PDA

View Full Version : Need some prayers...new job isn't working out. :(

NoahsMommy
06-04-2003, 11:52 PM
Something happened at work (new job) today and I've decided to find a new job. I don't want to go into it, its a ridiculously long story. :(

I just need prayers that a new job will come along. When I was looking, I was offered a job at a vet but didn't pursue it because it was afternoons/evenings and Saturdays. I DID like it, because I would be able to go to school in the day instead of at night and OF COURSE cause it was a vets office. The woman called me last week to see if I would be available for the job!

Please pray and/or send good thoughts my way. This has been a HUGE learning experience and I'm very, very upset. I would really, really benefit from your prayers.

Thanks so much! :)

AmberLee
06-04-2003, 11:56 PM
???

Good luck and our prayers are with you. {{{hugs and headbumpies}}}

shais_mom
06-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Prayers on the way Kelly. If you need to talk I am only an email away.!

krazyaboutkatz
06-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that the job didn't work out. :( Prayers are on the way for your job search. Please take care.

Miss Meow
06-05-2003, 01:11 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. It's an emotional rollercoaster to be happy to get a great new job, and the dumps when things aren't as they seem. Good luck with finding something that's more suitable {{{hugs}}}

IttyBittyKitty
06-05-2003, 05:58 AM
Hugs and prayers coming your way in large amounts! I have had endless troubles with job search myself in recent times, and I've now found a good job at last after a year of looking! Argh! It sure is hard out there.

I'm so sorry to hear about your job not working out! I hope you find a much, much better job real soon. Take heart, you'll get there in the end if you keep at it. I know it's tough, but take a look at your furkids and have a smile :D

jenluckenbach
06-05-2003, 06:02 AM
Best of luck with job hunting. Hope things go btter for you real soon.

anna_66
06-05-2003, 06:50 AM
I'll be sending prayers you way that you find another job soon, sorry the other one didn't work out for you. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Randi
06-05-2003, 08:25 AM
Best wishes for finding a GOOD job, Kelly!! :)

ramanth
06-05-2003, 08:30 AM
Good thoughts that a new job comes your way. :) *hugs*

moosmom
06-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Kelly,

I'm so sorry it's not working out. I'm sending prayers and thoughts your way. Something will come along. Chin up!

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Good luck with your job hunt. I am sure that something great will come your way--just be persistent and keep your chin up!

ScantyNebula
06-05-2003, 09:58 AM
Good luck!! We all know how difficult it can be sometimes to get the right job .. keep your chin up! It will work out soon :)

slick
06-05-2003, 12:32 PM
OMG, that's terrible. So sorry you had to go through this. Prayers are on the way.....

catland
06-05-2003, 12:36 PM
I hope the new job comes through for you.

On the brighter side - almost everyone eventually has a job or co-worker or a boss from hell. The good news is, as time goes by, you'll have a barometer on how good or bad a job can be.

Every now and then, if I'm feeling a bit unhappy about my current job, I just remember my really bad job from hell experience, and it puts everything into perspective.

Good luck.

bluekat
06-05-2003, 06:30 PM
I'm sorry to hear that your job isn't working out so good:( If you need to talk about it, just remember we're here for you.
Well, I wish you Good Luck on finding a new job!

PayItForward
06-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Some jobs are not meant to be, take a deep breath and quit.

Like many other PT's I've had bad job experiences. With one previous job I stopped sleeping and had a permenant headache, I certainly slept well when I finished that job.

If you want to talk.....I'm here.

I'm sure you'll end up with the right job (but it may take some time)

aly
06-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Good luck Kelly! I know you'll find something that you'll be happy with. Your hard work searching will pay off for sure. I'm sorry your new job didn't work out but it just wasn't meant to be.

KYS
06-05-2003, 07:19 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your new job.
Fingers and toes crossed that you will find
a better job ASAP.

RockyRoad
06-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Kelly,

I'm sorry to hear that your job didn't work out so well. I wish you the best of luck in finding a job that is just right for you. You'll be in my thoughts. :)
{{{Hugs}}}

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 07:34 PM
when i got out of school i put in an application to sweep up trash at universal studios....then i applied to the company that i work for now........Uni Studios called me right after the company i work for now called me to tell me i got THEIR JOB.......

so i gave up a job picking up after tourists to
make more money, get FULL med insurance, great bennies....

working weekends sucks but will you be going to school forever???

an old ashanti proverb-

you MUST act as if it is impossible to fail.

good luck!

apcrs5122
06-05-2003, 07:37 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that your job didn't work out.:( I hope you find a new job that you love (or at least like). {{{{HUGS}}}}

NoahsMommy
06-05-2003, 07:51 PM
GOOD news!!!!!! :) I know its because of your prayers and kind words.

