PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #5

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2003, 02:15 PM
I'm going to place my order for tomorrow please! I'm cutting the cats off this week, so no catnip tea for them this week. I know, Mean Mawmee!!! I want a root beer. I plan to toast Lut's surgery and hope all goes well with her.

I also want chocolate pretzels and a supper large order of Nachoes - mild - no onions, my usual!!!
Thanks in advance!:D

mugsy
06-04-2003, 02:21 PM
I have to be on top of it this week since I'll be working at a festival so I think I'll stick with a boring old diet coke and some wonderful German almonds! YUM!

slick
06-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Well, I think we should have another party because several people have hit milestones this week. I'll have a double order of nachos with double cheese and all the extras. And for the beverage, I think I'll sway from the norm this week - G & T with a twist of lemon please. Weather here will hit 30 deg by Friday so need something tall and cool. Merci....

Randi
06-04-2003, 02:22 PM
I could do with a G & T this time - it's SO hot here!

I've already had a little chat with Lut today - she's in good spirit. :) Lets hope it goes really well tomorrrow!!

Cheers to Lut!!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Randi
:) Lets hope it goes really well tomorrrow!!

Cheers to Lut!!
I'll drink to that!!!:D

slick
06-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Tomorrow, we should have a special DOTD and toast to Lut! Any thoughts??

PayItForward
06-04-2003, 03:24 PM
I'll pre-order a crisp glass of white wine (make it a large one) and pass good prayers & well wishes for Lut. :D

RICHARD
06-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by slick
Tomorrow, we should have a special DOTD and toast to Lut! Any thoughts??

i'm all ears!

catland
06-04-2003, 04:06 PM
DOTD suggestion. We can create a brand new drink, just for Lut. I'll bring some fresh Oregon strawberries (they're the best!) - I'm thinking that we can call the drink a "Belgian Waffle".

Now I need your help - what should we put in the Belgian Waffle?

Cincy'sMom
06-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by catland
DOTD suggestion. We can create a brand new drink, just for Lut. I'll bring some fresh Oregon strawberries (they're the best!) - I'm thinking that we can call the drink a "Belgian Waffle".

Now I need your help - what should we put in the Belgian Waffle?

I don't know what all to put in it, but I think it will need a "fruit topping" maybe chambord? Maybe with something like Vanilla vodka and Godiva?

slick
06-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Well, sounds like the DOTD will be a sweet drink and if there's going to be a fruit topping then we just have to have whipped cream on top of the fruit with a slice of pineapple on the rim....???

Maybe have a splash of Grenadine somewhere in the mix....???

RICHARD
06-04-2003, 05:12 PM
L'Orange Royale

Equal parts of; Orange juice concentrate (thawed), Grand Mariner, Vodka, Dash of Grenadine

Layer in exact order into a chilled Pony glass

?????????????

slick
06-04-2003, 05:29 PM
MMMMMMMMMMM. I'm changing my order.

Richard, you sure do know how to reach my tastebuds.....

Too bad we couldn't coordinate a time that we could all be on line and drink a toast to Lut together.....Whatdayasay??

RICHARD
06-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Black Forest Cake

1/2 oz. each; Cherry Brandy, Kahlua, Baileys

Shake Brandy & Kahlua over ice, Strain into a Pony or Shot glass, Float Bailey's on top

i'm trying to find something with a 'belgian' theme-

geographically i came up with the BFC..

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 08:07 PM
well I want a strong drink this time, Ive had a pissy day, and Charlie is hiding, I have NO idea why, has been hiding all day, wont take his pills... and I lost my temper, so I see why he is hiding now, but have no idea why he started hiding in the first place. has not come out all day. I checked, and hes fine... but if he does not come out soon I will have to make him come out. I wish sometiems I didnt have cats. and after 2 hours with my mother, im ready for a double and triple drink. geez theres something to be said for living far from your mother.

slick
06-04-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
and after 2 hours with my mother, im ready for a double and triple drink. geez theres something to be said for living far from your mother.

