
06-06-2003, 05:40 AM
At least you chose an androgynous name! Could you imagine what would have happened if you chose a gender specific name like "Butchboy" or "Priscilla the Princess" each time you were confused by his gender! LOL

jenluckenbach
06-06-2003, 06:11 AM
So glad to see a Sammy update. Since I am a little biased, I am glad that he is a HE. Boys are better.:D And now that you have multiple cats, you will wonder why you did not do this a LONG time ago. :D :D Watching them together will bring the greatest joy.

wolf_Q
06-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Lol......glad you finally figured out if Sammy is a male or female! He's adorable either way. It's good to hear he's healthy. Hopefully he and Dudley will become friends eventually!

Vio&Juni
06-06-2003, 09:10 AM
Uh, so he's a little boy! Such a sweet kitty could only be a boy. I love kitty girls for what they are - bossy.

And I am glad he's healthy :)

zippy-kat
06-06-2003, 09:39 AM
Hip-Hip-Hooray for Sammy Whammy!

ramanth
06-06-2003, 10:02 AM
Congrats! It's a Boy! :D ;)

Glad to hear Sammy is well.

HayleyRosie
06-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear the vet visit went well. Sammy is a real cutie.

Cataholic
06-06-2003, 06:48 PM
Hello sweet Sammy! Girl, boy, I don't care! YOU are ADORABLE!!!

I love you already.

neko1
06-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Glad the vet visit went well!
What a cutie pie!!:)

ChrisH
06-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the update, so glad the vet visit went well! As forGirl or boy, whatever, Sammy is adorable!!:)