PDA

View Full Version : labradoodles

Mich
06-04-2003, 01:32 PM
this is my dog

AngelZoo
06-04-2003, 02:40 PM
wow... nice picture, ?:rolleyes:

You didn't get him from a back yard breeder did you?

GSDgurl
06-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Angel u see a picture??? :confused:
Because I don't see anything....

AngelZoo
06-04-2003, 02:53 PM
No I don't see a picture, my previous post was sarcastic.

GSDgurl
06-04-2003, 02:54 PM
OO........ I get ya ;) :p

Mich
06-04-2003, 03:31 PM
I have done rescue, thanks. It would be nice if you would have asked first.

GSDgurl
06-04-2003, 03:39 PM
That good u did rescue.... do u have any pictures?

Mich
06-04-2003, 03:42 PM
I only have pics of my Labradoodle, but don't know how to put them on here

Uabassoon
06-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Mich if you want you can email me the picture and I can post it for you.

Mich
06-04-2003, 04:16 PM
But you will have to email me first so as I can send them to you. Thanks once again

Uabassoon
06-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Mich I just sent you an email.

Uabassoon
06-04-2003, 05:15 PM
Here are some pictures of Mich's dog

Uabassoon
06-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Here's another one

Uabassoon
06-04-2003, 05:19 PM
and another

Uabassoon
06-04-2003, 05:21 PM
and here's the last one of this cutie

Mich
06-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Thank you for all that you have done here for me. It means a great deal to me to know that there are people like you out there. A true animal lover and one who is willing to help people share.

Nomilynn
06-04-2003, 05:56 PM
What a lovely dog! I've never heard of this breed before. Can you tell us more about her? (I'm assuming it's a her from the Tiff name).

Welcome to Pet Talk. Hopefully from now on you will be treated more graciously :rolleyes:

Pam
06-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Sorry for the unkind welcome. That is not representative of the rest of the folks here! I have two poodles, a standard poodle named Bella and a miniature poodles named Ripley (in my signature). Your Labradoodle is very pretty. I see a lot of poodle in her! :) Please do stick around and let us get to know you!

LoudLou
06-04-2003, 06:22 PM
WELCOME, WELCOME WELCOME TO PETTALK!!!!! Man'O Man she (?) is SO BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL!!!!!!!!

AngelZoo
06-04-2003, 07:37 PM
My introduction was not rude, it was a simple question. Learn to read folks, not just imply everything.

And for the person who asked, Labradoodles are obviously a mix I'm sure you figured that out already :) They were orginially made by back yard breeders. So please if you want one some day, get an abandoned one left in rescue, and not from a byb.

anna_66
06-04-2003, 09:16 PM
There are alot of wonderful people here, I'm sure you'll find that out if you stick around (hope you do, I'd love to hear & see more of your beautiful dog!).
And thanks Nomilynn for posting Mich's pics!!

oodlesofpoodles
06-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Welcome to pet talk. I think that you labradoodle is precious.

Labradoodles were not from back yard breeders originally, The hunters started cross breeding the labrador and standard poodle, and what they came up with was an awsome retriever, the labradoodle is up and coming one of the top hunting dogs. The standard poodle is one of the best water retrieving dogs. The back yard breeders got into the act as the breed was becoming popular with so many. As they do with any breed.

A friend of mine has one and she chooses to keep his coat a little long. He is the color of a wheaten terrier. He has one of the best attitudes ever.

Aspen and Misty
06-04-2003, 09:40 PM
WOW :eek: :eek: :eek:

Welcome to Pet talk, we all just love it here and I hope you do to! Your dog, wow, I mean she is just wonderful!!

Ash

cloverfdx
06-05-2003, 08:18 AM
nice X BREED you have there (yes folks cross breed dog)

AngelZOO i know where you are coming from it make me SOOOO mad when people buy dogs from BYB.

there is a so called breeder of DESIGNER dogs here in melbourne victoria ACA KENNELS , it is one big puppy farm and animal welfare are not doing anything to shut the place down

http://melbourne.citysearch.com.au/E/V/MELBO/0049/64/13/

cloverfdx
06-05-2003, 08:21 AM
mich also congratulations on rescueing your mutt, one more life saved from the hand of man

sadie
06-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Labradoodles have been used extensively in England for seeing eye dogs. They have been found to be the correct size and very trainable. Kennels have been crossing them since the 1960's. A labradoodle have proven to be calmer than the Labrador so better for the job.
Your Tiff is beautiful.