I hear ya sister! I love my mother to pieces, but after about 4 hours, I'm ready to leave. We are fortunate to have open communication and agree that we would kill each other if we lived together.. :) :) You definitely deserve a triple.

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 08:30 PM
you know, its just been one of those days. 99% of the time we get along great. but today was the other 1% I guess. and I don't know what the cats problem is... the feliway is out and i havent put the new one in yet. ever since this morning, I gave Charlie his food with his pill, and Emma her food with her pill in it...she ate hers, then nosed into his food... I gently moved her, and HE ran??? I thought ok ignore it and he will come back around. before I left I tried to again, no charlie. ok fine, I will leave and when I come home they will be hungry, I left no dry food out just water. I fed the rest and still no charlie, the litte s***. so now I have to coax him out and baby him, like I have to baby my mother. jesus where is there a deserted island???
ooohh wait I think I hear charlie whining now as I type this... wish me luck!

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 08:32 PM
ok I guess I will stick around and not go to the island... Charlie just came out...

catland
06-05-2003, 11:15 AM
Its THURSDAY!

We're going to have record high heat here today - 94f (ok, so those of you in the south west aren't impressed - this is a heat wave for us.;)

So what ever it is, it better be cold. Bartender - is the bar open yet?

slick
06-05-2003, 11:24 AM
It's going to be hot here as well. I'm getting parched. Has my
G & T been through the border yet??

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 11:34 AM
drinks are up folks!!!

proceed with the party, put a nickel in the juke box,
take the cues of the pool table and welcome!!!

slick
06-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Not that we haven't already done it, but what's a good time for all of us to get together and send our good thoughts and wishes to Lut?

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Not that we haven't already done it, but what's a good time for all of us to get together and send our good thoughts and wishes to Lut?

LET'S DO IT!!!!

a new round......done...
anyone want to do the honors??

zippy-kat
06-05-2003, 01:40 PM
94f (ok, so those of you in the south west aren't impressed - this is a heat wave for us.;)

;) Enjoy your day!

Sunday night a dust storm hit us about 9pm & knocked the electricity out for about an hour. Monday's paper reported we had 90mph winds.

Looks like it's going to another storm today... hope it doesn't hit while I'm at class!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-05-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
LET'S DO IT!!!!

a new round......done...
anyone want to do the honors??
I'll do one:
Lut,
Here's hoping that your surgery is now all over and you are resting and soon you will be all better and home and back on Pet Talk where you belong!!!:D

emily_the_spoiled
06-05-2003, 01:57 PM
For those of us "drowning" out on the East Coast, a few days of 94F sounds like a wonderful thing. I think that the NorthWest and the MidAtlantic have changed weather for the last couple of months.

In celebration that the sun is FINALLY out (but not for long), I would like a nice glass of white wine (it has been one of THOSE days).

Mary, I can totally sympathize with you about your mother. Personally my mother and I get along just great ... as long as we are two time zones and 3,000 miles apart ;)

This one is for Lut ... may her surgery go well and she go back to her fuzzy nurses ASAP!!!

Cheryl

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 02:10 PM
to lut.

successful surgery, good hospital food and a pain free summer!

hoist them high folks!

slick
06-05-2003, 02:12 PM
OK. Here I am holding my glass high in a toast for Lut. Here's hoping you return to your healthy self very soon and can once again join us at Dick's Place.

zippy-kat
06-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Sunday night a dust storm hit us about 9pm & knocked the electricity out for about an hour....

check this photo out... happened yesterday, approx. 2hrs away from here
http://www.mywesttexas.com/local/Z/Zwire2288/zwire/images/duststormbig51.jpg

To Lut! May you recover quickly!

PayItForward
06-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Pour me a very large glass of wine.

I have just returned home hot, tired with both forearms full of scratches WITHOUT that third kitten.

Maybe we might find it tomorrow but I doubt it. :(

To Lut...To a quick & successfull operation. Get well soon, sweetie.

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 02:48 PM
check this photo out... happened yesterday, approx. 2hrs away from here
http://www.mywesttexas.com/local/Z/Zwire2288/zwire/images/duststormbig51.jpg

To Lut! May you recover quickly!