I called the vet today to see if the position was still available. Turns out, its from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM on weekdays and Saturdays! I know working Saturdays wont be totally fun, but I could go to school in the morning. The woman said she would call me after 5:30 tonight to learn more about me, I'll be sure and let you know how it went. I'm thinking positive thoughts and praying God shows me if this is for me.

Richard,
It seems like I will be in school forever. ;) I'm going for my PhD in Psychology.

apcrs5122
06-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Yah! I hope it works out alright!

IttyBittyKitty
06-06-2003, 08:03 AM
Woohooooooooooo!!! Best of luck, pls let us know how you go!

emily_the_spoiled
06-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Kelly,

I can truely understand your feeling of being in school forever. I am in the last few months of PhD in pharmaceutical economics. It was a very long haul, but in the long run it will be worth everything that you are going through right now.

Right now I am looking for a job in my field, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel for all of us slightly masochistic people that keep going back to school.:D :D

Keep the faith and things will happen the way they are supposed to...

Cheryl

Vio&Juni
06-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
an old ashanti proverb-

you MUST act as if it is impossible to fail.

good luck!

Richard, can I come to you for encouragement when I need it?

gini
06-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Kelly, I just saw this thread. I am so sorry that your new job is not working out for you. That can be so upsetting, just when you thought all was falling into place so nicely.

I hope that a new "good" job is right around the corner for you.

You have a heavy load!

anna_66
06-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Great news, I hope it all works out!

wolflady
06-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Yay, Kelly! I was wondering if the position with the Vet was still available! I'm so glad to hear that you called and that it's still available! You know that I'm sending lots of prayers your way! I hope the vet job works out. Maybe the reason why the one at your dr's office didn't work out is because the vet position needs you! ;) Plus, working mornings will be great because then you can take some classes in the afternoon! What a perfect fit!!
Do let me know what happens!

**hugs**
Karen

RICHARD
06-06-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
GOOD news!!!!!! :)

Richard,
It seems like I will be in school forever. ;) I'm going for my PhD in Psychology.

aw hell,
can you get extra credit for reading my posts??
lol...good luck!

vio and juni said:
Richard, can I come to you for encouragement when I need it?

yes, but you have to pass it on!!!!:)

KYS
06-06-2003, 02:16 PM
posted by NoahsMommy:GOOD news!!!!!! :) I know its because of your prayers and kind words. >>>>>>>

I believe in fate, it was ment to be that the Vet position
was still available. keep us posted how the interview goes.

P.S. A Psych major! After you get extra credit for Richard's
posts, than you can start on the rest of us. ;)

NoahsMommy
06-06-2003, 04:42 PM
UPDATE...

I just got off the phone with the vet's office. She spoke with me over the phone and asked some questions. She said that she was currently talking with other candidates and would let me know over the phone if I were going to be getting an interview shortly.

Not sure what that means. I always look back and kick myself for things I should've said or should've asked. :rolleyes:

I've also called a residential care facility for abused/neglected/abandonded children that I used to volunteer at. I spoke with the HR person and she told me to apply for a child care counselor online tonight. This would be more in my field of study and I have had about six months of volunteer work there. It would be a money cut, but she said they hire from within first and the chance of gaining promotions are very good.

Please pray I do whats right. I really would like either job. Each job allows me to go to school during the day. I think I would have more days off working with the children...that would be a good thing. ;)

Anyway, I know it'll work out. God is good! :D

ramanth
06-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Here's hoping! *hugs*

Many prayers for you. :)

ChrisH
06-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Sorry I`m late...but prayers on the way. I am sure whichever is right for you will happen.

hugs
Chris

smokey the elder
06-08-2003, 09:08 AM
Good luck! And try not to get discouraged; once you get thru your PhD you'll be glad you went for it. There really aren't THAT many.

babolaypo65
06-08-2003, 09:14 AM
This is so true. Once you're done, think of all the good you can do, not just in your field, but with others in your situation.
Now that I'm done, I look for ways to make it easier on the next students...
A degree in Psych will make it all worthwhile.
Hope either the vet job, or the one with kids works out.
Fingers crossed.

Originally posted by smokey the elder
Good luck! And try not to get discouraged; once you get thru your PhD you'll be glad you went for it. There really aren't THAT many.

Steffi N
06-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Kelly, I hope things work out and that one of these jobs comes through for you. Its hard not to get discouraged. I think its great that you're working for your PhD and that you want to help people and animals.