GSDgurl
06-05-2003, 01:11 PM
WELCOME~! Pet Talk is great n' u'll love it here~! About the begining...I wasn't bein rude...I simple just asked Angelzoo if she really saw a picture....b/c I didn't.....but if I did hurt u in any way...Im sorry~! My name is Casey.....n' I am a nice pet talk person too~! I have 2 dogs...Asia(GSD) n' Alex(collie), 3 cats...Ashes, Meche, n' Kayro...n' 1 rabbit...Baby~!

Love your dog..Tiff....she is beautiful n' thanx for sharing the pictures~! Hope to see more of her later.

AngelZoo
06-05-2003, 08:17 PM
I am not condeming the dogs themselves. I disagree with bringing yet even more new breeds to this world, with the gross over population we already have.
Creating and maintaining a new breed, or introducion one to a new area just creates a new fad for some people and that makes a problem. The large majority of Labradoodles and other recent such mixes are from BYB's in this country.
In my mind, anyone who breeds animals like this is not a reputable breeder.
You don't have to agree with me, but you don't have to argue it either. Most of the people I run into who have or want labradoodles are simply because "they are so cute!" they know nothing of their origin, or their purposes else where, and they pay up the ying yang to get it from a supposide "breeder".

Jax
06-05-2003, 11:52 PM
What a gorgeous dog!! :eek: I love his/her (?) long legs and sweet sweet face. What a beauty! I have a black toy poodle - they are so smart, aren't they!!?! Welcome to the forum!! Please post more pics soon. :) :D :)

Mich
06-06-2003, 08:58 AM
Dear Animal Lover, I am one of softest people when it comes to animals. I have had a number of Toy Poodles die a terrible death from what pure bred breeders call ""Line Breeding""". I was not going to get another dog because I could not take the pain in those little eyes looking at me asking me to help them, when there was nothing I could do....no one could do, in fact. My daughter talked me into buying Tiffany, and it is the best thing I did. The vet said that the mix between two healthy Vet Tested dogs will produce a fine, healthy companion. I saw both parents, and yes she came from Melbourne. Her Dame was a cream Labrador Retriver and her Sire was a White Standard Poodle.
These were first bred in Australia for Guide Dogs, but not many get through, as they are a very people dog and do have high intelligence. Some get distracted easily. BUT from that cross breeding, they found that they got a good, sound family dog which in the first litter 95% of them are not shedding.I hope I have told you a little about her history?

Mich
06-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Tank you for you lovely words. Yes, Tiff is my "Tiffany" She is 33inches tall from her head to her front feet, I am not sure how to swap kilo's to pounds...she is 23kilos and 16months old, so a lot more growing I suppose. I have never had a labrador, but over 20 years ago I had an alsmost black ( black and tan) Shepherd and a silver sable shepherd. I owned a Bedlington for a while - they are magic dogs - but she died from a disease called 'BedlingtonTerrier Liver Storage Desase' and died in mydaughters and my arms, and it was not nice, as they vomit blood also blood oozes from their nose and ears. Terrible!

Mich
06-06-2003, 09:57 AM
Hello Pam, when I first saw that beautiful Rose Brown Nose, I thought you had a 'doodle' - but as you have explained, they are all "Poodles" You are one lucky person, and lovely photos

Mich
06-06-2003, 10:03 AM
I love your cats too. I too used to own cats for so many years I can't count. Moggies and 1 siamese,1 cross siamese and the last two were a red burmese and his sister who was a blue tortie...they lived a very long and happy life here. Now there are so many neighbourhood cats around I feel that it would be unkind of me to bring in a kitten, wspecially with my big dog. ( though all she wants to do is play, and sits and cries when she sees one that won't come into our yard).......do you blame them?

Mich
06-06-2003, 10:07 AM
Dear me, you know a lot more about them than I do. There is only a few sites that I have contacted before about the breed, but they are from Australian Breeders, like 'Tegan Park'. I did not know you could get papers for a cross bred dog, so that was new to me. They say 4th and 6th generation, but I have seen some of them and they look like small labradors.

wolfsoul
06-06-2003, 10:15 AM
These were first bred in Australia for Guide Dogs, but not many get through, as they are a very people dog and do have high intelligence. Some get distracted easily. BUT from that cross breeding, they found that they got a good, sound family dog which in the first litter 95% of them are not shedding.I hope I have told you a little about her history?