LOL.....

that's from the movie, THE MUMMY...

gosh zippy, we aren't dumb...;)

PIF,

done!

momoffuzzyfaces
06-05-2003, 02:53 PM
GREAT NEWS! There is an update on Lut. Her surgery is over and went well. She hopes to be out of the hospital next week. Niina (Casper & Kitty) started a new thread with the update! CHEERS!:D

slick
06-05-2003, 02:58 PM
Sorry, but can I get two more toasts in please??

For Naomi and Bassett: May the stress end soon and Bassett return to normal.

For PayItForward: May you sleep peacefully tonight and find Houdini in the morning.

zippy-kat
06-05-2003, 03:11 PM
pfft..whatever richard

Front page:
http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.asp?brd=2288

catland
06-05-2003, 03:17 PM
A toast to you Lut - may this surgery help relieve your pain so that you can return to PetTalk soon.:D

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 03:18 PM
pfft..whatever richard

Front page:
http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news.asp?brd=2288

WELL WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SUPER SIZED THUNDER CELL!!:p

momoffuzzyfaces
06-05-2003, 03:19 PM

For PayItForward: May you sleep peacefully tonight and find Houdini in the morning.
I'll drink to those too!

Cincy'sMom
06-05-2003, 03:42 PM
I'm behind inthe toasts!!! I think I'm going to need three quick shots! Make it easy, how about all 3 Jack Daniels...

To Lut!

To Naomi

and to PayItForward....

and now I have to try to go play softbal?!?!

babolaypo65
06-05-2003, 03:48 PM
I'm impressed! We haven't gotten to 94f yet!

Its THURSDAY!

We're going to have record high heat here today - 94f (ok, so those of you in the south west aren't impressed - this is a heat wave for us.;)

So what ever it is, it better be cold. Bartender - is the bar open yet?

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 04:12 PM
done.

anyone interested in a super sized thunder cell???

lol

PayItForward
06-05-2003, 04:16 PM
Yes Please. Thunder cell sounds interesting. :)

Bless you Slick

lizbud
06-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Richard,

" anyone interested in a super sized thunder cell??? "

Yes, I'll have one please. In a glass with shaved ice & vodka. :D

Miss Meow
06-05-2003, 04:52 PM
Is the bar still open? I'm a bit late this week!

Glass of bubbly please :)

slick
06-05-2003, 04:59 PM
What a day....these stupid people.....they want everything NOW and when you go to install on their computer "It's not a good time now..." Screw them.

A triple please Richard, to help me through the rest of this disgusting day. Thanks.

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 05:14 PM
What a day....these stupid people.....they want everything NOW and when you go to install on their computer "It's not a good time now..." Screw them.

A triple please Richard, to help me through the rest of this disgusting day. Thanks.

miss and slick...
done!

and one more time for Lut!

Barbara
06-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Now that I see that the bar is not just ice tea and vanilla milk shake I can join too. A beer for me purrreaz;)

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 05:28 PM
done!

barbara will be telling stories about her trip at the other end of the bar....:)

slick
06-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Great. Barbara, I'm listening..... (oh, that sounds like Frasier...)

Barbara
06-05-2003, 05:35 PM
The rattlesnake story:confused:

catland
06-05-2003, 05:53 PM
Get well soon Lut (although it looks like you should be closing up the bar in Europe - its past midnight over there).

lizbud
06-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Richard,

Sir, I think you missed my drink order.:(

RICHARD
06-05-2003, 07:23 PM
i'm sorry....here ya go....
10 lashes with a swizzle stick......

:eek:

marysmerrycats
06-05-2003, 08:17 PM
rattlesnake story? I'd like to hear that...also could I have... hmm I dont drink often..what do you suggest?

a toast to Lut for a fast recovery! and to Naomi, she is going thru so much with dear little Bassett!

iceyshiver21
06-05-2003, 10:32 PM
WOW! weird night?? Still open?? if so could I get a Hot Choco, becuase its raining and when it rains I will be in the puddles jumping my little heart out and now im soaked and COLD!! :D

IttyBittyKitty
06-06-2003, 06:37 AM
Hmm, I could go a strawberry marguerita. It's my first visit to the bar. Hi everyone!

