PDA

View Full Version : say goodbye to cheky and friend

G.P.girl
06-04-2003, 01:28 PM
:( :( i have to give my guinea pigs away!!!!!!!!! we're moving to seattle and can't take rodents on the plane.......:( :( :( :( :( we're taking our rabbit though..but stiil he's my sisters nd cheeky and friend are (were) mine:( :( :(

Aspen and Misty
06-04-2003, 01:39 PM
o no this is awfull news :( I feel so bad :hugs: That really stinks that you can't bring them with you. :(

Ash :(

tikeyas_mom
06-04-2003, 03:57 PM
omg that sucks so bad, why cant you take them on the plane, but you can take the rabbit? :confused:.. guinea pigs can be just as easily crated. I hope they goto good home. are you giving away the cage and accersories two? where do you live?

Uabassoon
06-04-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your guiena pigs, it's always hard when you have to leave your pets behind. I hope they find a new home where they will be loved as much as you loved them.

G.P.girl
06-05-2003, 01:41 AM
we can take Cadbury (the rabbit) because rabbits are not rodents. and people think that guinea pigs are just like rats that carry diesese:( i'm giving them to my friend but i dont think she really cares about hem. the pets here are just like for entertainment and proticion. like it's rare for a dog to go in the house. we're leaving my dog too but i think it's better for her to stay. she's getting old and has problems traveling. and i dont think a 22 hour flight would be good for her. plus she'll be in the same yard with our landlords that live below us so she knows them and likes them. they really like her too. so i hope she'll be happy.
i meant to write cheeky not cheky. i live in hungary

popcornbird
06-05-2003, 02:26 AM
That's awful! :( Your guinea pigs can't even go if they get a clean bill of health at the vets? That's just so sad. :( I'm glad that at least your bunny can go. Let us know how it goes with her. Will she be travelling in the cabin with you or downstairs in the plane?

G.P.girl
06-09-2003, 08:24 AM
we wanted to take him in the cabin with us but we have to fly british airway and he has to go in the cargo:(

RubyMutt
06-09-2003, 08:54 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that :( :( That must be so hard. I hope they will be happy with their new families :( I hope you like Seattle, I live in Washington state as well and I love it here :)

ChloeLove
06-09-2003, 03:33 PM
Aww! That sucks! I am so sorry. :(

ILoveReptiles
06-09-2003, 03:55 PM
I believe airborne express ships live cargo... have your friend CAREFULLY box them up and write fragile on the box... and ship them out to you!

It's just a thought. By the way, I was always under the impression that rabbits actually ARE rodents... I guess I was wrong. Dictionary.com has the definition:

Rodent: Any of various mammals of the order Rodentia, such as a mouse, rat, squirrel, or beaver, characterized by large incisors adapted for gnawing or nibbling.

Don't rabbits have large incisors for nibbling? I thought they did.

And that airline sounds stupid.

Bleh.

shellonabeach
06-09-2003, 05:32 PM
rabbits are not rodents they are lagomorphs a class of their own.

Personally I would think that rabbits would be more of a disease risk because there is also a wild rabbit population. There are no wild guinea pigs (in the US) for your domestics to spread diseases to.

RubyMutt
06-15-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ILoveReptiles
I believe airborne express ships live cargo... have your friend CAREFULLY box them up and write fragile on the box... and ship them out to you!

I wouldn't advise you to do that! :eek: That seems so risky! I work in a shipping/receiving department and deal with Airborne on a daily basis. They probably more careful with their packages than other parcel companies, but I have seen many packages come back to us (including ones with "Fragile" and "Handle With Care", etc. written on the box) in horrible condition. I wouldn't trust them with shipping a live animal!
Not to mention the poor animal would be in a dark box for hours & hours!! Possibly in the cargo area of a plane! Any access to food and water?? That just sounds horrifying :(

popcornbird
06-15-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by ILoveReptiles

NO! Its WAY better that the animal travel with the person. Even if the animal is in the cargo area of the plane, they have special areas for pets and its much better for the pet to travel on the same plane as the owner.