That's true :) I read up on this a while back, that labradoodles and goldenoodles are now being used as guide dogs. They have the lab/retriever temperment, and the poodles non-shedding abilities. A fine mix if you ask me ;)

I ran into a white standard poodle yesterday. Gorgeous, and didn't want me to stop petting her! :D

Mich
06-06-2003, 10:16 AM
I have to tell all of you here, that without the help of uabassoon, my pictures of Tiff ( Tiffany ) would not be there for you all to see. So a Great Big Thank you to this kind and generous person, who did not know me from adam. Just sent me a message for me to email my pics to them, and they would do it. I thank you so very much.;)

Mich
06-06-2003, 10:20 AM
That is true about what you say. About meeting a Standard Poodle, well I, too had not met one up until my dog had to be clipped.........they are a tall dog,hey? and have been tol that they are the best natured out of all the different sizes of Poodles.

I like your picture also,is you dog part wolf?

ChewmonkeyBC
06-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!!
Beautifull doggie!!

~Kay~

Dogz
06-06-2003, 02:34 PM
Yes indeed!
WELCOME TO PET TALK!
Your dog is lovely! Tiffany is so cute!:D

KYS
06-06-2003, 02:34 PM
I agree with Pam,
I also see a lot of Poodle in her.
Very nice photos. :)

Cookiebaker
06-06-2003, 04:47 PM
OOOOhhhh!! Your Tiffany is just breathtakingly beautiful! I have only seen a few labradoodle pictures, and they are such a handsome breed. Tiff sure looks like one happy pupper!! :)

p.s. Welcome to Pettalk...I hope you enjoy it here!

Mich
06-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
OOOOhhhh!! Your Tiffany is just breathtakingly beautiful! I have only seen a few labradoodle pictures, and they are such a handsome breed. Tiff sure looks like one happy pupper!! :)

p.s. Welcome to Pettalk...I hope you enjoy it here!

Thank you so much. I can't even find her pictures myself now. She is such a good dog.

Mich
06-06-2003, 08:26 PM
silly me........I didn't realise they were not on every page, tut! tut!

wolfsoul
06-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Mich
That is true about what you say. About meeting a Standard Poodle, well I, too had not met one up until my dog had to be clipped.........they are a tall dog,hey? and have been tol that they are the best natured out of all the different sizes of Poodles.

I like your picture also,is you dog part wolf?

This poodle actually wasn't very tall, I was quite surprised! But still drop dead gorgeos :D

Lol, she doesn't have any wolf in her, but you wouldn't be the first to ask! ;) :o :D

Mich
06-06-2003, 11:19 PM
With your name and all, I did just wonder. thank you

tikeyas_mom
06-07-2003, 12:49 AM
what a beautiful dog, I love her pritty charecteristics. What a nice dog.

Mich
06-07-2003, 12:56 AM
Thank you. She is only young at 16months old, a little larger than those photos. I love training her.She is a good girl

clara4457
06-07-2003, 06:03 AM
Mich - Welcome to Pet Talk!!!

I love your pup - she is beautiful. I always enjoy hearing from people in other countries.:)

I am owned by Leo - a 2 1/2 year old Rott/Chow Mix and Penny Lane - a 6 year old GSD (maybe???) Mix and Sam a 5year old DSH cat terrorist :D

Mich
06-10-2003, 05:25 AM
thank you, and, I love the pictures of your family. You are one lucky lady having all of them.

Cheshirekatt
06-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Guide Dogs For The Blind is doing the very same thing....breeding golden retreivers and laboradors together to produce better service dogs. I think they're calling them goldadors. :) I hope they'd get a warmer welcome than you got.

We're glad to have you here.

Mich
06-22-2003, 10:53 PM
In the beginning I did not have a photo, so it hurt all the more. but no worries.
About what you said, I am pleased that they are doing this for the blind. In fact very few labradoodles came through good enough for them, as they wer too much a people dog. There is a lady here who had a chocolate doodle, and he was so good and he was retired ........like long service.
It is very hard for a blind person, after having one dog for so long, then to have to be retrained with another.

It is not as simple as swapping over dogs.....the blind person and the new dog have to go through training sessions to see it they suit each other. Very trying on the human, and not so trying on the dog.

Cheshirekatt, thank you for bringing this information.