PDA

View Full Version : things that go flush in the night!

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 01:41 PM
I am the only human in the house... yet last night I heard the toilet flush... now I somehow just KNOW it was Cassie that was responsible for that... if you knew her you would understand.
but HOW did she do it? it is a hard handle for even me to push down at times.. how does an 8-10 pound cat manage it? maybe Patches jumped on it..hes 18 pounds!

kind of an eerie thing to hear, LOL:rolleyes:
If I had heard the refrigarator door open next, then I would have really worried!( and ice being thrown into a glass... running water... the shower, then the front door.:eek: :eek: lol
cassie can already open cupboards, I sometimes hear slam! slam! slam! then I have to get up and block them from her, or let her OUT of the cupboard, she got in and can't get out!

Lerah021399
06-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Smart kitties! I had a friend whose cats thought it was fun for one of them to sit on the top of the toilet and flush it and the other would dip his paws in and play w/ the water while it was going down. The only thing that Ali and Jack do w/ the toilet is drink water from it when we leave the seat up.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-04-2003, 02:21 PM
LOL!!! They love to mess with your mind!!!
My RB cat Leroy, tried to gas us once. I went into the kitchen and smelled gas. He had stepped on one of the knobs on the cook stove and turned it just enough that the gas came out but didn't light the burner. I now keep all the knobs off the stove unless I'm cooking; just in case he taught his trick to one of his brothers.:D

Pam
06-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats

If I had heard the refrigarator door open next, then I would have really worried!( and ice being thrown into a glass... running water... the shower, then the front door.:eek: :eek:

ROTFL! **conjuring up mental picture** I know what you mean. My boys have startled me more than once into thinking there was an intruder! Now if only that flush could have meant that she actually went potty in there! LOL! Was the toilet paper roll disturbed? LOL!

My Andy once, in the middle of the night, walked across the buttons on the top of the clock radio and we were serenaded with music in the pitch dark. :)

lailamara
06-04-2003, 02:49 PM
Maya was running around in the middle of the night and must of jumped on the right spot cause she turned on the vacuum cleaner. Boy did that give us a scare.

slick
06-04-2003, 02:56 PM
ROFLMAO!!! That's too funny. I've never been victim to any of this but if it did happen, I'd freak.......

kimlovescats
06-04-2003, 03:28 PM
How funny!!! Hey, maybe we are potty training ourselves now???? :D

Uabassoon
06-04-2003, 03:47 PM
It's amazing some of the sounds that a cat makes at night. Sometimes Corkscrew boucing around the kitchen and jumping in the sink making dirty dishes rattle, sounds like my roommate is making a midnight snack. And when i get out of bed to look it's always Corkscrew standing on top of dishes with that look of innocence on his face.

marysmerrycats
06-04-2003, 06:57 PM
no the toilet paper was not disturbed... and i leave the seat down. I had to hang my phone/answering machine on the wall even though it is not a wall phone, because the cats kept walking on it and messing up the clock/time on the answering machine. so I get home on ... say a wednesday and the machine says, " tuesday 2 am... im thinking what?!:eek:

krazyaboutkatz
06-04-2003, 11:38 PM
LOL All of these stories are too funny. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-05-2003, 12:48 AM
HA!! HA!!
This thread is too funny....

The only bumps in the night I get is if Tinky sees something outside the windows (we have those heavy plantation blinds) and she will nearly tear the house apart running from window to door to window to window... silly girl... it is soooo loud and I have to put her in the room with me.

emily_the_spoiled
06-05-2003, 10:01 AM
I haven't yet woken up to the toilet flushing, but I have woken up for a variety of other kitty reasons:
1) the answering machine,
2) loud music from the clock radio next to the bed,
3) unidentified crashing sounds, like furniture or vases that "just tip over", and
4) the "projectile missile" as Tanner jumps from the highboy dresser onto my stomach
:D :D

ScantyNebula
06-05-2003, 10:03 AM
LOL the projectile missle!

K & L
06-05-2003, 12:08 PM
We have a cat that can open our door! He jumps on the washer and then pushes the handle down. Sometimes they're just too smart for OUR own good!:D