RICHARD
06-06-2003, 11:11 AM
mary, icey and itty....
done!
special friday hours!!

catland
06-06-2003, 11:35 AM
who - hoo - Friday hours. Richard - you are my kind of bartender. Lets get and ice bucket, some ice, a lime, and a six-pack of Corona, and go out on the deck - its too nice to be inside.

RICHARD
06-06-2003, 11:36 AM
who - hoo - Friday hours. Richard - you are my kind of bartender. Lets get and ice bucket, some ice, a lime, and a six-pack of Corona, and go out on the deck - its too nice to be inside.

give me a sec....
i need my sunscreen!

marysmerrycats
06-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Richard or anyone else, what do you suggest? I don't know of that many drinks... well a strawberry margarita sounds good...

slick
06-06-2003, 12:02 PM
What's this?? Dick's Place open on Friday?? It's barely 10am here and I'm already ordering a drink....sheesh

I'll just settle for an Apple Cider, ice cold, served in a chilled glass with twist of lemon.....thanks

RICHARD
06-06-2003, 12:11 PM
mary,
Lynchburg Lemonade

1 1/4 oz. Jack Daniels, Splash of Triple Sec & Sour mix, 7-up

Shake with ice, pour in a Highball glass, Top with splash of 7-up

slick...

done!

marysmerrycats
06-06-2003, 12:49 PM
remembering now, I can't drink the hard stuff.. I just like liquers(sp?) and milkshake type drinks... I'm a lightweight lol

momoffuzzyfaces
06-06-2003, 01:06 PM
I need the tallest cherry vanilla coke you have! Thanks!:D

RICHARD
06-06-2003, 02:23 PM
moff...

done!

slick
06-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Is the bar still open?? It's 30 degrees here and I need another Cider??

Also, I'll be away for the next two weeks so won't be joining in on the Thursday festivities, so you will all have to party without me. Not too terrible a thought I'm sure...

catland
06-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Its only 36 degrees here - oh, wait, that's celsius. Correction - it's 97 degrees farenheit -

Some years it never gets this hot here - we don't often see this kind of heat unless its the end of July or someone I know is getting married:eek: ;)

hot time, summer in the city.

Bartender - can I have just a plain old Iced Tea?

RICHARD
06-06-2003, 06:15 PM
slick and cat...

done!

slick,
have a nice vacation, rest get lazy and eat alot!!

see ya!

catland
06-06-2003, 06:25 PM
slick - we'll save a seat for your return - have a great time.

slick
06-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Thanks, but not going anywhere at all. No money. Instead I'll be having a date with the dust bunnies under my bed.....don't have a pc at home so won't be logging on but there is an internet cafe in town.....the withdrawal symptoms might carry me there.

Barbara
06-07-2003, 03:19 PM
This website is really good for learning languages. The dust bunnies are called dust mouses here:D But they also live on this continent!

Randi
06-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
The dust bunnies are called dust mouses here:D But they also live on this continent!
They sure do - and they're called "nullermænd" in Denmark. :D

mænd = men

marysmerrycats
06-07-2003, 05:38 PM
thats interesting... I was painting my bathroom yesterday, (boy did the kitties HATE being locked out!... "the door is shut.. she actually SHUT us out! hmmph!) and as I went around and behind the toilet, there was a dust bunny! I guess it has hiding behind the toilet, on the wall.

I just realized, this thursday thread, talking about drinks, reminds me of when I chat online with my friend Linda(calitex, but she has not posted much) during our chats, sometimes one or the other will say,how about a peice of cake, or some pie, and something to drink, soda usually...:) its just fun.

marysmerrycats
06-09-2003, 03:10 PM
so, can we hear the rattlesnake story?

marysmerrycats
06-09-2003, 09:55 PM
:confused: